PDA

View Full Version : Blue and Green Name Rarities Guide

anketam
09-14-12, 06:51 AM
I would have use the bb code for tables but it is disabled on this forum...

Anyways... in the Dragon Story Forums it was posted and some interesting evidence has been posted that certain names (particularly the rarer names) are more likely to get rare dragons. Considering that Monster Story is built on the same engine the theory could also hold true for Monster Story. In order to further investigation into this I have gone ahead and done some egg hatching of Blue Goos and Tree Rexs. Here is the break downs:

Blue name rarity:
Count - Name - Percent
4 - Blobbert - 2.50%
5 - Dropple - 3.13%
6 - Goowoop - 3.75%
6 - Glueey - 3.75%
6 - Wetworth - 3.75%
7 - Boog - 4.38%
7 - Dripple - 4.38%
7 - Splot - 4.38%
7 - Wobbly - 4.38%
8 - Stickley - 5.00%
8 - Watro - 5.00%
9 - Wetty - 5.63%
9 - Gurgle - 5.63%
10 - Drip - 6.25%
10 - Slimeson - 6.25%
12 - Muckfred - 7.50%
12 - Sprinkle - 7.50%
13 - Tinkle - 8.13%
14 - Cloggsby - 8.75%

Green name rarity:
Count - Name - Percent
5 - Fauno - 3.13%
5 - Emerald - 3.13%
6 - Lyre - 3.75%
7 - Leaf - 4.38%
7 - Nym - 4.38%
8 - Twig - 5.00%
8 - Artemis - 5.00%
8 - Blitzer - 5.00%
8 - Fern - 5.00%
9 - Nakata - 5.63%
9 - Satyr - 5.63%
9 - Drood - 5.63%
9 - Pan - 5.63%
9 - Taurus - 5.63%
9 - Claw - 5.63%
10 - Terra - 6.25%
10 - Python - 6.25%
11 - Capri - 6.88%
13 - Pine - 8.13%

I will not be able to easily do this for red, yellow or white, so don't expect numbers from me on them. Two examples of names that were used to get rare monsters from the Burn bark lizard 15 hour thread:
Sky Turtle - Twizzit & Ecogoo - Fauno = Diamond Pegasus and Mosstrich
Tree Rex - Nym & Firefox - Flambi = Burnbark Lizard
Now if you look at the charts Fauno is tied for top rarest green and Nym is tied for fourth rarest green. So... please post your findings and results maybe a pattern or a particular set of names might come out that can be used to boost our chances of getting that one rare monster.

Side note - this would also explain the feast & famine luck pattern since if you breed with the same monsters always you might be locking yourself into a poor quality pair or a high quality pair.

09-14-12, 07:25 AM
I got my mosstrich from palmwing (7-taurus) and sea buffalo (7-Ferno).... I'm not sure if names make a difference.

Stinkebollo
09-14-12, 10:21 AM
Sky Turtle - Twizzit & Ecogoo - Fauno = Diamond Pegasus and Mosstrich
Tree Rex - Nym & Firefox - Flambi = Burnbark Lizard
Now if you look at the charts Fauno is tied for top rarest green and Nym is tied for fourth rarest green. So... please post your findings and results maybe a pattern or a particular set of names might come out that can be used to boost our chances of getting that one rare monster.

OMG I can't believe what happend. I've tried Sky Turtle - Twizzit & Ecogoo - Fauno and got the Diamond Egg with the second try. I'm so happy. I'ts unbelievable.

Thanks for this information!!!

Bargini
09-14-12, 01:16 PM
Hi, anketam!
Do you think it would be helpful for calculating the rarity of names if players wrote the names of the monsters they have here?

Bargini
09-14-12, 01:21 PM
Also I have noticed that different monsters can get same names!
Example: name Char - Sea Buffalo and Phoenix.
So maybe those rare names (calculated for blue and green) also apply for others?

Bargini
09-14-12, 01:55 PM
More examples of same names of different monsters:
Leaf Lion, Inferoo and Griffin - Tinder
Wavewing and Sea Buffalo - Splot
Blue Blob and Wavewing (2x) - Sprinkle
Griffin and Sky Turtle - Tweetali
Hermit Cat, Tonguetoad and Sky Turtle - Santa
Phoenix and Sea Buffalo - Char

anketam
09-14-12, 03:59 PM
Also I have noticed that different monsters can get same names!
Example: name Char - Sea Buffalo and Phoenix.
So maybe those rare names (calculated for blue and green) also apply for others?Each name falls under a color. So Char is a red name. Any monster containing the red type can have it.

cast1532
09-14-12, 03:59 PM
I got my Diamond Pegasus from breeding Palm Wing (Claw) and Sea Buffalo (Pyro) together. From the list Claw seems to be common(?) and I don't know what Pyro is.

FigOni
09-14-12, 04:14 PM
I have a ecogoo called blobert is the the rarest of is the name on the bottom the rarest.

anketam
09-14-12, 05:04 PM
I got my Diamond Pegasus from breeding Palm Wing (Claw) and Sea Buffalo (Pyro) together. From the list Claw seems to be common(?) and I don't know what Pyro is.I just checked all of my reds and I dont have a Pyro so it could be rare.

I have a ecogoo called blobert is the the rarest of is the name on the bottom the rarest.Look at the count and percentage, the top is the rarest so congrats. But note rarest name does not necessarily equal the ones we are looking for. I have already done sever combinations with a blobert and no luck I am about to start testing Dropple and then Wetworth.

anketam
09-14-12, 05:07 PM
Just bred a Firefox - Char & Inferoo - Twig and got a second Inferoo.

Bargini
09-15-12, 12:56 AM
Just bred a Firefox - Char & Inferoo - Twig and got a second Inferoo.

I got my Pegasus by breeding Sea Buffalo (Char) and Palmwing (Figaro), but I had lots of tries with it... Also I have 3 red monsters called Char, so it does not look like rare for red.

anketam
09-15-12, 04:44 AM
Interesting. Because I just did the same combo again and got Burnbark Lizard. Maybe Twig is a good name, but Char is not. I will keep experimenting.

bigbux3
09-15-12, 10:49 AM
I just bred Sky Turtle- Twizzit and Ecogoo- Fauno and got a 14 hour breeding time. It might be a Wavewing.

Miquilis
09-16-12, 05:06 AM
Oh no I renamed some of my monsters. I'm slowly giving up on ever getting a diamond monster or dragon, this is slowly becoming so complicated it's like trying to breed for a shiny in pokemon.

BlueCanary
09-16-12, 06:54 AM
Oh no I renamed some of my monsters. I'm slowly giving up on ever getting a diamond monster or dragon, this is slowly becoming so complicated it's like trying to breed for a shiny in pokemon.

I rename all of my monsters and got a diamond pegasus in one of the first few tries, so don't worry too much.

karach
09-16-12, 07:16 AM
just bred tree rex 6 (fauno) + fire fox 7 (char), breeding time is 15 hours, got burnbark lizard on first try

coolgamegirl27
09-16-12, 08:42 AM
I rename all of my monsters and got a diamond pegasus in one of the first few tries, so don't worry too much.

So what were the named of the monsters you used for Diamond Pegasus?

mielemilo
09-16-12, 10:19 AM
How about shell lizard?? I breed about 50 times still no luck

karach
09-16-12, 01:37 PM
furball(wetworth) + palmwing (satyr) = shell lizard, I forgot the levels of these monster, maybe level 4 I'm not sure, I think name matters a lot, good luck!

bigbux3
09-16-12, 06:46 PM
I ended up with a Wavewing with Fauno and Twizzit.

Is it the lower the percentage is, the higher the rarity, or the higher the percentage is, the higher the rarity?

materq
09-16-12, 11:21 PM
I think this is wishful thinking!!!

tasjatjuh157
09-17-12, 12:32 PM
Oke, based on this information, to try to breed my diamond i picked, Fauno my Pamlwing ( 5) and Goowoop my Seabuffelo ( 6).

Still in total SHOCK i have 44 hours breeding den :DDDDD

Im still testing this theory in DS, im at level 53, still no diamond. Im evolving my rare '' cloud'' and '' Indigo'' to let them breed, so hopefully that will succeed too!

bigbux3
09-17-12, 03:36 PM
Oke, based on this information, to try to breed my diamond i picked, Fauno my Pamlwing ( 5) and Goowoop my Seabuffelo ( 6).

Still in total SHOCK i have 44 hours breeding den :DDDDD

Im still testing this theory in DS, im at level 53, still no diamond. Im evolving my rare '' cloud'' and '' Indigo'' to let them breed, so hopefully that will succeed too!

I tried this and only got 8 hours.

Why is everyone else getting more luck than me? I both Dragon and Monster? I must be CURSED!

coolgamegirl27
09-18-12, 10:13 AM
You and me both, bigbux:( Having loads of luck in non-TL dragon/monster games, but no luck here.

patriciabudville
09-18-12, 11:38 AM
My crab things (cant think of name) were:Torch, Santa, Pompi

I got torch like 4 times. And names shouldnt affect the breeding times since you can change their names O_o

greatday2bealive
09-18-12, 09:32 PM
I think that this thread and idea is false beliefs and that those who follow it are trying to find somkind of hope to cling to. First of all, how is it that you are determining which names are rare an which are not? According to my knowledge we have no way of knowing that nor do we have any way of determining that. From a mathematical standpoint your results already make this an invalid argument. Secondly, keep in mind we can change names too. Aside from that, why would names matters? You might have a rare name but that doesn't mean you will become famous...nor does it mean that if you have a common name that you won't become famous. This is like Y2K in monster story...false beliefs.

lattefix
09-20-12, 03:31 AM
I guess mayb we can take a step back and try it out, mayb it works, mayb it does not but I think it's really generous of Anketam to share with us and even spend the time to do the research. So I guess we could just tone down on the backlash.. just my 2 cents..

Also, I have no idea what to believe in but since its a game, let's play it for fun. I tried it out for myself by breeding a Fauno tree rex and Flambi fire fox and immediately got a BurnBark on my first try. So mayb it's my luck or perhaps the names do have something to do with the probability of the breeds.

Spread the love, guys ^^

Bargini
09-20-12, 04:01 AM
I have a feeling that it's not just about the name, it's more about the combination of two. I think each name or letter is sticked to a specific number and when players breed monsters these numbers are placed in a certain formula in order to calculate the chances of getting specific monsters. So, what I am trying to say that it's not just about the rarity of each name, it's more about the way two names are combined.

Also, I would like to add that I have a lot of different monsters with the name char and usually when I use them in combination with others they result in rare monsters (e.g. Pegasus, Burn Bark, Inferoo). As you can see the name is not rare, but results are more then rare.

So, good luck to all of you :)

habanero89
09-20-12, 04:27 AM
I think that this thread and idea is false beliefs and that those who follow it are trying to find somkind of hope to cling to. First of all, how is it that you are determining which names are rare an which are not? According to my knowledge we have no way of knowing that nor do we have any way of determining that. From a mathematical standpoint your results already make this an invalid argument. Secondly, keep in mind we can change names too. Aside from that, why would names matters? You might have a rare name but that doesn't mean you will become famous...nor does it mean that if you have a common name that you won't become famous. This is like Y2K in monster story...false beliefs.
Not saying Im 100% on board with the theory (though I do think it's a very good one) but this post is confusing. From a mathematical viewpoint the argument is invalid? How so? He/she made it clear in the OP that the method consists of repeatedly hatching blue goo/tree rex and making a note each time so in theory the names that come up least often are rarer than those names which come up more often. This was done hundreds of times in order to get a more realistic/representative probability of names.
As for changing names maybe it's the original name that matters. I just got a Burnbark Lizard first time with a Tree Rex originally called Fauno (now Gaia) and an Inferoo :) I mean after all Monster Story is very similar to Dragon Story where we know rarity of names DOES matter. Lastly no offence but whether or not someone has a rare name or common name in real life is irrelevant. This is a game why would it's rules be dictated by reality? Just playing devils advocate here...

greatday2bealive
09-20-12, 11:34 PM
I got a burnbark on the first try too...name of monsters? both 'common' names. As for the math part....repeated attempts at the monsters and havin them named IS NOT nor ever will make an argument valid. Those 'facts' are still invalid bcs we can't just assume...we need proof. What the poster did was not proof. (I'm a math major by the way, so try to argue against it again...you won't win). P.s.: I have a lot of rare monsters...their parents? Not 'rare' names...again....can't list a name as rare or common...only team lava would know this information. (In my experience, you have best chances of getting rare if the monster parents are in Epic form)....Once o had all my monsters in Epic form, I got a rare, then super rare, then rare again)...please not the words 'In my experience'

winkysy
09-21-12, 05:37 AM
my experience? after seeing anketam's analysis and all who contributed here, i tried leaflion char lev10 and wavewing blobbert lev 4, guess what?! I got a Diamond!!!! so Char is a good name to use!! thanks anketam!!

winkysy
09-21-12, 07:30 AM
omg!!! i can't believe it. it must be my lucky day today! i tried on my other device with Leaflion blast lv10 + Wavewing blobbert lv4 and i got a 44 hrs too!!!!!!!

cast1532
09-21-12, 07:36 AM
I got a burnbark on the first try too...name of monsters? both 'common' names. As for the math part....repeated attempts at the monsters and havin them named IS NOT nor ever will make an argument valid. Those 'facts' are still invalid bcs we can't just assume...we need proof. What the poster did was not proof. (I'm a math major by the way, so try to argue against it again...you won't win). P.s.: I have a lot of rare monsters...their parents? Not 'rare' names...again....can't list a name as rare or common...only team lava would know this information. (In my experience, you have best chances of getting rare if the monster parents are in Epic form)....Once o had all my monsters in Epic form, I got a rare, then super rare, then rare again)...please not the words 'In my experience'

Why are you raining on their parade? If it works for them then let it be. Like you said, it's your experience. In my experience, I got all of my rare/super rare/ultra rare not using the epic forms. I only evolved my Palm Wing and Blue Blob to epic forms. Most of my monsters are 4-9 levels.

Rychergirl
09-27-12, 12:17 PM

I have used the following combo for the Shell Lizard and got it each and every time I tried:

Left Side: Palmwing Level 7
Right Side: Sea Buffalo Level 6

I didn't think names had as much to do with outcome, but find levels certainly do

ladyj0y
10-07-12, 10:34 AM
Do you think it would be helpfull to change the name in the name into rare names. Do you think that would be work? if not..than I will never get a Diamond on DS odr MS ;__; so bad luck

bigbux3
10-07-12, 12:31 PM
Will someone please help me breed a Diamond Pegasus? You can PM me. I'm tired of Wavewings, Shell Lizards, and Palmwings!

chewytwix
10-08-12, 10:35 AM
I don't think changing the names will be helpful. It has to be the original name.