PDA

View Full Version : Thread for those still playing bakery.

expressW
09-10-12, 12:03 AM
While I don't agree with TL hiking prices without strategy, I have spent too much $$ on thus game to quit.

Hence, this thread will be for those remaining players to discuss how to make $$ in the new environment.

I am a gem buyer, so mastering for gems is not important for me. I just like to be coin rich and I have still made 500k in the last few days by baking red velvet cakes, candy corn muffins and lattes. Before the changes, I used to make 700k to 1mil a week by selling just red velvets, I guess instead of earning 150k per batch per day I now earn 100k, which is ok for me.
My breakdown is 3 drink machines, 3 candy ovens and the rest are normal ovens.

Anyone found other foods which make them money?

tessika
09-10-12, 12:47 AM
I'm still here.. Make about 200K every day... Right now I spend all my ovens by making Pumpkin Pie.. Not that expensive... Plan to do so for 10 days more.. Will master it by then =). Have over 600 000 plates of other food to serve at least..

lilacpear
09-10-12, 01:44 AM
My bakery is open and I'm still selling my stock, but I'm not cooking any recipes nor am I purchasing any new items until this is resolved one way or the other.

If the prices remain doubled by the time I've sold all my food, I will simply store all my ovens, tables, chairs, etc, and delete the app.

If the prices are returned to normalcy, I will resume playing as I did before this mess.

Either way, I will not purchase any gems from this company, as they have behaved in a way that I consider to be untrustworthy. I'm sane enough not to just toss my money into a bottomless pit of want.

-lp

tessika
09-10-12, 02:06 AM
@expressW, I guess I'm still earning that because I'm not baking so much.. The pumpkin pie takes 2 day, So I just load 12 ovens every second day =)

jikan
09-10-12, 03:36 AM
i'm baking red velvet cakes on all 18 ovens. the recipes that takes a day or two to cook have the highest profit. you might also want to try fecsuper's or groovyruss' layouts. they've basically put the register, tables and chairs as close to the door as possible.

filochick1982
09-10-12, 03:43 AM
If you're a gem buyer, why not just buy 100 gems so you can use those gems to buy 2.4 million coins if you're only goal is to be coin rich?

While I don't agree with TL hiking prices without strategy, I have spent too much $$ on thus game to quit.

Hence, this thread will be for those remaining players to discuss how to make $$ in the new environment.

I am a gem buyer, so mastering for gems is not important for me. I just like to be coin rich and I have still made 500k in the last few days by baking red velvet cakes, candy corn muffins and lattes. Before the changes, I used to make 700k to 1mil a week by selling just red velvets, I guess instead of earning 150k per batch per day I now earn 100k, which is ok for me.
My breakdown is 3 drink machines, 3 candy ovens and the rest are normal ovens.

Anyone found other foods which make them money?

minidemon88
09-10-12, 03:51 AM
How about molten lava cake? I remember this recipe give high profit too.

edie62
09-10-12, 06:39 AM
What has really got on my wick the past few days is that, I too am a gem buyer and I have missed two 30% sales because they come up in ? rather than $ and when I tried to buy them it came up that my device was unable to make an in app purchas. I went over and tried on my Fashion Story and it worked fine. Ive never had this problem before. Do TL care what we say and if we play or not, I wonder.

medonnabp
09-10-12, 07:50 AM
AGAIN... This thread is for those still baking... I bake the valentine's day cookies & the sugar cookies as well as the red velvet cake. Cappuccino & the love potion pay well too.

LynnStorm8
09-10-12, 07:55 AM
Hello Still-Playing Bakers,

I would like to express my gratitude
in your choice to continue playing :pirat:

You're merely sacrificing YOUR coins proving
EVERYBODY WHO OBJECTS TO THE PRICE HIKE
CORRECT:
That expansion wil be at a snail's pace
without buying Gems.

Thank you yet again.

Peace.

AnnasCoffee
09-10-12, 08:09 AM
It would take HOURS of effort to answer your question. To figure out which dishes make the most profit, you would have to create a spreadsheet with every dish... You would need to include cost, #of serving, hours to cook, price per plate, etc. There are over a hundred dishes (I think).

Sehana already created a spreadsheet but now all her work is useless..(I don't think she should feel obligated to make another one).

And even if someone did all that work... You are barely going to make any profits... AND your food isn't going to sell fast enough... You will end up LOSING coins everyday.

And finally... I like math... I WOULD create a new spreadsheet except for three reasons...

1. they will probably just change all the prices again in two or three weeks.
2. I don't think I can enter all those numbers into a spreadsheet with this KNIFE IN MY BACK.
3. I just don't care that much anymore.

almondieeyez
09-10-12, 08:11 AM
I am currently still baking, though I do not invest $$ to buy gems in this game, mastering recipes is the only way to go for me. I yet to master all the recipes to just settle down for the best return dishes. Even so, with just 4 juciers, 3 mixers, 4 candy ovens, 3 ovens, and 4 bread ovens (these are the only appliances that have not reach mastery in all dishes), after the price increase I do make about $150-$200K every day or two. I never took notice how much I made prior to the increase.To achieve this I block my door to achieve the quick sell method and sell all my food in one shot. I don't mind having empty counters for like 2-3 hours cuz I know it usually will get filled up again very soon. I have about 5-8 counters in my shop.

AnnasCoffee
09-10-12, 08:13 AM
Good luck to any one who wants to keep baking... It's your choice. I just think its going to cause you more frustration that up you realize. Your not going to get anywhere. Like I said... I like math... I've been playing this game a long time. I've looked at the new numbers, and with the SLOW rate that food sells... You are going to be LOSING money daily.

lin77
09-10-12, 08:33 AM
You can keep playing and still make money. The players who have a lot of appliances are the ones who will hurt the most by this change. So you might have to store some appliances and cook on just a few.....Just enough to keep up with demand and nothing more. Overnight last night I made almost 195,000 coins in about 11 hrs. I have 20 appliances I will store some if I have too. Those who have tons of food can stop cooking for awhile and just let their money build. Then when you get low then start cooking again...but only enough to meet demands.

Also change your layout so peeps don't have far to walk. The fewer steps they take the faster you will get money! Try groovyruss's layout...this works! We will survive this ridiculous price gouge, if its not reversed players will have to individually make a decision to play or not. But I don't think its right for those who did quit to give those still playing grief! Its just a game. I have spend a lot of money on this game. But I wont anymore...in any of my games! They lost a paying customer. Now I will have to change my gameplay in order to stay afloat. It can be done though.

RoseMiti
09-10-12, 08:41 AM
Not playing anymore but these are things I realized:

The number of dishes sold in a minute is evenly distributed between the counters you have. I don't know what happens if you have more than 30 counters because I never had that much, lol. The 30 counters threshold is due to the average you can sell by minute. Using fecs/groovy's layouts will raise this number but the distribution is even anyway.

So I think if you want to maximize profits you should place the red velvets in various counters if you are baking different dishes, to sell more of it and get more coins per minute. Or any of those that sell for more than 4 coins. And use those layouts referred above.

Poetic_Soul
09-10-12, 09:07 AM
If you are still baking there is one thing I believe you need to take into consideration. That is the amount of food that was in your Bakery before the price hike. That food will still give you a descent profit. You will not really notice the change in profit because of this. And that is why I believe most players are still playing. Once you clear all the counters of old food. And start cooking from scratch (nothing on your counters) you will notice that the actual profit will have dropped. Yea you still might see 200k a day but that is not your profit. You still have to minus the cost of your food. Those are the numbers that TL doesn't show you in your daily sales. Also you no longer are receiving a Daily Bonus for playing the game every day.

lin77
09-10-12, 09:19 AM
If you are still baking there is one thing I believe you need to take into consideration. That is the amount of food that was in your Bakery before the price hike. That food will still give you a descent profit. You will not really notice the change in profit because of this. And that is why I believe most players are still playing. Once you clear all the counters of old food. And start cooking from scratch (nothing on your counters) you will notice that the actual profit will have dropped. Yea you still might see 200k a day but that is not your profit. You still have to minus the cost of your food. Those are the numbers that TL doesn't show you in your daily sales. Also you no longer are receiving a Daily Bonus for playing the game every day.

I got a daily bonus today it was a little over 5,000. Maybe it depends what version or device you play on.

Poetic_Soul
09-10-12, 09:36 AM
I got a daily bonus today it was a little over 5,000. Maybe it depends what version or device you play on.

Okay good to know. I am on android and haven't gotten a Daily Bonus in BS or RS since the price hikes. So yea might be the version or device or another glitch.

almondieeyez
09-10-12, 09:51 AM
Okay good to know. I am on android and haven't gotten a Daily Bonus in BS or RS since the price hikes. So yea might be the version or device or another glitch.

I play on two devices ipad and android phone. I still get daily bonuses on ipad but not on android after the update. Hopefully this issue is on TL's TO DO/AWARE OF list that will be fixed as the weeks go by.

bleuchiffon
09-10-12, 10:32 AM
I moved my tables & chair closer to the door and reduced the chairs to 20. It works well. I get around 40 - 60 k per night.

lin77
09-10-12, 10:39 AM
I moved my tables & chair closer to the door and reduced the chairs to 20. It works well. I get around 40 - 60 k per night.

I made 190,000 last night...in 10-11 hr period! Try leaving ur game run open all night long! U'll make more! :)

queentina3
09-10-12, 10:42 AM
I made 190,000 last night...in 10-11 hr period! Try leaving ur game run open all night long! U'll make more! :)

Not if the people are using iOS they won't. In BS regular and BS World Games there is a bug on the iOS version that if you leave your game open your customers dwindle down to 3-4 at the most, so leaving it open actually hurts your bottom line, it doesn't help it.

lin77
09-10-12, 10:45 AM
Not if the people are using iOS they won't. In BS regular and BS World Games there is a bug on the iOS version that if you leave your game open your customers dwindle down to 3-4 at the most, so leaving it open actually hurts your bottom line, it doesn't help it.

Oh yes....I have heard groovyruss say this b4. :)

frozendelitexD
09-10-12, 11:02 AM

If you have updated BS on your android and have the loretta goals, that means you have the most updated BS and which also does without the daily bonus. I have 2 androids so I did the comparison. If you did not update, you would not have the goals, but still get the daily bonus. Price increases, however, affects you whichever version you are from.

expressW
09-10-12, 07:19 PM
Back on topic.
The longer time foods make more profit but they are not equal, you need to make foods which have higher per plate profit, as someone said previously, plates are sold off the counters evenly, if you make all egg tarts then you will only earn 2.3 a plate compared to red velvets which still earn you 7 per plate.
Because the number of plates for red velvets are so low, I find that I can sell out of food everyday still. So for those who keep complaining that food sells slowly and I will make a loss.... I have no idea what you are talking about.
I had 20.1 million last week on Thursday/Friday and now have 21mil.
I had no food on my counters because I was playing dragon story and hadn't baked in weeks.

expressW
09-10-12, 07:25 PM
Auto correct fail- I meant its nobody else's business if a person continues to play or not.

And to the person on page 1 who asked why I don't spend 100 to buy 2.4 milcoins, I could spend 10,000 and have 240,000,000... What's your point? I want to be coin rich by earning the coins myself.

sweetstuff525
09-10-12, 07:28 PM
I'm now back to cooking to master my recipes.. But closed doors... And then opening to get quick sale..... But yes I was at 4 mil coins and just cooking went down to 3.5 mil or less ... But reopened got quick sell and got 4.7 mil..... But most was of counters I had before

But if you just cook and let them buy at their slow pace you will loose money until you sell the food

filochick1982
09-10-12, 07:31 PM
That was me :D

What is my point? I thought I made it clear. If you are happy to pay for gems in the first place, why beat yourself up over earning coins, strategising, etc? The whole idea behind earning coins and doing it 'the hard way', is because you DON'T want to spend money on gems to buy the coins in the first place.

To me, it doesn't seem logical you are willing to pay for gems to buy stuff you can only buy with gems, but you would rather do the hard yards earning coins, when you can also use gems to buy coins?

Auto correct fail- I meant its nobody else's business if a person continues to play or not.

And to the person on page 1 who asked why I don't spend 100 to buy 2.4 milcoins, I could spend 10,000 and have 240,000,000... What's your point? I want to be coin rich by earning the coins myself.

333paddington
09-10-12, 07:31 PM
I'm still playing as per usual, I still have a load of recipes not even started yet. I have $11 million plus, so am not worried about the prices.

I like to play with a small list of nbrs, so use gems to expand if I need, which I don't need to, just kept to a good enough size.

I'm a happy baker.

420diva
09-10-12, 07:33 PM
@ExpressW
Thats what I decided to do (make the foods that take a longer time) I used to check in on my bakery a lot more than I do now but since I don't make the recipes with the shorter times anymore I find myself spending more time on my other TL games but my bakery is still making a profit just not as much as before. Also Im now back searching for neighbors..trying to find others that are still playing.
As far as gem purchase I decided if its something I want Ill buy them if not I won't but Im going to keep playing because Ive invested both time and money into my games.

333paddington
09-10-12, 07:34 PM
If anyone still playing has lost a lot of nbrs, like me, and would like to join me, please feel free.

expressW
09-10-12, 07:35 PM
I have not found that I have that problem to be honest. Has anyone proven that it is actually slowed down and that plates per day is less? I run out of food everyday baking just velvet cakes and candy corn muffins, so I am still selling at least 23,000 plates a day.

I think maybe you may lose money initially, but after you start making high profit foods that sell fast, you will make profits again.

420diva
09-10-12, 07:39 PM
Sorry i didn't answer the question...lol..ok Im baking candy corn muffins ,L'amour special,Shamrock cookies, Empire State cookies and Liberty cookies. Oh yea and Ocean Blasts make a nice profit imo.

sweetstuff525
09-10-12, 07:44 PM
I'm not going to expand when I get enough coins.. Hopefully they will eventually change back the prices to fully expand I need 130mil with their doubled prices..

Tl you need to Change your prices back .. I've read you iTunes reviews a Let me tell you they are bad ( including mine 1 star)

420diva
09-10-12, 07:47 PM
I have not found that I have that problem to be honest. Has anyone proven that it is actually slowed down and that plates per day is less? I run out of food everyday baking just velvet cakes and candy corn muffins, so I am still selling at least 23,000 plates a day.

I think maybe you may lose money initially, but after you start making high profit foods that sell fast, you will make profits again.

I don't think anyone has proven that Im not sure I think I might make less now because I spend less time there..I was trying to level up so I spent a lot of time in my bakery but now since my recipes take longer to get done I really don't have much to do after I finish tipping and gifting everyone.

420diva
09-10-12, 07:49 PM
If anyone still playing has lost a lot of nbrs, like me, and would like to join me, please feel free.

Im in the same boat..... I hope you don't mind ..I invited you.

expressW
09-10-12, 07:54 PM
That was me :D

What is my point? I thought I made it clear. If you are happy to pay for gems in the first place, why beat yourself up over earning coins, strategising, etc? The whole idea behind earning coins and doing it 'the hard way', is because you DON'T want to spend money on gems to buy the coins in the first place.

To me, it doesn't seem logical you are willing to pay for gems to buy stuff you can only buy with gems, but you would rather do the hard yards earning coins, when you can also use gems to buy coins?

Ok, I understand your question now. There are many facets to the game. For me, enjoyment is playing daily and seeing how much money I can earn and being coin rich in game. Buying coins is *****ing.
On the other hand, I like having a pretty bakery as well, but I don't want to compromise my goal of being coin rich by being forced to master foods just to earn gems to but pretty things, hence I just buy gems when I want something.

andyman4u
09-10-12, 08:43 PM
My plan is to sell my millions of plates of food as quickly as I can, using neither GroovyRuss nor Fecs as the answer.

I reckon I can sell 6,000,000 plates in.... hmmmm.... 100 days? Or 10 minutes?

That way I will be rolling in cash and the new prices won't bother me.

PeppermintZoe
09-10-12, 09:30 PM
I only make the recipes I have not mastered... and wait for new recipes... not cooking anything with the free ovens
I have not fully expanded my bakery and don't find the need to...
Just let the food sells and see how it goes...
If TL keeps the new price, i might leave the game for good... no more fun anymore...

bestrest777
09-11-12, 04:06 AM
I am still playing but I have to be honest, it just isn't the same. If I am going to make any money at all, I'll have to stop cooking. And that takes all of the enjoyment from the game. The way it is, I earn about 25,000 and then spend about that much to cook. It would take lifetimes to reach my next expansion which now cost 20 million. It makes me sad as this was a way to relax after teaching a long day. I am really thinking that people who are committed to playing now, such as me,, are going to lose interest too. I used to look forward to opening the game to see what I would cook next.

Sad........

doodpatch
09-11-12, 05:33 AM
My Strategy is to always look at my daily gift amount. Then I never use more than that amount when choosing which recipes to make for the day. At least I break even that way.

mymummy789
09-11-12, 05:39 AM
I am still playing. To be honest I have never paid much attention to how much I earn, I just pick a bake to suit the time I can come back or concentrate on mastering something if I am going to be around all day. I have so much food out on counters at the moment that it will probably be a long time before I notice any difference.

I hope the game doesn't change as BS has always been my favourite of the TL games.

bom1972
09-11-12, 06:28 AM
I am still playing but kind of bored about all games so i just cooking and sending gift to nbrs but not clear table nor visit anyone. I did cook red valvet couple months ago but now i am cooking apple cider, 10 coins 16 hrs, and ginger cookies 8 coins 6 hrs. i calculated in Excel (from previous food cost). This combination works best for my bakery, 24 appliance. I have 4 counters, 3 for apple cider and 1 for cookies, or sometimes i put cappuccino from my gift to 1 counter and 1 for cookies, 2 for apple cider. I earn about 400k everyday but cost is higher since food cost was recently adjusted.

Red valvet takes much longer than apple cider but give 2 more coins, not maximize the revenue per day. Its good if you have too many appliances so you can cook adequate quantity per day.

I also learnt that no of counter affects no. Of food taken by customer and so does the revenue. If you have 4 counters and put 2 ciders and 2 cookies, your customers will take both menu equally and your average revenue per plate is 9 coins. If you put 3 for ciders and 1 for cookies, your customer will take 3 ciders and 1 cookie so your average revenue is 9.5 coins.

Anyone has other strategy?

bom1972
09-11-12, 06:29 AM
Sorry, rvv give 12 coins so it is 4 coins higher than appli cider.

almondieeyez
09-11-12, 10:37 AM
Been cooking 3/4 hrs dishes today without doing any quicksell method and left the food on the counter to sell normally. My hard earn cash numbers practically stayed around the same range of numbers, just off by plus minus $5000. A previous player got it right, in order to earn $$ that would be noticeable, you will need to stop cooking for awhile or cook longer time recipes so that the food on your counters have time to sell. AND the amount of $$ u get from selling MUST BE > the amount of $ you spend to place the next batch of dishes on your appliances. I guess I am will be relying on quicksell method from now on until I accumulate a decent amount of money on hand to the point which I dont feel "poor" all the time.

totaltechno
09-11-12, 05:41 PM
What's the best food to make at lv 18 now?

argentina718
09-11-12, 06:47 PM
Red Velvelt Cake, Sugar Cookies and Latte are the top 3 recipes that will give the most profit.....my friend told when she did it for all the recipes!....hope this helps!

mochalici0us
09-11-12, 07:50 PM
I am now mastering my recipes to get the gems, and as far as I see, to get to my next expansion 14M, is nearly impossible. I am still playing, if anyone needs a neighbour, feel free to add me.

filochick1982
09-11-12, 07:56 PM
I've been mastering recipes since Day 1 to get the gems. You're effectively getting 2 free gems per recipe, so in my opinion, it's worth the effort. I only bought gems to expand my bakery as I had no patience to save that many gems for expansions and I also felt like the limited edition items were the ones worth saving gems for.

maddjess
09-11-12, 09:06 PM
I'm now back to cooking to master my recipes.. But closed doors... And then opening to get quick sale..... But yes I was at 4 mil coins and just cooking went down to 3.5 mil or less ... But reopened got quick sell and got 4.7 mil..... But most was of counters I had before

But if you just cook and let them buy at their slow pace you will loose money until you sell the food
Just FYI, but this quick sale is a fluke, it doesn't work for everybody.

expressW
09-11-12, 10:52 PM
I am still making money. profits are down from 200k to 150k but that's ok... Money was too easy originally anyway. I am not making a loss and all week I have only seen money go up still. I think people need to get over their anger, and give it a try.

Tip- you need to sell off old food which earns 2 or 4 a plate first, otherwise you will make a loss initially.

filochick1982
09-11-12, 11:03 PM
Yep. I am still making money as evidenced by my bakery pic below. No I didn't buy any of my coins - just been patiently waiting for all my food to sell. I think people lack patience and want everything NOW.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8439/7978105490_2aa90ca1fd_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/63007846@N07/7978105490/)
photo.PNG (http://www.flickr.com/photos/63007846@N07/7978105490/) by Shoeaholic-2891 (http://www.flickr.com/people/63007846@N07/), on Flickr

melby29
09-11-12, 11:12 PM
Tip- you need to sell off old food which earns 2 or 4 a plate first, otherwise you will make a loss initially.

And how exactly do you do that?

filochick1982
09-12-12, 01:14 AM
I think where a lot of people go wrong is they want the fanciest decorations and appliances from the very start. Of course you will never make decent money doing it that way if you want everything straight away. I've seen some bakeries that are only on Level 20 and they have some really fancy decor. I didn't decorate my bakery 'properly' until I was on level 60 something. I waited until I had a decent amount of coins before I splurged and even then I only had the most basic white tables and chairs until I earned enough coins to purchase the expensive tables I wanted to decorate my entire bakery. It's all about delayed gratification.

expressW
09-12-12, 01:16 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person to state making money in Bakery is easy. If you read fecs or groovyruss threads you will find there were people making 400-500k per DAY. They had extra ovens, but if you only have 18 ovens like me then, max profit was probably 200-300k. With rise in baking costs, my net is only 150k which is still more than what I earn in other stories.
I do think that 30 or 60 million is too much for max expansions though, but i guess they had to make something hard!

To sell out all your food, I guess you can attempt a quick sell, deliberately store your food to make it go away, leave it to sell slowly or just bear it and grin it, make a loss for awhile until your counters are full of high per plate foods.

LalaSmooth
09-12-12, 01:33 AM
my cafe will never be as big as that :( stupid price raise.

melby29
09-12-12, 01:58 AM
I know you think we are being mean, but I genuinely want to know if your philosophies will work. And I'm a maths person, so I need to understand the maths.

Firstly - how do you plan on making the 2 and 4 sell before the rest? As far as I know, there is no way to do this.

Second, can you please tell me how you get to be making 150k per day profit?

If I were your BS accountant, then I would advise you to keep in mind that it is CASHFLOW that is important in keeping your business alive, NOT "profit".

You may actually be sitting on a couple of millions of dollars worth of food - say, 500,000 plates that will sell for 4 coins. There is 2M coins right there. But you also probably paid 1M for them, so from an accounting point of view this is 1M coins PROFIT.

However, until it actually sells it is of no use to you. You need to to sell it to make cash, because TL won't be giving you a loan when you run out.

In the short term, the way to maximise your cash flow would be to just sell and not bake. Then you have nil expenses and lots of income. But that is not sustainable, because eventually you will run out of food.

What combination of food are you cooking at the moment?

filochick1982
09-12-12, 02:07 AM
Melby, of course the trick is to just sell and not bake so you have no outgoings. So once your food is all sold and you've made some money, you can use some of that to bake and make your counters full again and the rest to spend on whatever you like, or in my case, save. Then you repeat the process of just selling and no baking.

hertry
09-12-12, 02:20 AM
Just sell and not cook, not deco, not expand, wow, what an interesting game.
May be you can consider just tips and collect tips, and just sell cappuccino. If this is fun enough please go ahead

expressW
09-12-12, 02:35 AM
Well, I don't know I'd its my game but I sell out of food daily. Before you can sell 45,000 plates a day, maybe with the slower rate you can sell so many now but I am 100% sure you can sell more than 25,000 plates as that's max food I produce.

Stats on how I make 150,000 per day net profit.

Red velvet cake current
cost to bake: 6100.
Total gross profits: 14,700
Total net profit : 8600
Number of plates per batch: 1225
Total net profit per plate: 7

If you crank 18 ovens of red velvet per day, you get 154,800 net profit.
( 1225x 8600)

If the total plates of food you could sell per day still = 45,000, then you could still be making 315,000 net profit. But to make max profit you need around 36 ovens.

If you just make red velvets then you don't need to wait for it to sell out. It just will.

expressW
09-12-12, 02:38 AM
Oops, I am 100% sure I can sell 22,000 plates per day, not 25,000.

expressW
09-12-12, 02:42 AM
Forgot to answer the cash flow part.

6,100 per batch x 18 ovens = 109,800 cost to bake
14,700 profit x 18 ovens = 264,600 gross profit

264,600. - 109,800 = 154, 800 net profit.

As for guaranteed sellout if red velvets per day it just does, you can choose not to believe but its true.

melby29
09-12-12, 03:01 AM
So you stop baking until all your food is sold. Then, you put more food on. You need to keep up with demand.

Even with the price hike, the most profitable food you can make is still red velvet cake. The profit per serve is 7 coins (it used to be 9.5 coins)

You can make 1.1 batches per oven per day. That is 1347 plates per day. For each oven you have, the MAXIMUM profit you can make per day is 9,429 coins per oven.

So, with 18 ovens, the MOST profit you can make in a day is 169,722 coins, provided you sell all 24,246 plates.

If your demand is greater than 24,246 plates per day, you would need to pay 49 gems for each extra oven you need to turn out enough food. That is 49 gems for an appliance that gives you 9,429 coins per day.

If you happened to have 49 gems spare, that's great. But for 49 gems, you could nearly buy 1.2M coins in the design tab (also know as Gem Trap Tab). That's the same as 127 days of profit from that appliance. That's more than 4 months.

If you actually had 80 gems, you could buy an entire expansion. My next expansion was going to be 40M coins. So for 80 gems, I could effectively get 40,000,000 coins. That is 2,121 days worth of profit that I could have made if I had spent 98 gems on 2 appliance slots rather than 80 on an expansion. That is nearly 6 years.

If you don't want to buy appliance slots, but your demand exceeds your output, then there are other combinations that you can make to meet your demand, and it is entirely possible that you can make more profit with those combinations. But not by much.

By the way, before the price hike, you could have made 230,337 coins profit per day with 18 ovens cooking red velvet cake and selling all your stock. That is a drop of about 60,000 coins per day.

A 20M expansion would have taken 87 days.

Now, with smaller profit margins and the 20M expansion costing 40M, it would take 235 days.

The buying power of your RVC profits is now only 37% what it used to be. That's actually 300% inflation. Overnight.

When you look at the profit on other, lower-margin recipes, the outcome is much, much worse.

melby29
09-12-12, 03:02 AM
So in conclusion, YES, you can make money.

It just takes a LONG, LONG time.

filochick1982
09-12-12, 03:02 AM
I think you're confusing gross profit with revenue.

melby29
09-12-12, 03:15 AM
Who me?

expressW
09-12-12, 03:18 AM
Haha, thanks melby for proving my point. I'm only a picket liner so I don't do maths that well.
Seriously though, you have really put things into perspective for me and a lot of people. I hope TL doesn't go back on their word and actually will reduce the price of expansions as they stated somewhere.

However, there are a lot of people who don't want huge bakeries, my bakery at the former 6 mil price is the largest I need, if you like large bakeries, great! Work 235 days for your 20mil or as TL want, buy gems.
But not having a bakery far larger than needed doesn't really take away the joy of this game.
As you have proven, profit can be made and you can still enjoy the game.

There are people who still enjoy bakery and are trying to keep positive and keep going, hopefully you can be positive too.

melby29
09-12-12, 03:43 AM
Yes, but what IS your goal now?

It's obviously not to expand, you said you are happy with what you have.

So - to decorate? Your ability to do that has been cut by 63% AT BEST.

To make lots and lots of money? Again, you are extremely limited in your ability to do this.

To master all the dishes? That's a great goal, but if you plan to do that by buying new appliances, I hope you have enough spare cash up your sleeve now.

My goals have been thwarted, and so have those of so many fellow bakers.

I'd like to know what you still see that is such an attraction.

(and, HOW do you get the bots to buy the 2 and 4 coin dishes first? You still haven't explained that.)

hertry
09-12-12, 03:50 AM
So you stop baking until all your food is sold. Then, you put more food on. You need to keep up with demand.

Even with the price hike, the most profitable food you can make is still red velvet cake. The profit per serve is 7 coins (it used to be 9.5 coins)

You can make 1.1 batches per oven per day. That is 1347 plates per day. For each oven you have, the MAXIMUM profit you can make per day is 9,429 coins per oven.

So, with 18 ovens, the MOST profit you can make in a day is 169,722 coins, provided you sell all 24,246 plates.

If your demand is greater than 24,246 plates per day, you would need to pay 49 gems for each extra oven you need to turn out enough food. That is 49 gems for an appliance that gives you 9,429 coins per day.

If you happened to have 49 gems spare, that's great. But for 49 gems, you could nearly buy 1.2M coins in the design tab (also know as Gem Trap Tab). That's the same as 127 days of profit from that appliance. That's more than 4 months.

If you actually had 80 gems, you could buy an entire expansion. My next expansion was going to be 40M coins. So for 80 gems, I could effectively get 40,000,000 coins. That is 2,121 days worth of profit that I could have made if I had spent 98 gems on 2 appliance slots rather than 80 on an expansion. That is nearly 6 years.

If you don't want to buy appliance slots, but your demand exceeds your output, then there are other combinations that you can make to meet your demand, and it is entirely possible that you can make more profit with those combinations. But not by much.

By the way, before the price hike, you could have made 230,337 coins profit per day with 18 ovens cooking red velvet cake and selling all your stock. That is a drop of about 60,000 coins per day.

A 20M expansion would have taken 87 days.

Now, with smaller profit margins and the 20M expansion costing 40M, it would take 235 days.

The buying power of your RVC profits is now only 37% what it used to be. That's actually 300% inflation. Overnight.

When you look at the profit on other, lower-margin recipes, the outcome is much, much worse.

I cannot imagine if i need to cook redveve cake for 2121days (5.8year) to get one expansion. And in the meantimes i cannot have any holiday or break, otherwise will need more times.... Omg.

Appreciate a lot for melby29 to let us know this fact by detail calculation.
I dropped out my lvl 96 bakery immediately without 2nd though now

trace35
09-12-12, 03:58 AM
I think you're confusing gross profit with revenue.

No, she is not. Read her post again.

trace35
09-12-12, 04:01 AM
I cannot imagine if i need to cook redveve cake for 2121days (5.8year) to get one expansion. And in the meantimes i cannot have any holiday or break, otherwise will need more times.... Omg.

Appreciate a lot for melby29 to let us know this fact by detail calculation.
I dropped out my lvl 96 bakery immediately without 2nd though now
There are many people who have not done the math on this, thanks to melby for doing that for us. If you still don't realize what's happening after reading her post, well, good luck to ya! I hope you win the lottery!

expressW
09-12-12, 04:18 AM
@ Melby29,

my goal is the same since i hit level 70's and earned my first 10mil, make money and redecorate when i feel the urge and eagerly await weekly update items.

for me not much has changed really. make money spend money, make more money....

for some of my neighbours who have a similar playing style to me, not much has changed for them either.

also, i answered how one can sell out the 2 and 4 dollar dishes first, stop baking and let it naturally sell out, quick sell them if your device allows or just make an initially loss until you sell out of old food. though i really do not recommend the 3rd option if you have lots of plates of food.

i dont deny this change has affected a lot of players but it hasnt affected everyone, i think some of the flamers (not u specifically) need to respect other players who want to keep playing.

trace35
09-12-12, 04:24 AM
Let it naturally sell out? Make money? Did you even read melbys math post? She did that research for YOUR benefit! Read it!!!!!

filochick1982
09-12-12, 04:36 AM
No, she is not. Read her post again.

Yes she is. What she is calling 'gross profit' is actually revenue (total sales). What she is referring to as 'net profit' is actually gross profit.

filochick1982
09-12-12, 04:44 AM
Why do people refer to 'demand' hindering progress in this game? You can control demand completely if you cannot supply fast enough to meet it - by blocking your bakery's door so you don't get customers (demand) while you are busy baking to fill you counters. Once they are full again, you can let them back in.

I seem to be doing OK. Even if I never purchased gems to expand my bakery, it doesn't change the amount of coins I would have earned from the food I had baked. In fact, had I never expanded, I never would have needed money to decorate the extra space and I would have even more money than I do now.

melby29
09-12-12, 04:45 AM
Yes she is. What she is calling 'gross profit' is actually revenue (total sales). What she is referring to as 'net profit' is actually gross profit.

I think Filo is talking about the other poster. I am a qualified accountant - I know the difference between revenue, gross profit and net profit.

trace35
09-12-12, 04:47 AM

Where did she say gross profit and net profit?

filochick1982
09-12-12, 04:53 AM
Where did she say gross profit and net profit?

Go back to expressW's post a page or two back.

trace35
09-12-12, 04:54 AM
Why do people refer to 'demand' hindering progress in this game? You can control demand completely if you cannot supply fast enough to meet it - by blocking your bakery's door so you don't get customers (demand) while you are busy baking to fill you counters. Once they are full again, you can let them back in.

I seem to be doing OK. Even if I never purchased gems to expand my bakery, it doesn't change the amount of coins I would have earned from the food I had baked. In fact, had I never expanded, I never would have needed money to decorate the extra space and I would have even more money than I do now.
For a lot of people ( like myself) blocking your door doesnt work. When I unblock it again, all the sales I should have made during that time, happen automatically. Not that I need to do that at level 95, most people with max appliances have months( if not years ) of food collecting dust. What are you referring to?

trace35
09-12-12, 04:56 AM
Go back to expressW's post a page or two back.

Sorry, my bad!

filochick1982
09-12-12, 04:58 AM
For a lot of people ( like myself) blocking your door doesnt work. When I unblock it again, all the sales I should have made during that time, happen automatically. Not that I need to do that at level 95, most people with max appliances have months( if not years ) of food collecting dust. What are you referring to?

What do you mean exactly by sales happening automatically? When I block the door to my bakery, obviously I earn no money during that time but once I unblock it, the customers come back and I earn money just like normal and continue from where I left off before I blocked the door.

melby29
09-12-12, 05:01 AM

By blocking your door to stock up on food, you are not speeding up the progress of money-making. If you can only cook 20,000 plates per day, but your customers want to eat 40,000 per day, then it makes no difference in the long term whether you cook 20,000 per day for 2 days but only sell on one of those days but sell 40,000, or whether you cook 20,000 per day and open both days and sell 20,000 first day and 20,000 second day. In the end, you will still average 20,000 per day, because that is all you are cooking. Demand is greater than supply, therefore there is an undersupply.

The issue with demand hindering your progress is where there is not ENOUGH demand for the volume you are cooking. If you are cooking 80,000 plates per day, but can only sell 40,000, then the demand is too low for you to sell all your food, so even though you are forking out the money to cook 80,000 plates, you are only getting revenue (and hence profit) from 40,000 per day. Supply is greater than demand, therefore there is an oversupply.

In any business, the optimum result is to be able to match supply and demand. You can increase supply by making more, which may mean more output per appliance (with high volume recipes) or more appliances, or a combination of both.

You can increase demand (or at least, attempt to) with methods such as advertising, promotions and special offers, discounting stock etc. Unfortunately in BS we do not have the option to do those things. Which means when there is a disparity in supply and demand, it is the supply that we need to adjust. If we are able to increase supply when there is an undersupply, in a way that will still make us a profit, then that is the ideal. Oversupply is a worry because the only way we can overcome this is to decrease supply - or, carry the burden of excessive stock.

melby29
09-12-12, 05:03 AM
What do you mean exactly by sales happening automatically? When I block the door to my bakery, obviously I earn no money during that time but once I unblock it, the customers come back and I earn money just like normal and continue from where I left off before I blocked the door.

It's a bug that is a pain. I found the same thing - blocking the door still resulted in sales, mysteriously! I had to actually get the chairs away from the tables to stop the customers eating. I guess there was a little rat hole or something that they snuck through at night.

hertry
09-12-12, 05:06 AM
@ Melby29,

my goal is the same since i hit level 70's and earned my first 10mil, make money and redecorate when i feel the urge and eagerly await weekly update items.

for me not much has changed really. make money spend money, make more money....

for some of my neighbours who have a similar playing style to me, not much has changed for them either.

also, i answered how one can sell out the 2 and 4 dollar dishes first, stop baking and let it naturally sell out, quick sell them if your device allows or just make an initially loss until you sell out of old food. though i really do not recommend the 3rd option if you have lots of plates of food.

i dont deny this change has affected a lot of players but it hasnt affected everyone, i think some of the flamers (not u specifically) need to respect other players who want to keep playing.

We do respect you and all those who are still playing. But the fact is that the super slow progress really make the game super boring.

New oven need 100k to get one and if buy 16 of it only earn 1600 coin after you sell them all is a big surprise for me.

Cooking redveve cake yes can earn most money but i already mastered it

You said you dont expand much but my recommandation is that you should better save all your money on expansion first before start decorating. Because if TL make another price increase later you will be regret

trace35
09-12-12, 05:07 AM
Yes. You can't increase profits by not selling food! You still have the same food that you baked sitting there waiting to be sold! That helps players on Lowe levels keep their counters stocked overnight so their heart rating doesn't drop, ut that is all.
As I said before, that doesn't work for everyone. Lots of people find that when they open their doors again, the food that should have sold while the door was blocked sells all at once. Trust me, I have been playing this game, and posting on this forum for quite a while.

hertry
09-12-12, 05:11 AM
BS have serious oversupply problem while Rs have serious overdemand problem
All the food in BS are stucked and many excess stock now :-(
I had been playing over one year and i believe TL had adjusted the 'demand' in BS and so many lvl 70 plus player have over stock problem

queentina3
09-12-12, 05:11 AM

The CMs have told us many times that blocking the door is not a function of the game. Your food will sell regardless of if you have your door blocked or not. Once you open your door, if you have less food on your counters than what could sell in a day, you'll get a quick sale. I'm not 100% on the numbers of sales per day, I've read anywhere between 20,000 - 45,000 plates (depends on if you keep your game closed or not), so if you only have and/or made 15,000 plates of food, as soon as you open your door it will be sold and your counters will be empty again.

This is why a quick sale doesn't always work for some people. I'd need to keep my doors closed for months in order for all my food to sell in a quick sale as I have millions of plates of food on my counters. I had over 100 counters of food last Thursday AM and I stored somewhere around 50 counters as I was sick of waiting for it to sell.

queentina3
09-12-12, 05:14 AM
BS have serious oversupply problem while Rs have serious overdemand problem
All the food in BS are stucked and many excess stock now :-(
I had been playing over one year and i believe TL had adjusted the 'demand' in BS and so many lvl 70 plus player have over stock problem

The customers eat a bit faster but that isn't the complete issue between the 2 games and how fast food sells. The big difference between BS and RS in keeping food stocked to sell is that RS doesn't give as much quantity per dish compared to BS. We get a ton of food per dish in BS and RS it is miniscule, that is the crux of the problem. If you look at Sehana's charts for both games (as quantity hasn't changed), you'll see that many long recipes in RS don't give you that much food compared to even the shorter recipes in BS.

filochick1982
09-12-12, 05:25 AM
By blocking your door to stock up on food, you are not speeding up the progress of money-making. If you can only cook 20,000 plates per day, but your customers want to eat 40,000 per day, then it makes no difference in the long term whether you cook 20,000 per day for 2 days but only sell on one of those days but sell 40,000, or whether you cook 20,000 per day and open both days and sell 20,000 first day and 20,000 second day. In the end, you will still average 20,000 per day, because that is all you are cooking. Demand is greater than supply, therefore there is an undersupply.

The issue with demand hindering your progress is where there is not ENOUGH demand for the volume you are cooking. If you are cooking 80,000 plates per day, but can only sell 40,000, then the demand is too low for you to sell all your food, so even though you are forking out the money to cook 80,000 plates, you are only getting revenue (and hence profit) from 40,000 per day. Supply is greater than demand, therefore there is an oversupply.

In any business, the optimum result is to be able to match supply and demand. You can increase supply by making more, which may mean more output per appliance (with high volume recipes) or more appliances, or a combination of both.

You can increase demand (or at least, attempt to) with methods such as advertising, promotions and special offers, discounting stock etc. Unfortunately in BS we do not have the option to do those things. Which means when there is a disparity in supply and demand, it is the supply that we need to adjust. If we are able to increase supply when there is an undersupply, in a way that will still make us a profit, then that is the ideal. Oversupply is a worry because the only way we can overcome this is to decrease supply - or, carry the burden of excessive stock.

Or you could just do what I did and let the overstocked food sell at its normal (slow pace) and remain patient. I don't understand how people are losing money on this game? How is it then that I am still making money despite non stop baking and decorating while others in a similar level aren't? I really don't understand.

filochick1982
09-12-12, 05:27 AM
But what's wrong with it selling all at once? I thought that would be a good thing since you earned the money faster than usual and your counters are now clear for new food?

Yes. You can't increase profits by not selling food! You still have the same food that you baked sitting there waiting to be sold! That helps players on Lowe levels keep their counters stocked overnight so their heart rating doesn't drop, ut that is all.
As I said before, that doesn't work for everyone. Lots of people find that when they open their doors again, the food that should have sold while the door was blocked sells all at once. Trust me, I have been playing this game, and posting on this forum for quite a while.

filochick1982
09-12-12, 05:30 AM
I could be in the minority as this doesn't happen with my bakery. If I block my door, I don't sell any food. I only sell food once I unblock the door again.

The CMs have told us many times that blocking the door is not a function of the game. Your food will sell regardless of if you have your door blocked or not. Once you open your door, if you have less food on your counters than what could sell in a day, you'll get a quick sale. I'm not 100% on the numbers of sales per day, I've read anywhere between 20,000 - 45,000 plates (depends on if you keep your game closed or not), so if you only have and/or made 15,000 plates of food, as soon as you open your door it will be sold and your counters will be empty again.

This is why a quick sale doesn't always work for some people. I'd need to keep my doors closed for months in order for all my food to sell in a quick sale as I have millions of plates of food on my counters. I had over 100 counters of food last Thursday AM and I stored somewhere around 50 counters as I was sick of waiting for it to sell.

melby29
09-12-12, 05:32 AM
But what's wrong with it selling all at once? I thought that would be a good thing since you earned the money faster than usual and your counters are now clear for new food?

It was you that raised the issue of controlling demand! You said you could control it by blocking the door. Nobody is saying that it is BAD to sell everything at once. We are just informing you that blocking the door isn't necessarily going to do anything to influence your demand.

filochick1982
09-12-12, 05:40 AM
If there is a chance you can sell everything at once, why not just block the door every time you want to make money fast then? I really don't see the problem with it. Yes, it means the demand will be higher than supply, but at least you now have the money to bake more food! You will have have a few angry customers til you can serve food again. No biggie as far as I'm concerned.

queentina3
09-12-12, 05:45 AM

It depends on what your goal is.

If you want to stock up so you don't have empty counters and a heart rating that goes down, then a quick sale hurts you. Most people that block the doors in BS/RS/Fashion are doing so because they want to stock up enough so that they have items to sell to their clones without losing the heart rating. As the heart rating goes down, less clones come in to purchase things, and if they're trying to make money, well less clones means less money.

If you want to get rid of food, then a quick sale is a lifesaver.

So, it is a good and a bad thing, depending on what the person's goal is for blocking the door in the first place. No matter the goal, the CMs have told us that the game isn't designed for blocking the doors so not everyone gets a quick sale. Even though you don't SEE the clones, the game is still selling the food regardless of if your door is blocked or not. Some people haven't received the full worth of the items that have sold in the past during a quick sale, so block the door at your own risk.

filochick1982
09-12-12, 05:51 AM
The heart rating and less clones doesn't matter at all. You only need to serve a plate of brownies to get it back it back to 100 again and customers start coming back. It's not a big deal at all.

melby29
09-12-12, 05:57 AM
To some people, it IS a big deal. To some people, having a 4 star neighbour rating is a big deal. Or having a realistic bakery. Or having as much money as possible. Or the biggest bakery possible (those ones are usually men).

We all have different goals in this game.

Unfortunately, the majority of players' goals have been hampered by this price increase.

Unfortunately, for those who still want to play, the ones who are leaving include a large number of gem buyers. Those who are not fazed by the price increase in the short term are likely to find themselves without a bakery story at all in the long term, because TL wll not have enough customers to survive.

filochick1982
09-12-12, 06:01 AM
I suppose I will keep playing until the price increases affect me. Considering I don't need the money for expansions, I have plenty as it is for decorating and baking more food. I will continue to master recipes to get the gems too.

GroovyRuss
09-12-12, 01:59 PM
My plan is to sell my millions of plates of food as quickly as I can, using neither GroovyRuss nor Fecs as the answer.

I reckon I can sell 6,000,000 plates in.... hmmmm.... 100 days? Or 10 minutes?

That way I will be rolling in cash and the new prices won't bother me.

The problem is it takes 3x to 4x longer now to earn enough to buy as an example the last expansion. (now 60 million)

Selling fast only helps if you can bake fast. Yeah you quick-sale all your food in 30 seconds now what? It will take you 4 times longer produce another 6 million plates of equal sell value.

trace35
09-12-12, 02:44 PM
If there is a chance you can sell everything at once, why not just block the door every time you want to make money fast then? I really don't see the problem with it. Yes, it means the demand will be higher than supply, but at least you now have the money to bake more food! You will have have a few angry customers til you can serve food again. No biggie as far as I'm concerned.
I don't think you understand. It doesn't sell faster. Here's an example.
Say you block your door for an hour. During that hour, if you had left the door unblocked, you might have sold, for arguments sake, 1700 plates.
Then when you unblock your door, all those 1700 plates you would have sold are sold instantly, as if you had never blocked the door. So nothing has sold faster or slower, it has made no difference.

Anyway, blocking the door has nothing to do with what we are discussing.

For a while letting your food stocks sell for a few months without baking anything will allow you to keep your profits up for a while, but you won't make any gems mastering, and the game will become pretty boring with nothing to do but tip Nbr's.
And then, when your food is finally all sold and you start baking again, the money you spend on baking will almost be as much as you make in sales. That's when you will say " oh! Thayer were right, it is nearly impossible to make money, I can't buy new deco because there is no room in my bakery because I can't expand, and everything has come to a standstill."
Who wants to play a game with nothing to work towards?

northsweets
09-12-12, 02:55 PM
The game does not handle you blocking your door. that doing so could end up with less money then leaving it open

melby29
09-12-12, 03:39 PM
The problem is it takes 3x to 4x longer now to earn enough to buy as an example the last expansion. (now 60 million)

Selling fast only helps if you can bake fast. Yeah you quick-sale all your food in 30 seconds now what? It will take you 4 times longer produce another 6 million plates of equal sell value.

You are entirely correct.

But for those players that are sitting on 100 counters of food, and are running out of room but have no cash to expand, it's helpful - clear all your counters, have lots of money to spend on over-priced decorations, and have no need to expand because you now have 100 free spaces of floor (well, maybe 80 cos you still want some to put new food on).

filochick1982
09-12-12, 03:58 PM
I just tried this blocked door bug to see if it applies to me. It doesnt.

I counted the amount of coins I had, and then I blocked my door. While the door was blocked, I saw no change in my coins tally (expected). When I unblocked my door again, I didn't experience quick sales nor did I experience a decrease in coins. Instead, my sales went up a normal pace, as what would normally happen.

mamareader02
09-12-12, 04:30 PM
"Dazy's" is still around, haven't bought gems since Christmas for bakery, but it's been getting to be a chore just to news tip and bake, my neighbors are the only reason I'm still there.RS has been banished to "deleted" , farm is just about there too

trace35
09-12-12, 04:39 PM
Every time we log in, TL are making money.

FarmerTrunte
09-13-12, 09:41 AM
I'm still playing, but I only got less than 200 coins after 24 ours, and THAT INCLUDES daily bonus :( So I will go into deficit very soon............

Raven_Heart3
09-13-12, 09:46 AM
I'm still here .. most all my neighbors are gone but I'm still baking and sending out gifts .. to be honest I don't like the change but I'm not buying gems either and I have coins but I'm watching them closely

Kathy6464
09-13-12, 12:33 PM
I'm still playing Bakery Story. Yes, I agree the prices are a little UP there, but I've never bought any gems with my real, hard-earned money, and I will never do so in the future (I play FS and RS too). I play this game to RELAX, not make my blood pressure go higher or empty my bank account faster. So it's going to take me a little longer to accumulate gems and coins and advance to new levels. But since this is my third "Story", I'm making my bakery look the way I want it to look and I'm having fun with it.

I have plenty of neighbors (60+) and every day or so someone asks me to add them as a neighbor. So there are plenty of people out there who are still playing.

Themodel22
09-13-12, 04:11 PM
I am still trying to, but im a lil annoyed. I have only been playing for a month so I've expandedabout to or three times. Now that the amount is up to $2,000,000 I dont see my place getting any bigger. I sm not a frequentgem uyer so I guess my question is any suggestions for a beginner to earn that many coins? :-(

NeeOnn
09-13-12, 04:24 PM
I still play :)

dinamom
09-13-12, 04:47 PM
I'm still playing Bakery Story. *Yes, I agree the prices are a little UP there, but I've never bought any gems with my real, hard-earned money, and I will never do so in the future (I play FS and RS too). *I play this game to RELAX, not make my blood pressure go higher or empty my bank account faster. *So it's going to take me a little longer to accumulate gems and coins and advance to new levels. *But since this is my third "Story", I'm making my bakery look the way I want it to look and I'm having fun with it. *

I have plenty of neighbors (60+) and every day or so someone asks me to add them as a neighbor. *So there are plenty of people out there who are still playing.

Exactly my point!
This game is sopposed to be a fun,relaxing way to escape life, but it is getting to serious for me. If i do not tip and send cappuccino daily i get deleted and now they post on my wall that they want me to join the strike and block my doors.

I have a cake business in REAL life and it is not as much pressure. It got so bad that i deleted the game 4 monthes ago with all my counters full, and when i got back to it i saw that i had made 10 million dollars

I do understand people's frustration about rising prises but i just play to play (cuz it is just a game)
I have to many things to worry about in real life: cake business,kids,DH,bills to pay. I do not need BS to be on that list.
This game is sopposed to help me have fun and relax but it is just getting really hectic. Even when the prices get back to the way they were before, there still is the problem of "I ONLY ACCEPT NEIGHBORS WITH 3/4 STAR RATING AND 70+ GAME EXP. AND SEND CAPPUCCINO'S ONLY OR I WILL DELETE YOU" way too serious for me. Well gotta go make a REAL wedding cake. I do hope TL will help everyone because this is bothersome, even for those who are still playing and do not take this game so seriously

altarisse
09-13-12, 06:04 PM
I only closed shop for 2 days and after seeing the new update and empty counters, I'm tempted to play again =|

expressW
09-13-12, 06:27 PM
@dinamom and @ Kathy6464

I totally agree with you. Sure its way harder now but the enjoyment is still there!
I don't agree with the way prices were raised without strategy and I also agree that its harder for new players too but its not impossible.

People have been adding me everyday since last week so there are definitely players who want to play and are still enjoying the game.

Hope people don't give up so easily and just chillax for awhile. TL will probably change dome things back eventually i believe but it takes time....

buymeacake
09-13-12, 09:07 PM
@dinamom and @ Kathy6464

I totally agree with you. Sure its way harder now but the enjoyment is still there!
I don't agree with the way prices were raised without strategy and I also agree that its harder for new players too but its not impossible.

People have been adding me everyday since last week so there are definitely players who want to play and are still enjoying the game.

Hope people don't give up so easily and just chillax for awhile. TL will probably change dome things back eventually i believe but it takes time....

TL is just testing you guy bottom line, if marjority accept this fact they will go ahead, if more people react negatively they will or they may consider to reverse their action.

You are one of those tolerate this stupid act, TL will keep on pressing you guy

Enjoy the game~!

Baraze
09-13-12, 09:25 PM
Ive gotten rid of numerous counters as they were taking too long to sell out.

I have about 40-50 now and they're selling at a decent pace. Id stopped baking about a week before the price hike and have made almost 1,000,000.

Ive started making high selling foods and will do that for the next four days.

Even though the new appliance is cheaper than my fav candy oven I wont buy one right now.

I wont bother with trying to reach 20,000,000 since it would entail my doing nothing.

In Fashion if you block the doors for a night lets say, when you unblock it and log off everything is sold. Is that the same with bakery?

queentina3
09-14-12, 03:46 AM
expressW, you mentioned in the other thread about Candy Corn Muffins, while I listed just the Brownies/Choco Cookies. Have you compared all recipes for the new costs compared to the old costs and created a list of which recipes now generate a profit MORE than the cost to bake the recipe? I only scanned a few in the Oven cookbook, but I do keep an excel spreadsheet that has all the recipe info on it and didn't want to have to create a new one for the new prices yet, but if you've already done it, can you list exactly which recipes give more profit than the cost to bake them?

If you haven't done it yet, I might today if I get the time. I'm curious to see which recipes we could still bake that would give us a profit that is more than the cost to bake.

creeturous
09-14-12, 09:27 AM
I'm still playing even though I'm really mad about the price increases.

It seems more games keep pulling this kind of tactic in order to force people to give in to impatience and use their gems with the intention of goading people into buying more. That is always going to be the driving reason for these kinds of changes to games: revenue.

And I'm fine with changing the business model but players need to be thrown bones too.
If the food is going to be increased to an exorbitant amount then at least increase the profit, even by a small percentage! *Something* has to be given along with the take, that's just basic psychology. And at the very least keep rolling out the goals regularly, at least it's a distraction from these unhappy changes and helps the game continue to feel like a game... Why are TL so wishy washy with the goals?

This game is sopposed to help me have fun and relax but it is just getting really hectic. Even when the prices get back to the way they were before, there still is the problem of "I ONLY ACCEPT NEIGHBORS WITH 3/4 STAR RATING AND 70+ GAME EXP. AND SEND CAPPUCCINO'S ONLY OR I WILL DELETE YOU" way too serious for me.

Also just wanted to say that I so agree with this! I gift every day and try to vary each gift daily but I don't have time to tip or keep track of people who are so specific about what they want and get upset if you don't comply. I prefer gifts anyway, tips are nice ut frankly I still cannot stand the stupid stars and endless tapping :/

Kathy6464
09-14-12, 11:27 AM
Dinamom -- You go girl!! You go bake those REAL wedding cakes. And for those that say "I ONLY ACCEPT NEIGHBORS WITH 3/4 STAR RATING....OR I WILL DELETE YOU", I say -- DELETE TO YOUR HEART'S CONTENT!!!!! Gosh, people take this stuff SO seriously! Do they know that there are children in this world who would lick your toes for a bite of a freakin' cookie?????!!!!!!!!

bestrest777
09-16-12, 10:38 AM
I had to change my restaurant so that seating is near the door and limited but now I am earning about 100,000 a day. I know it will take me about 8 months to expand but i guess i won't expand. I can still decorate and redo my restaurant. Its not ideal but still enjoyable for me. If i open up the restaurant seating, i lose money.

meggieprice
09-16-12, 10:38 AM
I wouldn't only accept gifting neighbors but I admit I get kind of annoyed gifting and tipping someone every day who doesn't bother to do either.

And at this point it seems like its best to give cappuccino since that at least gives someone some coins. Ater all you CAN get parts by request and you'll need those coins to buy the next ultra expensive appliance. If my fifty plus neighbors would Gift me cappuccino every day that would be 25000 a day...NICE!

meggieprice
09-16-12, 10:40 AM
I had to change my restaurant so that seating is near the door and limited but now I am earning about 100,000 a day. I know it will take me about 8 months to expand but i guess i won't expand. I can still decorate and redo my restaurant. Its not ideal but still enjoyable for me. If i open up the restaurant seating, i lose money.

Do you know how many seats is optimal? I didn't realize it's not good to have tons of seats...

bestrest777
09-16-12, 10:46 AM
I know there are posts about the ideal number but i just did mine to still look decent and have no sad customers. You can look at it if you want.

Bestrest777. Chocolatdelight

pattypopo
09-16-12, 11:10 AM
Do you know how many seats is optimal? I didn't realize it's not good to have tons of seats...

You only need about 19 seats. Put them and the cash register close to your door. If you get mad customers add a seat, but I ghave 19 and my customers are happy. Oh and block off the rest of your bakery with decor.

meggieprice
09-16-12, 12:16 PM
You only need about 19 seats. Put them and the cash register close to your door. If you get mad customers add a seat, but I ghave 19 and my customers are happy. Oh and block off the rest of your bakery with decor.

Thank you! I will sell my extra seats lol...I'll take any coins I can get!

bestrest777
09-16-12, 12:29 PM
I have 19 also. If i take one away, i get sad customers.

mommabeez
09-16-12, 12:47 PM
Ok I'm really new to this game started last week ...had fun with the goals...what happened to them?

Cupmeetscake
09-16-12, 01:52 PM
Hi, fellow players. I gave up 75 cutters filled with food & drinks to bake 7 RED VELVET CAKES @a time & 8 drink machines making EARL GREY TEA...
I LOVED baking & having a large variety of dishes, but now I'm baking just for profit b/c I want to expand my shop. I made the mistake of decorating my place instead of expanding! If I had had a little warning about the price hike I would have expanded first :(.

AnnasCoffee
09-16-12, 02:00 PM
Ok I'm really new to this game started last week ...had fun with the goals...what happened to them?

What happened to the goals? Answer... They are probably expired.

A better question is ... "what happened to the game?". Answer... The prices of expansion and decorations doubled AND the cost to cook food almost doubled (on most items). Making money in Bakery Story will be four times harder. These changes will probably have the worst impact on new players, like you. If you want to try to play, this thread is for people who are still baking, but... Good luck! Most people have decided the game isn't worth playing anymore :(

meggieprice
09-16-12, 05:15 PM
I had about 1.5 million when the change happened and was hoping for the 2 million expansion. More than a week later I don't even have 1.9 million yet. Ouch! Thanks to a kind neighbor I was able to redesign my bakery for optimal customer use. Hope that helps. Not that I will ever be able to expand now that its 4 millin...

chewytwix
09-18-12, 08:23 AM
so this is what happened in the last 2-3 weeks.

1. expansion price doubled
2. decor items doubled
3. recipe cost doubled

The GOOD glitches got "fixed."

The BAD glitches didn't get fixed.
1. Money loss when putting out gifted foods
2. Money loss when collecting tips.

nmishii
09-18-12, 08:27 AM
so this is what happened in the last 2-3 weeks.

1. expansion price doubled
2. decor items doubled
3. recipe cost doubled

The GOOD glitches got "fixed."

The BAD glitches didn't get fixed.
1. Money loss when putting out gifted foods
2. Money loss when collecting tips.

Add to "The BAD glitches didn't get fixed."
3. Money loss when serving food.

queentina3
09-18-12, 08:49 AM
Like I posted in the other thread, also add to that:

4. iOS still has the declining clone issue if the game is left open too long. It dwindles down to only 2-4 clones eating at one time instead of the 28-30 clones eating like it's SUPPOSED to be. This has been an issue since the beginning of last MAY! 4+ months and it still isn't fixed. :rolleyes:

marrrina
09-18-12, 09:54 AM
Like I posted in the other thread, also add to that:

4. iOS still has the declining clone issue if the game is left open too long. It dwindles down to only 2-4 clones eating at one time instead of the 28-30 clones eating like it's SUPPOSED to be. This has been an issue since the beginning of last MAY! 4+ months and it still isn't fixed. :rolleyes:

For me I get down to ZERO eating if left open too long. But that's only if It's actively up and not running in the background.

Raven_Heart3
09-29-12, 07:14 PM
I send gifts daily and whatever my neighbors send me is what I send back to them... this is how I gift its easier for me ...

saren1947
10-02-12, 09:31 AM
Geee, I thought this thread was for those still baking.

melby29
10-02-12, 04:01 PM
Looks to me like mist people here are still baking.