PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Names

smile4katie
09-12-12, 05:29 AM
So as NOT to hyjack the OP of the diamond names thread I would like to list names for other lucky pairings and see what happens.

My list is all first try with basic dragons which was ridiculously lucky! So I want to share :)

Wizard- hydro & chanu
Bumblebee-cloud & ember
Mistmoth- hydro & merl
Aether- hydro & merl
Landworm- ember & pan
Parakeet- cloud & fauno
Scorpion- ember & shu
Atlantis- hydro & fauno

Love to see yours

smiley326
09-12-12, 06:23 AM
Great names ^^
Ember is my fire dragon's name, Shu is my eagle's name, and my Aether dragon is Hydra (almost same ^^)
My water dragon name is Nept and Mismoth is Neptune ^^
But I really like my poison dragon's name, Mxpltz... ^^

smile4katie
09-12-12, 06:58 AM
What luck have u had in breeding your names? I am hoping to see what names are more successful than others. The other thread seems to be hitting on diamond breeders by name.

muddpie99
09-12-12, 07:08 AM
Theres some interesting data coming out about the names. I along with a forum buddy will be posting a complete list of names soon. So far the names seem to follow the dragons color. Meaning red = red names blue = blue names ect. Hybrids can have either of the base colors names. Base colors have 18 different names so Hybrid will have 36 different name options.

There also seems to be a "rarity" factor with names. So far the most common Firestorm name is Cinder and rarer names include Pyro,Tinder,Glow,Blast,Ash,Ember, and the rumored Diamond producer....Cruise.

smile4katie
09-12-12, 07:56 AM
Theres some interesting data coming out about the names. I along with a forum buddy will be posting a complete list of names soon. So far the names seem to follow the dragons color. Meaning red = red names blue = blue names ect. Hybrids can have either of the base colors names. Base colors have 18 different names so Hybrid will have 36 different name options.

There also seems to be a "rarity" factor with names. So far the most common Firestorm name is Cinder and rarer names include Pyro,Tinder,Glow,Blast,Ash,Ember, and the rumored Diamond producer....Cruise.

I forgot my diamond!
1st try cloud & puck

coolgamegirl27
09-12-12, 12:16 PM
Your Water dragon, Hydro has been a busy boy hasnt he!!lol

I got Infinity with Fairy named Satyr & Wizard named Cepha

auroracon
09-12-12, 01:08 PM
Your Water dragon, Hydro has been a busy boy hasnt he!!lol

I got Infinity with Fairy named Satyr & Wizard named Cepha

Hmmm, I have a lvl 3 fairy named Satyr I think i'm going to level that one up next to go with my Wizard (named Anansi)

right now my level 9 fairy (Twist) and that wizard are producing pretty good dragons. in 4 breeds I've gotten a Mindvolt, Mist, Seabreeze and Fruitful. So 50% rare/super rares :D But maybe if I try Satyr with the wizard i'll get the infinity!

I've not noticed any other names specifically that seem to be producing good dragons, but I have been getting a lot of the same names over and over across all different dragon types, specifically Anansi, Dive, Wave, Skye, Blaze (i have like 10 of these), Pyro, Nepha, Satyr, Twist (ive had at least 3 or more of all these names in this game so far)

My seabreeze is actually a 'Shu', so maybe ill level that one up too if it's a lucky name for some.

sweetstuff525
09-12-12, 01:21 PM
Hmmm, I have a lvl 3 fairy named Satyr I think i'm going to level that one up next to go with my Wizard (named Anansi)

right now my level 9 fairy (Twist) and that wizard are producing pretty good dragons. in 4 breeds I've gotten a Mindvolt, Mist, Seabreeze and Fruitful. So 50% rare/super rares :D But maybe if I try Satyr with the wizard i'll get the infinity!

I've not noticed any other names specifically that seem to be producing good dragons, but I have been getting a lot of the same names over and over across all different dragon types, specifically Anansi, Dive, Wave, Skye, Blaze (i have like 10 of these), Pyro, Nepha, Satyr, Twist (ive had at least 3 or more of all these names in this game so far)

My seabreeze is actually a 'Shu', so maybe ill level that one up too if it's a lucky name for some.

yes fairy and wizard are good dragons. they got me my atlantis and my mismoth and another familiar or tricster in den ive been trying for infinity lol
fairy 6 claw wizard 6 dali

auroracon
09-12-12, 01:39 PM
yes fairy and wizard are good dragons. they got me my atlantis and my mismoth and another familiar or tricster in den ive been trying for infinity lol
fairy 6 claw wizard 6 dali

since i last posted that, i just sped up a bunch of breedings and got a parakeet and a serpent! with the lvl 9 fairy (twist) and lvl 6 wizard (anansi). Ran out of gold and am trying not to buy more until the new dragon comes out tomorrow... but in between the rares i got a bunch of fruitfuls, mists, corals and genies, and one poison.

lizardlickfan
09-12-12, 03:38 PM
Katie thank you for this list. I just tried 2 of your name combos one in each of my accounts and the first one I got 22 hours (Mindvolt/Wizard) been trying for ages for those two so I'm happy either way and in the second account I got 18 hours (Familiar/Trickster) and again I'm happy I had been trying for those in that account. So I have jotted these down for my future breedings.

smile4katie
09-12-12, 06:15 PM
katie thank you for this list. I just tried 2 of your name combos one in each of my accounts and the first one i got 22 hours (mindvolt/wizard) been trying for ages for those two so i'm happy either way and in the second account i got 18 hours (familiar/trickster) and again i'm happy i had been trying for those in that account. So i have jotted these down for my future breedings.

nice!!

Horntail21
09-12-12, 06:30 PM
Is that hydro or hydra? I have a hydra but no hydro

Horntail21
09-12-12, 07:30 PM
I'm assuming it was hydra, mine is a coral, so I paired it with a fruitful and got an 8hr breeding time. Here's hoping its my first fairy!! Even though most likely it's another genie.

auroracon
09-12-12, 08:42 PM
I'm assuming it was hydra, mine is a coral, so I paired it with a fruitful and got an 8hr breeding time. Here's hoping its my first fairy!! Even though most likely it's another genie.

i think they did mean Hydro, not Hydra. Only because in my old game I had tons of hydro's, and in this game I'm only getting Hydra's. So there's definitely both possible (and a bunch of my hydra's were corals too). My Hydro was an Island in the other game.

lizardlickfan
09-12-12, 08:59 PM
Is that hydro or hydra? I have a hydra but no hydro

Its Hydro. I did Hydro X Merl got 18 hours and Hydro X Chanu and got 22 hours

dapplefur
09-12-12, 10:44 PM
my parakeet Drood and athletic Flambi are a good pair. i've gotten the landworm, serpent and atlantis from them so far.

Horntail21
09-13-12, 04:54 AM
Well hydra is working for me!! Finally got a Fairy!! Now I bred it with my freshly evolved fruitful cruise and I got an 18 hour breed time! So a trickster or familiar is on the way. I don't have either.

AkumaNeko
09-13-12, 06:46 AM
Got an island hydra and a mist hydro. Going to use the hydro to try to get a freaking fairy :/

jstrait78
09-13-12, 10:34 AM
Guess it's time for my input. I was one of the lucky ones and got my diamond pretty early. I don't remember the names just that it was a Mist and a Wild. The other day I got another magic trying for the Aether. His name just happens to be Cepha, level 6. I tried breeding him with a level 10 Fairy named Nakata, pretty rate name, it didn't work, got a fruitful. I have another level 10 Fairy named Breeze that I just tried with the magic and voile, I know have an Infinity breeding on the second try with a Fairy and Magic. So Breeze and Cepha worked for that one. Now all I need is a Gold dragon and the mermaid one when I get the update.

jstrait78
09-13-12, 10:35 AM
*rare*

badger8
09-13-12, 11:07 AM
Not sure if it's the name or the dragon, but my Fairy (Glide) in various combinations has given me:
Mindvolt, 2 Forestfires, Athletic, Scorpion, 3 Seabreezes, and a Landworm.
I've noticed others have luck with Fairy regardless of the name. May be that Fairies are lucky?
Just a thought...

badger8
09-13-12, 11:13 AM
Not sure if it's the name or the dragon, but my Fairy (Glide) in various combinations has given me:
Mindvolt, 2 Forestfires, Athletic, Scorpion, 3 Seabreezes, and a Landworm.
I've noticed others have luck with Fairy regardless of the name. May be that Fairies are lucky?
Just a thought...

And just now from Fairy + Wizard, I have and 18 hour, which will be Trickster or Familiar.
My poor Fairy must feel like she's in a puppy mill!

sweetstuff525
09-13-12, 11:20 AM
And just now from Fairy + Wizard, I have and 18 hour, which will be Trickster or Familiar.
My poor Fairy must feel like she's in a puppy mill!

That's how my fairy feels.... It got me Atlantis, another familiar, parakeet, and mismoth

Horntail21
09-14-12, 05:34 PM
On my fourth try breeding with the lucky names and I am 4 for 4 on rare dragons!! Using a fruitful named cruise and a coral named hydra I got a fairy, two tricksters, and now I am breeding either a serpent or aether dragon!!

emilybibi
09-14-12, 06:55 PM
Magic(named Dali) x Water(named Trident) = Aether x 2 (named Cylo and Hydra)

sukierd
09-15-12, 08:45 AM
Just got an infinity with Breeze Fairy and Pojo Wizard. I got my 2 diamonds from my blaze firestorm and Dive Serpent. Dive has been a great one for rares and super rares for me.

MazShaddix
09-15-12, 09:39 AM
I've just started to breed a level 10 fairy (Jupiter) and level 7 wizard (hydra) and got 10 hour breed time, no clue what that could be like

Horntail21
09-15-12, 09:56 AM
That's a fruitful or coral. Check out the dragon breeding lists thread at the top gives you all the breeding
Times

cinderparadise
09-15-12, 01:34 PM
I have a question: so it seems that some versions of DS have the ability to change the name of your dragon at will; wouldn't that totally screw up this theory?? Unless you're going with the thought that just having a certain name, even if forced (via manually changing it) would bestow the lucky "charm" onto each dragon?? Not trying to be a smart or buzz ****; just wondering??

jstrait78
09-15-12, 01:58 PM
Just got an infinity with Breeze Fairy and Pojo Wizard. I got my 2 diamonds from my blaze firestorm and Dive Serpent. Dive has been a great one for rares and super rares for me.

I think the Mist that I used to get a diamond a couple months back was named Dive too. A bred it with a Wild

auroracon
09-15-12, 04:15 PM
I just got an INFINITY dragon!! WOO! With my Epic Fairy (Twist) and Lvl 9 Wizard (Anansi)!!! I must have bred this pairing 50 times (yes I buy gold) and it is by far my luckiest pairing ever. I've gotten 3 serpents, a parakeet, a seabreeze, another wizard, 3 atlantis and a mindvolt from it.

And now an Infinity!!!

I don't know if my lucky names are lucky or whatnot, but Anansi is the most common name I've been getting in this game. I've probably gotten dragons at least 30 times with that name... Twist is pretty popular too but not one of my most popular.

cinderparadise
09-15-12, 06:43 PM
What other thread? Can't find that one...

smile4katie
09-17-12, 01:51 AM
Got a Serpent from 7 genie "breeze" and 9 Atlantis "cepha"
Breeze seems to be a lucky name all the way around.

The other thread is titled "my theory on cracking the code"

MazShaddix
09-17-12, 09:28 AM
I think the Mist that I used to get a diamond a couple months back was named Dive too. A bred it with a Wild

What was your wild called?? Coz I too have a mist called dive, just if I have a wild with same name maybe it might produce a diamond for me lol - my wild is called Claw

smile4katie
09-18-12, 06:14 AM
Ok so fairy and wizard is overall a great combo! I put them together for the first time and got a parakeet then the second time and the MERMAID!!?
Fairy 9 "nepha" and wizard 10 "pojo" in that order

Horntail21
09-18-12, 08:54 AM
I have no luck when it comes to getting magic hybrids. I don't have any other than the commons. ****ing me.

Horntail21
09-19-12, 04:06 AM
I have no luck when it comes to getting magic hybrids. I don't have any other than the commons. ****ing me.

Hold the phone just got a mistmoth!! Unless it's somehow a water. Bred a coral "indigo" with magic "Chanu"

shalla666
09-19-12, 11:25 AM
Mistmoth - Epic - Cruise and Coral - Epic - Hydra = Aether! 2nd round looks like a coral, but going to keep going because I WANT a Wizard doggone it ;>

shalla666
09-20-12, 04:47 AM
3rd round is a Coral

shalla666
09-20-12, 07:29 AM
4th round has 22 hours so I think I *FINALLY* got my Wizard. I have a different theory about the breeding match-ups, but going to have to try it with "non-lucky" names before I see if it's legit. If it looks like I get better results, I'll post a new thread next week :)

Horntail21
09-20-12, 10:45 AM
3 rare/super rares in a row using either Cruise or Indigo! Fairy, my first Aether, and my first Titan!

JessyKaulitz
09-20-12, 06:43 PM
I have got 3 Seabreeze and 1 Parakeet with my air dragon Shu :)

jl0408
09-21-12, 09:17 PM
What names and levels of air and forest dragons did you guys use to get a fairy? I have a lvl 8 air named Cloud and level 7 forest named Cepha breeding something like my 10th fruitful. How I'm so sick of you fruitfuls.

smile4katie
09-22-12, 05:36 AM
What names and levels of air and forest dragons did you guys use to get a fairy? I have a lvl 8 air named Cloud and level 7 forest named Cepha breeding something like my 10th fruitful. How I'm so sick of you fruitfuls.

It's been awhile but mine should have been cloud air and pan forest.

Horntail21
09-22-12, 07:39 AM
I got mine from breeding a fruitful (cruise) with a coral (indigo). Not your usual combo but it worked.

jl0408
09-22-12, 01:47 PM
Thanks smile4katie and Horntail21. I'll give those combos a try next.

moonlightknight
09-22-12, 02:01 PM
Do any of you realize that you can change the names, of all the dragons, in the new version?

jl0408
09-22-12, 03:50 PM
Do any of you realize that you can change the names, of all the dragons, in the new version?

You can change the names android. We didn't get the new version. And as I understand, we probably won't get it at all.

tonguelashing
09-22-12, 04:19 PM
You can change the names android. We didn't get the new version. And as I understand, we probably won't get it at all.

Well if that's the case, the android users are going to leave the game and never play it. They'll black list that puppy so fast it'll make TL's head spin!

But maybe that's what TL wants, no android users :-(

PS: iOS users can change the name on the New Dawn expansion.

jl0408
09-22-12, 06:08 PM
Well if that's the case, the android users are going to leave the game and never play it. They'll black list that puppy so fast it'll make TL's head spin!

But maybe that's what TL wants, no android users :-(

PS: iOS users can change the name on the New Dawn expansion.

I just started playing DS a couple of weeks ago. I play other TL games & know iOS gets more games that android doesn't. They also get more features in some games available on both platforms. TL quit updating Ciry Story & made City Story Metro for iOS only. iOS got Olympics goals & android didn't. TL won't comment on when/if android will get the New Dawn update which is just like the Olympics goals issue. I'm just speculating from my experience w/ other TL games & the vibe on here. I wouldn't be surprised if android never got the update. Anyway sorry to derail the subject. Back to lucky names for our dragons.