PDA

View Full Version : When tipping neighbors, do I have to "collect" the stars for them to count?

auroracon
09-09-12, 10:36 AM
So I was wondering if I didn't collect all the stars before clicking on the social icon to go to a new restaurant, if perhaps I don't get credit for them?

I know if you wait long enough they get credited without you having to click on them, but that's when you sit and wait and are still in the same restaurant (kind of like with tips in your own restaurant). But if I switch to a new one before they are collected...

Just wondering, thanks!

marrrina
09-09-12, 10:47 AM
I've heard it claimed it auto-collects, but when I decided to stop collecting manually my star rating would go down. I just leave my tips, and the open my neighbors wall to leave "t" or some other message. By the time the message goes through everything has been auto-collected

ksskss
09-10-12, 06:22 AM
No, you dont have to click on them :)

FigOni
09-10-12, 05:04 PM
I can 100% confirm they are not added until they are click or or until the automatically add on after the short delay.

The reason why I can confirm this to be 100% accurate is before I use to tip the table click on the telephone icon on the top right hand side and shift quickly to the next restaurant.

So once I hit load of restaurants the next day I noticed that I drop from 4 social rating to 3.5 so was very confused so went and tipped till I got to 4 social rating then hit all my friends to boost up my social rating.
Next day no visible drop so now I realised the issue was I was leaving my social point without collecting them all.

So I did another experiment to make sure without any doubt I was correct, which anyone can do to confirm I'm right.

This is what I did I tipped tables until I got a rolling pin drop from the table as soon as it showed I quickly without collecting it went to another restaurant and check my collectables and it showed it didn't add the rolling pin I just received so that was more than enough proof to me so since then I collect the red star before going to the next restaurant or my own restaurant.

I can say that yellow xp stars are collected automatically regardless if you collect them or leave without collecting them.

nathanhomer2
09-11-12, 03:10 PM
I can 100% confirm they are not added until they are click or or until the automatically add on after the short delay.

The reason why I can confirm this to be 100% accurate is before I use to tip the table click on the telephone icon on the top right hand side and shift quickly to the next restaurant.

I'm not sure what your running but on Android they 100% do collect, you do not need to wait. Watch your progress bar and you will see it going up even if you go to another neighbor right away. You can really notice it after you tip a few neighbors, unless of course your 4 stars (which has no progress bar).