PDA

View Full Version : Diminishing Coins

OrdinaryJoe
09-12-12, 11:45 AM
Okay, so I'm still in limbo, as I'm not 100% sure how long I'll continue to play, but it looks like I might stay and play some more... Maybe see what is to come... and hope for the best. I really enjoy this game, and will play and give it a chance. It's possible that I won't be as frustrated with all the changes as I had originally thought -- or at least that's what I'm hoping. I really hope I continue to enjoy the game, even with all these changes, but in the meantime, I decided to start cooking again.

NOW.. About my "Diminishing Coins":

I have noticed a problem with my coin balance going down without any reason.

During the past couple of days, I noticed (several times) that my coin balance was lower than the previous time I checked. It had just gone down by itself.. The first few times it happened, I just blew it off thinking that I was mistaken. After it happened a few more times, it really got my attention. I decided to keep track of my balance on paper today. I got a notebook and made two columns on the sheet. One for TIME (that I checked) and the other column for the BALANCE at the time that I checked. AND I was VERY careful about reading and writing the numbers down correctly.

My "diminishing coins" situation has nothing to do with the whole price doubling thing. I am not talking about reduced profits or anything like that. Just that my balance goes down inexplicably.

I currently have 15 or 16 ovens with Red Velvet Cake baking. I experienced a big drop in my coin balance when I placed them in the oven and started cooking (sometime yesterday), and that was fine. I also bought some items earlier today, and saw my coin drop for those purchases (also fine). It's what I've noticed since then that bothers me. With my ovens full, and with me not baking or not making any purchases during the time I was observing my balance, I noticed it drop a couple of times.

Take a look:

11:07 am -- 7,187,684
12:22 pm -- 7,206,799
12:40 pm -- 7,189,456 <----
1:02 pm -- 7,194,824
1:07 pm -- 7,191,452 <----

So, you see, in this two hour window, my balance dropped twice.

I know it's not THAT much, but with how little we are now making, it feels like a lot. Plus, who knows how many more coins I have really lost. I also felt that the amount of coins I have been earning the past two days didn't seem right (even taking the price doubling in consideration).

Something's not right.

OrdinaryJoe
09-12-12, 11:47 AM
Ooopsss.. Title should say: "Diminishing" Coins

AnnasCoffee
09-12-12, 12:07 PM
Maybe the "Coin Bug" is back.

OrdinaryJoe
09-12-12, 12:12 PM
What is the "Coin Bug"?

greygull
09-12-12, 12:28 PM
Ooopsss.. Title should say: "Diminishing" Coins

Edited title for you :)

This has been flagged over

OrdinaryJoe
09-12-12, 12:39 PM
Edited title for you :)

This has been flagged over

Thank you greygull!

queentina3
09-12-12, 12:46 PM
What is the "Coin Bug"?

The "coin bug" is basically people losing coins as soon as they log into their game. The get the "welcome back" screen but the coins aren't added. Well, sometimes they add them but then they deduct them right away with sometimes more than what they had earned being deducted.

TimeForACuppaTea
09-12-12, 12:50 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35597-You-wonder-why-you-loosing-money-Make-you-self-test!!!

Then there may be two bugs going at once. When you cook something it takes the coins the item costs to cook (normal) but then while it's cooking it takes more coins (not normal).

FarmerTrunte
09-12-12, 12:50 PM
year... something is wrong.. I made less than 200 coins for 24 ours :(
Over a few days the account go in less....

OrdinaryJoe
09-12-12, 01:14 PM
Whatever this bug is they need to fix it soon....

I want to update my numbers for whoever this has been flagged over to:

Take a look:

11:07 am -- 7,187,684
12:22 pm -- 7,206,799
12:40 pm -- 7,189,456 <----
1:02 pm -- 7,194,824
1:07 pm -- 7,191,452 <----
3:03 pm -- 7,222,232
3:05 pm -- 7,191,114 <---- I was serving my Red Velvet Cake when this drop occurred. I was on the third batch (out of 15)..

I'm off to serve the remaining 12 batches.

sweetdrlights
09-12-12, 01:24 PM
Ok I think that's what may b happening to me and when I log into the game I don't get a welcome window stating how many coins I've made while away and my balance hasn't increased now I'll have to check to see it it's decreasing tnx for the info.

OrdinaryJoe
09-12-12, 01:24 PM
This is crazy!

I didn't even get to serve the rest of the RVC. I was about to. I just grabbed my tablet and saw my balance drop from 7,194,XXX to 7,191,XXX.

I went ahead and served my RVC, and during this time (serving the remaining 12 batches), I watched my balance go down four or five times. This time it kept dropping to 7,191,1XXX. It would get to 7,191,2XX or 7,191,3XX, it would drop down. (I don't have exact numbers because it was happening so fast, and I wasn't prepared to write them down. I was serving my food.

pattypopo
09-12-12, 03:14 PM
Joe you may want to read another thread on this page "You Wonder Why You Missing Coins..." Please post if your problem is resolved but don't count on it. I've had this issue since March and is still happening.

444olive
09-12-12, 05:36 PM
This just happened to me on my iPad!!! Will see if my iPhone does it too! This is just salt in our wounds!!! Talk about last straw!!!

OrdinaryJoe
09-12-12, 06:44 PM
I've continued to monitor my balance, and it's still happening. I will compile all my notes, and send to Team Lava. Hopefully, they can look at my account right away.

The game is eating/stealing my coins, lol, and after the changes we just went through, this REALLY is not a good thing. It makes it so much harder to get ahead, when it already is.

I served my Red Velvet Cakes, and now my ovens are sitting idle, because I don't want to spend all those coins on baking them, if I'm not getting all my coins.

pattypopo
09-12-12, 07:47 PM
Sounds like your problem is worse than mine. I hope you get it fixed soon. It is getting really, really hard to make any headway in this game. Good luck and keep us posted. I would love to hear what type of response you get.

dakao
09-13-12, 10:19 PM
You have problem with coins. I have with gems.I had 25 when I closed my store closed last weekend. I did not bake or buy any thing since then. Tonight I checked my store and it showed I had 15 gems. 10 were evaporated for no reason. So I spend the left on a lantern, a table and one tile.
These really take away the fun of playing game which supposedly relieve stress :(

MeriLizzie
09-14-12, 02:59 PM
I seem to be having this issue. I logged into game and it said I had $709,000 +/- saying I earned $60,000 +/-. Then started collecting tips! Dropped to $688,000 +/- . Then I started baking (only 5 ovens) and it dropped to $670,000 +/-. I'm losing more than I'm making. At this point I'll stop baking but even just logging in I'm losing money. Just logged in to check my level and coins are back up to $702,000 +/- with it saying I made $25,000 +/- in 5 minutes?!?

MeriLizzie
Chez Cookie
Level 70
playing on Kindle Fire game version 1.3.7

09-14-12, 04:10 PM
I seem to be having this issue. I logged into game and it said I had $709,000 +/- saying I earned $60,000 +/-. Then started collecting tips! Dropped to $688,000 +/- . Then I started baking (only 5 ovens) and it dropped to $670,000 +/-. I'm losing more than I'm making. At this point I'll stop baking but even just logging in I'm losing money. Just logged in to check my level and coins are back up to $702,000 +/- with it saying I made $25,000 +/- in 5 minutes?!?

MeriLizzie
Chez Cookie
Level 70
playing on Kindle Fire game version 1.3.7

I've continued to monitor my balance, and it's still happening. I will compile all my notes, and send to Team Lava. Hopefully, they can look at my account right away.

The game is eating/stealing my coins, lol, and after the changes we just went through, this REALLY is not a good thing. It makes it so much harder to get ahead, when it already is.

I served my Red Velvet Cakes, and now my ovens are sitting idle, because I don't want to spend all those coins on baking them, if I'm not getting all my coins.

The most important thing is to monitor our real money so we don't lose on it

OrdinaryJoe
09-14-12, 04:12 PM
The most important thing is to monitor our real money so we don't lose on it

Yes, you should monitor your real money, lol.

09-15-12, 04:08 AM
Yes, you should monitor your real money, lol.

We should, i have this experienced in the past with TL. I just want to share with you. but good luck anyway.

MeriLizzie
09-15-12, 04:57 PM
It did it again to me. I really like this game, one of the few that play well on the Kindle. But when I see my coins go from 703,000 to 655,000 for no reason it makes no sense for me to play. Especially when I'm losing not gaining and my next expansion just jumped from 3mil to 6mil.

MeriLizzie - Game ID for all
Suzanne
Level 60, Bakery Story
I also play Restaurant Story. Farm Story. Nightclub Story, and will continue to play City Story until I finish all the recipes as it is not on Kindle Fire.

bakerycraft
09-29-12, 05:29 AM
Yes this is happening to me too! I lost millions in coins a month ago and have been baking like crazy to make enough to expand. Due to the previous prob I am keeping track of the balance. Recently I am going backwards. When I open the game it says you have earned xx in coins but doesn't add them to the total. Same with earning coins from goals. Has anyone had any help from TL about this?
I have deleted and reinstalled, didn't help.
I am using an iPad 2' game version 1.6, but this was happening on the prev version also.
ID bakerycraft
Bakery name cookies n cakes

Any advice would be appreciated, I am loosing hundreds of thousands in coins.

MeriLizzie
10-02-12, 02:56 PM
I am STILL having the problem BUT now I can't cook anything!! My coin total can't seem get over $2000 making it hard to cook anything! I can't even BUY halloween items! How often do we have to report the bug to get it fixed? I've reported it, repeatedly, others have reported it. Please fix it!!

Suzanne
ID MeriLizzie
Device - Kindle Fire

carrion2342
10-09-12, 05:30 PM
On level 99 I used to make 200K a day. Now I'm making 25 in 3 days. Noticed the same problem. Even my tips are disappearing. I don't see any reason to play anymore. No one ever run a business with such a deficit.

Codysgarden
10-13-12, 09:20 AM
I've been at $310000 for weeks now.....this morning when I signed in I had 320000 and was thrilled....until I looked again a few seconds later...I somehow lost 100000 coins.....
Not sure why this hasn't been resolved.....it makes no sense to keep playing if there's no progression in the game....help please

kooky panda
10-13-12, 12:51 PM
I've been at $310000 for weeks now.....this morning when I signed in I had 320000 and was thrilled....until I looked again a few seconds later...I somehow lost 100000 coins.....
Not sure why this hasn't been resolved.....it makes no sense to keep playing if there's no progression in the game....help please

There are new game versions that had bug fixes included. Please make sure you have the most current game version. *check under menu-help-small number at the bottom

iOS: Bakery Halloween version 1.6.1
Android Halloween: 1.5.5.4
Kindle Fire: 1.5.5.4

Codysgarden
10-13-12, 04:06 PM
Gosh...I feel dumb...I thought the games updated automatically ...now I know how to do it..thx kooky panda :)

kooky panda
10-13-12, 04:40 PM
Gosh...I feel dumb...I thought the games updated automatically ...now I know how to do it..thx kooky panda :)

On some android devices and kindle fire I think you can set in your settings for automatic downloads of new updates.
IOS does not have this feature.

onecupcakez
10-20-12, 02:46 PM
I am new to playing this game on my iPhone and I go to buy a white table for 1k coins and it takes 6k leaving me with nothing for cooking. Don't recall having issues on my kindle.

ChristinesFun
10-29-12, 10:00 AM
there is definitely something not right. This morning I had about 243,000 coins. I bought the blue bread display for 80,000, so I should have had about 160,000 left. But instead my balance was 80,000 (approx); so it seems I was charged twice. Very unhappy since it took a long time to earn those coins after my last expansion. Have emailed teamLava support and hope they can restore lost coins.

kooky panda
10-29-12, 10:18 AM
I am new to playing this game on my iPhone and I go to buy a white table for 1k coins and it takes 6k leaving me with nothing for cooking. Don't recall having issues on my kindle.

there is definitely something not right. This morning I had about 243,000 coins. I bought the blue bread display for 80,000, so I should have had about 160,000 left. But instead my balance was 80,000 (approx); so it seems I was charged twice. Very unhappy since it took a long time to earn those coins after my last expansion. Have emailed teamLava support and hope they can restore lost coins.
what are the game versions you are playing?
check under menu-help-small number at the bottom of the screen.

Poliptily
01-12-13, 08:14 PM
Something similar happened to me. I was in my bakery and noticed I had over 1,000,000 coins. About 5-10 minutes later, I was visiting another neighbor when I got a message that I had reached level 21. So, I went back to my bakery, and, inexplicably, my coins were suddenly 187,000. I hadn't bought anything, or baked anything. This is quite a big difference. We're talking 1,000,000. I am doubly annoyed because I was close to having enough to expand, and now I'm practically back to square 1.

beachbrella
01-12-13, 08:16 PM
I had the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled and, so far, it has fixed the problem. Plus, I get goals now. I didn't have them before. I hope it works for you.

Poliptily
01-12-13, 08:21 PM
I tried that, and it didn't work. Powering down my tablet, force closing the app, and clearing my cache didn't work either.

kooky panda
01-12-13, 09:26 PM
what are the version numbers of the game you are playing?
Check your game under menu-help-small number at the bottom of the screen.

sapphirecross
01-19-13, 05:29 PM
I'm on Christmas 1.6.4 and I just lost about 37k coins - went from 965k to 928k while I was tapping tables to get tips. I already had the popups and closed them, was putting out food and collecting coins. Then the game does the Processing... thing again. I lost about what I got from the "you made x amount while gone" message plus some, and some of my food was back on the ovens. I don't pay a lot of attention to money usually, but I was looking right at it when this happened.
This is not the first time I've gotten the double Processing synching and I always lose whatever tips or food I was in the middle of doing. Going to a neighbor before doing anything doesn't seem to eliminate the double synching reset thing, as it still happens.
On my old iPhone, I noticed that when Fashion Story did a synch it would go back about 2 min (I timed it using order delivery timer out of curiosity), and my coins would reset to what they were about 2 min earlier. I don't know if this is similar but I will try to pay more attention.

nurs3kim
01-20-13, 07:30 PM
This is happening to my hubby's bakery. iOS version 1.6.5 playing on iPhone 5

nurs3kim
01-21-13, 05:55 AM
And it happened to me last night. Same version, same device.

thedenbristol
01-29-13, 07:17 PM
So is the anything we can do I just lost 90,000.00 it's not like it cheap if you pay for some gems like I did