PDA

View Full Version : What are players doing now?

Poetic_Soul
09-10-12, 07:18 AM
This is to show how many players have Quit playing or are still active in the games somehow.

Poetic_Soul
09-10-12, 07:24 AM
Please Mods Let this Poll run maybe we could let Teamlava know if the changes were worth their trouble. This is my first poll so hope I did it right and gave enough choices.

oscarchun123
09-10-12, 07:26 AM
I will keep playing for one more week to see if theres any changes if not i am going to quit also i did go to play store to rate BS for one star too

lin77
09-10-12, 07:46 AM
I'm still cooking, tipping & gifting but I done buying gems in ALL my TL games!

AnnasCoffee
09-10-12, 07:50 AM
I quit everything. Everyone can decide for themselves but... what good is tipping your neighbors doing... 120 coins!?! ... They need MILLIONS... It's a waste of time IMO.

I have also stored everything and made walls/floors white as a sign of protest.

LynnStorm8
09-10-12, 08:06 AM
Closed Shop for a week.

Thereafter, my return shall be dependent
on TL's course of action.

lizardlickfan
09-10-12, 08:13 AM
I deleted this app as soon as the price hike happened. I really don't see how this balances anything. All it does is make us game poor so we need to buy gems for coins, and expansions. No thank you TL!!! So since the beginning of the year I have deleted 3/5 TL games I play for reasons like this.

knittedcupcake
09-10-12, 08:17 AM
I,ve quit doing everything with this game, but I am still paying RS. I am SO CLOSE to having enough money to expand again, I want to try it before TL changes the pricing there, too.

kieranyeow
09-10-12, 08:18 AM
Not Baking But Still Tipping.

sourlicorice5
09-10-12, 08:32 AM
Closed up bakery. Playing the others for now until this weeks updates then will decide whether to keep playing or quit them all.

Farmaniac
09-10-12, 08:58 AM
Stopped playing bakery, monster strory and pet hotel story. will never ever in my life buy a single gem from this company.

queentina3
09-10-12, 09:03 AM
I quit everything. Everyone can decide for themselves but... what good is tipping your neighbors doing... 120 coins!?! ... They need MILLIONS... It's a waste of time IMO.

I have also stored everything and made walls/floors white as a sign of protest.

I chose that option because I'm still gifting and answering requests daily, but not tipping. I stopped tipping awhile ago anyways. I'm just waiting for the food on my counters to sell, and if that happens before TL reverses the prices, then I'll delete all my neighbors, say goodbye, then uninstall the App. Others that chose that same option may not be tipping, but only gifting, it's just that those 2 things were combined into 1 on the poll. :)

Baraze
09-10-12, 09:08 AM
Not baking, but having some semblance of fun going around the neighborhood to tip and see other bakeries in protest.

They're some super funny posts and creative designs for the floora and tables.

I've been bitten too many timea by locked appliances to store all 24 of mine.

fireflyfw
09-10-12, 09:10 AM
I'm not playing till TL fixes the price increase! Hopefully they will. I'd hate to have to quit Bs, it was my fav out of all the games. I sure am NOT goin to pay their prices!

Vera545
09-10-12, 09:18 AM
Stopped baking, for 2 days. Shop still closed, but tipp and gift back loyal neighbours now. They can't help these miserable actions of TL.

But I will never never never buy 1 single gem for real money!!!!!!!

TL why are you so greedy, and I feel so sorry especially for children who play this game, and don't understand the reason why........well I don't understand it either.

I will simply remove the app, and forget it ever existed.

trm930
09-10-12, 10:25 AM
I don't see the point of playing while the price hike is up. You'll only be losing money in the process, it would be a waste. I'm not playing until this is fixed, I know some players are taking this to October if this continues still.

MomsHouseofSweets
09-10-12, 11:38 AM
I have closed my bakery, in that I am no longer baking or purchasing anything. I don't try to do goals, don't buy gems, don't spend the coins or gems I have .. my bakery just sets there with the doors blocked. My neighbors know and they also know that I will continue to tip and gift them., but other than that ... I'm closed. Sad state of affairs.

Bogiefurret
09-10-12, 11:41 AM
I am not buying gems. Have not in awhile.

aliceplayer
09-10-12, 11:48 AM
Just tipping and gifting, not buying gems, not baking, doors closed... will uninstall in one week if prices aren't reverted...

sweet_1
09-10-12, 12:12 PM
Closed Shop for a week.

Thereafter, my return shall be dependent
on TL's course of action.

Same here!

Godlovesyou12
09-10-12, 12:13 PM
I have closed my shop.
Waitig for this weeks yupdate.
Perhaps the prices will be normal.
Perhaps everything will be normal.
FOR A CHANGE!

Jbug2116
09-10-12, 12:27 PM
I am tipping and gifting on Bakery, and giving my full attention to Restaurant. I'll decide whether I'm going to keep this going or quit Bakery (T_T) and play Restaurant after the update.

kisseop
09-10-12, 12:31 PM
Playing. And tearing upon new prices, I bought some tables and chairs today and doing so I said goodbye to my 800,000 coins :/ Ridiculous! Hopefully I'll have enough coins to cook. ;-P TL I'm 91 lvl and feel like 8 lvl, when I had to count every little precious coin, save up for a week to do some redecoration. >.< So where has my effort gone? I'll never ----NEVER---- save 10,000,000 to expand. And I won't buy gems just to expand, I'm not so wealthy... I'll buy them to gamble on boxes :-P But not until I expand, so in conclusion I won't be buying gems anytime soon :-(

88dalejr
09-10-12, 12:39 PM
I voted Closed Shop May Return. I have spent loads of money on TL games and only TL games for the past 2 years. They can look up and see the exact amount and I shudder to even think of the total amount because it's way toooo much for free games. But I didn't mind because it has brought me many hours of fun and even new friends. Ever since the end of 2011 I have sat here and watch the quality of this company go downhill. I was here for the Restaurant incident which a total blackout for all TL games went down and they reverted the changes only to make every new recipe with the new low serving sizes we were upset about. So who won?? They did!! Then the speed up oven gem trap. They see players coming here complaining " I lost my gems" but yet that same player buys more gems. They think well they are still buying gems even though they lose them "Let's make it worse" and then came the speed up all ovens trap. So they see how many players are still buying gems after that they think "Let's try this on Farm" then came the "Tap to Manage" where everywhere you click is a gem trap!! That's when I had enough with giving this company money and them just adding more tricks to get my money. Just so you know TL you got way more of my money when you were an honest company. So just back to how things were run before the end of 2011 and every game you make could be in the top ten!! So I will not log into any TL game until the prices are reverted and if they aren't I will walk away from every game no matter how much I spent and I will have learned a very expensive lesson and no app company will ever get my money.

ladygaga1978
09-10-12, 12:57 PM
I have been in love with this game for two months and I was even considering buying gems, but not anymore. The profit I make from cooking is so little it will take me MONTHS before my next upgrade. Did TeamLava even do the math when they doubled the prices? How is that even reasonable? Did they want to lose all of their players over this? I am disgusted!

shakiba
09-10-12, 01:13 PM
Closed shop, not baking or tipping. I didn't delete the game but I will if these prices won't change back to the original prices.

lotusthreads
09-10-12, 01:21 PM
Closed shop for a week on all my tl games. I am waiting to see what happens, and if the prices don't change back I will delete all my tl games.

trace35
09-10-12, 01:31 PM
Closed and uninstalled. Because TL probably won't change their minds, I guess I'm never playing again. I have also deleted all other TL games.

amberd83
09-10-12, 01:49 PM
I'm closed. If the prices don't go down soon I'm deleting the app. I did try to go ahead and play this way, but after 8 hours of full counters, no baking, and no purchasing, my coins are still waaay below where I started this morning. The fun in games is being able to make progress within a reasonable amount of time. I feel as if I'm playing backwards now.

sosem982
09-10-12, 02:06 PM
I am baking only a few high margin goods and taking care of my neighbors and friends. I am not buying any designer or capital goods and certainly not any diamonds.

LUTILUTI
09-10-12, 02:10 PM
Just tipping & gifting (I love my nbrs) but not buying anything (recipes, decorations, gems). I'll wait till next update, if prices remain the same, I'll stop playing all my TL games. I think a game should be funny and relaxing and this ridiculous price increase is sadly too close to real life...

vkidd318
09-10-12, 02:10 PM
Just not fun anymore Not playing bakery doors shut please team lava listen and be more reasonable

Baraze
09-10-12, 03:10 PM
Four out of every ten bakeries I visit have closed up shop. They may not visit the forums, but their posts (uncensored) are scathing.

Ive taken some photos of beautiful and creative ones, but dare not post (one-too lazy, second-have to get permission).

Id think the odds of TL doing another game is slim. They know BS and RS is their bread and butter. Due to this, they choose to raise the prices. They knew
it would be hard for some people to turn away and/or give it so easily after putting so much money into the game.

Considering the fuss thats been made I feel the prices will go down. Whether its by Thursday or before next month remains to be seen. I just hope they realize many of us
wont wait BUT if we do, we wont give them a dime again. If I start playing again in a couple weeks, I wont buy one gem and will just play until my 10 million coins are depleted on
100,000 tables. I favored the fancy green ones, so to see the costs of them and the fancy green vases is still shocking.

I dont do television, so reading and playing the game was my entertainment while I recover from a back injury. In my boredom, I am sorting my counters by food type (lame and dweeby, I know).

I hope they make a decision, be it good or bad, soon.

NeeOnn
09-10-12, 03:24 PM
Just Baking a LOT! Doors shut.

Poetic_Soul
09-10-12, 03:33 PM
I am really surprised how little votes are here so far. I tried to put up enough choices for everyone. This thread has gotten only 102 votes but 1305 views. Yet if you check the # of people who have complained about the Price increase, (me included) the numbers don't show it. I was hoping this poll would show Teamlava the # of people that were upset about what they did. Maybe I worded it wrong or something.

If you have nbrs, that has closed shop or even voiced their opinion on the matter let them know about this thread and ask them to vote.

If someone knows how to make a better Poll by all means do so. And most of all thank you all that have voted and those that left great responses.

ipaddolo
09-10-12, 03:49 PM
im finishing mastering my last recipe on the last appliance and keep gifting my nbrs. i will keep gifting/tipping for some days, but im thinking to delete BS and Home Design, and keep only farm, restaurant and nightclub. Thou i can close also them, or keep only the farm. I will decide later in the week

medonnabp
09-10-12, 04:00 PM
For the poll another option... Still playing like normal but WILL NOT be purchasing gems. Would have been my option.

leadfoot
09-10-12, 04:06 PM
I voted - I've been thinking about shutting down anyway once my food runs out. Since I have tons out that will take a while. I don't get a lot of tips and I think a lot of my neighbors (gained mostly in my early days using Bakery Story) have quit, I spent more time in Restaurant Story gathering neighbors. I just don't have the time to make the same effort in a lot of the Team Lava games. This latest event doesn't surprise me and makes me more motivated to just quit. I have several books I need to finish reading anyway :-)

takeva
09-10-12, 04:36 PM
I am really surprised how little votes are here so far. I tried to put up enough choices for everyone. This thread has gotten only 102 votes but 1305 views. Yet if you check the # of people who have complained about the Price increase, (me included) the numbers don't show it. I was hoping this poll would show Teamlava the # of people that were upset about what they did. Maybe I worded it wrong or something.

If you have nbrs, that has closed shop or even voiced their opinion on the matter let them know about this thread and ask them to vote.

If someone knows how to make a better Poll by all means do so. And most of all thank you all that have voted and those that left great responses.

Give it some time. That number is pretty good since you just put this up today. The 1305 views might be people who visited more than once and/or people who are only viewing as guests.

enaid03
09-10-12, 04:55 PM
I believe I have months until my food runs out. My nightclub has been open for months without any new drinks and I still have inventory. I get excited when a counter is gone. The only ones that lose are my neighbors. I do feel bad about not tipping/gifting them.

The new games - HS, DS, MS, PHS, ZS2, PS2 are all static at best. Once you hit the expansions, there is zero to do besides collect. I want/need a game I'm actively doing something, and something somewhat challenging.

So sad. At one point I played all games except one, and was active in all.

The company must have lost some key innovative personnel because the games I once found fun to play have become monotonous.

castleberry
09-10-12, 05:09 PM
I have closed my doors and stop baking. I am scared I'd go broke if I bake. I am still tipping, gifting and granting request while I wait to see what TL does about the price increases. I am hoping whole heartedly that they put them back but just in case they don't I'm adding my good neighbors and friends I've made to my KIK messenger because I will have to quit the GAME. I capitalized game because that's what it's suppose to be. We should be having fun not complaining every time you turn around. Anyway, I love the game but will delete it if TL doesn't listen and put things back the way they were. Buying no gems at this time. :-(

Sugablast
09-10-12, 05:10 PM
I don't see the point of playing while the price hike is up. You'll only be losing money in the process, it would be a waste. I'm not playing until this is fixed, I know some players are taking this to October if this continues still.

Exactly!

I voted for not baking, but still tipping/gifting. But this might be my last night of it. I'm already getting used to not checking my bakery often.
If things go back to the original prices, then I'll probably be back.

rosie080
09-10-12, 05:28 PM
Now I'm just waiting to see what happens next

melby29
09-10-12, 05:49 PM
I've quit. Even if they change the prices back, I will be wary of coming back. I was a gem-buyer, and sad to let go of something that I have paid real money to build up and enjoy, but it is a pointless game now.
I'm satisfying my addiction to baking and needing to check ovens, by playing fairy wood patisserie. Very cute... the complete opposite of my "realistic" bakery but still a bit of fun!

OriginalBlond
09-10-12, 06:07 PM
Who can AFFORD to bake anything?!?!

hertry
09-10-12, 06:22 PM

I think the subject can be better. I dont know it is a vote

melby29
09-10-12, 08:30 PM
I think the subject can be better. I dont know it is a vote

Really?

It does say it's a poll.

I think the OP has done a great job of getting this together.

hertry
09-10-12, 10:34 PM
Really?

It does say it's a poll.

I think the OP has done a great job of getting this together.

It said "what are player doing now", i dont know it is related to the price increase topic until i click into it

melby29
09-10-12, 11:00 PM
It said "what are player doing now", i dont know it is related to the price increase topic until i click into it

Oh. I sorta see your point. I just assumed that since 95% of posts are about the price increases, that "what are you doing now" meant "what are you doing now that the prices have gone up?"

ritz131
09-10-12, 11:21 PM
Not playing any TL game right now and currently searching other games to play in the meantime.

nnfashion
09-11-12, 12:02 AM
i don bake,buy,remove table but still tipping till 14/Friday, if price wont change back. I'll quit n uninstall all TL games

sinc823
09-11-12, 04:03 AM
I voted still play....I used up almost all of my gems just now, going to cook until I loose all my money....
Then I will stop playing....
This is the only way for me to stop playing my most addicted game......
No coin no gem, for sure no more gem buying for me,
This company has made great games, but only to have worst customer service I have ever seen!!!!!!
Never listen to their customers, ignoring requests, way too money greedy!!!!!!!
I have lost faith in them..........

Snapenath
09-11-12, 04:30 AM
Stopped baking, removed my tables.
Still gifting and eventually tipping my 4 star neighbors
And will probably soon delete everyone and the game now I have read poneyroar's answer

amberd83
09-11-12, 07:30 AM
Would like to change my "closed shop" vote to QUIT ALTOGETHER.

angeleyes17
09-11-12, 10:34 AM
I'm tipping/gifting, but the game has lost most of it's appeal. The only thing that's keeping me is the approaching Halloween themes... it's my favorite time of the year, and if they don't fix the pricing dilemma, then I'm going to use the rest of my gems (earned, not bought!) and money to make an amazing Halloween bakery, and then be done with the game for good...

hertry
09-11-12, 11:57 AM
Would like to change my "closed shop" vote to QUIT ALTOGETHER.

Same for me, pls move my count from 2 to 1

pl32585
09-11-12, 12:57 PM
I have quit baking anything or buying anything. I am still tipping and gifting for now. Most likely I will quit the game within the next week. My money was actually going down when I was baking stuff didn't matter that I have a load of food that's selling.

pl32585
09-11-12, 12:59 PM
Totally agree!!!

pl32585
09-11-12, 01:00 PM
whoops meant to reply to someone... lol

hertry
09-11-12, 05:40 PM
I have quit baking anything or buying anything. I am still tipping and gifting for now. Most likely I will quit the game within the next week. My money was actually going down when I was baking stuff didn't matter that I have a load of food that's selling.

Because the speed of selling of food is really slow. This is bacause they said want to keep longevity

MomsHouseofSweets
09-11-12, 06:17 PM
I love Halloween also and hope that there will be some nice themed items that won't cost sooooo many gems. I have quite a few, but have been careful not to use them, holding out for Halloween. If Prices don't go back to what they were and should be, then after I spend everything ... I'll be leaving permanently. Right now, all I do is tip/gift my neighbors collect tips/gifts and read my wall. No baking; no buying anything. I used to love this game!!

ksskss
09-12-12, 07:41 AM
Im not baking or buying anything, but i tip and gift.

sweet_1
09-12-12, 08:03 AM
I voted Closed Shop May Return. I have spent loads of money on TL games and only TL games for the past 2 years. They can look up and see the exact amount and I shudder to even think of the total amount because it's way toooo much for free games. But I didn't mind because it has brought me many hours of fun and even new friends. Ever since the end of 2011 I have sat here and watch the quality of this company go downhill. I was here for the Restaurant incident which a total blackout for all TL games went down and they reverted the changes only to make every new recipe with the new low serving sizes we were upset about. So who won?? They did!! Then the speed up oven gem trap. They see players coming here complaining " I lost my gems" but yet that same player buys more gems. They think well they are still buying gems even though they lose them "Let's make it worse" and then came the speed up all ovens trap. So they see how many players are still buying gems after that they think "Let's try this on Farm" then came the "Tap to Manage" where everywhere you click is a gem trap!! That's when I had enough with giving this company money and them just adding more tricks to get my money. Just so you know TL you got way more of my money when you were an honest company. So just back to how things were run before the end of 2011 and every game you make could be in the top ten!! So I will not log into any TL game until the prices are reverted and if they aren't I will walk away from every game no matter how much I spent and I will have learned a very expensive lesson and no app company will ever get my money.

Looks like you are loosing many of your high paying customers....not smart...

pattisiere
09-12-12, 08:34 AM
Was about to buy gems. Just started playing. Thank god I found these forums. I will not be buying gems ever. I paid too much when I played on zynga. I think these games just trick you into paying way too much money for free games.

TimeForACuppaTea
09-12-12, 10:35 AM
I'm switching to other games. are both great about keeping things priced well and letting you earn gems easily. I'll not ever download another TL/Storm8 game. They've lost a customer forever. I'll warn my friends to stay away too.

shalla666
09-12-12, 11:02 AM
Playing and tipping/gifting, but if I loose more than I earn after a week's time will probably close up. The only big question I have is has everyone who has quit the game put up something on their wall to let people know? One of my biggest problems in all the TL games are ngbs who quit but don't post anything. I hate the idea of deleting someone and it turns out they were sick for a week (it is cold and flu season out here now), and if I decide to close up I will leave a note on my wall.

hertry
09-12-12, 11:24 AM
Playing and tipping/gifting, but if I loose more than I earn after a week's time will probably close up. The only big question I have is has everyone who has quit the game put up something on their wall to let people know? One of my biggest problems in all the TL games are ngbs who quit but don't post anything. I hate the idea of deleting someone and it turns out they were sick for a week (it is cold and flu season out here now), and if I decide to close up I will leave a note on my wall.

You are really a thoughful nbr. One of the good thing of this social game is making good friends there

sweetdrlights
09-12-12, 12:52 PM
Still playing but losing money will decide at the end of the week but right now am leaning towards a temporary closing unless things change...

limesalamander
09-12-12, 01:50 PM
I rated it 1 star out of anger lol
I was really looking forward to expanding the store and decorating it but
now it wants 10,000,000 coins and I'm like...nooooope (Archer reference if anyone watches it lol)

limesalamander
09-12-12, 01:55 PM
And if they were worried about longevity, why not give the option of deleting/restarting so we can keep playing it?
Waiting for the coins to stack up is getting reeeeally boring TeamLava...

ifurita
09-12-12, 04:21 PM
I quit playing, but will return if they revert the price doubling.

It was insulting enough when they more than doubled the extra appliance slot prices, but now it appears that they think we'll buy MORE gems to compensate. Good luck with that, TL, your product isn't that indispensable.

P.s. Do NOT randomly add me. I mean, really, people. Pay attention to the frickin context (read: already peeved).

420diva
09-12-12, 04:30 PM
Although Im still playing I understand those that aren't ....I lost many neighbors and Im hoping they will come back but in the meantime I need neighbors with tables..so if you are still playing and are in need of good neighbors feel free to add me.

totaltechno
09-12-12, 05:01 PM
I'm still playing. Red Velvet Cakes still make OK profit.

26peanut
09-12-12, 07:18 PM
This is wrong. I closed my doors and not baking or buying anything.

retro71
09-12-12, 09:20 PM
Funny about 10 days ago, before this whole mess, I decided (at level 77 & maxed on appliances) to stop cooking and buy various quantities of the specialty ovens to enable faster gem mastering. Besides, I had miriads of food to be sold so I was quite proud of my decision. So..

I stored ovens as recipes finished, and bought about 15 boxes of appliances (at the old price), figuring I had plenty of days to build them until I sold out of existing inventory. I am hopefully finishing the last appliance tomorrow, thanks to my freaking awesome nbrs, and I still have maybe 500,000 of food left to sell.

I had 2.5 mil & had been saving for the 4mil expansion. Ooooh, I was so stoked to finally get to the point in the game where I finally had some spending power building on wealth...but SOMEBODY,SOMEWHERE decided THEY know now to improve play.

After over a week of selling no cooking no buying I only have 3.6 mil and my expansion is now 8 mil.

Thank you my beloved neighbors, you at least helped me to build all of those now useless machines, I appreciate the friendship & real but anonymous like minded players who I've been able to help their bakeries grow, as they have been instrumental in what mine was. Dang, sniff, sniff..tearing up..

I'm letting the rest of inventory sell out just for the last bit of fun, and the bakery goes bankruptcery.

TL you are clueless!!

sweetindah
09-12-12, 10:07 PM
Closed my bakery, not baking, take out all my tables..

tickledtummy
09-13-12, 06:49 PM
stopped buying gems on all 6 (3 devices with RS and BS on each) games that i play. I used to be able to divert real entertainment US dollars to TL because it was fun. Perhaps i would like pinterest or something. TL is getting aggravating and I don't entertain myself by being aggravated. See ya. Going "Entertainment" hunting~!!~

moon331
09-13-12, 08:43 PM
Still playing. But won't buy any gems.

OriginalBlond
09-13-12, 10:26 PM
everytime I try and play BS now, all I get is P.O.'ed. I really wished they would quit running customers off.

Aristodeme
09-14-12, 10:39 AM
I'm no longer baking, still gifting and tipping the many good neighbors I've made although more than a few have left the game and it's taken a toll on how many gifts I receive daily. I still have an inch of hope for this game but it may just go down the drain any minute now. =(

ifurita
09-14-12, 02:54 PM
Change my vote to "quit for good." It's official, PonyRoar said they're not changing prices back.

mhyrgin
09-14-12, 03:28 PM
Still playing, but never buying gems again in any of their games unless something changes for the better.

marrrina
09-14-12, 03:54 PM
Change my vote to "quit for good." It's official, PonyRoar said they're not changing prices back.

Here's more detail of what Pony said for those who don't frequent the price increase thread:

To clarify, making adjustments to the economy improves the longevity of the game. Users need to collect more coins to exchange for in game items or benefits, which makes reaching certain milestones more challenging. For example, the first time you expand is easy. As you progress through expansions, they become more challenging. The same with other aspects of the game, for example decorations. Most folks use the plain white tables starting out, but as they collect more coins, they buy fancier tables to make their Bakery look more interesting. By increasing the coin prices, it takes longer to reach those things, but it improves the long term vision of the game.

Does that help illustrate it better? As previously mentioned, you're welcome to disagree. This isn't a rebuttal to any of the opinions presented, it's a clarification on information I have already shared. :)

GroovyRuss
09-15-12, 12:33 PM
I'm still playing. Red Velvet Cakes still make OK profit.

For me it is the TIME needed to make the needed profit to be able to afford as an example the 60 million expansion.
it would have taken me 2 months now it will take 8. (if I still baked) 2 months was a snails pace but 8 for 1 expansion?

Red velvet cake is perfect example. Takes basically a day to make such a small net profit.

GroovyRuss
09-15-12, 12:37 PM

really... I need to read the feed section i guess. lol i guess change my vote to "quit for good" also
oh well.... lots of cool games out there where the devs listen to their customers.

jtm101
09-15-12, 04:54 PM
I only play to get the daily bonus and tip my loyal nbrs.

I have given up baking and buying decos.

gator_jen
09-15-12, 05:48 PM
I guess I have quit for good as well. I'm so disappointed, but I'm not going to keep playing if I can't progress. Having no opportunity to make a profit and having the cost of anything fun doubled overnight just took the joy out of the game. I almost hit my one year "anniversary" on bakery story but I guess that's long enough for me. Will check back in a few weeks just in case TL has seen the error of their ways.

danityscarlet
09-17-12, 12:53 AM
I just want to know how one day I have goals n then all of the sudden I don't I was doing fine now I've got no goals I am on level 74 how am I gonna get the rest of the stuff unlocked if it just disappeared?

LuigiLandia
09-17-12, 01:13 AM
Not baking anything since TL doubled all prices.
I have so much food & drinks on my counters I could stay open for a couple of years.
Still tipping/gifting/accepting requests.
ABSOLUTELY NOT buying more gems or new items.

joannejoe12
09-17-12, 03:15 AM
I no longer play now i am at level 98 been playing for nearly 2 years, prices are just to high now to even bake anything. Had 2 expansions left which were 20 & 30 million but have now changed to 40 & 60. Put it this way getting to 20 mill was proving hard no chance now, so unless it gets changed back I wont play at all

sehana
09-17-12, 02:49 PM
I'm at a crossroads :(

I hate the price changes and would like them reverted. I am finally at lvl 97, played since the day it was released just after restaurant.
I did stop baking since the prices doubled, but now I may go back to baking as my goal after I reached lvl 97 was to master the recipes.

And being that I now have the responsibility of keeping the site up to date, I can't really just quit.

I was a gem buyer; Even though I haven't bought Gems since the increase in prices for extra appliances, I for sure am not going to be buying gems for this and the rest of the games.

grayangel123
09-17-12, 02:49 PM
I'm still tipping/gifting. Not baking though. What's funny is I have my doors closed but still earn coins. On average I'm earning over 110k in coins without baking. I have many faithful neighbors, I can't leave them. My favorite neighbors have my email address. That way if I decide to quit I can still keep in touch.

ipaddolo
09-17-12, 03:48 PM
im bakin on the last appliance i needed to master all the recipes, the classical bread oven, and the new italian one. Im of course gifting and tipping my nbrs daily. Im NOT buying anymore gems, so i gave up also on the Duck Fountain from the Picnic Box, bah.

altarisse
09-18-12, 01:10 AM
Well, I finally gave in and started playing again. But I'm only baking now for the goals and gifting. Other than that, I'm not doing any more baking than necessary.

filochick1982
09-18-12, 03:38 PM
I'm still baking to master each recipe and earn gems. I'm not too concerned at this point about how much money I make as I don't need it for expansions and I have already purchased most if not all the decorations I want.

yewook21
09-20-12, 08:35 AM
I still tip+gift. After the price changes, I gave up baking for a few days. Then I caved in... I'm baking again, but only for mastering the recipes for gems.

The way I see it, it's a free game, and I haven't spent any real money on it yet, so I might as well claim those gems even if it costs a lot. It's the only way I'll ever get gems [and they'll probably just be taken away from me by another gemtrap anyways..]
Until things are changed, I won't be buying gems.

khadiah
09-26-12, 10:43 AM
Still playing like normal. I don't depended on the gems or spend most of my money to expand or buy too many applicances for faster gameplay. Play this game mostly on my downtime at work. But I do want TL to change on the prices on expansion of property, change prices on foods with little amounts of proposions, lower and update their appliances, i hate the gapping between exp levels to purchase applicances and add more goals! Please fix the glitches and add an option to open and close shop.

LalaSmooth
09-26-12, 01:08 PM
Playing (ish)

GroovyRuss
09-26-12, 02:30 PM
i decided to reach level 100 and stop playing. (almost 99 now) I have 17 million coin so i can just go after XP
and forget about the rest of it. My only other goal was to max expand but it would take years now
instead of months so the game no longer hold much interested with me.

bebe256
09-26-12, 07:13 PM
I was originally only tipping/gifting, but now I'm pretty much playing like before, although I haven't been buying many items from the store. My bakery has expanded enough (not as much as I originally would've liked, but w/e) so that I can change layouts if I want, and I have enough coins to continue baking and mastering for gems. I'm really only cooking to master/get gems to open boxes. The new Halloween goals are up, but I can't decide if I really want to spend millions of coins for a reward of 1450 coins :\ I might purchase all the new ovens and keep them, then after I master most of the regular oven stuff, I'll move to mastering recipes on the other ovens.

cleodux
09-26-12, 07:25 PM
Still playing as usual, the new Halloween goal is like daylight robbery. But since i am a goals freak, going to do it T_T
Dont know what tl is thinking. Do they think that we are going to spend gems to buy coins?

frozendelitexD
09-27-12, 04:52 AM
Not doing the goals at all. They are meaningless and of no challenge -- all you need to do is to spend your hard earned coins on them. And the rewards provided are peanuts. So good luck to those who attempts the goals.

trm930
09-27-12, 11:00 AM
At first I was tipping and gifting but I don't have it in me to even do that everyday before the price hike. I'll once an while visit my bakery to respond back to messages that were left on my wall but nothing more really.
I'm thinking TL increased the prices so that once Cafe Story comes out players of Bakery and Restaurant Story will play it. When Cafe Story becomes a high rated popular Story game I think that's when TL will hopefully revert things back to the way they once were. This is all in theory. But like what most people were saying, the price update TL did doesn't make sense in the long run.
For now I'm going to wait, I still have my bakery and tons of food on my tables. I've put a lot of time into this game so it is difficult to let it go.

Gypsy_Cat
09-27-12, 11:09 AM
I'm at a crossroads :(

I hate the price changes and would like them reverted. I am finally at lvl 97, played since the day it was released just after restaurant.
I did stop baking since the prices doubled, but now I may go back to baking as my goal after I reached lvl 97 was to master the recipes.

And being that I now have the responsibility of keeping the site up to date, I can't really just quit.

I was a gem buyer; Even though I haven't bought Gems since the increase in prices for extra appliances, I for sure am not going to be buying gems for this and the rest of the games.

A-freaking-men! I feel exactly the same way. For the first 2 weeks I put all my appliances away and only tipped/gifted. Now I'm baking again but not buying any decor items. It makes me sick to my stomach because this was always my favorite of all the story games. All of the fun has been sucked out of it for me. I was so looking forward to the Halloween theme but I can't even enjoy that. I'm also going to keep baking to master the recipes and will T/G my neighbors but I will no longer buy gems in this or any of the other story games.

cakeandpie
09-27-12, 12:44 PM
Still playing like normal; I have over 43 million coins (loooong time player) and I do not want to expand, so price increases mean nothing to me. For many months now I have basically just been playing to master recipes and buy whatever new decor I like. I haven't done much of a redesign for a long time.

moda999
09-27-12, 01:07 PM
My heart isn't in it anymore. Can't afford to bake or decorate. The baking is a real problem without making money. If it was fixed I would be happy to use gems again to decorate with special items.

rosie080
09-27-12, 01:50 PM
I'm thinking TL increased the prices so that once Cafe Story comes out players of Bakery and Restaurant Story will play it. When Cafe Story becomes a high rated popular Story game I think that's when TL will hopefully revert things back to the way they once were. This is all in theory. But like what most people were saying, the price update TL did doesn't make sense in the long run.

That's a good point, I haven't thought about that. That should give players who are holding out some hope for the prices to drop.

At the moment I'm still playing, there isn't much I can do right now.

AnnasCoffee
09-27-12, 02:26 PM
I'm thinking TL increased the prices so that once Cafe Story comes out players of Bakery and Restaurant Story will play it. When Cafe Story becomes a high rated popular Story game I think that's when TL will hopefully revert things back to the way they once were.

Cafe Story? I thought Pony Roar said there wasn't going to be a new variation of the game.

marrrina
09-27-12, 02:30 PM
Cafe Story? I thought Pony Roar said there wasn't going to be a new variation of the game.

Pony Roar most definitely said Bakery wasn't being phased out for a new game.

filochick1982
09-27-12, 03:18 PM
Still playing like normal; I have over 43 million coins (loooong time player) and I do not want to expand, so price increases mean nothing to me. For many months now I have basically just been playing to master recipes and buy whatever new decor I like. I haven't done much of a redesign for a long time.

I'm in the same boat as you, albeit with less coins. I was happy to buy gems to expand though, but I knew from the very beginning I always wanted to biggest bakery size available (bigger is always better :D) and was happy to pay for the privilege if it came to that. I do realise I'm probably in the minority. I'm the only person in my group of neighbours with the largest bakery size (out of 430 neighbours). I'm baking to master recipes as well. Currently trying to master all 8 hour recipes across all appliances til today when I decided to master the mummy cupcake which is 9 hours. I figure, I can always go back and master the 8 hour recipes but given the mummy cupcake is probably a limited edition recipe, I'm going to earn the 2 free gems while it's available!

chewytwix
09-27-12, 03:40 PM
There are no limited edition recipe. There were some recipe locked out but they were the goals from either from Valentine's or Christmas

filochick1982
09-27-12, 07:39 PM
There are no limited edition recipe. There were some recipe locked out but they were the goals from either from Valentine's or Christmas

Exactly. I don't want the Halloween recipes to be 'locked' before I have a chance to master them. The Halloween version will soon get replaced by the Christmas version, I imagine, but then the halloween recipes will probably be locked.

cr4zy_eights
09-27-12, 08:34 PM
If everyone stopped playing, they would fix it.

melby29
09-27-12, 08:50 PM
Wow, poll is really saying something, I wonder if TL are listening. Only ONE FIFTH of players are still playing "like normal". The rest are playing DIFFERENTLY which, I assume, means they are NOT buying gems. I wish there was an option to say "Playing pretty much like normal, but now buying more gems cos I need them to expand". Just to see what a great big fat ZERO looks like on the poll.

77.32% of players are no longer buying the gems they used to.

OUCH!

Was it worth it, TL?

Who exactly did you create longevity for?

ButterPanda
09-28-12, 05:21 PM
At first I was tipping and gifting but I don't have it in me to even do that everyday before the price hike. I'll once an while visit my bakery to respond back to messages that were left on my wall but nothing more really.
For now I'm going to wait, I still have my bakery and tons of food on my tables. I've put a lot of time into this game so it is difficult to let it go.

Pony Roar most definitely said Bakery wasn't being phased out for a new game.

There are no plans for any "Cafe Story".

rockthistown
09-28-12, 07:37 PM
I'm actually getting really busy and not checking it as much, but hopefully over the weekend I'll be able to bake some more and when my quarter break comes up.

cleodux
09-28-12, 10:55 PM
I think i give updoing the hallowen goal. Its getting out of control. How man6 more counter do you want us tobuy !!!