PDA

View Full Version : More mystic map questions...

pixsmith
09-14-12, 02:45 AM
1. Is there a limit to the number of mystic maps that I can send each day to my neighbors (like there is a limit of 3 per day for gold)?

2. When I get the message "A friend responded to mystic map request. Why not pay them" - does this mean they accepted or declined my ask for a map?

3. Is there an FAQ anywhere for these sorts of questions?

Many thanks :)

Snapenath
09-14-12, 02:47 AM
Hi there

1 No there are no limits for that. You can only receive 20 maps, but you can send as many as you want.

2. It means that they did send you the map.

3. In the menu of the game, you can find an FAQ on the game.
Otherwise, on the forum, there are guidelines in sticky threads that help a lot.

pixsmith
09-14-12, 03:23 AM
Thanks Snapenath, I'm not sure thoug - just checked my map count and it's gone up 8 but I've only had 3 friend responded messages so I'm thinking that maybe it's the other way round - you get a message when neighbors decline to send the map...

mammami08
09-20-12, 07:01 AM
Anyone Else experiencing trouble getting the Maps? I have over 100 neighbors and to day i lacked 19 Maps for My next expansion. So i send out recuest for Maps to all My neighbors, but they don't get the recuest and i don't get the Maps i Need. Some get the recuest because i got 8 Maps since i sent the recuest, but the once i can check with IRL haven't got it like My doughter, My hubby and a couple of My workbuddys. I haven't received the Max of 20 since i Only got 8. When i try to send out new recuest i just get the message you can't send recuest to day since you Already sent....

mammami08
09-20-12, 09:50 AM
Anyone Else experiencing trouble getting the Maps? I have over 100 neighbors and to day i lacked 19 Maps for My next expansion. So i send out recuest for Maps to all My neighbors, but they don't get the recuest and i don't get the Maps i Need. Some get the recuest because i got 8 Maps since i sent the recuest, but the once i can check with IRL haven't got it like My doughter, My hubby and a couple of My workbuddys. I haven't received the Max of 20 since i Only got 8. When i try to send out new recuest i just get the message you can't send recuest to day since you Already sent....

ANYONE? Else Haninge the same problem?

vanillaheaven
09-20-12, 10:04 AM
ANYONE? Else Haninge the same problem?

The only thing I know is that the game only sends out 20 requests at first. Or something like that. And when you get those 20, the rest of the requests are sent... I'm really not sure.

Another thing I've noticed is that, even though I check the news every hour or so, sometimes I get requests from neighbors that are 2 days old. Sooo... That's why I remember reading on the forum that the game only sends 20 requests at a time. This thing with requests not getting sent was a problem in bakery a while ago, I think, and it was caused by sending requests to too many neighbors. Again, I'm not really sure.

vanillaheaven
09-20-12, 10:06 AM
Oh! And I also wanted to say that it usually takes me two or three days to gather enough maps from neighbors (I need about 40 or so maps), even though I have 70 of them. So maybe your situation is normal. :)

Horntail21
09-20-12, 10:08 AM
Another thing I've noticed is that, even though I check the news every hour or so, sometimes I get requests from neighbors that are 2 days old. Sooo...

Yep happens to me all the time

mammami08
09-20-12, 10:34 AM
It usually takes me a couple of days to to get the requierd Maps but i thought it was because i could Only get 20 a day. I'm lvl 53 i think and needed 56 for this one. I didn't know that it just sent out 20 requsts at a time, in that case some of My first 20 might not respons of different reasons (not playing anymore, gone on hollyday...) so it might be smarter to choose 20 that i know Will respons quite quickly?

The wait haven't bothered me befor but now to day i want to reach that golden tree, i'm just this expansion away

vanillaheaven
09-20-12, 10:59 AM
The wait haven't bothered me befor but now to day i want to reach that golden tree, i'm just this expansion away

I know, I get a bit impatient too when I want to get an expansion right now.. Though from this point of view, dragon story is waaaaay better than the other story games, cause you only have to request one single item. In bakery, however.... Sometimes it takes daaays until you get all the parts to build a new appliance :D

Skracher
10-02-12, 06:57 PM
Wondering about the maps. Just started playing. Only need 2 maps for expansion. Requested from 4 neighbors including Stormie. Received 1 in news from another guy but nothing from Stormie. Also when I check to expand, it still shows I have none. Is their somewhere they are stored or something?

telynau
10-03-12, 05:07 PM
Well, this is interesting reading! I only keep three neighbours, for gifting purposes, and it can take a day or two for them to actually receive a map request from me.

I'm guessing the map request que goes in alpha-order through both sender and receiver lists. Possibly time/date order as well. No telling how it's all coded 😄

telynau
10-03-12, 05:10 PM
Oh, Skracher, it may be Stormy doesn't count as an actual neighbour. Look at your profile, it may only show 3 neighbours total. (That's what mine shows with 3 neighbours plus Stormy's Park.)

kerriescastro
03-30-14, 01:57 PM
After a little research, I believe the maximum number of Mystic Maps you can receive per day is 21 (1 from Stormie's Park & 20 from other neighbors).
Refer: Is there a limit on Mystic Maps? (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?57294-Is-there-a-limit-on-Mystic-Maps)
Also see http://blog.teamlava.com/post/25542981207/TeamLava's Guide to Gifting (http://blog.teamlava.com/post/25542981207/teamlavas-guide-to-gifting)
Which confirms the limit in receiving 20 'Mystic Maps' per day, and also confirms the gifting limits of sending 3 Gold per day and receiving 20 Gold per day, and finally, that the 'Gifting Counter' resets at 12:00am Pacific Time every day.