PDA

View Full Version : Gems?

carbird
09-13-12, 09:05 PM
Have the rules changed for gem rewards at cooking to level 2 and 4? I didn't get any reward after reaching level 4 today. Anyone else notice this!

greygull
09-13-12, 09:20 PM
Try restarting your device, or deleting and reinstalling the game. Double check that the recipe has completed the final level of mastery by starting to cook it (maybe on a couple of appliances?). If you have definitely completed it, and the gem did not appear, email support@teamlava.com Give them your ID and what happened.

justk9188
09-13-12, 11:22 PM
I heard that sometimes you don't get the mess of being rewarded gem for lvl 2 or 4, but your gems inrease 1.
Before reaching lvl 2 or 4, you should take a look at number of your gem. If you don't get anything (message or 1 gem), do as Greygull said.

jamesdean1957
09-19-12, 03:26 PM
Sometimes if i click the ingredients too fast I wont get a gem.

JohnDede
09-19-12, 04:49 PM
Not all foods award the gem when you load the appliance. Some award the gem when it is served (put on a counter).

lilacpear
09-20-12, 03:00 AM
Not all foods award the gem when you load the appliance. Some award the gem when it is served (put on a counter).

Yes, I've noticed that... I wonder which foods award the gems when serving and which when cooking.

Also, it would really be nice if the developers designed a graphic element within the cookbook that distinguished the mastered recipes from the non-mastered recipes. It is quite hard to keep track of them as it is.

-lp

greygull
09-20-12, 10:01 AM
Yes, I've noticed that... I wonder which foods award the gems when serving and which when cooking.

Also, it would really be nice if the developers designed a graphic element within the cookbook that distinguished the mastered recipes from the non-mastered recipes. It is quite hard to keep track of them as it is.

-lp

It isn't which food/drink you're making, it's where you are in the mastery of the recipe. I normally use 9 appliances to cook one dish. After I've cooked several times (7 times maybe?), the last time will award the final gem while I'm prepping on about the 5th appliance. Using more or less appliances will complete mastery at different stages, sometimes while cooking, sometimes while serving. :)

And it has been requested for the mastery bar to either change colors, or to show in some way when a recipe has reached the end. I personally would really like one also!

queentina3
09-20-12, 12:04 PM
And it has been requested for the mastery bar to either change colors, or to show in some way when a recipe has reached the end. I personally would really like one also!

Same here. I really like the way they do it in Fashion and/or Farm. Fashion starts out at 0 so when you hit 4, you know your done! That would be great for RS and/or BS. Farm as you know, has the little leaf and when all 4 are colored, BAM, you're done! That is an option as well.

Too bad TL won't listen to us though. :(

lilacpear
09-20-12, 12:13 PM
It isn't which food/drink you're making, it's where you are in the mastery of the recipe. I normally use 9 appliances to cook one dish. After I've cooked several times (7 times maybe?), the last time will award the final gem while I'm prepping on about the 5th appliance. Using more or less appliances will complete mastery at different stages, sometimes while cooking, sometimes while serving. :)

It takes 83 "cooks" of the same recipe to master it fully, right? (I don't know how it breaks down per mastery level, so if someone knows please share.) When reaching each level you receive a number of coins and XP for levels 1 and 3, and one gem and XP for levels 2 and 4.

What you are saying, then, is either:

a) when cooking for levels 1, 2, and 3, the final awards (gems, coins, and XPs) are given after serving BUT when cooking for level 4, the final award is given after prepping dish #83

or

b) you don't need to cook exactly 83 times to achieve mastery level 4, since 9 appliances x 7 "cooks" = 63 dishes, and you said you receive the final gem when prepping appliance 5 of the last "cook", which would be "cook" #59 out of 63.

Something seems wonky with your math. With 9 appliances, you'd need 10 "cooks" to achieve mastery if 83 "cooks" per recipe are needed, yet you said you receive a gem on the 7th "cook"? I'm mastering some dishes in RS now, so I'll pay attention to these numbers from now on.

I think the original question was "Are mastery awards given when serving or when prepping?" but I'm all confused now. :(

-lp

lilacpear
09-20-12, 12:21 PM

Same here. I really like the way they do it in Fashion and/or Farm. Fashion starts out at 0 so when you hit 4, you know your done! That would be great for RS and/or BS. Farm as you know, has the little leaf and when all 4 are colored, BAM, you're done! That is an option as well.

Too bad TL won't listen to us though. :(

It could be as simple as changing the color of the little chef's hat that's to the left of the progression bar (and maybe the bar itself) under each recipe from gray to gold once mastery is achieved. See screenshot below:

http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t381/lilacpear/C3DCCC61-167E-49EC-9CBE-B7640F1EC8CF-7027-0000081EEEDC964F_zps733abe9e.jpg

-lp

greygull
09-20-12, 12:52 PM
It takes 83 "cooks" of the same recipe to master it fully, right? (I don't know how it breaks down per mastery level, so if someone knows please share.) When reaching each level you receive a number of coins and XP for levels 1 and 3, and one gem and XP for levels 2 and 4.

What you are saying, then, is either:

a) when cooking for levels 1, 2, and 3, the final awards (gems, coins, and XPs) are given after serving BUT when cooking for level 4, the final award is given after prepping dish #83

or

b) you don't need to cook exactly 83 times to achieve mastery level 4, since 9 appliances x 7 "cooks" = 63 dishes, and you said you receive the final gem when prepping appliance 5 of the last "cook", which would be "cook" #59 out of 63.

Something seems wonky with your math. With 9 appliances, you'd need 10 "cooks" to achieve mastery if 83 "cooks" per recipe are needed, yet you said you receive a gem on the 7th "cook"? I'm mastering some dishes in RS now, so I'll pay attention to these numbers from now on.

I think the original question was "Are mastery awards given when serving or when prepping?" but I'm all confused now. :(

-lp

I said it was maybe 7, I stopped paying attention honestly lol. It very well could be 9. In RS, you get the chefs hats for prepping and for serving, where as Bakery you only get them for serving (that has been requested to change also). I know nmishii broke it down very well, I just don't remember where the thread is.

Mastery awards are given when you recieve a certain number of chef hats, though I don't know how many.

lilacpear
09-20-12, 12:59 PM
Mastery awards are given when you recieve a certain number of chef hats, though I don't know how many.

Okay, I'm officially confused now. I thought we received one chef's hat per dish cooked/served?

-lp

greygull
09-20-12, 01:04 PM
Okay, I'm officially confused now. I thought we received one chef's hat per dish cooked/served?

-lp

If I remember correctly (which with the way today is going, may be inaccurate), you recieve 1 chef hat for each part of the prep (2 total to get the dish cooking), then 1 for the first part of the serve, and either 3 or 4 for the final serve. In total, I believe it's 6 or 7 chef hats per complete dish, prep and serve. So approximately 498-581 chef hats.

JohnDede
09-20-12, 01:55 PM
I don't know why you're discussing chefs hats, a totally irrelevant piece of collections paraphernalia. The first gem comes from completing level 2. You have to cook 83 sets of each recipe to get the second gem. Some recipes will award the gem as the dish is going onto the appliance, and others only award the gem as the food is placed on the counter (ie: food must be served).

It is the way it is, and I haven't spent time studying it, but I believe the difference is between old and newer recipes. Old I'm guessing are the pre everything is 4 coins, and new as everything going forward from that change. When that change was reversed, it seems that the pre-change, less than 4 coins foods, diverted back to their pre-change behavior.

I'll try to pay attention, but I'm cooking almost exclusively what I'm calling newer recipes, and those seem to require serving.

It is what it is, and I think you'd have to be nuts to delete a recipe off the appliance to save cooking time, just because you got the gem loading the appliance. That would be the only possible way to take any advantage of getting the gem when loading the appliance that I can see. If the game took back your gem if you deleted the 83rd batch off an appliance, you have to know you'd never see it again.

I think this is a lot of excess discussion, since you just have to keep cooking each recipe till that gem pops out.

greygull
09-20-12, 02:20 PM
The chef hats we are talking aren't part of the collectibles, they're little images when cooking (look different then the collectibles ones, and don't "pop out" like them). If you zoom in while you're prepping or serving, you should be able to catch a glance of them. I tried to grab a screenshot, but it didn't catch it.

JohnDede
09-20-12, 02:27 PM
So you're looking at them because ... ?

Doesn't matter. You have to do each recipe 83 times, to collect two gems.

lilacpear
09-20-12, 02:34 PM
I don't know why you're discussing chefs hats, a totally irrelevant piece of collections paraphernalia.

We are not talking about Collectibles hats. We are talking about little hats awarded to players at each step of cooking/serving a recipe. See image below:

The first gem comes from completing level 2. You have to cook 83 sets of each recipe to get the second gem. Some recipes will award the gem as the dish is going onto the appliance, and others only award the gem as the food is placed on the counter (ie: food must be served).

Agreed. We are just trying to figure out what the "rule" is, if any, for when the gems and coins are awarded. Greygull is suggesting that the difference might have something to do with the number of chef's hats received during the preparation and serving portions of the cooking process.

It is what it is, and I think you'd have to be nuts to delete a recipe off the appliance to save cooking time, just because you got the gem loading the appliance.

No one here is suggesting that. In fact, you're the first person to bring this up.

I think this is a lot of excess discussion, since you just have to keep cooking each recipe till that gem pops out.

I'm not sure you get to decide on your own what is or isn't "excess discussion". If the topic does not interest you, you shouldn't feel compelled to reply.

-lp

lilacpear
09-20-12, 02:39 PM
Oh, forgot to attach the image:

http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t381/lilacpear/37758A50-1EF2-4D04-B742-87DC445BC049-7182-00000833DDF0948A_zpsa67f4f17.jpg

-lp

queentina3
09-20-12, 02:45 PM
lilacpear and GG, I think it goes like this:
Level 1 = 8
Level 2 = 23
Level 3 = 43
Level 4 = 83

I also notice that sometimes I get the gem when putting food on the appliance instead of just serving it, but I've never really watched that closely or cared what the recipes/appliance as long as I got my gem. :)

I think those numbers work for both BS and RS by the way.

greygull
09-20-12, 02:47 PM
Yes, they do

Thank Queentina :)

JohnDede
09-20-12, 03:23 PM
I'm not sure you get to decide on your own what is or isn't "excess discussion".

OK. I come back later to learn what you all decide the rule is.

lilacpear
09-22-12, 08:01 AM
OK. I come back later to learn what you all decide the rule is.

I honestly don't see the need for your attitude. No one is forcing you to read these messages, so why bother reading them and commenting on them if you don't think they're useful to you?

-lp

lilacpear
09-22-12, 08:06 AM
lilacpear and GG, I think it goes like this:
Level 1 = 8
Level 2 = 23
Level 3 = 43
Level 4 = 83

I also notice that sometimes I get the gem when putting food on the appliance instead of just serving it, but I've never really watched that closely or cared what the recipes/appliance as long as I got my gem. :)

I think those numbers work for both BS and RS by the way.

-lp