PDA

View Full Version : GIFTS and GEMS

Unregistered
11-23-10, 11:49 AM
I am new to the game. I have been told recently that I have been given a gift. How do I find out what that gift is? How do I send a gift to someone? Also, I cannot add gems no matter what I do. Is this a glitch in my app? How do I earn gems?

Unregistered
11-23-10, 12:23 PM
Hiya!

How do I find out what that gift is?
If you are at your farm, there should be an icon that looks like a present with a bow and it says "gifts". There will be a number there too, showing how many gifts you have. Click the present and it will take you to the "News Feed" screen and you'll see the gift and two buttons to "Accept" or "Decline.

How do I send a gift to someone?
If you have some neighbours (and you should if you are receiving gifts), from your farm screen click the icon that looks like a folder and says "Menu". Click "Social". Click the tab that says "Neighbors".

From the Neighbor screen you will see all your neighbours and buttons by them saying "Gift" or "Visit". Click the "Gift" button to send them a gift. You'll be able to pick what you would like to send (White Chicken, Dog Bowl, etc).

[/QUOTE]Also, I cannot add gems no matter what I do. Is this a glitch in my app? [/QUOTE]
You can BUY gems. As in your account will be charged real money to purchase gems. If you opt to do this, you get to the screen from the store menu.

If you have tried to add gems and have been refused it is possible the in-app purchase is turned off on your device. Presumably for a reason and it's not a glitch.

[/QUOTE]How do I earn gems?[/QUOTE]
Sometimes there are promotions where you will be prompted to download another application and if you do this and then open the application, your FS will be credited gems. The other way is to plant & harvest crops. When you are planting crops you'll notice a small leaf above the crop. As you plant & harvest enough of the crop, you will gain a leaf. After gaining two leaves, you get one gem.

Happy Farming!

Unregistered
11-24-10, 10:38 PM
I am new also, I received a tree and clicked on "ACCEPT". Now I am ready to put it on my farm and I dont know how to do that or where my tree went. Can someone please help me. I have on been playing for 2 days and I dont understand how to use my gifts.

Unregistered
11-25-10, 12:06 AM
I am new also, I received a tree and clicked on "ACCEPT". Now I am ready to put it on my farm and I dont know how to do that or where my tree went. Can someone please help me. I have on been playing for 2 days and I dont understand how to use my gifts.

The tree (and any other gifts you receive in the future) can be found in your inventory. Tap on "tools" in the bottom right hand corner, then tap on "edit". Then on the bottom left hand corner is a blue icon with inventory on it, tap on that. Your tree should be in there.

Unregistered
11-26-10, 06:48 AM
I am now at level 14 and have extented my farm to 14x14 with 12 Neighbors. I this time i earned 0 Gems.
How many leafs i need to get gems?

Unregistered
11-26-10, 07:13 AM
I am now at level 14 and have extented my farm to 14x14 with 12 Neighbors. I this time i earned 0 Gems.
How many leafs i need to get gems?

1. You cannot earn gems when you extend your farm
2. You need to reach leaf level 2 to earn 1 gem. I have never counted but i would say that you need to plant and harvest a crop 3000x to get there. You'll see the leaf level at the top of each crop picture in the store.
Try starting with rasberry, it's fast to grow, and if you have an hour or so to do only that, you'll see how quickly you'll be there.
NB the inconvenience with rasberry is that you get no xp when you plant, only when you plow...

Hope that helped.

Unregistered
11-26-10, 10:40 PM
So, my farm is still 14x14. That means i never will get gems?? Than i have to quit, right??

Unregistered
11-26-10, 11:02 PM
So, my farm is still 14x14. That means i never will get gems?? Than i have to quit, right??

You are not being very clear about your problem.

You dont have to quit. When you plant crops you increase your mastery (the leaves). When you get your second leaf you will get a gem. It takes time and patience to earn them this way, so if you want to earn gems just keep planting all of your farm with the same over and over until you get your gem for that plant, and then choose another plant and focus on that one until you get the gem for it. I have never brought gems, so I know from personal experience that you can play the game without them.

I hope this helps, and if it doesn't help just try to explain you situation a little better.

Unregistered
12-02-10, 09:26 PM
After the update i could see a different leafbar. Before the was no movement in this. So after planting a lot of crops there was no leaf and the bar was at the beginning. After the update i recognized some leafs and the bars are on different places. So its working now.
Thanks for your help!