View Full Version : Another dissatisfied customer!

knittedcupcake
09-08-12, 04:51 PM
Imagine my surprise when I went to expand my restaurant for 1.5 million coins only to discover my next expansion will cost EIGHT million! WHAT??

THen, I heard yields from appliances will only be half of what they were, and will cost twice as much to make??? REALLY??? THIS is how you reward people for playing?

I have spent real world money on this game, and on Bakery Story, and on City Story Metro, probably around $30. You have my ID, you can check. I've obviously no problem shelling out a few bucks here and there to get a few gems for the things I really want, but if you're going to turn around and smack me for it by increasing prices for everything else, then fine, I'm taking my ball and going home until you decide to be more fair about things.

Currently, everything I have for Restaurant Story is in storage except the food that was already made. I'm leaving that in place in the hopes you will do the right thing.

Thanks for nothing, TeamLava. I understand you're in the business of making money, but this is NOT how to go about it.

cr4zy_eights
09-08-12, 04:58 PM
Team lava has made me quit 2 games in one week. Actually I just may quit them all.

bigbux3
09-08-12, 11:12 PM
Honey, we're all dissatisfied... some longer than others.

kieranyeow
09-09-12, 01:26 AM
TL You Did A Big Mistake This Time...

pattypopo
09-09-12, 08:19 AM
I didn't realize they increased the cost for expansion in RS also. I did expect it to be next, which is why I uninstalled all of my TL games last night. These changes make it almost impossible to advance in the game. They make all these cute updates, but don' t seem to realize no one can afford to buy them. I don't mind buying gems occasionally, but now you will have to spend some serious money to play. It's simple math. Expansions benefit TL as much as the player. More space to purchase and place new items. That is why I may buy gems for new stuff I will never spend real money to expand. With the increases this makes the game unplayable for me.

sweetstuff525
09-09-12, 08:22 AM
What rs too

NeeOnn
09-09-12, 12:42 PM
Huge mistake.

LalaSmooth
09-09-12, 02:30 PM
Mine hasnt increased :/

amygdane
09-09-12, 03:01 PM
I just checked my restaurant and prices are still the same. My next expansion is 2.5M for 17x20.

shakiba
09-09-12, 03:03 PM
What rs too

I was wondering the same thing. So the prices were increased for not only BS but RS too? Oh wow.

nmishii
09-09-12, 03:14 PM
My restaurant prices are the same too. Maxed out on expansions so don't know about that one. Android.

LalaSmooth
09-09-12, 03:15 PM
My expansion prices are fine, my next one is at 1.5 million

dalula
09-09-12, 03:52 PM
Two of the most popular TL games, and all of the prices increased? What a way to lose a lot of customers.

Luna48
09-09-12, 04:03 PM
Whoa. Another GEM TRAP. I was never going to expand in RS - big enough. Last time I checked I couldn't expand because I didn't have enough neighbors. I tap the expansion arrow to check the price and WHAMMO I got expanded. Apparently the neighbor requirement was changed because I have not added any neighbors. I have been hoarding gems that I earned through many other TL games played as goals. I know not to hoard. I know TL will always get me in GEM TRAP. Will I never learn?????

Any BTW have the cheapest white tables always been 1000 coins in RS?????

JohnDede
09-10-12, 12:34 PM
Last time I checked I couldn't expand because I didn't have enough neighbors. I tap the expansion arrow to check the price and WHAMMO I got expanded.

When expanding with gems there is no neighbor requirement. A certain number of neighbors is only required for expansion with coins. You can see that in the expansion tab under design.

yayalani
09-11-12, 12:12 PM
With these ridiculous price increases, they are trying to frustrate people enough to feel they need to buy gems with real money to advance. It's the same reason they let gem traps with no confirmation hide near your slots and other places. They'd haven't fixed this DESPITE hundreds of complaints. Clearly, they are no longer (if they ever were) trying to make an enjoyable gaming experience. At least other similar games from other companies do not intentionally place gem traps where your fingers may slip onto, and they attempt to mend issues rather than respond with "too bad" (my personal experience with TL). The fact is, if we as consumers and game players don't make a stand to go beyond complaints and posts to actually quitting and uninstalling these games, we will just fall victim to more price hikes and gem traps. No one ever dropped their prices as a business to be nice. TL is a company, and they are clearly demonstrating that profit is important to them so let's show they no profit until they give, us, the people that gave them this popularity in the first place, what we actually want and need as game players.

I enjoyed your games TL, but I will no longer touch them until the price and gem problems are fixed.

88dalejr
09-11-12, 12:14 PM
With these ridiculous price increases, they are trying to frustrate people enough to feel they need to buy gems with real money to advance. It's the same reason they let gem traps with no confirmation hide near your slots and other places. They'd haven't fixed this DESPITE hundreds of complaints. Clearly, they are no longer (if they ever were) trying to make an enjoyable gaming experience. At least other similar games from other companies do not intentionally place gem traps where your fingers may slip onto, and they attempt to mend issues rather than respond with "too bad" (my personal experience with TL). The fact is, if we as consumers and game players don't make a stand to go beyond complaints and posts to actually quitting and uninstalling these games, we will just fall victim to more price hikes and gem traps. No one ever dropped their prices as a business to be nice. TL is a company, and they are clearly demonstrating that profit is important to them so let's show they no profit until they give, us, the people that gave them this popularity in the first place, what we actually want and need as game players.

I enjoyed your games TL, but I will no longer touch them until the price and gem problems are fixed.

Well said!!!!!!

sourlicorice5
09-12-12, 10:17 AM
Mine hasnt increased :/

Mine hasn't either but if they do it's just another TL game I'll quit. already quit Bakery. And I refuse to buy gems any longer.

quiannag
09-19-12, 08:01 AM
Mine hasn't changed either. I'm at the 18x21 expansion and it's still $3M. Maybe it's an update that's being rolled out?

Fennelseed
09-19-12, 10:41 PM
Guess it's a rollout.... not sure why, because they already have over 100 pages of complaints when they did the same thing with Bakery Story ... yet, they are pulling it at RS now? Read that thread, and you will see that teamlava is not planning on changing back and in their minds they have decided this will improve gameplay... *sigh*

MamaBear2515
09-27-12, 11:56 AM
if they increase prices in restaurant and fashion too im done playing ive been playing for over a year now and i loved these games and now in bakery story i cant get anywhere in it. the new halloween goals are about a joke. 90,000 coins for counters!!! its ridiculous!!!! i seriously am fed up with what they are doing and me and all of my neighbors and friends that i had recommended these games to have now quit with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jamesdean1957
09-29-12, 04:16 PM
Hey buddy there a thousand more people like you!

M_Heath
09-29-12, 08:26 PM
Wow Really, The Game Not That Serious Who Is Gonna Spend Real Life Money On The Game , Wow Smh

mattyboo1
09-29-12, 08:28 PM
I buy gems

M_Heath
09-29-12, 08:39 PM
Well I Wouldnt Spend 30 Dollars, Yall aCt like its a real life restaurant . Its Just A Game

neuroticarmadillo
10-02-12, 07:42 AM
It's a disappointment nonetheless. Personally, as a new player, I have no intentions of ever buying gems. It isn't worth it, the gem to cash ratio is a ripoff.

And as for coins, all the items are so expensive, I cook my butt off for a weak little pile of coins that gets me one table. And maybe a chair, if I'm lucky and it doesn't cost gems to match my chairs/tables. Same with BS.

I love buying gems/"pro" items in games but TeamLava's games don't seem worth it right now and I struggle to play as a newbie because of how much in-game items cost. Either a ton of gems that I won't have for a long time or more coins than I'd make in a month of playing.

Very frustrating.