PDA

View Full Version : Prices for clearing foliage/expansions

Pages : [1] 2

CocaKura
08-24-12, 11:34 AM
Hello, I have a question! You know how you can clear out trees and mushrooms and things like that? For some reason the ones in my game seem to cost 10x the normal cost... Everywhere I've looked says they should cost like...25 - 5000 to clear but things that should be 1,500 cost me 15,000 to clear. I think it's been like this since yesterday (though I've only been playing for a few days so I'm unsure...)

http://i.imgur.com/LKF5U.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZZ6sk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/v6s1w.jpg

In my brother's game they are all regular amounts like 500, 1000, or 1500. It seems like only in my game it costs more... Does the price increase as you expand or are certain sections of the island more expensive to clear?

I'm so confused, but this is eating all my gold really quickly! Any help would be appreciated!

CocaKura
08-24-12, 11:43 AM
Oh, I just realized that maybe this should be in the bugs and feedback forum? ;; Sorry I put it in the wrong place...

Darkstorm2
08-24-12, 02:08 PM
That is not cool if that's not a bug

greygull
08-24-12, 03:09 PM
Oh, I just realized that maybe this should be in the bugs and feedback forum? ;; Sorry I put it in the wrong place...

Moved :)

I would suggest emailing support@teamlava.com Give them your ID and what's happening.

CocaKura
08-24-12, 03:50 PM
Moved :)

I would suggest emailing support@teamlava.com Give them your ID and what's happening.
Thanks so much for moving this thread to the right area! And thanks for the advice, just emailed them!

CocaKura
08-25-12, 03:36 PM
Ugh I hope they'll be able to fix this because I just don't have enough money to expand with these prices. :(

Alsamaraie
08-26-12, 11:16 AM
Hello,
I am writing here concerning a matter that I believe is very disturbing.
The fact is that I have 24 weed wood to cleanse in my entire island which costs 50k each. And on the other hand my friend got only 11 in his whole island when he created his island. So how can there be such a diffrense. It's already expensive to expand but how can I raise money for to cleanse so much weed wood.. The number of weed wood and obstacles to cleanse should not differ between player or else it's really really unfair Nd tiring. 24 weed wood compared to 11 do the math your self and tell me how you feel

Zamoraksblood
08-26-12, 11:22 AM
There is something that makes everything cost 10x as much for newer players right now
For most ppl It only costs 5000 for a weed wood

CocaKura
08-26-12, 12:14 PM
That's the problem I'm having right now!! It costs like 10x what it should. D8 My brother and my iPad version of the game all cost much less to clear than my phone's game!

hoopersonic
08-26-12, 03:00 PM
I am having same issue I emailed and put up a thread I'd is hoopersonic if you get any help let me know please

foxxiegirl
08-26-12, 03:47 PM
Hello,
I am writing here concerning a matter that I believe is very disturbing.
The fact is that I have 24 weed wood to cleanse in my entire island which costs 50k each. And on the other hand my friend got only 11 in his whole island when he created his island. So how can there be such a diffrense. It's already expensive to expand but how can I raise money for to cleanse so much weed wood.. The number of weed wood and obstacles to cleanse should not differ between player or else it's really really unfair Nd tiring. 24 weed wood compared to 11 do the math your self and tell me how you feel
I have an idea about this. Can you tell me at what lvl's you have to evolve your dragons?

Darkstorm2
08-26-12, 05:01 PM
Interesting.

azychan
08-27-12, 03:16 AM
I expanded my island and i got a rock that cost 100k coins :(
I'm so sad. I dont have enough coins for dragon habitats :(

hoopersonic
08-27-12, 07:30 AM
It's an issue with the game eight now I have same problem the costs to clear on expansions are 10x what they should be I am having same problem and am waiting for a solution

hoopersonic
08-27-12, 07:50 PM
Just recievwd an email that says they cannot do anything about changed prices

kiwilibby
08-28-12, 04:02 AM
What does that mean because it is like that for me too? Does that mean that all expansions in all the new games/everyone's games are 10x as much or is it a glitch in just a few people's games?

hoopersonic
08-28-12, 06:28 AM
I don't know my email has been acting up so I have to get to my computer to email them back and wait for an answer I think it basically means we are screwed and I am done playing the game

rikapup
08-28-12, 03:41 PM
It's doing the same for me too. I've emailed them twice and haven't gotten a reply. Please let me know if there are any fixes. This is getting annoying. I love this game and I'd hate to just have to quit... :/

farmerbrown2010
08-29-12, 05:08 AM
I had to spend $100,000 to get rid of a bitter bark tree, my next expansion will cost $550,000. So my thinking is that as the expansion costs go up each time the clearing costs are also going to keep going up. It would be nice if I was wrong about that!

hoopersonic
08-29-12, 06:51 AM
I could see prices going up as u level get more dragons make more money but on first expansion is a little much when u have habitats making 250 coin to get 10k is alot

kiwilibby
08-29-12, 01:58 PM
I sent an email too and they said they replied saying they forwarded to the engineering team but that I may not get an individual response. So let's hope they fix it. Until then I'm just biding my time =/

CocaKura
08-29-12, 03:30 PM
My bitter back tree will cost me 250,000 to clear so. :/

rikapup
08-29-12, 03:39 PM
That's the same email they sent me. But what gets me is that if it's an update, why isn't everyone OR AT LEAST the majority of people playing this game experiencing this "update"?

CocaKura
08-29-12, 04:03 PM
I have no idea. In my house alone there are...four people playing this game, and ONLY my game has been hit with this massively increased price. There were...two trees that let me clear them for the regular price and I thought it was fixed but no luck. :( All the other trees/debris was still 10x and any new ones were also 10x normal price.

Alsamaraie
08-31-12, 11:32 AM
I have an idea about this. Can you tell me at what lvl's you have to evolve your dragons?

I have to evolve them at lvl 3 to become 4 but even if it's because i am ? new player, shouldnt it be the same for all?

foxxiegirl
08-31-12, 11:41 AM
I have to evolve them at lvl 3 to become 4 but even if it's because i am ? new player, shouldnt it be the same for all?

Actually a TL rep said that it was ment to be different for some players because we all thought it was a glitch at one point. Most of us have to evolve at lvl 6 to become lvl 7 and then 9 to become 10 so you newer players have 3 compared to our 2 :( . Players that are new seem to have the new evolve times so i'm thinking maybe you all got higher prices on your expansions and clearing prices as well.

CocaKura
08-31-12, 12:34 PM
Players that are new seem to have the new evolve times so i'm thinking maybe you all got higher prices on your expansions and clearing prices as well.

I thought that might be the case but my brothers and I started out games at the same time and neither of them are getting the same price issue that I am. :(

CocaKura
08-31-12, 12:35 PM
I just got a new bitter bark tree that will cost 800,000 to clear. :( I have another one that is the exact same type of tree that will cost 250,000. :( :( :(

jrocket97
08-31-12, 04:05 PM
as usual, team lava jacks up prices to sucker more people into buying gold.

LUCASYAU
09-01-12, 01:46 AM
Dragon Story is turning more and more into King of the " Wait 6 Months to get a bunch of pixels or Pay 5 dollars" genre. :/

Just replace the 6 months with 6 years and the 5 dollars with 500 dollars and you get Dragon Story in a nutshell.

SysGhost
09-01-12, 05:06 PM
It seems these are the current prices we have to live with. It's not a bug. It's by game design (recently updated)

kiwilibby
09-03-12, 02:24 AM
It seems these are the current prices we have to live with. It's not a bug. It's by game design (recently updated)

Where are you getting that the prices have increased to x10 their what I believe is original price? I recall reading x5 I think but not x10, and not all the clearing is x10 the price or else I could believe that it wasn't a bug. Some of my trees were 1k and others of the same variety were 10k, or 5k to 50k etc.

If this is just an update, why don't they tell us instead of telling us that they sent it to the engineering team or whatever they said. I don't like being left in the dark and wondering....

CocaKura
09-03-12, 02:01 PM
If it's game design it's not consistent across all games. My brother's game has normal clearing prices but his expansion prices are twice mine. I could accept that it's an update but it seems more like a glitch they're trying to pass off as an update. :(

Alsamaraie
09-03-12, 11:25 PM
Actually a TL rep said that it was ment to be different for some players because we all thought it was a glitch at one point. Most of us have to evolve at lvl 6 to become lvl 7 and then 9 to become 10 so you newer players have 3 compared to our 2 :( . Players that are new seem to have the new evolve times so i'm thinking maybe you all got higher prices on your expansions and clearing prices as well.

For some players? I mean the whole threads meaning is that it"s unfair since it's not affecting everyone so what's the meaning of this. Seriously makes no sense, even tho his brothers started the same time they are not havin the same issue. I would love for a comment about this from the staff...

weemulgrew
09-04-12, 10:06 AM
I have started a new dragon story from scratch. I also have two other games playing at moment.

But this time, when I expand and try to clear the debris it is costing 10 times the normal amount.

For example, to clear a small bitter bark costs 10,000 coins. And a fung stone costs 75,000 coins

How do I fix this?

foxxiegirl
09-04-12, 10:11 AM
A lot of the players with recently started games have increased prices and an additional evolve cycle. I know TL reps said the additional evolve was normal, and i believe they also said the prices being different was as well but not positive on that part.

Shylore
09-04-12, 10:14 AM
Try 45k to remove one set of debris, can't remember what it was called. And thats from original DL and the cost to expand it was only 30 or 35k. That's ridiculous!!

riitzc
09-04-12, 03:50 PM
A couple people are reporting this problem.

All of my prices are still the same *knock on wood*.

mattyboo1
09-04-12, 05:13 PM
All my prices are normal

kiwilibby
09-04-12, 06:31 PM
just started clearing because I have reached absolute max capacity, and it cost me 75k to clear the willow, tree and bush and this was my first expansion. My mushrooms are normal prices though, I think it was 50 and 25 or 100 or whatever. I am still holding out but this is ridiculous ><. I think people are going off their x5 or whatever increase as the update and saying our glitch is the update but they are just unaware of our glitch because they don't have it. So much for emailing them. -_-'

rikapup
09-04-12, 08:40 PM
The response I got when I asked them why is it that only select few people have this "update" while the majority have the original prices was the EXACT same email saying how it's an update... This needs to be fixed. >:U

hoopersonic
09-06-12, 06:45 AM
Where are you getting that the prices have increased to x10 their what I believe is original price? I recall reading x5 I think but not x10, and not all the clearing is x10 the price or else I could believe that it wasn't a bug. Some of my trees were 1k and others of the same variety were 10k, or 5k to 50k etc.

If this is just an update, why don't they tell us instead of telling us that they sent it to the engineering team or whatever they said. I don't like being left in the dark and wondering....

Ummm 5k changing to 50 is 10 x the price

kwangcocoa8
09-09-12, 10:03 PM
id:kwangcocoa8
mydevice:sony xperia s
game version:1.0.5.2

i got the very high cost from clearing obstacles x10 which same several people and hope you can fix it up.

09-10-12, 09:35 AM
im pretty sure that teamlava raised prices of things in the last update. i have bakery story, dragon story, and monster story and all of my prices for expansions and clearing things shot up a huge amount. i think they wanted to make gameplay take longer and make us want to spend more gold to complete things. i have restarted my device and i have uninstalled my games and reinstalled themso it isnt just a glitch. they truly did raise prices

Java_Phoenix
09-11-12, 09:09 PM
Is this right? $250000 to clear a bitter bark tree?? What kind of game does Daylight Robbery like this?! This has to be a joke right? If not then this is gonna be the highlight of the day for me.

bigbux3
09-11-12, 09:42 PM
No joke, unless you want it to be.
We can call down the Joke Fairies and POOF, make it happen fer ya.

Just think when you get up to 90,000 coins and only have about 93,000.

sea_
09-11-12, 11:38 PM
I spent forever trying to clear the 250k bitter bark tree... And after my expansion, I got another one. Only this time its costing me 800k :/ the expansions cost me 35k and 8 maps. It's really frustrating. I don't know if I'm even going to bother expanding any more. I guess I'm sticking with the same number of habitats.

sea_
09-11-12, 11:39 PM
Yes :( I just cleared my 250k bitter bark tree and got an 800k one on my next expansion...

wxrocky6
09-12-12, 06:59 PM
The bigger joke it that it takes 24 hours to clear.

azychan
09-12-12, 07:11 PM
It's no joke :( i spend 100k to clean... something rock (i can't remember exactly)

auroracon
09-12-12, 08:47 PM
what expansion are you guys on? Like, how many coins did the expansion cost, that resulted in a tree that cost 250,000 to clear? I'm getting worried now. I only just cleared the 150K and got my first bitter bark tree, but it was only 25,000 to clear.

libbyjoyous
09-12-12, 10:07 PM
If i have one complaint about this game so far... its the expantions... you have to pay x to open each section and x to clear each item... its just crazy.. i havent even finished my first section.. and opening the next is twice as much :(

CyndersTears
09-12-12, 10:13 PM
Hmm. Did you message TL about this? My bitter barks don't take too long or much coins to clear. And i'm on my second island expansion o-o'

sea_
09-12-12, 10:18 PM
It costs me 50k for the expansions right now. I think 8maps? I cleared two more expansions to see if I could finally fully clear it without it costing so much. I got a 200k wretched rock and another 250k bitter bark tree. Someone posted this in the bug section and I don't think there was an official response to it :/

sea_
09-12-12, 10:26 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/ormcdv.png http://i46.tinypic.com/2guweqh.png http://i48.tinypic.com/2iqz80w.png

I'm all about making my island pretty, but in order to do that, I need more room .__. I haven't even cleared off this whole island yet.

farmerbrown2010
09-13-12, 04:35 AM
I'm on Level 35 and my next expansion is 650,000 plus 32 mystic maps plus then I will have to pay to clear it.

snake073
09-13-12, 04:43 PM
Lol I wish that's all I had to pay. Don't worry it only gets worse. I'm currently 2.5 million, 72 maps and 3 days per square. But I have 24 mill in the bank. The more dragons and habitats you have the quicker your bank builds up.

09-13-12, 05:52 PM
This is my biggest complaint. Expansion prices went up along with all the rest with little or no notice. Every time I expand something has "changed". Now the maps I already had have disapeared. This happened last time as well but this time they are 0. This is inconsistant and no one knows from one hour to the next what to expect. Very irritating. Instead of the players trying to make a list of prices, TL should be posting on the game what the prices are. That way the players will know what to expect and there will be a lot less gripping and misunderstandings.

Please do not misunderstand everyone is having fun trying to figure out how to get what dragon, again the rules
for one are the rules for all. If it is the percentage for one, it is tthe percentage for all.

I am seeing a lot of what seems to be variations on prices, services, etc. This is a suggestion but may save all headaches.

FridayFreckled
09-14-12, 12:27 PM
What snake073 says above. I'm not quite at that level of expansion, but it oddly enough does get somewhat easier even though the prices go up.
I keep my habitats full (just bought three more to fill up now that we can have more than 25) and they earn pretty fast -- fast enough to expand every day or two if I want.

Yeah, it's kind of chaotic on there with so many dragons, but I'll probably pare down after another 5 or 6 expansions.

monnieszoo
09-16-12, 10:42 PM
I noticed on my android phone the cost is normal but on my daughters iPad it's like 50-75k how is that reasonable?

snmex11
09-19-12, 09:16 PM
Why did the cost of bitter bark tree and small bitter bark go up???? It was only $25000 now it's $800000!!! Why?? That's a crazy high jump in cost to remove!! :mad::confused:

bigbux3
09-19-12, 09:20 PM
Why did the cost of bitter bark tree and small bitter bark go up???? It was only $25000 now it's $800000!!! Why?? That's a crazy high jump in cost to remove!! :mad::confused:

TeamLava just wants us to work ridiculous hard to make our own happiness.
The economy may be bad, but why does the virtual currency in the games have to be as well?

snmex11
09-19-12, 09:29 PM
This is rediculous! It happened with in a matter of a cpl hours! I left the game and just came back to collect coins, expand and remove foliage and the crazy jump in cost happened I don't get it! It's bad enough that everything else is expensive and very time consuming but come on! I want to really enjoy this game but it's starting to get irritating lol it's supposed to fun :-P

jrodt333
09-20-12, 10:06 AM
Ok, so I've known how people have had to pay rediculous prices for clearing foliage, but I've never had that problem. Now, with the new update, expansion prices have gone down :), but the foliage clearing has gone way up (though not as much as people are complaining about) For example, a Small Bitter Bark costed like 1,000 to clear and now it cost 30,000. Is this a bug or was it intentional?

jrodt333
09-20-12, 10:09 AM
Fung stone went from 7,500 to 375,000.

mattyboo1
09-20-12, 04:27 PM
Fung stone went from 7,500 to 375,000.

That's a ripoff I know expansion went down but this is ridiculous pricing it's like monster story

09-20-12, 05:09 PM
I will have to quit clearing land. No way I can clear land at those prices and do anything else,like feed the dragons.

gravityperseus1325
09-21-12, 04:19 AM
See, I'm a level 22 dragon story player. After slogging away and earning thousands, I used to pay the clearing prices for clearing the island. My recent prices were something like 210000 silver. But today when I checked it, the price was 40000 only!!!!! Is this a glitch or a magnificient teamlava update?
Oh and btw, TEAMLAVA ROCKS!!!!! :D

mammami08
09-21-12, 04:30 AM
Have you checked the pricing for taking away what comes after clearing ;)

It's no glitch the pricing for clearing is down but the pricing for taking the Terese, busches and Stones away ar Way up!

mammami08
09-21-12, 04:34 AM
*trees not teres... My ipads autocorrect is just crazy

darkrandy
09-21-12, 04:48 AM
wait til you have to remove a Bitter Bark Tree...

kittycountess
09-21-12, 10:56 AM
A few days ago I noticed a drop in the expansion price and it made me real happy. Now that my expansion is done and I went to clear out two Bitter Bark trees and a Fung Stone I discovered that each tree now costs 30,000 to clear. All right I thought, you gain something, you lose something else. But then I checked the Fung Stone and HOLY FLYING DRAGON it costs 375,000 to clear!!! In no capacity is that all right. That's way too expensive just to get rid of a stone. What's Team Lava thinking? I'm holding off clearing that area in hopes this is a glitch and they'd fix it soon because with the introduction of the new Light Dragons and their exclusive habitats I have way too many things to buy to spend half of my cash on a piece of rock.

dragonolic
09-21-12, 11:21 AM
That's nothing- in Monster Story, they have Lava Pits that cost $9,000,000 - and I have TWO of them.

carijonas
09-21-12, 11:28 AM
I'd prefer it this way . The expansions were costing me 2.1 million .. Yea this is a good compromise considering expanding is part of the quests .. And I like leaving some trees and shrubs I think nice .

EmmaSurf
09-21-12, 01:52 PM
I'm a newer player and got caught in the crossfire. I paid the big bucks for expansion and before it finished I guess the rules changed. So now its costing a fortune to remove the trees. I can se why some might like the option to keep trees. However, I'd rather know the real cost of clearing land before I waste money. I just spent 50k to clear a teeny spot only to find it cost me 800k to remove just one tree. Then when the tree is gone I find more expensive junk (that was hidden by the tree) so I still have unusable space and empty pockets.

For those of you at higher levels, just remember how hard it was to earn coins at the beginning.

carijonas
09-21-12, 03:18 PM
I know it's frustrating but TL is constantly messing around with pricing and everybody gets screwed over by it at some point . This was probably the best update that effected pricing and food in a long time it may not seem fun now but eventually it works out better.

dragonamma51
09-21-12, 04:09 PM
My grandson play this game as well as me, so we are quite disappointed at the price of $800000 to remove a bitter bark tree. Just wondering if someone accidentally typed in a few too many zeros when upgrading game. I guess the game needs to last, but i guess you could always add more islands in an upgrade to extend the game??

mattyboo1
09-21-12, 04:15 PM
wait til you have to remove a Bitter Bark Tree...

How much
I just removed a 50000 thing now it is a hundred and fifty thousand

mattyboo1
09-21-12, 04:15 PM
That's the price of my expansion one clear costs the same as my expansion

mattyboo1
09-21-12, 04:17 PM
Did you know expansions cost less now

MazShaddix
09-21-12, 04:33 PM
So to clear this boulder it now costs 990,000,which is only 10,000 of being a million to clear this rock. I understand prices for expansion have lowered but really TL why make clearing it OTT prices??
Anyone else experiencing this with any of the foilage to clear??

cinderparadise
09-21-12, 04:38 PM
Yes!! All of a sudden, my tree is 800,000 to clear! I mean, REALLY? What an insult!

MazShaddix
09-21-12, 04:38 PM
The moldy boulder costs 990,000 to clear :/

MazShaddix
09-21-12, 04:40 PM
Tell me about it, takes forever to make that money up also

CyndersTears
09-21-12, 04:57 PM
Yeah. I had JUST gotten 500k to expand. And now it takes more then 500k to clear that tree.... GAWB I MISS THE EXPENSIVE EXPANSION!

mammami08
09-21-12, 05:05 PM
I'll happely (and maby it's the same for me haven't cleared anything yet due to the time it takes me to expand) but i have to play 13,5 mil to grow the Food thats needed for one, yes one, light dragon or lightdragonhybrid to get from lvl 1 to epic....

Thank you team lava, you just lost a goldbying custumer. I feel really sorry, two weeks ago i quit playing bakery and now probarbly dragon story as well. I'll give it the weekend to change ( big chans for that to happen, NOT) ...

MazShaddix
09-21-12, 05:34 PM
Yeah I think the food for the light dragon is a bit to much also

ApplePieVille
09-21-12, 06:01 PM
For what it cost to upgrade items and to clear the trees you would think we would get more from our dragons. And what bonus do we get when someone plays with our dragons? All I see is what I would normally get from them.

gravityperseus1325
09-21-12, 06:54 PM
Ha ha yeah clearing the shrubs are TOO expensive! It cost me like 15000 for a bitter bark!!

Zamoraksblood
09-21-12, 07:22 PM
My expansion droppe from 450k to 82.5k from old version to new dawn
Clearing prices went up tho

ApplePieVille
09-21-12, 08:14 PM
I have those prices also, I can not make money on this game, with that and the upgrades and things you have to buy.

CyndersTears
09-21-12, 08:45 PM
Yeah, however mine was just fine until i came home from school one day to find bitter barks were that expensive.. was pretty upset. Still is.

CyndersTears
09-21-12, 08:46 PM
They can't do ANYTHING?! they're in charge of the game! That gives me a reason to quit Dragon Story! >:U

riitzc
09-21-12, 09:00 PM
My expansions went from 1,100,000~ to 160,000.

Not sure about foliage yet.

bigsteve03
09-21-12, 09:40 PM
Lowering the cost of expansion doesn't really offset the clearing cost. Imagine you're a brand new player. Expansion prices go up the more plots you uncover, but the cost for clearing items stays the same no matter what. Don't you think that's a really unfair burden on new players now? It may take a day for a level 50 player to get 800k, but someone with just four habitats, that could take over a week.

dragonamma51
09-21-12, 11:09 PM
I agree bigsteve, it takes forever to get that kind of coin for the bitter barks, my grandson gets a little downhearted, I think maybe someone hit one to many zeros, but that still doesn't change the problem, I am new to all this, does anyone know if the designers change things after hearing people's opinions?

vanillaheaven
09-22-12, 01:59 AM
Okay, this is kind of strange. I have a large bitter bark tree that I have to clear, and yesterday the cost was 250,000. Then, this morning, I finally decided to clear it, and when I checked the price, I nearly had a heart attack. 800,000?!?!

Then, after a few minutes, the game froze for a few seconds (it does this quite often, I'm sure this is normal? I think it's reloading or something like that) and theeeen.... 250,000 again. Huh?

This went on for a few minutes, and now it seems to have settled on 250,000. Should I clear it now? The price is still kind of high, but I need the space. Has anyone else had prices change right in front of their eyes?

gfab2000
09-22-12, 02:25 AM
I cleared one on accident for 800000..lol...

tarabuck99
09-22-12, 05:54 AM
There is also the Moldy Boulder that takes 990k , everything is way to expensive now.

totaltechno
09-22-12, 06:10 AM
I agree bigsteve, it takes forever to get that kind of coin for the bitter barks, my grandson gets a little downhearted, I think maybe someone hit one to many zeros, but that still doesn't change the problem, I am new to all this, does anyone know if the designers change things after hearing people's opinions?

If the double price problem in BS is anything to go by, no they don't change things.

zentorgrym
09-22-12, 07:05 AM
You get a huge increase in XP gained for clearing them now too though. And once you have the boosts you can gain hundreds of millions of coins a day if you take the time to clear your habitats every 20 seconds.

Inesite
09-22-12, 08:42 AM
You get a huge increase in XP gained for clearing them now too though. And once you have the boosts you can gain hundreds of millions of coins a day if you take the time to clear your habitats every 20 seconds.

This is just another kick in the face for android users. We have all of the price increases with NONE of the money making features. Teamlava should just remove these games from the android market.

ritz131
09-22-12, 12:32 PM
It's still $800,000 for me :(

ritz131
09-22-12, 12:33 PM
Okay, this is kind of strange. I have a large bitter bark tree that I have to clear, and yesterday the cost was 250,000. Then, this morning, I finally decided to clear it, and when I checked the price, I nearly had a heart attack. 800,000?!?!

Then, after a few minutes, the game froze for a few seconds (it does this quite often, I'm sure this is normal? I think it's reloading or something like that) and theeeen.... 250,000 again. Huh?

This went on for a few minutes, and now it seems to have settled on 250,000. Should I clear it now? The price is still kind of high, but I need the space. Has anyone else had prices change right in front of their eyes?

Clear it before U too get the $800'000 price tag on your tree.

totaltechno
09-22-12, 02:58 PM
The prices are like that for me too. This Weed Wood will cost me 50k :/ I just started yesterday.

totaltechno
09-22-12, 03:10 PM
Just recievwd an email that says they cannot do anything about changed prices

Right.. they said that about the doubled BS prices.. yet they messed with them twice overnight

totaltechno
09-22-12, 04:49 PM
To clear 1 Small Bitter Bark, it costs 1000. To clear a different Small Bitter Bark, it costs 10,000.

totaltechno
09-22-12, 05:20 PM
So I should clear my Timberwood for 1500 before it jumps to 15000? I just started this game yesterday.

jrodt333
09-22-12, 09:30 PM
Can you show a screenshot? Then TL will do something about the messed up clearing prices. (Although they'll probably just raise them and try and distract us with a weekly update or something)

jrodt333
09-22-12, 09:33 PM
The bonus is +150 coins and +1 XP. Hardly anything.

azychan
09-23-12, 02:03 AM
I dont know why, 3 days ago i cleared a bitter bark tree with $ 25k. I expanded my island yesterday (expansion cost was lower since the update) and today i have another bitter bark tree that cost $ 800k!!?

Nefertekas
09-23-12, 02:08 AM
I also mistakenly paid 800,00€ for it -.- didn't count the zeros until I saw my money waddle away. Dangnabbit. Right now, because lf all the craziness and lack of stability of the prices and costs for NEARLY ANYTHING, I'd just like to pummel whoever's responsible in their big fat heads. :p

Uamele
09-23-12, 05:29 AM
My cousin is feeling the same way. These prices are getting ridiculous not to mention the same could be land expansion. ~.~;;;;;;

totaltechno
09-23-12, 05:54 AM
I'm getting this with Timberwoods as well.

I can't seem to take a screenshot while on the clear screen. I'm on iPod Touch.

thunglam
09-23-12, 06:52 AM
I'm just clear a timber wood n my money turn to 6000++ from 20000++ , isn't its price supposed be 1500 only ?

totaltechno
09-23-12, 07:01 AM
Same here. But I have differently priced obstacles, one Timberwood costs me 1500, another 15,000.

foxxiegirl
09-23-12, 07:12 AM
Small Bitter Barks are 30k :(

swanhenge
09-23-12, 07:32 AM
Just cleared a fung stone for $375k. These new foliage costs are a big steamy bag of fung.

coolgamegirl27
09-23-12, 09:11 AM
I dont think this is a glitch. TL have lowered expansion prices and increased the cost to clear debris. It makes total sense. They think that we'll get so excited over lower expansion costs we wont notice the increase to clear the area. TL giveth and TL taketh away. We think we are gaining and that TL have heard our pleas for lower expansion costs, then bamm they increase some other costs. Have you seen the cost of new food at the farms??? The new dragons use more food that the regular ones, so the new farms have larger crops but cost over 6 times as much.

Martin323
09-23-12, 10:30 AM
On the other hand expansion prices got lowered. I have paid for the last expansion 190 000 instead of 1 300 000 I would have paid before the update. Unfortunately the obstacle turned out to be a Moldy Boulder, which is 990 000 to clear. Lol
However I understand, that for new players are those high prices for clearing a rather disadvantage.

gravityperseus1325
09-23-12, 06:41 PM
Yea I remember back when I first joined...I floated around 40 bucks just for expansion...and yeah, speeding up expansion is sky-high charges.

worldofdreams
09-24-12, 06:24 AM
800000 for clearing a tree...��seriously..??who can afford that?.people are just going to give up..!!��

jl0408
09-24-12, 08:41 AM
Are you sure you read it correctly? I never saw a small bitter bark for 1,000, palmweed or something like that maybe. I did clear 4 @ 10,000 each last week and none of them counted toward the room to breathe goal. Then there was a manual update for android to "fix bugs" (we don't seem to be important enough to get the new game version like iOS). I did the update and it still didn't mark my clearings. Later I expanded and uncovered one that is 30,000 and one that is 10,000. I'm waiting to clear them until I can be sure they will count toward the goal. I'll use the coins for the super expensive habitat upgrades instead if it's not going to count. I still haven't gotten an answer as to if it's been fixed.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35950-Room-to-Breath-Goal
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35244-Clear-Small-Bitter-Bark-Goal-not-working&p=396659&viewfull=1#post396659

ilinger918
09-24-12, 09:52 AM

in order to get the boosts you have to first expand to the dawn tree, then you have to have 10 epci dragons of a color to get the boost for that color, for a new player, this will take ages since right from the first expansion, the clearing cost is already way high, how can i get 250k with only 6 large habitats and not many rare dragons

ilinger918
09-24-12, 10:06 AM
team lava really needs to listen to what the players want when they make updates. they just ignore all the problems we currently have, even the simple add a confirm button for spending gold. instead they boost the price for clearing way high, and i dont even have enough coins to buy a light dragon yet, let along feeding it to epic form. the new boost are a good thing, but as a new player with only 6 large habitats and not many epic rare dragons, i cant see the slightest hope of expanding to the dawn tree and get tthe required 10 epic dragons to get a boost.
team lava is really making the game less enjoyable and much less fun

trisarahtops2509
09-24-12, 10:56 AM
The boosts are good but i cannot see myself clearing every 10 minutes. I used to check in about 4-5 times in a day, and if i continue doing that, then i wont have enough money to feed my dragons. So basically, they're forcing me to check in on the game very few minutes or keep playing it for years.

DexterXIII
09-24-12, 12:03 PM
I'm a fairly new player, and I'm finding it difficult to enjoy the game now. Everything is far too expensive for a newer player. Perhaps they could incorporate a system where prices rise for clearing obstacles as you grow higher in level? But by the looks of things, they won't do that.

libbyjoyous
09-24-12, 12:04 PM
Yeah... kindle and android get the increased prices without the new dragons.

MazShaddix
09-24-12, 01:17 PM
Yeah it's unfair for new users, but I think that TL have done it so people buy gold to speed stuff up.
I don't have the money to spend making food for my dragons if I have to expand and clear stuff, it's slightly annoying tbh

spiralraindrop
09-24-12, 02:39 PM
A boulder when we're expanding to the dawn tree.

The day before yesterday, I was expanding my island to the dawn tree, when I came across "foliage". And I think a lot of you know already, the price of clearing that boulder. $990,000. I have enough money to clear it, but I won't be left with much. But what kind of price is that? Would I really want to spend so much money? Lower the prices please!
Post here what you think of this as well.

swanhenge
09-24-12, 02:40 PM
With these increased expansion/clearance costs, TL is going to chase off the average new player. How many times have you downloaded a new game just to give it a week or two? Once these new players realize how difficult and incredibly time consuming it is to save money to simply clear a tree, they'll uninstall.

When you mix that in with all the players who are leaving now, it seems like TL comes out short. I don't understand the reasoning behind the whole thing. I've immersed myself in dozens of social games at one time or another and this is the first time I've seen such alienation and so many questionable "updates." I think DS is one of the most fun games I've played, but I certainly don't appreciate having to conform to such a poorly thought-out update.

spiralraindrop
09-24-12, 02:41 PM
Totally unfair for new users, I agree.

But anyway, what a ridiculous price!

mammami08
09-24-12, 04:13 PM
This new prices Only first made sence to day when i finally got all My boost buildings, the habitats are making money like crazy. I think this must be some sort of bug? But a good one ;) i think i made close to a miljon in a couple of hours ( i went back every ten minuts to clear My habitats while watching TV).

With that Said it is totaly unfair to new players, like My doughter. There is NO WAY she could make the money with the ten habitats she's got. And it's no Way to proceed in the game cos clearing is so expensive, just getting the money for ? new habitat is hard. They should change the pricing to fit the level insted, that would make it mor fair and fun for everyone.

alley84
09-24-12, 04:22 PM
Yeh, that is crazy expensive. I guess that moldy boulder is staying where it is... Even when i was saving my money, I've never had that much.... :(

shahed12
09-25-12, 04:26 AM
MINE TOO. I got it 990k THATS hard to get

totaltechno
09-25-12, 05:54 AM
They seem to be cheap in the initial space, but x10 in expanded areas.

ArianeVL2
09-25-12, 08:24 AM
I'm level 26. I check in 4 times during the day and at least 6 times in the evening. I kan raise just enough money to grow the expensive food. I have expanded 3 times but kan not klear bitterbark for 800000 and a bouder for 990000. All the open space is occupied and all the habitats are full. What are they thinking! This way I will never be able go on playing.

telynau
09-25-12, 08:56 AM
Only been playing a few days now, so take this comment as that of a NooBee, please. Is it possible the ultra-expensive to remove plants/boulders don't really have to be removed, and this is TLs subtle way of telling us?

The lower level goals have been to remove the "mushrooms". That's what got me to pondering. I have removed a few small rocks and a couple of bitterwood trees just to fit habitat. Anything else is staying for now as expansions are (as pointed out) a tad spendy for new players.

(Telynau, who is saving for a large farm & plotting where to shoehorn it ��.)

miragez
09-25-12, 10:10 AM
Played since day 1. Lv 63 now. Whatever []TL dishes out, i just stick to my routine.

-Collect coins hourly,
-If i need to expand, i will start collecting from what i have. And expand never going below what i had before
-if i need to feed, i will start collecting what from i have. And feed never going below what i had before.

Basically if i have 10,000,000 coins now, expansion cost 1,700,000, i will collect 1,700,000 then expand. Same as apples. Is there a need to rush? It's meant to be casual thus the illogical sums.

MazShaddix
09-25-12, 12:53 PM
Yeah the boulder is staying for now same with the large bitter tree at 800,000 :/ TL need to think it through for all players, the boosts are made to make habitats give money quicker but the money doesn't last when clearing prices are stupidly high

jl0408
09-25-12, 08:52 PM
Don't bother with the expensive food. Just plant a bunch of impruberries or buffbeets. They break down to 5 and 6 coins per piece of food. The other ones are double or that per piece of food. If you're checking in that often it should be pretty easy to plant some each time. You should be able to plant lots that way and not have to wait hours and also save coins.

09-25-12, 10:04 PM
Yeah the boulder is staying for now same with the large bitter tree at 800,000 :/ TL need to think it through for all players, the boosts are made to make habitats give money quicker but the money doesn't last when clearing prices are stupidly high

May i point out to all that the newer players have little chance of getting a boost. AND android/kindle users have even less chance of getting boost mean while we are also being charged these rediculous prices.

AkumaNeko
09-26-12, 11:02 AM
My boulder is staying where it is. Too exp to remove it :/

revort
09-26-12, 11:26 AM
May i point out to all that the newer players have little chance of getting a boost. AND android/kindle users have even less chance of getting boost mean while we are also being charged these rediculous prices.
And now they have removed the boost bonus entirely.

MazShaddix
09-26-12, 04:23 PM
The boosts are now just taking up space, they only make the habitat hold more coins with ain't much more tbh

carrieanne1018
09-27-12, 12:24 PM
I thought the exact same thing crazy price

goughy999
09-27-12, 12:46 PM
Don't bother clearing it. I'm halfway around the dawn tree and so far all but 1 has been really expensive.

jrocket97
09-27-12, 02:35 PM
Expansions themselves used to cost me nigh on 2 mil, so this system's actually cheaper for me. But I could see where others would be annoyed. #teamlava'd

jpmombelle
09-27-12, 06:56 PM
Very expensive...I wish that I could make that in real life on my rocks and trees..

MazShaddix
09-27-12, 07:17 PM
I've posted a topic about this also and it shows that a few people ain't happy with and we all thinks its unfair for new players.

beatlebaby
09-28-12, 09:19 AM
I did the appoday download of this game cause it promised 120 free gold bars. I never got them. Not that it would do anygood. U can't buy anything with that small amount. I wish they'd lower prices all the way around. I'm ready to just delete it and move on

AkumaNeko
09-28-12, 09:22 AM
Expansions themselves used to cost me nigh on 2 mil, so this system's actually cheaper for me. But I could see where others would be annoyed. #teamlava'd

Yeah had paid the 2 mil expansions multiple times. Moldy boulder still stays tho

nasha_wynn
10-01-12, 06:29 AM
I know the prices were changed to clear things but why do I have one large bitterbark priced at 250000 and one priced at 900000? I'm on a kindle fire.

brandonu
10-01-12, 09:08 AM
Not sure what the historical costs were, but the cost of clearing debris in Dragon Story vs. Monster Story are not remotely comparable. I'd say more than half of my earned income goes to clearing debris. The part I don't understand is how as you clear more land, the cost for clearing the same type of debris increases.

Example
Small Bitter Bark was $10,000 and is now $30,000
Weed Wood was $50,000 and is now $150,000

These prices are outrageous, especially since the income on big lands is capped so low. You would literally have to play this game hourly to earn and bank that kind of money.

mattyturz
10-01-12, 09:43 AM
Wow you're lucky....a bitter bark costs 800000 for me....watch out though TeamLava won't address the issue, just close the thread and redirect you elsewhere. So frusterating, worst customer service ever.

almondieeyez
10-01-12, 10:22 AM
I think the prices to clear debris goes up with the more advanced expansions. I had two small bitter bark next to each other with two different prices, $10K and $30K. Its crazy.

[S8] Elsa
10-01-12, 11:49 AM
Thank you for sharing your feedback on the changes to the prices of clearing foliage. Online games need updates and changes in order to continue growing and thriving. Sometimes, that means making adjustments to the economy to improve the long term function of the game. I look forward to hearing more feedback from you! Please be sure to keep it constructive so we can share quality feedback with the team. :)

mattyturz
10-01-12, 11:53 AM
First, I am very happy to actually see a mod reading and commenting on a post. Thank you. Second, your answer made little to no sense for me. It seems like many different users have different feeding costs, clearing costs, etc. Mine are 800000 for a tree and 900000 for a rock. Converted to real money, that's 10 USD a tree. How can you guys possibly justify that??!

nasha_wynn
10-01-12, 03:00 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how I have the two of the same exact tree for such drastically different prices. From 250000 to 900000? That's a huge jump even for the 'game economy'.

nasha_wynn
10-01-12, 03:03 PM
*800000 not 900000 whoops

[S8] Elsa
10-01-12, 03:07 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how I have the two of the same exact tree for such drastically different prices. From 250000 to 900000? That's a huge jump even for the 'game economy'.

Please take screenshots of the tree you're concerned about and I'll see if I can help clarify things for you. You can take a screenshot in the game through the Menu. There's an icon with a camera called Photos. If you need help posting them, send me a PM and I'll be happy to provide instructions.

mattyboo1
10-01-12, 03:38 PM
My things cost a lot too

mammami08
10-01-12, 04:28 PM
I think that when you have been playing DS for some time, gotten your max habitats and filled them whit different drags, both common, rare and super rares and if you are lucky maby a couple of ultra rares it isn't that hard to make money for the debrees, ok it's not the most fun part of the game but in the two days it takes to expand, and the two- three days it takes to get the maps you most certainly have made the 900 000 to clear that rock.

However it is not fair to the new players, even if the cost for clearing on the main island is not that high it still is way to high. It totaly puts a stop for every progress. You need to have as many habitats taht you can fit to make money, but you can't make room for more habitats cus you don't have the money to clear the busches and trees and rocks. You don't even have to have started expanding, it's hard just to get the money to clear the visibel trees taht are there when you start. A lot of my friends that i have recomended this game to have started to play but quite fast quit because of this. They can't do anything because of this catch 22.

I think it would be more fair and more fun for everybody if the clearing cost was quite low in the beginning and raised with your lvl going up so it's more expensive when your at a higher level.

lylahmae
10-01-12, 04:37 PM
I agree with mammi the prices should be adjusted to what level you are.

dragonamma51
10-01-12, 07:56 PM
Sorry but I don't agree with 800,00 to try and clear bitter bark trees, I and my grandson don't seem able to get much past $400,000 at any given time, love the game, love the social aspect, have even spent more real money on getting gold, but am getting disheartened with the huge prices to clear bitterbark and some of the stones, if keeping the game going longer is advantageous to TL (financially) why not add more islands and keep our interest going but some costs down please.

arronsmommy
10-02-12, 03:33 PM
First, I am very happy to actually see a mod reading and commenting on a post. Thank you. Second, your answer made little to no sense for me. It seems like many different users have different feeding costs, clearing costs, etc. Mine are 800000 for a tree and 900000 for a rock. Converted to real money, that's 10 USD a tree. How can you guys possibly justify that??!

I totally agree with you. The answer made absolutely no sense to me either.. it was just a generic response to basically shut people up about the subject, which you will find a lot on here...

dragonamma51
10-02-12, 08:31 PM
Okay this is now not funny, am totally peeved, have done several expansions, supported your income TL by purchasing gold, sped up the expansion using my gold, sped up the hatching of my dragons using gold, only to find on the last few expansions that there are bitter bark trees in every expansion i have done, which cost 800,00 to remove, cannot get the coin total up to remove said trees,
sorry am very disappointed in your rationale of costing attached to dragon story

Darkangel2wolf
10-03-12, 11:28 AM
Yes I just love playing to pay to clear out things just so I can have more dragons.. it's taking forever on my Kindle =/ We do have the new dragons though.. I just got bought the light one yesterday and it's habitat. Now to breed him!

rowayyah
10-05-12, 11:23 PM
There is also the Moldy Boulder that takes 990k , everything is way to expensive now.

Yes,Yes! And I m pretty sure that no one got it cleared, It took me forever to collect 250000 to expand, then I thought that if I expand once again I'll need 300,000 but no! It only costed 50,000 but when I tried to clear the weed, it costed 250,000!! Now I have a lot of weeds I can't clear because they are very costly, I don't know when they will listen to us.......

galactus69
10-06-12, 12:23 AM
It also depends on where you are clearing, some places are cheaper than others...

Yahpets
10-06-12, 12:52 AM
Even if the clearing cost has gone up its cheaper than paying 2 million just to expand!!!!!!!!! Dont u people get it ! Its cheaper !!!!

dragonamma51
10-06-12, 03:41 AM
Yes us people do get it, but some of us people have kids that play, and at times they get frustrated as they don't earn big coin straight up and I like my grandson, still find $800,000 to clear bitter barks quite frustrating, as I expanded 4 times in a row and each expansion yielded bitter barks, so us people do get it.

SybreTiger
10-08-12, 06:12 PM
I have Dragon Story on my iPad, and I just started a new game on my Droid phone. The FIRST expansion I cleared, has Weed Wood costing 50,000, Small Bitter Bark for 10,000, and Timberwood for 15,000. The second spot I cleared and a Weed Wood for 150,000! And two Small Bitter Barks for 30,000. That's a 10x markup for the first space, and 30x for the second! What is this? It makes me want to quit the Dragon Story on my droid, cause there's no way I can afford that at level 5.

sweettooth6
10-08-12, 06:15 PM
Maybe that's where my money disappeared? I've been clearing trees when I have an extra bit to spend only to lose 10,000 at a time!

I'm on Droid X

sweettooth6
10-08-12, 06:37 PM
Ok, yes, that's exactly what happened to my money. The tree which cost me only $1500 to clear on the right side of my screen costs $15,000 on the left side of the screen. I advise other players to look VERY carefully at the cost of some of these trees -- even if they're the exact same thing you cleared earlier for $1000-$1500.

I've lost all my money twice just clearing two trees. :(

Gypsum77
10-09-12, 09:53 AM
They cost to clear the weeds is way to high it is taking me a week so far to save the money to clear the land i expanded to. and i still have 8 item that need to be cleared due to having to save funds to clear the land i have stopped growing food to evolve my dragons just so i can get the money faster i also play Monster Story and and a much higher level and have cleared a lot more land on that one and the prices are way more reasonable than this one and the prices don't increase as you clear either they have been the same price from the start and i like that i want to enjoy this one like i do monster story but if you guys don't lower the cost of clearing the stupid weeds then i may just have to stop playing Dragon Story it is ridiculous what make this game more special that it takes 150,000 coins to clear a weed wood right out of he gate and what makes that weed wood more special than the 50,000 weed wood tree right next to it or the 30,000 small bitter bark sitting next to a 10,000 small bitter bark you clearing cost make no sense at all. Fix this and fix it soon

Cyclohexane
10-09-12, 11:42 AM
I just started playing this game recently (lvl 12 now) and did not know this was a bug. It did seem expensive but I thought it was just how the game was. So any hopes of this getting fixed? I will just stop expanding for the mean time.

I also noticed the game guide said you get 40 starting gold, I only started with 20.

I use an Android

faithsteps
10-09-12, 08:57 PM
I'm new to this game and was really hopeful to find a game that was fun to play. But after playing for three days and getting nowhere, due to high prices just to clear land, I'm uninstalling this app! It's not fun, it's very time consuming and now boring....

sweettooth6
10-14-12, 11:03 AM
I no longer think this is a bug. I think they want us to spend that much to clear debris and expand.

Nefertekas
10-14-12, 11:11 AM
The clearing prices increased ridiculously after the New Dawn stuff came out. The cost of the expansion itself has somewhat diminished, but for lower levels the debris is a total nightmar. I spent about a week refusing to clear the bitterbark for 800,000 but...then I gave up.

bawpotter
10-14-12, 11:40 AM
Yeah, the debris prices are crazy. I just had to spend 250k for a Bitter Bark!

totaltechno
10-14-12, 11:51 AM
Don't make the same mistake as me and expand to the Dawn Tree at lv 25. Moldy Boulder takes up most of the expansion, 990k.

Lolas_Kryptonite
10-14-12, 11:54 AM
Don't make the same mistake as me and expand to the Dawn Tree at lv 25. Moldy Boulder takes up most of the expansion, 990k.

Yeah that Moldy Boulder is gonna sit there, as well as the Bitter Bark tree.

LilOldLady
10-14-12, 01:22 PM
Oh my, these costs are in the iPad New Dawn version, too. I'm only doing expansions and letting the trees & boulders stay for now, fitting habitats in where possible by removing MushMounds & other less costly things.

The Dawn Tree challenge says "Expand" not "clear out everything" so that's what I decided to do :) Hopefully this will give me enough time to get to the Dawn tree, get 10 Epic green/hydred dragons and get the Forrest Habitat Boost.

dotranwumpas
10-14-12, 01:56 PM
Not a glitch

LilOldLady
10-14-12, 02:16 PM
Not a glitch

Figured it was actually part of the game. Makes sense in some respects; forces us to make decisions on what is better for our game progression.

spiralraindrop
10-14-12, 06:27 PM
The fung stone or whatever it's called costs, what, 375k? I remember it being 7.5k.

rusticjess
10-14-12, 06:30 PM
unfortunately it is no glitch. I have two large bitter barks that cost 800,000 a piece to remove. I have never even had 800,000 coins at any point in the game yet. then there is a stone for 300 something thousand to remove. its absolutely ridiculous

zerbe6982
10-16-12, 05:19 AM
I am in the process of clearing a bitter bark tree for $250K. While I thought that was expensive, could someone please explain why I just uncovered another bitter bark tree through expansion and this one costs $800K!

There is no way I am spending over 3 quarters of a million dollars for one stupid tree!

For that matter, I wouldn't want to pay half a million when I am already paying 1 quarter of a million dollars!

I don't understand why my trees cost different amounts.

Thanks!

Lolas_Kryptonite
10-16-12, 01:22 PM
Yeah theres one of those in the lower island.... I'm not clearing it anytime sooner. Also a moldy boulder right next to it for 990000

That too can stay there for that price!

Takiofallen
10-16-12, 01:26 PM
the price depends on location

Lolas_Kryptonite
10-16-12, 01:29 PM
the price depends on location

Funny you say that as everywhere I've expanded to so far with the exceptions of the main island.... it's 800+ to clear

Are the islands on the right cheaper to clear?

totaltechno
10-16-12, 01:39 PM
The further you expand, the more expensive they are.

hyper_ch
10-16-12, 02:14 PM
and I complain about 250k.... not really looking forward for those higher prices....

Takiofallen
10-16-12, 04:03 PM
it was for me but there has been so many price changes........
Funny you say that as everywhere I've expanded to so far with the exceptions of the main island.... it's 800+ to clear

Are the islands on the right cheaper to clear?

kwhales
10-16-12, 05:39 PM
I got to the 800k tree today. Yay. It's going to stay awhile too. When I started this game, I thought 75k was alot to spend on ****ing a weed. Little did I know. As soon as I saw my "clearing" was done, I tried to move a den in that space. I thought I could eleviate the weeds if I moved fast. But it doesn't let you. Next thing I knew a weed tree was there.

Now I need 1,450,000 in coins to clear my weeds, while I'm buying food and dens, and breeding. All of which costs coins.

tr8on
10-17-12, 05:49 AM
Yea my top island cost 800k per Bitter Bark to clear. :/

makafushigi
10-17-12, 03:16 PM
Currently on the main island I have a 300k bitter bark tree, weed wood that used to be 50k but somehow became 150k, a wretch rock that is 800k. On the island in front I have a fung stone that is 350k, bitter bark tree that is 800k, and weed wood that is 300k. so we can't get more money unless we get more dragons. we can't get more dragons unless we have habitats for them (really magic garden.. 1 per habitat?!?!?) and we can't get habitats without expanding. What a viscious cycle DS has turned out to be. I sold most of my duplicate dragons except the 2 I thought we cutest haha. But where does that green lady expect me to put 2 big magical gardens when I can barely fund clearing the space out?

dorumon210
10-23-12, 02:52 PM
On my island I have two bitterbark trees. One of them costs 250000 coins to clear while the one I uncovered today takes 800000 coins to clear. Is this a bug or are there really different prices for the same foliage?

mattyboo1
10-23-12, 02:55 PM
On my island I have two bitterbark trees. One of them costs 250000 coins to clear while the one I uncovered today takes 800000 coins to clear. Is this a bug or are there really different prices for the same foliage?

Mine always cost 800 thousand to clear

jrodt333
10-23-12, 10:15 PM
The foliage on the first island cost less to clear then the ones on other islands, but give out less xp.

dragonjuleskeeper
10-24-12, 07:46 AM
How is it fair that when i have paid either 2000, 4000, 6000 or 8000 coins depending on level for expanding to an area that there are other trees and shrubs there after i have expanded some of which are asking for 15000 coins to be removed?????????????????? its impossible to use this space while they are there and seems unfair and a bit of a con

OrdinaryJoe
10-24-12, 07:49 AM
I just paid to expand, and got a big tree that costs 250,000 to remove!

I first thought it said 25,000, and when I tried to clear it, it said I didn't have enough money. Sure enough, it's 250,000 -- not 25,000. One tree!

Crazy, huh?

dragonjuleskeeper
10-24-12, 07:50 AM
it just seems a bit misleading - you save the coins to expand area so you assume you will get to expand but really all that happens is they move some trees to make way for more expensive trees that need to be moved.

sweetstuff525
10-24-12, 07:50 AM
Not crazy ... But atleast expansions are cheaper since before I used to have to expand for 2 million plus the cost of trees

dragonjuleskeeper
10-24-12, 07:53 AM
but you are not expanding, the area is still unusable

nmishii
10-24-12, 07:55 AM
How is it fair that when i have paid either 2000, 4000, 6000 or 8000 coins depending on level for expanding to an area that there are other trees and shrubs there after i have expanded some of which are asking for 15000 coins to be removed?????????????????? its impossible to use this space while they are there and seems unfair and a bit of a con

Stay away from the bottom left. There's a 250000 tree next to a 30000 tree next to a 150000 weed wood. And in other places on the main island there are a couple of 75000 rocks and 3-4 50000 trees.

OrdinaryJoe
10-24-12, 07:58 AM
Can you expand in another level or area anytime, or do you have to complete all expansions in the original area first?

By original area, I mean the area that we start in...

dragonjuleskeeper
10-24-12, 07:59 AM
how do i get a response from admin?

LadybugLucky
10-24-12, 08:02 AM

I first thought it said 25,000, and when I tried to clear it, it said I didn't have enough money. Sure enough, it's 250,000 -- not 25,000. One tree!

Crazy, huh?

I have one clump of black rock that costs 990,000 to clear. This is aggravating. I also have issues with the cost of feeding the Light dragons to epic.

dragonjuleskeeper
10-24-12, 08:04 AM
i get they can set prices to what they like, but what i dont get is if you are paying to EXPAND you expect to get what you have paid for, expanded land, not a load more trees, like i say its misleading

summersalt
10-24-12, 08:06 AM
Wait until u try to expand the top or far right top. You will find trees that are 800,000 to remove. Lol. Check my land and you will see where the big trees are for now and avoid those areas. Eventually i will clear them. When i have 800K i dont need. :)

dragonjuleskeeper
10-24-12, 08:08 AM
how do you get that many coins though! i know im new but everything takes so long on this game

bdocc
10-24-12, 08:28 AM
Even tough it's expensive I win money really fast so it's not too much of a problem to me.

goughy999
10-24-12, 09:35 AM
Check out my low levelled account. Storm 8 I'd: goughy9999
I have been expanding but not clearing. Gonna try and do it all and post pics of prices for new starters.

summersalt
10-24-12, 10:12 AM
How will u make the money to expand? May take a while to get that much without expanding and using more habitats to get more money.

summersalt
10-24-12, 10:15 AM
how do you get that many coins though! i know im new but everything takes so long on this game

Visit other peoples lands... ALOT of other peoples islands. And play with their dragons so they play back. Thats where alot of the money comes from when your new. People who have played a while make tons of money off of the rare dragons and level 10 dragons.

goughy999
10-24-12, 10:33 AM
How will u make the money to expand? May take a while to get that much without expanding and using more habitats to get more money.

Just get a few eagles an honeybees and as long as you can log on often money should be fine.

revort
10-24-12, 10:35 AM
The problem with the current expanding prices is that they are stacked against the new players. For those of us above level 50 it is not preferable to have to pay ~1million to expand and clear but it is actually the same cost or cheaper than the previous pricing structure which (if I remember correctly) cost up to 2.4 million.

grondai
10-24-12, 10:41 AM
Yes now my expansions are maxed at 500,000. they used to be over 2 million. Kinda silly they just made if harder for new players to expand. to be honest they should make it harder for the higher levels. I make over 2mill in coins a day. You would think my expansions would cost 5mill. They should just make costs based on your level. The new updates never effect the high levels, just the new players

dragonolic
10-24-12, 01:03 PM
Expansions get more costly the farther from the starting area you go, which they do to slow the game progress. To answer your question, yes you have to clear the squares immediately surrounding the starting area before you can move to the other islands.

I believe the intent is to get players to focus on making neighbors and leveling their dragons before expanding. This may also be one reason for the lack of decoration items. Even at the higher levels, expansions now take 2 days and require 50+ maps, so it is still days before getting to expand.

The current price structure (change recently - Expansions went way down, but clearing items went way up) really isn't different for new players as when I started. I can remember being frustrated and saving up coins to make just that one square go away. As you level up and get higher earning dragons at higher levels and then more habitats, you will start to earn coins faster.

To give you a comparison to grondai, I am the same level (63, max) but I do not have any diamond dragons, and so I only make 500,000 coins a day (1/4 less). I also started later and have more to clear, so my expansions are 330,000 currently. Add to that food costs for leveling dragons to get the boost temples, and I am unable to pay for those 800,000 trees too. So the new updates do affect higher levels and not just new players.

kwhales
10-24-12, 02:57 PM
Can you expand in another level or area anytime, or do you have to complete all expansions in the original area first?

By original area, I mean the area that we start in...

Yes you can. I expanded down to the dawn tree before I finished clearing our original piece of land. I also expanded to the upper left land too. Once you get close to another island or cliff (don't know what you want to call them), when you click on expand, spaces on other areas will be available to expand to.

totaltechno
10-24-12, 03:56 PM
Where's the safest area to expand to after the main island? I tried expanding to the top island, but was met with 2 800k trees.

summersalt
10-24-12, 04:24 PM
Expansions get more costly the farther from the starting area you go, which they do to slow the game progress. To answer your question, yes you have to clear the squares immediately surrounding the starting area before you can move to the other islands.

I believe the intent is to get players to focus on making neighbors and leveling their dragons before expanding. This may also be one reason for the lack of decoration items. Even at the higher levels, expansions now take 2 days and require 50+ maps, so it is still days before getting to expand.

The current price structure (change recently - Expansions went way down, but clearing items went way up) really isn't different for new players as when I started. I can remember being frustrated and saving up coins to make just that one square go away. As you level up and get higher earning dragons at higher levels and then more habitats, you will start to earn coins faster.

To give you a comparison to grondai, I am the same level (63, max) but I do not have any diamond dragons, and so I only make 500,000 coins a day (1/4 less). I also started later and have more to clear, so my expansions are 330,000 currently. Add to that food costs for leveling dragons to get the boost temples, and I am unable to pay for those 800,000 trees too. So the new updates do affect higher levels and not just new players.

I think Grondai meant they affect everyone going forward, but the new players are affected because they have to pay more to clear the same land that the senor players cleared for less money. It is harder for new players to make money because they cant expand as quickly, and therefore cant have as many dragons. I think this is true. Especially true in other story games where android users, and other users didnt have the opportunity for goals in the past like the iphone users. As for players that use iphone and had the opportunity to expand prior to the updates that increased prices.. well theyre just the lucky ones. But all we can do is accept it and move on.

kwhales
10-24-12, 04:25 PM
Haven't found a 'safe' area. I was lucky that i avoided one of the 800K trees by moving a habitat quickly to an empty spot. the weed grew on top of my habitat, but has disappeared. THIS WAS A FLUKE> it wasn't suppose to happen. You usually can't move things to areas before weeds are cleared.

You just have to expand and pick and choose the weeds you can afford to ****. As another post said, keep visiting neighbors, but also community. the coins add up quickly if alot of people visit and play. just clear your habitats often, so visitors can keep playing.

totaltechno
10-24-12, 04:59 PM
Yeah, I should stop expanding for a while. I have 5 unused expansions.

summersalt
10-24-12, 05:27 PM
Totaltechno if u add me now u can see the safe areas. The really expensive trees (800K) i havent remove one yet. Im trying to remove one for 250 on the main island now. U can probably still see it for a few hours. Im frustrated too (with more then just expansion, i have over 360K and cant expand and cant buy anything because it wont let me get maps. Hang in there,

mattyboo1
10-24-12, 05:38 PM

Crazy, huh?
Try 990,000 for a rock

Cyclohexane
10-24-12, 07:01 PM
Why did the removal cost of a bitter bark jump from 250,000 to 800,000?

I could have swore that it was only 250,000 earlier. Do prices increase as you level up?

Is it better to stay the same level and chart all the territory first or just leave everything dark until you have many dragon income?

Or does it not make a difference?

How come I can send a team of fire dragons out there and burn the forest down?

cakeandpie
10-24-12, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I have the 990,000 boulder too! What a waste of an expansion! It's insane! (And a tip for those who want to avoid this boulder, it is just to the lower right of the top space on the dawn tree island (the first space you clear there).

bigbux3
10-24-12, 07:10 PM
I believe when you expand, you obtain XP as well. It wouldn't really matter. TeamLava, however has increased the prices dramatically of clearing foliage.

I love your sense of humor. But dragons are just here for show. It would be nice if TeamLava made certain dragons do certain jobs! :)

jrodt333
10-24-12, 08:46 PM
The first island's foliage costs less to clear then the other islands' foliage.

dragonolic
10-25-12, 09:24 AM
Honestly I'm just happy they didn't decide to go with the Monster Story prices. To clear the trees and rocks there are in the $Millions, and they have Lava Pits that cost $9 Million to clear.

OrdinaryJoe
10-25-12, 09:41 AM

Crazy, huh?

And I just encountered my second 250,000 tree! Another one that I'll have to leave uncleared, until later in my game when I'm rolling in dough!

I am not looking forward to those other more expensive trees and boulders...

Glace34
10-27-12, 08:26 AM
i don't know if this happened to anyone else but the prices for clearing have gone way up, the big trees especially cost almost all the money i have so i haven't been able to clear anything to make room for more habitats and dragons...

ButterPanda
10-27-12, 12:54 PM
Thank you for the feedback on the expansion/clearing prices. I will pass this on to our developers.

drulliator
10-28-12, 06:35 AM
Why did the small bitter bark costed
10000 in clearing and the other small bitter bark costed 1000

grondai
10-28-12, 06:44 AM

You dont make 100s of millions? I've maxed all my dragons and have the boosts and make 2.5mill a day. You probably make 1mill if that

kwhales
10-28-12, 06:51 AM
someone posted on another thread that we should feed the weeds to the dragons. This is a super idea. the ****ed weed should go to our food account.

that way, yes we spend oodles of coins to **** it, but we would get something back in return-food for our little ones.

Nefertekas
10-28-12, 08:31 AM
someone posted on another thread that we should feed the weeds to the dragons. This is a super idea. the ****ed weed should go to our food account.

that way, yes we spend oodles of coins to **** it, but we would get something back in return-food for our little ones.

They'll never go for that idea... But yeah, would be nice to get food instead of, say, experience. At max level, xp points aren't worth anything xD (I'm getting closer to max level by the day)

drulliator
10-31-12, 06:08 AM
I want to clear a small bitter bark but it costs 10000 and the other small bitter bark only cost 1000
what does this mean?

kooky panda
10-31-12, 07:15 AM
There are some current threads on this topic.

Here is one

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35992-Bitter-bark-amp-foliage-costs&p=438631&viewfull=1#post438631

gravityperseus1325
10-31-12, 06:41 PM
All of u guys r right. That food idea really seems awesome, kwhales. Has anyone tried PMing Kooky or one of the others? Am going to try it now.

kooky panda
10-31-12, 06:57 PM

It is a good suggestion, but I think this would not be a simple feature to include into the game, but I will pass this over to the community managers. You never know.:)

salinho
11-01-12, 04:18 AM
It is a good suggestion, but I think this would not be a simple feature to include into the game, but I will pass this over to the community managers. You never know.:)

They might feel sorry for us :p

Lee_7
11-02-12, 06:15 PM
I'm on level 33 and don't even have 800,000 coins yet. I'm running out of room because I cant afford to clear after expanding. It's ridiculous! I would buy coins, but in this game and MS, it's a total waste of gold to bother buying coins. You get next to nothing. I've tried going in to collect as often as I can. Trying to lvl up my dragons to receive more coins. For that feeding is needed and trying to get enough food is another issue. Lol. Sigh....can't seem to get anywhere

Lee_7
11-02-12, 06:18 PM
I apologies if this has been mention before (I'm sure it has!) My searches never come back with any results.
I wish TL would think of the players once in a while. If you can't get enough coins together to clear....eventually you will stop playing. They're (TL) not really thinking of the long term player I don't think.

PDAGuppies
11-02-12, 06:25 PM
Do you play for about ten minutes at one time, if you do, I recommend the3 minute buffetberries.
Impruberries are useless. If you are going to sleep, plant something 8 hours. Then collect ur coins and food in the morning.
Hope this. Helps

savage_mel
11-02-12, 07:26 PM
I totally feel your pain! Its a vicious cycle. you cant make enough money because you dont have enough dragons/habitats. you cant place more habitats because you cant afford to clear spaces. you cant afford to clear spaces because you're not making enough money. and around and around we go! I was having the same issues as you and didnt really get out of the slump until level 50 or so (Im level 60 now). The best advice I took from the forums was to place as many habitats you can, and play with other dragons and hope other players will play with yours. Its a long process, but you'll get there eventually. hang in there!

salinho
11-02-12, 07:43 PM
Very expensive and time-consuming...