PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone complaining about this game?

ekkalove
09-09-12, 10:41 AM
This is a game, it's meant to be played for a long period of time. You shouldn't be able to get all the expansions, coins, gems and furniture that are available in a matter of hours or even days. The game would be pointless if that was the case. I don't find it hard to make coins in this game. I use the 2 min option when I'm actively playing the game, the 2 hour option while I'm busy during the day and the 8 hour option while I'm at work or before I go to bed. I never seem to be in need of coins this way. If you hate this game so much and have so many problems with the updates and what not, stop playing and posting on here. :) Just figured I'd post my opinion and see if anyone agrees

sweetstuff525
09-09-12, 10:51 AM
What is it with people thinking they can tell us what to do?

We can complain about anything we want don't tell us to stop posting... Forum is supposed to be for feedback good or bad

No one is forcing you to read our posts if you dont like them

lilly1shop
09-09-12, 10:52 AM
If we allow these prices to keep on going we could never expand our bakery I'm at lvl 80 n higher lvls than me are mad bout the changes...it will take me 12 million bow to expand my bakery...n if tl changes the prices again b4 I get the 12 mill I will never be able to expand....I will go to another site to play....

ekkalove
09-09-12, 10:53 AM
Whoa someone is a bit touchy.. Haha If you're allowed to post your negative opinion about the game, why can't I post my positive opinion? I didn't force you to read my post or reply to my post :)

shakiba
09-09-12, 10:54 AM
I understand how you are feeling. For you, it may be no problem but for others it may be. I don't play this game but I am speaking in general. I think there's nothing wrong with complaining because it is giving feedback to TL about the game(s) and how they can improve it. that's why there is a forum, not just for posting whats so good about the game but sometimes what needs to be improved. However, sometimes there may be times where it's all about the complaining and that's it. That's where I'm on your side. I usually don't complain, however I would if I want to.

ekkalove
09-09-12, 10:55 AM
I understand if the prices keep going up it won't be in anymore, but they aren't horrible where they are now.

sweetstuff525
09-09-12, 10:55 AM
Whoa someone is a bit touchy.. Haha If you're allowed to post your negative opinion about the game, why can't I post my positive opinion? I didn't force you to read my post or reply to my post :)

I'm no telling not to post that's the point.

ekkalove
09-09-12, 10:58 AM
I understand how you are feeling. For you, it may be no problem but for others it may be. I don't play this game but I am speaking in general. I think there's nothing wrong with complaining because it is giving feedback to TL about the game(s) and how they can improve it. that's why there is a forum, not just for posting whats so good about the game but sometimes what needs to be improved. However, sometimes there may be times where it's all about the complaining and that's it. That's where I'm on your side. I usually don't complain, however I would if I want to.
I completely agree. I never said that if there is a problem, don't post about it. I'd love to see this game improve but people are complaining about how long it takes to make coins and that they dont have all day to sit around and click the button. That is where I think it gets to be complaining and not feedback for the game. They expect it to be super easy to make coins. It's a game, there should be some challenge to it.

pinkster73
09-09-12, 11:01 AM
I'm no telling not to post that's the point.

The op never told you not to post. Relax.

shakiba
09-09-12, 11:02 AM
I completely agree. I never said that if there is a problem, don't post about it. I'd love to see this game improve but people are complaining about how long it takes to make coins and that they dont have all day to sit around and click the button. That is where I think it gets to be complaining and not feedback for the game. They expect it to be super easy to make coins. It's a game, there should be some challenge to it.

I think they are just comparing with the other TL games that's it's a little more challenging to gain some coins. I don't know if I agree with them because, as I have mentioned, I never tried this game (will when the goal comes out). I think most are saying that there are some financial problems, and how it's changing, that's all.

ekkalove
09-09-12, 11:07 AM
I think they are just comparing with the other TL games that's it's a little more challenging to gain some coins. I don't know if I agree with them because, as I have mentioned, I never tried this game (will when the goal comes out). I think most are saying that there are some financial problems, and how it's changing, that's all.
Well then, put that way, I understand. I've never played the other TL Story games so I wouldn't know. The whole point of this post was basically saying I really enjoy the game. While there are some little things is like to see added, overall it's a great game to pass the time.

sweetstuff525
09-09-12, 11:08 AM
. If you hate this game so much and have so many problems with the updates and what not, stop playing and posting on here. :) Just figured I'd post my opinion and see if anyone agrees

The op never told you not to post. Relax.

So I'm the one who is seeing thing then... I happen to read if you hate game d
So much stop playing and postin here

Key word stop posting

ekkalove
09-09-12, 11:15 AM

Key word stop posting
Ok obviously I said it in a way that came out harsh. I just meant that if people are only going to complain about how you have to actually actively play this game in order to make coins and it doesn't just come with a snap of the finger, then maybe they shouldn't be playing. Because in my opinion you download a game to play to pass the time. Not to be able to get to the highest level with the most amount of coins in a matter of days. Sorry if that came out wrong. I'm all for constructive criticisim.

pinkster73
09-09-12, 11:16 AM

Key word stop posting

Snap! I stand corrected. :p

OrdinaryJoe
09-09-12, 11:33 AM
Ok obviously I said it in a way that came out harsh. I just meant that if people are only going to complain about how you have to actually actively play this game in order to make coins and it doesn't just come with a snap of the finger, then maybe they shouldn't be playing. Because in my opinion you download a game to play to pass the time. Not to be able to get to the highest level with the most amount of coins in a matter of days. Sorry if that came out wrong. I'm all for constructive criticisim.

What did you think of the game BEFORE the prices doubled?

As far as I know, we were actively playing the game and earning coins... I was never able to snap my fingers to produce results!

All people are doing here is asking Team Lava to set the game back to how it was just a few days ago.

OrdinaryJoe
09-09-12, 11:39 AM
What did you think of the game BEFORE the prices doubled?

As far as I know, we were actively playing the game and earning coins... I was never able to snap my fingers to produce results!

All people are doing here is asking Team Lava to set the game back to how it was just a few days ago.

Just want to clarify -- since we can't edit posts:

We are asking Team Lava to change the game back to how it was before they doubled prices in this game.

Your posts make it sound like we are asking Team Lava to change things in order to make it SUPER easy to earn stuff, instead of actively playing and earning things. Like we want to be able to get items and expansions at the snap of a finger. It just isn't true.

OrdinaryJoe
09-09-12, 11:40 AM
oopss... and by "your" post, I mean ekkalove (the OP of this thread).

ekkalove
09-09-12, 11:43 AM
I have been playing the game for a while, and while I noticed the prices did go up a bit, I don't think it makes it much harder to earn coins. Maybe I'm just not seeing it or maybe I just spend too much time playing it so I have no shortage or coins. I see where you're coming from. I guess this thead is just stupid now. Hahaha Oh well! Thanks for making me feel dumb and putting me in my place

zoroak
09-09-12, 11:54 AM
I think you were referring to my thread on earnings and expansion costs. Well, if you did the math, tapping for 2 hours on the 2 min option, 8h to sleep and lots of 2h earnings in between, you earn about 40K+ per day. That's ok if you want to buy furniture, NOT OK if you have a 184K 6x6 land expansion (x4 to approx 800K, each subsequent land expansion increases by 20K, if you want to build a 10x12 grand hall), room that costs 83K, almost a million for 4 expansions and a grand hall, waiting days in between for requests and building times. I do like the game as it was before and stated so in that thread, I just think the current changes compromise gameplay. At this rate, I have 10 more expansions before fully expanding, it will take less time to build a REAL house. For newer players, it may take longer...

OrdinaryJoe
09-09-12, 12:03 PM
I think you were referring to my thread on earnings and expansion costs. Well, if you did the math, tapping for 2 hours on the 2 min option, 8h to sleep and lots of 2h earnings in between, you earn about 40K+ per day. That's ok if you want to buy furniture, NOT OK if you have a 184K 6x6 land expansion (x4 to approx 800K, each subsequent land expansion increases by 20K, if you want to build a 10x12 grand hall), room that costs 83K, almost a million for 4 expansions and a grand hall, waiting days in between for requests and building times. I do like the game as it was before and stated so in that thread, I just think the current changes compromise gameplay. At this rate, I have 10 more expansions before fully expanding, it will take less time to build a REAL house. For newer players, it may take longer...

And that's exactly it! People play the games differently. Some people like the OP are happy and content to go through the motions of the game, tapping away, and feel sufficiently rewarded by the few coins they earn while they have fun baking and serving food to the robots.... That's fine and dandy, nothing wrong with that. These people are not as affected by these changes.

Others, play for the social aspect of the game. It probably doesn't matter what changes are made, these players enjoy the interaction with others, so probably not as affected by change either.

But then, there's the others, who play differently. Most of the ones voicing their opinions belong to this group. They play with an eye on the bigger picture. It's not about tapping to bake and serve food to robots for a few coins. It's about leveling up and expanding and decorating, etc... This is the group greatly affected by this change.

Team Lava needs to decide if they want to keep that last group playing... I don't know, which group spends the money on gems?

OrdinaryJoe
09-09-12, 12:05 PM
Which group spends the MOST money on gems?

Sorry for typos in my previous post.

zoroak
09-09-12, 12:19 PM
OrdinaryJoe, I belong to the last group and I spend a good amount on gems. Anyway if you can't expand, you have no room to put your gem items. For most people who buy gems, they may expand once or twice using gems, I know of only a few who will expand 15 or more times using gems. To expand 4 times and buy the 12x12 gem room which is slightly larger than the grand hall will cost about 10,000 gems if you can't be bothered to wait and earn coins, maybe TL prefers that sort of customer?

ekkalove
09-09-12, 12:38 PM
Ok when I get to that level I'm sure I'll be complaining too. I never meant for this post to be rude. I guess I should have worded it better or not posted it at all. I don't like some of the things they changed either. Like the fact that they took away the 6x6 rooms and the dark wood floors costing gems now. I do agree that they have taken away some of the things that make this game enjoyable. I play this game for the design aspect of it. Unlike some homes I've seen that just look like they have stuffed everything thing in the house that they can. If you take a look at my home ( Storm ID ekkalove ) you'll see I've designed my home like a real house would be. I do agree that if they continued to take away certain aspects of the game I enjoy or continue to raise the prices on thing, I wouldn't enjoy it as much and would probably stop playing. Let's me neighbors and forget I caused so much forum drama! :) haha

bouncyslim
09-09-12, 12:38 PM
If we allow these prices to keep on going we could never expand our bakery I'm at lvl 80 n higher lvls than me are mad bout the changes...it will take me 12 million bow to expand my bakery...n if tl changes the prices again b4 I get the 12 mill I will never be able to expand....I will go to another site to play....

I agree, my next expansion was 6million, now it is 12 million. It is a two edge sword, now that the cost ofbaking has risen, and the cost of expansion has risen, it will take 4 times as long to expexpand. Let me explain, say for example it cost 500 coins to bake a cake. You get 500 servings, meaning that your net profit from the came would be 1500 (4coins per serving x 500 servings is 2000 less the cost of baking). Now that the cost of baking has increased, the net profit for the same cake is now 1000 coins since the price to bake the same cake has doubled to 1000 coins. That being said, it will now take twice as long to accumulate enough coins for an expansion....... and since expansions cost more, it will take 4 times as long..... deciduous... Everyone gift cappuccino during the blackout since it is free to gift and the profit is 100% You get the most coins from cappuccino.

OrdinaryJoe
09-09-12, 12:46 PM
OrdinaryJoe, I belong to the last group and I spend a good amount on gems. Anyway if you can't expand, you have no room to put your gem items. For most people who buy gems, they may expand once or twice using gems, I know of only a few who will expand 15 or more times using gems. To expand 4 times and buy the 12x12 gem room which is slightly larger than the grand hall will cost about 10,000 gems if you can't be bothered to wait and earn coins, maybe TL prefers that sort of customer?

I belong to the last group as well (in both RS and BS)... I have paid for expansions with gems (and also bought appliance slots at 49 gems a pop). But, you're right, that it is ridiculous to spend gems on every expansion. My next expansions, I had intended on paying with coins, since I was in a position to be earning a decent amount of coins. I strategically placed myself at that point, by spending gems early on in order to fulfill some key expansions and increase my appliance slots. My next couple of expansions were going to be bought with coins. This is another strategic move I was making in order to justify spending more money on decorations and such.

My game strategy was to spend some money early to get a boost with expansions and appliances, and then continue to play the game, earning and saving up coins for expansions. During this phase, I was baking lots of Red Velvet Cake, lol, and modified by layout to maximize profit.

Suddenly, Team Lava took it all away! It's like a Bait and Switch!

My question was sincere... I wonder which group spends the most money. This would help us figure out how much we (that last group) is worth to Team Lava.

ekkalove
09-09-12, 12:47 PM
I agree, my next expansion was 6million, now it is 12 million. It is a two edge sword, now that the cost ofbaking has risen, and the cost of expansion has risen, it will take 4 times as long to expexpand. Let me explain, say for example it cost 500 coins to bake a cake. You get 500 servings, meaning that your net profit from the came would be 1500 (4coins per serving x 500 servings is 2000 less the cost of baking). Now that the cost of baking has increased, the net profit for the same cake is now 1000 coins since the price to bake the same cake has doubled to 1000 coins. That being said, it will now take twice as long to accumulate enough coins for an expansion....... and since expansions cost more, it will take 4 times as long..... deciduous... Everyone gift cappuccino during the blackout since it is free to gift and the profit is 100% You get the most coins from cappuccino.

Why are you guys talking about baking in the Home Design story discussion? I'm really confused..

marrrina
09-09-12, 01:08 PM
Why are you guys talking about baking in the Home Design story discussion? I'm really confused..

This all started with Bakery Story. While the changes in Bakery Story are not as drastic as they are in HDS, for all we know it could become just as bad, especially if TL decides not to listen to the backlash from players about Bakery. If the prices in HDS double, and we can only earn an insignificant amount of coins per day, we're not going to make much progress with this game without, as stated, buying gems, playing right into TL's end-game. We may not have many negative things to say about HDS (aside from the on-going glitches) if they didn't cut back on the amount of coins we can earn.

zoroak
09-09-12, 01:27 PM
@OrdinaryJoe, I'm level 98 on RS, maybe another two months before reaching level 99. Yes you are right, a good strategy can work well in RS because there are loads of recipes (100?) with different earnings, cooking times, XP gains to suit your gameplay, not just limited to 3 ways to earn coins like in Home design story. And you expand with no waiting, no material requests and no rooms to build! I don't remember being as frustrated with RS, even when portion sizes were decreased. Gave up BS a few months ago (similar to RS and no time to maintain both, would've quit by now if I can't keep food on the counters due to the current changes), CS and TS (no updates), PSS (tedious) and farm when 'tap to manage' gemtrap appeared. I'm not resistant to changes but if changes are detrimental to gameplay, I won't be the only one quitting. And this applies to Home design story...

lulutearoom
09-09-12, 01:47 PM
Right now I have 6 million coins and before the latest update, I needed 10 million to expand. Now I need 20 million. When food prices to cook doubled, when regular decor items cost doubled, and because of doubling baking cost, my profit is reduced. So if I want to play and expand there's no buying anything in decor, no tipping every nbr and only cooking red velvet cake. Now, since I'm limited I can't earn gems by baking other foods b/c im trying to make my bakery a little bigger. I understand the need to prolong the interest in a game but maybe a 25% price increase would have been less devastating. For the record it is a fake bakery but it's VERY REAL TIME for all of us and in most cases REAL MONEY b/c most of us that are really upset, we've bought gems because we wanted something the game had to offer. I feel those of us that have spent more money have more emotional attachment to this cause. For those who haven't bought gems and continue to play, I say good for you. This should still remain a healthy, respectful debate between us all. For me, I've bought a lot of gems of my own choice, so I'm very much attached to this cause to reduce the prices back a little and come to a peaceful resolution. Thank you��

kooky panda
09-09-12, 03:59 PM
This thread has gone off topic. Lets keep the discussion on Home design and the OPs topic.

This is a game, it's meant to be played for a long period of time. You shouldn't be able to get all the expansions, coins, gems and furniture that are available in a matter of hours or even days. The game would be pointless if that was the case. I don't find it hard to make coins in this game. I use the 2 min option when I'm actively playing the game, the 2 hour option while I'm busy during the day and the 8 hour option while I'm at work or before I go to bed. I never seem to be in need of coins this way. If you hate this game so much and have so many problems with the updates and what not, stop playing and posting on here. :) Just figured I'd post my opinion and see if anyone agrees

silverwind7
09-09-12, 03:59 PM
I'm in the boat with everyone who wants things to go back to how they were a few days ago before the update lol. I just recently started playing HDS so you can imagine how much I'm punishing right now to earn enough to expand...and this would just be my 2nd expansion for which I need 42,000 coins. Now where on EARTH am I supposed to find all that money to expand when I only earn a handful of coins in 2 minutes? I can't sit around all day next to my iPad collecting money every two minutes. And the other options take much too long compared to the 2 minute one which would yield greater income in the long run. Plus, I've still got to spend coins on decorating my home so a good chunk of my money will go to that. When am I supposed to expand at this rate? Next year?

Take Dragon Story for example: probably my favourite app but I also hate it so much I want to smash my iPad some days. I started playing pretty early and then changes were made and all of a sudden food amounts were less than HALF what they used to be yet the prices and wait times didn't go down. Expansions that were maybe 10,000 coins were suddenly 100,000 coins. Habitats were ridiculously expensive as well all of a sudden. I felt so so so sorry for newer players cuz I didn't know how on earth they were going to be able to make ANY progress AT ALL. It's not fair to them. Even as a veteran player I still find myself hoarding coins for a week sometimes in order to make one expansion (my next expansion needs 900,000 coins) while making sure I have enough left for food and habitats. No, of course no one expects to just breeze through the game but we don't want to be stuck in one place for months on end either....

ekkalove
09-09-12, 05:29 PM
I'm in the boat with everyone who wants things to go back to how they were a few days ago before the update lol. I just recently started playing HDS so you can imagine how much I'm punishing right now to earn enough to expand...and this would just be my 2nd expansion for which I need 42,000 coins. Now where on EARTH am I supposed to find all that money to expand when I only earn a handful of coins in 2 minutes? I can't sit around all day next to my iPad collecting money every two minutes. And the other options take much too long compared to the 2 minute one which would yield greater income in the long run. Plus, I've still got to spend coins on decorating my home so a good chunk of my money will go to that. When am I supposed to expand at this rate? Next year?

Take Dragon Story for example: probably my favourite app but I also hate it so much I want to smash my iPad some days. I started playing pretty early and then changes were made and all of a sudden food amounts were less than HALF what they used to be yet the prices and wait times didn't go down. Expansions that were maybe 10,000 coins were suddenly 100,000 coins. Habitats were ridiculously expensive as well all of a sudden. I felt so so so sorry for newer players cuz I didn't know how on earth they were going to be able to make ANY progress AT ALL. It's not fair to them. Even as a veteran player I still find myself hoarding coins for a week sometimes in order to make one expansion (my next expansion needs 900,000 coins) while making sure I have enough left for food and habitats. No, of course no one expects to just breeze through the game but we don't want to be stuck in one place for months on end either....

I guess I'm just an exception to most people who play. My husband is in the army and is stationed in Oklajoma where I am living with him right now. I'm from California so I don't have many friends here and I don't have kids so most of the day I sit at home and play this game to pass the time. I use the 2 min option thought the day and make quite a bit of money. I guess that is why I have no problem making enough coins to expand and design. I'm sure I would be unhappy with the amount of coins I would be making in a normal day of playing this when I am back home around people and back at work.

ekkalove
09-09-12, 05:31 PM
Oklahoma*

silverwind7
09-09-12, 05:42 PM
^^ you are soooo lucky!! Really, you are. Even when I've got spare time between classes (first year of college) I'm usually doing reading and research or trying to get some food in my stomach lol so I don't get a chance to really sit down and play until the evening :(

But I do understand where you're coming from, certainly. I could just imagine how many coins you earn in a day with the 2 minute option O.o omg I am so jealous >___< I just hope that TL increases the amount we can earn, even if it's just by 100 coins or so, or gives us more options time wise to earn coins... Maybe a 30 minute one or something like that.

ekkalove
09-09-12, 05:49 PM
^^ you are soooo lucky!! Really, you are. Even when I've got spare time between classes (first year of college) I'm usually doing reading and research or trying to get some food in my stomach lol so I don't get a chance to really sit down and play until the evening :(

But I do understand where you're coming from, certainly. I could just imagine how many coins you earn in a day with the 2 minute option O.o omg I am so jealous >___< I just hope that TL increases the amount we can earn, even if it's just by 100 coins or so, or gives us more options time wise to earn coins... Maybe a 30 minute one or something like that.

Haha yeah I do make a ton of coins and can design a lot of rooms. But yeah I agree with the 30 min time frame as well. Like 2 min, 30 min, 2 hours and 6 hours. I think that would be perfect.. Or close to it. Haha

bellaaking
03-27-13, 07:49 AM
Everyone who plays the game has different opinions about it. So what if some people want everything or want lots of coins fast or even if they want a thousand gems! I use the same method for collecting coins as you and it's pretty simple ( and just saying its a REALLY good method) And although I respect your honest opinion , complaints are meant t be said on this forum.