PDA

View Full Version : How do you get a Fairy or Eagle Dragon?

jl0408
09-11-12, 03:02 PM
I play other story games, but I just found Dragon story last week so I'm new and having trouble figuring things out in this game.

I'm trying to hatch a Fairy dragon (air & forest / yellow & green hybrid) for a goal and 3 attempts have gotten me Fruitful dragons. The air/yellow dragon is level 4 and the forest/green dragon was either level 4 or 7. Any suggestions?

I'm also trying to hatch a Eagle dragon (fire & air / red & yellow) for a goal and my 1st 2 attempts got me a Firestorm dragons. I have a 3rd attempt that will hatch in a few hours. I have a feeling it will be another Firestorm dragon . The fire/red dragon is level 5 and the air/yellow dragon is the same level 4 also used in the Fairy dragon attempts above. Any suggestions?

rusticjess
09-11-12, 05:28 PM
It's pretty much luck. if you want fairy, you just gotta keep breeding. if you're still unsuccessful, change things up. maybe start breeding one of the fruitfuls with either an air or forest to see if that yields different results. maybe age them more, etc. same for eagle. I got my eagle entirely by accident with lvl 4s, red x yellow while trying for a scorpion

kittycountess
09-12-12, 09:17 AM
Here's a tip that may or may not work: To hatch a rare dragon try breeding the base color dragon with a hybrid dragon. In this case maybe instead of breeding Air with Forest try Air with Fruitful. Or for Eagle try Air (or Fire) with Firestorm. That's how I got most of my rare dragons. Just last week I bred my Eagle with my Scorpion and got the Honeybee. Generally it's near impossible to get a rare dragon using just the basic ones.

Of course like I said, it's no guarantee.

jl0408
09-12-12, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the tips! The third attempt at an Eagle was another Firestorm dragon. Now I'm waiting to see what I get from a level 6 fire and level 5 air dragon... probably another silly Fruitful which looks suspiciously like a watermelon. I'll try using the hybrids next if this one doesn't turn out.

I could also use some neighbors if anyone wants to add me.

auroracon
09-12-12, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the tips! The third attempt at an Eagle was another Firestorm dragon. Now I'm waiting to see what I get from a level 6 fire and level 5 air dragon... probably another silly Fruitful which looks suspiciously like a watermelon. I'll try using the hybrids next if this one doesn't turn out.

I could also use some neighbors if anyone wants to add me.

you can't get a fruitful from fire and air, so if it says 10 hours its a honeybee! :D

benbever
09-12-12, 04:54 PM
I got my first faerie when I was level 36, and my first eagle at level 32.
Don't aim for a specific rare.. I bred over 30 fruitfuls in my attempts to get a faerie, very frustrating.
The eagle also seemed impossible. The scorpion or other super rares are still impossible.
Try switching up names and levels, it's all just luck. Just focus on expansions or something else, breeding is just frustrating and unfun.

rusticjess
09-12-12, 05:44 PM
I added you as a neighbor ^^

rusticjess
09-12-12, 05:45 PM
I'm the one that's IslaSorna. sorry I hate that our IDs and island names are always different

jl0408
09-12-12, 10:27 PM
you can't get a fruitful from fire and air, so if it says 10 hours its a honeybee! :D

You're right, I'm mixing up my combos. My latest fire/air combo looks different than the last ones that ended up Firestorms. Its red and has a wing on it so maybe the Eagle I'm looking for. And I have a level 4 Fruitful breeding w/ a level 5 Air dragon hoping for that Fairy dragon.

jl0408
09-12-12, 10:36 PM
I got my first faerie when I was level 36, and my first eagle at level 32.
Don't aim for a specific rare.. I bred over 30 fruitfuls in my attempts to get a faerie, very frustrating.
The eagle also seemed impossible. The scorpion or other super rares are still impossible.
Try switching up names and levels, it's all just luck. Just focus on expansions or something else, breeding is just frustrating and unfun.

I'm trying to get them for the goals. I've been playing a week now and only up to level 12 so far. The repeated breeding of the same dragon is getting a bit annoying. I'm not even sure how many of the same kind of dragon I should keep. There doesn't seem to be storage like in other story games... not even for your decorative items.

jl0408
09-21-12, 09:40 PM
I did get my eagle dragon, but still no fairy, just tons of fruitfuls. I tried using a fruitful and air, got another fruitful. Now I've upgraded to 7th and 8th levels of forest and air and got a fruitful after every level up attempt. I even changed their names to the supposed lucky names. That's still just getting me another annoying fruitful. What other tricks are there to get my fairy?

earth1979
09-22-12, 01:35 AM
Breed sea breeze and life. You will get many dragons including fairy

jl0408
09-22-12, 01:58 PM

I don't have a sea breeze yet either. I have a must dragon which is also a blue/yellow combo. I wonder if that would work. Might as well give it a shot.

totaltechno
09-22-12, 02:39 PM
I actually got Eagle the first time I bred together my lv 5 Fire and lv 4 Air. I'm lv 8.

sherrycake
09-25-12, 11:46 AM
I got my fairy by lvl 7 fruitful and epic forest and eagle by lvl6 firestorm and epic fire

jl0408
09-26-12, 07:55 AM
I have since gotten eagle, magic, wizard, titan, and trickster rare dragons. And for commons, 5 more fruitfuls, 2 genies, a coral, mist, charm, poison and an island in the nest. I already had 2 firestorms (more but sold some) and a leaf dragon. If I get another stupid fruitful instead of a fairy from a lvl 9 air and epic forest I'm going to throw things.

almondieeyez
09-26-12, 08:33 AM
I got a fairy on my first breeding ever. Level 7 Forest (Foliage) & Level 6 Life (Psyche)

Hope it helps.

jl0408
09-26-12, 09:02 AM
I got a fairy on my first breeding ever. Level 7 Forest (Foliage) & Level 6 Life (Psyche)

Hope it helps.

Someone above this said breed Sea Breeze (super rare btw) and Life. I don't have a life dragon either of these! But Life is common so maybe I can get one easily.

almondieeyez
09-26-12, 09:14 AM
How do u get a magic dragon? It's its on separate color, can it be breed or your must buy with gold?

swanhenge
09-26-12, 09:28 AM
Got my Fairy with Diamond X Fruitful.
Also got two Wilds with Diamond X Life.

New theory alert... does breeding diamond with low-level hybrids create increased chance at Rares? I'm going to try Diamond X Mist to see if there's a Mindvolt in there. Also, Diamond X Firestorm for that elusive Scorpion.

(not trying to condescend to non-diamond owners if it appears so, just stating how I got a Fairy and other)

jl0408
09-26-12, 12:34 PM
How do u get a magic dragon? It's its on separate color, can it be breed or your must buy with gold?

Breed fire with water until you get magic. I did NOT buy it with gold. If you have goals, it should tell you how in the goal description for getting a magic dragon. I don't remember what the goal was called exactly now.

joeinbelize
09-26-12, 09:19 PM
Breed fire with water until you get magic. I did NOT buy it with gold. If you have goals, it should tell you how in the goal description for getting a magic dragon. I don't remember what the goal was called exactly now.

The goal is called "Abracadabra!" but unfortunately, in the task description, it does not give you the combination. It simply says "They love Hot Water. Guess why?"

I got a fairy dragon yesterday (at level 13) by breeding Forest Lv5 and Air Lv4, to give you other newbies hope :)

jimtsang
09-27-12, 12:01 AM
I just got a fairy on my 8th tried

1. Forest+Air =Fruit
2. Fruit+Air=Fruit
3. Fruit+Forest=Fruit
4. Fruit+Forest=Parakeet (The super rare) =\
5. Fruit+Fire Storm=Fruit
6. Fruit+Life=Fruit
7. Fruit+Parakeet=Fruit
8. Fruit+Parakeet=Fairy =|

I HATE FRUIT !!!!

jimtsang
09-27-12, 12:03 AM
I have a dummy account on my IPad, just lv6 1st tried Forest+Air=Fairy =\

jl0408
09-27-12, 03:19 PM
Well I'm jealous of of you jimtsang. I have bread about a dozen fruitfuls and no fairy :( I tried again this morning w/ lvl 9 air and lvl 10 forest again have another fruitful on the way :mad: And I'm up to lvl 23 now.

totaltechno
09-27-12, 03:47 PM
I just got a fairy on my 8th tried

1. Forest+Air =Fruit
2. Fruit+Air=Fruit
3. Fruit+Forest=Fruit
4. Fruit+Forest=Parakeet (The super rare) =\
5. Fruit+Fire Storm=Fruit
6. Fruit+Life=Fruit
7. Fruit+Parakeet=Fruit
8. Fruit+Parakeet=Fairy =|

I HATE FRUIT !!!!

lol, it actually took me 3 tries to get Fruitful. First I got Parakeet, then Fairy, then Fruitful from breeding together a Forest Dragon and an Air Dragon.

jrocket97
09-27-12, 04:32 PM
In my experience, getting a dragon that's not a common hybrid had less than a 20% chance, so really you just need persistence. Took me 22 tries to get a fairy, almost ragequit when I was a newbie.

jl0408
09-27-12, 08:29 PM
In my experience, getting a dragon that's not a common hybrid had less than a 20% chance, so really you just need persistence. Took me 22 tries to get a fairy, almost ragequit when I was a newbie.

I wanted to ragequit this morning when I got #idon't even know anymore fruitful. I don't know if I should try again or try for a planet dragon haha

jl0408
09-29-12, 02:31 PM
I put getting a fairy on the back burner for now. I'm trying to clear my island and raise at least 1 of each type of dragon I have to lvl 7 or epic because I'm running out of room. And it looks like I have a breeze breeding when I was going for a mindvolt. At least it isn't a mist duplicate... zI think.

yuimiko
09-30-12, 02:09 AM
if you have just started, I recommend to only do firestorm x island.
I got fairy, eagle, serpent, wild, athletic, honeybee, diamond from this.
Keep in mind, this combination may or may not give you what you want at the first try. Be patient.

Kslayer
09-30-12, 03:02 AM
I hv got five of each which have souls some -.-

jl0408
09-30-12, 10:39 AM
Keep in mind, this combination may or may not give you what you want at the first try. Be patient.

I've been playing about a month or so and I'm lvl 25 now. I got lots of firestorms but sold all but 2 for space. Just got an island old enough to breed this morning. Guess I'll give that combo try.

AkumaNeko
09-30-12, 10:55 AM
Lvl 53 and still no fairy :/

Lolas_Kryptonite
09-30-12, 11:24 AM
I got my Fairy from Forest lvl6 (Left) & Air lvl6 (Right) - I was going for a Parakeet.

jl0408
10-01-12, 07:39 AM

I finally got a sea breeze (forgot I had a life dragon) and tried this. Guess what I got.. FRUITFUL#lost count.

jl0408
10-01-12, 08:12 AM

Firestorm x island also got me another fruitful.

almondieeyez
10-01-12, 08:34 AM
What works best for me was sticking with the single color dragons. Once you start breeding hybrid dragons, dragons with double colors come into play. Currently working on getting dragons with red and green combos. So far just by breeding a fire dragon and forest dragon has gotten me landworm, forestfire (2x), eagle, and of course several life. Still trying to get wild tho, to no avail :(

Also by breeding fire and air, i did manage to get fairy and eagle.

Good Luck!!

jl0408
10-01-12, 08:47 AM
What works best for me was sticking with the single color dragons. Once you start breeding hybrid dragons, dragons with double colors come into play. Currently working on getting dragons with red and green combos. So far just by breeding a fire dragon and forest dragon has gotten me landworm, forestfire (2x), eagle, and of course several life. Still trying to get wild tho, to no avail :(

Also by breeding fire and air, i did manage to get fairy and eagle.

Good Luck!!

Thanks! I got my eagle after the 4th try. How did you get a fairy from fire and air? Fairy is supposed to be forest and air. I do agree w/ you about the single colors. Using hybrids hasn't helped get anything, but what I already had. Maybe hybrids are only helpful when you're trying to breed a diamond. I switched things up and bred a water x air and I'm pretty sure I have a mind volt in the nest so I'll be able to knock that goal off my list in 44 hours, once it finishes breeding and hatches.

almondieeyez
10-01-12, 09:03 AM
How did you get a fairy from fire and air? Fairy is supposed to be forest and air.

Oops. You are correct. Fairy Dragon comes from forest and air. Too many combos, cant keep them straight. Thanks.

scarpetta
10-01-12, 09:12 AM
Hi! If you're just starting this is an excellent thread to check out. It has EVERYTHING you need. Breeding info, times, and pictures of eggs and dragons. Good luck to ya! :)

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?28258-Dragon-Story-Lists-(In-Progress)

jl0408
10-01-12, 09:27 PM
Hi! If you're just starting this is an excellent thread to check out. It has EVERYTHING you need. Breeding info, times, and pictures of eggs and dragons. Good luck to ya! :)

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?28258-Dragon-Story-Lists-(In-Progress)

I've viewed that thread many many many times. Its how I know I should have a mindvolt in the works.

jl0408
10-03-12, 08:51 PM
Still no Fairy. But now I have a Mindvolt and an Athletic. And I have a 2nd Poison breeding. I was hoping for Fairy with Fruitful x Magic :/ no such luck.

Lolas_Kryptonite
10-04-12, 06:53 AM
Still no Fairy. But now I have a Mindvolt and an Athletic. And I have a 2nd Poison breeding. I was hoping for Fairy with Fruitful x Magic :/ no such luck.

Have you tried Forest & Air?

almondieeyez
10-04-12, 07:16 AM

I would definitely stick with Forest and Air for Fairy. As breeding forest and air gives 3 types of dragons only fruitful, fairy & parakeet. 33% chance of fairy
Magic and Fruitful results in Fruitful, Genie, Poison, Fairy Familiar, Trickster & Parakeet. 16% chance of fairy.

jl0408
10-04-12, 09:50 AM
Have you tried Forest & Air?

Yes, I've tried that many, many, many times.

jl0408
10-04-12, 09:52 AM
I would definitely stick with Forest and Air for Fairy. As breeding forest and air gives 3 types of dragons only fruitful, fairy & parakeet. 33% chance of fairy
Magic and Fruitful results in Fruitful, Genie, Poison, Fairy Familiar, Trickster & Parakeet. 16% chance of fairy.

Thanks! Are the percentages posted somewhere or did you just figure them out yourself?

almondieeyez
10-04-12, 10:33 AM
Thanks! Are the percentages posted somewhere or did you just figure them out yourself?

those percentages are general percentage. All I did was divided the results by 100. (ex. Forest/Air= 3 dragon results; 100/3= 33.33%) In actuality, I am not sure what are the percentages for between getting common/rare/super rare dragons. I think its all luck and LOTS OF PATIENCE. I've been trying to complete my Red/Green combo dragon, all i'm missing is wild. Been sticking with forest and fire and managed to get 3 forestfires, 2 landworms, several life but no wild. On my side account in DS, I managed to get two wilds back to back. That's life for ya!

This breeding calculator might help you http://dragon-story.wikia.com/wiki/Breeding_Calculator

Good Luck with getting the Fairy. :)

epipy
10-04-12, 08:49 PM
Hi I got my fairy with air(7) and forest(7) and my eagle I got landworm(7) and mist(4). Good luck

jl0408
10-05-12, 10:13 AM
Two more stupid fruitfuls yesterday using epic air and forest. That's the 3rd attempt with epics with no success in getting a fairy. That's at least 10 fails now. I have 7 fruitfuls now and I've sold some, but can't remember how many exactly, but probably 3 or 4 when I didn't have enough habitats. I HATE FRUITFULS!

almondieeyez
10-05-12, 10:54 AM
another suggestion... not sure if its plausible but I seem to be having more luck in breeding rare/super rare dragons during the evening time around 5-7pm EST. As mention before, trying to get a wild dragon from fire and forest. Any other time I breed, I seem to get life but usually 5-7pm EST I usually get land or forestfire.

almondieeyez
10-05-12, 11:01 AM
of course, i am sure "lucky" times are either coincidence or different for everybody. Try for times where you normally get more rares than any other times.

jl0408
10-06-12, 03:41 PM
another suggestion... not sure if its plausible but I seem to be having more luck in breeding rare/super rare dragons during the evening time around 5-7pm EST. As mention before, trying to get a wild dragon from fire and forest. Any other time I breed, I seem to get life but usually 5-7pm EST I usually get land or forestfire.

I think your lucky times theory is just coincidence. Just tried to breed for fairy again in that time frame and it is going to be another fruitful.

muscovylover
10-06-12, 04:55 PM
I got my fairy on my two accounts with Fruit4 & Air3. I got them both on my 2nd try. I got my 3 Eagles with Air7 & Fire7 (tried several times), Firestorm4 & Forestorm5 (1st try) and Air4 & Fire4 (1st try). Good luck!

muscovylover
10-06-12, 04:57 PM
Oops I meant Fruit4 & Air4 xD

jl0408
10-07-12, 01:15 PM
Oops I meant Fruit4 & Air4 xD

Already tried that with no luck.

jl0408
10-08-12, 09:08 PM
I'm so sick of breeding fruitful and island dragons. Why can't I breed a fairy or a serpent dragon? I give up!

jimtsang
10-09-12, 08:59 PM
Don't just focus on Fairy

Use 2 dragon which in 4 color combo to try diamond also

Sometime u will get a surprise result even no Fairy and Diamond

On the other hand, you need do the "Dawn" goal too. Each color you will need 10 x level 10 dragon. As my above said, try 4 color to mix those which color you are lacking. (I don't count the Light because freeding a Light become lv 10 is a crazy job if you haven't diamond dragon)

analinz
10-10-12, 05:30 AM
i got an eagle dragon by breeding firestrom and water :D

jl0408
10-10-12, 09:29 AM
Don't just focus on Fairy

Use 2 dragon which in 4 color combo to try diamond also

Sometime u will get a surprise result even no Fairy and Diamond

On the other hand, you need do the "Dawn" goal too. Each color you will need 10 x level 10 dragon. As my above said, try 4 color to mix those which color you are lacking. (I don't count the Light because freeding a Light become lv 10 is a crazy job if you haven't diamond dragon)

Thank you. Although, I don't know what good trying for a diamond will do if I can't even get these original rare dragons. Every time I've put all 4 colors together, I've gotten a duplicate of 1 of the 2 I tried breeding. I don't have the "Dawn" goals. I'm not sure if android got them or if I have to complete the current ones for them to pop up. I have the fairy, serpent, planet and diamond goals left. I also don't have enough silver or space to start with the light dragons just yet.

jl0408
10-10-12, 09:33 AM
i got an eagle dragon by breeding firestrom and water :D

Thanks, but like I said on page 2, I got an eagle on my 4th try. 15th or more's try for fairy have all yielded a fruitful.

jl0408
10-13-12, 08:42 PM
So I got tired of getting fruitfuls from breeding air/forest and decided to try firestorm/island for maybe a diamond or serpent or planet.. or anything else. What did I get? Another stupid fruitful!!! I swear its like its all my island will breed.

lala_gabbana
10-13-12, 08:48 PM
I have three fairies and three eagles.. Air and fruitful for fairy, fire and firestorm for eagle.. Hope that helps :)

hyper_ch
10-14-12, 02:17 AM
Hi there

I made a little site that should help you with the breeding options. Have a look here for more details: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?37680-Tracking-your-Dragons

iSleepyPanda
10-14-12, 03:39 AM
It's just luck. I'm level 13 and got my Fairy around level 9 or 10 after two attempts. I finally got my Eagle after 4 or 5 Firestorms.
I got a Magic on my first attempt and didn't realize it. I thought my game was broken and extended breeding time for my egg not realizing it was a 20 hour hatch time.
Today I tried for a Charm for the first time but got a 2 day breeding time. Not sure what this is but have to wait. Titan, IDK?

jl0408
10-14-12, 11:06 AM
It's just luck. I'm level 13 and got my Fairy around level 9 or 10 after two attempts. I finally got my Eagle after 4 or 5 Firestorms.
I got a Magic on my first attempt and didn't realize it. I thought my game was broken and extended breeding time for my egg not realizing it was a 20 hour hatch time.
Today I tried for a Charm for the first time but got a 2 day breeding time. Not sure what this is but have to wait. Titan, IDK?

Congrats on your lucky with fairy. I got eagle after the 4th try too and magic on the 1st try. I think I got titan on the 1st try for it. Sounds like that's what you have breeding.

jl0408
11-10-12, 02:01 PM
Well I still don't have a fairy dragon after over 2 months. But I did just breed a mermaid while trying to breed the new aurora dragon. Now I'm glad to get something other than a fruitful, but it's still annoying that I hardly ever get what I'm actually trying to breed.

MissLisa2012
11-10-12, 03:02 PM
I was right there with u...I'm new to game and trying to accomplish the goals. The fairy was elluding me too (I hate fruit! lol) but I knocked on my ngbors doors about it and someone answered w the exact right combo. You will not believe this...are u sitting down? Breed 2 fruitfuls! My ngbor said 2 lv 4's but after selling most of them I tried it w a lv 4 & lv 8. Got the fairy egg first try. I'm waiting for it to finally hatch today. I told another ngbor this combo today & it worked first try for my ngbor too ;-) I have my fingers crossed for u. Good luck!

jl0408
11-10-12, 04:10 PM
I was right there with u...I'm new to game and trying to accomplish the goals. The fairy was elluding me too (I hate fruit! lol) but I knocked on my ngbors doors about it and someone answered w the exact right combo. You will not believe this...are u sitting down? Breed 2 fruitfuls! My ngbor said 2 lv 4's but after selling most of them I tried it w a lv 4 & lv 8. Got the fairy egg first try. I'm waiting for it to finally hatch today. I told another ngbor this combo today & it worked first try for my ngbor too ;-) I have my fingers crossed for u. Good luck!
I got that advice too and it didn't work for me. I've tried it many many times with no success. No success with epic either.

Horntail21
11-10-12, 04:44 PM
I didn't get a fairy til I was level 35. Got it with fruitful coral, weird combo for a fairy.

jl0408
11-10-12, 04:55 PM
I didn't get a fairy til I was level 35. Got it with fruitful coral, weird combo for a fairy.

I'm lvl 38 now. I don't remember if I've tried that one, I've tried so many. I can see how it could work tho since it does have yellow and green.

kwhales
11-10-12, 05:28 PM
To get my eagles (I have 2--wasn't trying for either) I breed level 7's of fire and air. Earlier today, i bred level 6's of the same on my daughter's ipad because she wanted an eagle. Well, she didn't get an eagle, she got pumpkin. She is at level 10 too. So random.

totaltechno
11-10-12, 06:01 PM
Eagle first try Fire 5 Air 6

Fairy second try Forest 6 Air 6

shell548
11-15-12, 08:56 PM
jl0408, I can really relate. Have been trying for a fairy since first few levels. I think they are so pretty. Anyway, I'm now at level 23 and still no fairy. Tons of fruitful dragons and have sold most of them. I'm not having a huge problem getting other rares or super rares, but I can't get a freaking fairy! So far for super rares I've bred: Parakeet (while trying to get a fairy), Atlantis (on first try of breeding water and forest). For rares I've bred: Wild, Eagle (without even trying), and Aurora (on first try of breeding atlantis and charm. I was hoping for fairy or diamond). Just decided to try breeding fruitful and parakeet and I got: Another Parakeet! And they are supposedly super rare. But somehow I've got two of them and no fairy! I'm starting to think the game is mocking me.

Takiofallen has a theory that all of our islands have an element that they breed more strongly than others. I think that is true and I think mine is forest. If you notice, all of my rares and super rares have forest element (except the eagle). I think fruitfuls are probably more strongly forest than fairies (which are probably more strongly air) and that is why I have such a hard time breeding this dragon.

shell548
11-15-12, 09:00 PM
My plan now is to just breed parakeet and fruitful over and over until I get a fairy. I'll just stick with that combo before I move on to something else.

jl0408
11-16-12, 01:50 PM
Takiofallen has a theory that all of our islands have an element that they breed more strongly than others. I think that is true and I think mine is forest. If you notice, all of my rares and super rares have forest element (except the eagle). I think fruitfuls are probably more strongly forest than fairies (which are probably more strongly air) and that is why I have such a hard time breeding this dragon.

I can't tell what my strong element would be. Of super rares/rares I have Seabreeze (super rare) yellow/blue, Mind Volt (rare) blue/yellow, Wizard (rare) blue/purple, Athletic (rare) red/blue, Mermaid (super rare) blue/green, Honeybee (super rare) yellow/red, Eagle (rare) yellow/red, Trickster (rare) purple/yellow, Titan (rare) red/purple, Zombie (super rare LE) green/purple. That's 5 super rare/rare with blue, 5 with red, 5 with yellow, 2 with green, 4 with purple. I have no shortage of Fruitfuls, Islands, Poisons, Mists, or Genies. If Fairy is more strongly air then it shouldn't be this hard for me to get since I'm about equal on blue, yellow and red element dragons and less lucky on green element rares.

CrimsonCalamity
11-16-12, 04:59 PM
I can't tell what my strong element would be. Of super rares/rares I have Seabreeze (super rare) yellow/blue, Mind Volt (rare) blue/yellow, Wizard (rare) blue/purple, Athletic (rare) red/blue, Mermaid (super rare) blue/green, Honeybee (super rare) yellow/red, Eagle (rare) yellow/red, Trickster (rare) purple/yellow, Titan (rare) red/purple, Zombie (super rare LE) green/purple. That's 5 super rare/rare with blue, 5 with red, 5 with yellow, 2 with green, 4 with purple. I have no shortage of Fruitfuls, Islands, Poisons, Mists, or Genies. If Fairy is more strongly air then it shouldn't be this hard for me to get since I'm about equal on blue, yellow and red element dragons and less lucky on green element rares.

It's not just the rares you breed. It's the element that occurs most often in all breedings, including commons and fails. That's Takiofallen's theory.

shell548
11-17-12, 05:06 PM
I've bred my fruitful and parakeet about eight times now (I've sped up some of the breedings). Got the one parakeet and all the rest: FRUITFULS! Hate them. Don't even think they are cute anymore.

Takiofallen
11-17-12, 09:41 PM
remember to count any magic dragons as blue/red.

jl0408
11-19-12, 06:52 PM
Failed attempt at a turkey dragon (forest x honeybee) is either a landworm or a wild. Either way this is probably the happiest fail yet. New if I could just get that lucky with getting a fairy :/

kwhales
11-19-12, 06:56 PM
I just bred seabreeze and zombie both epics. Got 8 hr bred time. So, it's either genie or fairy. Won't know until tomorrow morning. Hoping for fairy. already have genie.

jl0408
11-19-12, 07:05 PM
I just bred seabreeze and zombie both epics. Got 8 hr bred time. So, it's either genie or fairy. Won't know until tomorrow morning. Hoping for fairy. already have genie.

Interesting combo for a fairy. I wouldn't have thought to use seabreeze with the blue element. Keep me posted on the result! I'll have to try it if it works.

kwhales
11-19-12, 07:09 PM
Interesting combo for a fairy. I wouldn't have thought to use seabreeze with the blue element. Keep me posted on the result! I'll have to try it if it works.

Wasn't trying for fairy. Not trying for anything. Just wanted to breed two dragons. and picked those two. I was tired of trying to get something, just to be disappointed with a poison, firestorm or eagle. So, just threw two dragons into the pot and stirred. Still hoping for fairy.

kwhales
11-20-12, 03:58 AM

Combo worked. Got my fairy.

Sefyre
11-20-12, 04:20 AM
Combo worked. Got my fairy.

Awesome and congratulations! :D

My Seabreeze seems to be one of my 'lucky' Dragons. Breeding my Seabreeze with my favorite Life Dragon has produced quite a mix of results.

Sefyre
11-20-12, 04:25 AM
Whooops. I hate not being able to edit my post.

I forgot to say that I've been able to breed an Eagle by breeding a Firestorm with Water (yes, odd, I know). Also, I've bred an Eagle while breeding a Seabreeze and Life together (might as well shoot for the moon and try and breed almost any and all combinations since I have a new-ish account).

I tried to breed an Eagle, Pumpkin, Scorpion, or a Honeybee using the Fire and Air/Air and Fire combo, but it never worked for me personally and so I gave up on breeding single color with single color after 5-ish tries of getting nothing but Firestorms. It took me a few tries with breeding a Firestorm with someone else, but that's how I got my first Eagle, eventually.

jl0408
11-20-12, 05:24 PM

This is a pretty good combo. Just tried it and have either aurora or atlantis breeding, 15 hr. I don't have either one yet. I think I'm going to keep trying this pair till I get that fairy!

kwhales
11-20-12, 05:31 PM
This is a pretty good combo. Just tried it and have either aurora or atlantis breeding, 15 hr. I don't have either one yet. I think I'm going to keep trying this pair till I get that fairy!

I'm gonna try it again too. Maybe in reverse order. I just threw in familiar and wizard, hoping for something interesting. Got island, again. oh well.

jl0408
11-22-12, 05:56 PM
Well now seabreeze x zombie is working just as badly as everything else I've tried. I got aurora then 2 more fruitfuls and now probably another aurora. I'd be much happier with the fairy I want or at least anything else I don't already have. I'll give it a few more tries before I give up on this pairing.

jl0408
11-25-12, 10:01 PM
Well now seabreeze x zombie is working just as badly as everything else I've tried. I got aurora then 2 more fruitfuls and now probably another aurora. I'd be much happier with the fairy I want or at least anything else I don't already have. I'll give it a few more tries before I give up on this pairing.

Got another poison, another fruitful and another coral. Now breeding my 1st parakeet. Not the green/yellow I was trying for (fairy), but I'll take it.

jl0408
11-26-12, 11:38 PM
Bred same pair again and got another mist so tried them again. Got 8 hr bred time so its either my elusive fairy or another genie. Fingers crossed for fairy. Too low on gold to speed up and know right away.

jl0408
11-29-12, 04:28 PM
I got genie blah. But then I was on a good streak yesterday with my Seabreeze/Zombie pairing. Yesterday morning I bred what turned out to be serpent. Check that off my goals list. Then I bred again and I got a Familiar. So I was hoping my luck would continue with the next try for either Fairy or the new Anibus. Nope, its going to be Magic or Island, blah.

kwhales
11-29-12, 04:40 PM
I got genie blah. But then I was on a good streak yesterday with my Seabreeze/Zombie pairing. Yesterday morning I bred what turned out to be serpent. Check that off my goals list. Then I bred again and I got a Familiar. So I was hoping my luck would continue with the next try for either Fairy or the new Anibus. Nope, its going to be Magic or Island, blah.

First, keep trying, one or the other will come along.....I keep getting Eagles, I'd give you one or two or three....and Fairy too me way long too. As for Anibus, that's a diamond hybrid...so Seabreaze and Zombie would not get you one.

dinosaureggs
11-29-12, 05:10 PM
I don't bother changing dragons in the breeding den to different species with the same colors because I'm pretty sure the only thing that matters is color - not level, species, order, etc. Honestly, I'm pretty sure I got Fairy right away from just Forest and Air, and most of my rare and super rares so far have come from Life and Air, so I don't think you need anything fancy and super rare to begin with. It's all just luck (or statistical probability, lol). I'm going to try for Diamond now with something simple like Life and Mist and just have fun with getting other rares/super rares in the meantime since I know it'll take forever.

jl0408
11-29-12, 05:53 PM
First, keep trying, one or the other will come along.....I keep getting Eagles, I'd give you one or two or three....and Fairy too me way long too. As for Anibus, that's a diamond hybrid...so Seabreaze and Zombie would not get you one.

I realize that now. I was just throwing them back in real quickly right when it was released hoping for something good. I've been working on fairy since September with minor breaks here and there. I've been using this pair for about 10 days. It has turned out better dragons than air/forest/fruitful combos did.

jl0408
11-29-12, 06:11 PM
@ dinosaureggs - air/forest didn't work for me AT ALL. The 50 or so times I tried gave me fruitful. I even put fruitful into the mix. I also tried with magic with each of them several times. I also tried throwing in genie or poison the mix. All I got was an island full of fruitfuls. I've been selling them off as I gotten new or better earning dragons with my current pairing.

shell548
11-29-12, 06:55 PM
I bred a sunrise and a fruitful today and got all hopeful because I had an 8 hour breed time. But nope, it was a fuzzy. Still no fairy. I have been totally unable to get a fairy through breeding air and forest, although I did get a parakeet that way. One of the experiments someone did here showed that you were more likely to breed rares or super rares from hybrids rather than one element dragons. But that was just one experiment. I got my first two rares from breeding pure dragons, but since then I haven't had good luck. Don't know what combo to try now. Don't want to try a light element dragon again because I can't stand waiting eight hours just to see another fuzzy. Have been trying for this fairy since October.

jl0408
12-05-12, 08:57 AM
Several more fruitful and coral fails the past few days. Then yesterday morning I bred same seabreeze/zombie pair again and got 16 hours. My aether will hatch in about 5 more hours. And then I'll know if what's in the den will be the elusive fairy or another genie. Please, please be fairy. Then I think I'll only need a clown, mistmoth and atlantis from this pair. I'm also starting to think maybe my lucky breeding time is somewhere between 6 pm and 6 am.

shell548
12-06-12, 04:47 PM
AAAAHHHHH!! Finally. I just bred an epic parakeet and epic air and have an 8 hour breeding time. Yes! Yes! YES! I will add however, that I had just bought 120 gold, so maybe that affected the breeding. Either way, I'm dancing on air right now (and all from a game, smh).

jl0408
12-06-12, 09:44 PM
Congrats! I didn't get it. It was a genie, then island and then another fruitful or coral. I think I'll stick with this pair through the weekend and if it still doesn't give up a fairy I'll try something else. It's been using it for over 2 weeks now. And over 3 months trying for it with other combos.

jl0408
12-10-12, 09:22 AM
I think it's time for a new combo, but I can't think of what else to try. I bred Seabreeze/Zombie continuously for the last 20 days still without getting a fairy. And it seems to have run its course of giving me new or rare dragons. I got some good ones with it, but now it's on a fruitful, coral, island or mist rotation. So I just tried epic Parakeet/Air and got 10 hrs... fruitFAIL. This must be what diamond hunters feel like :/

jl0408
12-11-12, 09:29 AM
FINALLY!!!!!!! Epic Parakeet/Air on 2nd try gave me a Fairy. My 3 month long hunt is over!!

christinechai0886
12-11-12, 08:18 PM
i got my fairy from fruit + air... i cant get eagle .. i got 20++ firestorm :(

arsenal550
02-13-13, 09:26 AM
i was breeding water and red before level 10 and got 2 x honeybee left/right heart scorpion
since level 10 standard firestorms and magic

DragonmasterC99
06-20-13, 11:41 AM
Here's a tip that may or may not work: To hatch a rare dragon try breeding the base color dragon with a hybrid dragon. In this case maybe instead of breeding Air with Forest try Air with Fruitful. Or for Eagle try Air (or Fire) with Firestorm. That's how I got most of my rare dragons. Just last week I bred my Eagle with my Scorpion and got the Honeybee. Generally it's near impossible to get a rare dragon using just the basic ones.

Of course like I said, it's no guarantee.

I read this thread because itbwas hard for me to breed specific dragons. But i am hoping your advice will work. It sounds like it will work, so thamks for the advice.

heels522
11-23-17, 12:08 PM
I know this thread is old but I am hoping someone will still check it. I am at level 96 and have still been unsuccessful in breading a Fairy Dragon. It seems the further I get in the game the harder it is. Any suggestions?? What's funny is my 8 year old grandson starting playing and is on level 18 & we successfully bred the Fairy Dragon on the 1st try, however I have no idea what he used to breed it ��

kooky panda
11-24-17, 03:38 PM
I know this thread is old but I am hoping someone will still check it. I am at level 96 and have still been unsuccessful in breading a Fairy Dragon. It seems the further I get in the game the harder it is. Any suggestions?? What's funny is my 8 year old grandson starting playing and is on level 18 & we successfully bred the Fairy Dragon on the 1st try, however I have no idea what he used to breed it 

Green and yellow combo. I try to use the most basic dragons.

Sorry, but users must be 13 years old or older to play. Users under the age of 18 must have their parent or guardian's permission to play.

You can view the Terms of Service here. (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?227-Terms-of-Service)

A. Your Acceptance of the Terms of Use:
Please carefully read these Terms of Use, which affect your legal rights and obligations. By registering for an Account or otherwise using the Service, you represent that [B](1) you are age 13 or older, (2) you understand and agree to these Terms of Use, and (3) if you are between the ages of 13 and 18, your legal guardian has reviewed and agrees to these Terms of Use.