PDA

View Full Version : 9/7 Monster Story Manual Update

bigbux3
09-07-12, 07:10 PM
Well, there's a new update in the App Store for those who don't know, and I immediately noticed that there is a new icon.

http://i45.tinypic.com/24qqwkk.jpg

Monster Story
http://i50.tinypic.com/oqaud4.jpg

And maybe the Blue Blob was removed from the game.

cast1532
09-07-12, 07:12 PM
I'm going to update my app in a few minutes.

cast1532
09-07-12, 07:17 PM
I miss my lava. I didn't want water.

bigbux3
09-07-12, 07:37 PM
I miss my lava. I didn't want water.

I actually wanted water.

There's nothing new in this update. No new features. No new goals. No new content.

soundthehorn
09-08-12, 12:44 AM
why did they change the icon to a dragon?

anketam
09-08-12, 03:40 AM
Because a Blue blob not as cool as a moon walking diamond pegasus or an egg shaped dragon?

BellaNicole_NYC
09-08-12, 06:02 AM
I personally think the update is a joke. First off the only things that are changed are the splash screen (changed from Blue Blob which was COOL looking) to the fruity looking Pegasus (reduces the contrast of the brilliant design to one of), the app icon which looks lame and just rips off another game and makes the game look cheap like Dragonvale graphics instead of the stunning high-rez vectors - all of the lava was changed to water (which stinks because we have water in Dragon Story so lava was a nice change), and the caretaker was changed to a cupcake girl from the Pirate (which I personally HATE as I cant stand that chick - bring back the pirate captain and the lava). Personally I think all of these visual changes downgrades the game visually as it was much cooler before and now its sorta lame.

Here are things that could have been changed instead which was passed over for visual downgrades:
1.) The fact that none of the bugs I encountered over the last month were even fixed like selling full habitats loaded with monsters - major bug still not fixed!
2.) the ability to rotate habitats - all of the habitats have to face one direction because they don't have the artwork done for the flipsides. The only one they fixed was the Diamond habitat rotation and they fixed this last week without the update because your diamond would disappear if you rotated the habitat.
3.) Decorations - spend less time on re-doing splash screens and give us more than just 2 plants, 1 stone walkway and banners.
4.) Movement bug - sometimes when you try to move a habitat it will show a pop up with a sell command instead of moving - so basically as you drag the habitat it tries to sell it and if you don't pay attention it WILL sell it for you - this is.
5.) Increase the lvls from lvl 30 - I mean it takes less than a week or two to go from lvl 0 to lvl 30 - seriously at least in DS the last lvl was 63.
6.) Fix the lag of the sync - it is really frustrating when you feed a monster and evolve it, move it back to your habitat, and then 3 seconds later the monster is back on the evolve temple - or feed it up to lvl ten then the game resets and your back to lvl 6 again - and this will happen over and over and over. This also happens when you clear your land and there hasn't been visitors in 20 minutes but then all of a sudden you have to clear your land all over again.
7.) Change the name of Palmwing to Pamwing or something so we can actually type it. - This is nitpicking but I can give you over 100+ nitpicking issues

Try making the game better instead of downgrading it. What I would really like to know is what exactly did you fix in the game to make it more streamlined and what bugs did you fix because I have been through the game and I don't see any changes that actually make a difference to game play.

coolgamegirl27
09-08-12, 09:47 AM
The only difference, apart from visual ones above is that it now takes 18 hour for Dream Bird and 8 hours for Blue Blob. As usual TL cause more problems than they actually fix.

BellaNicole_NYC
09-08-12, 10:06 AM
I just tested the blue blob on my update and it's still 230 seconds and only showing up in the Blue category like normal.

bigbux3
09-08-12, 10:12 AM
This update was worthless. All they did was change visual features. Adding water falls instead of lava.

shakiba
09-08-12, 12:36 PM
This update was worthless. All they did was change visual features. Adding water falls instead of lava.

I think they also changed the farm (before being upgraded) too. It looks different.

bigbux3
09-08-12, 01:48 PM
I think they also changed the farm (before being upgraded) too. It looks different.

That's what I thought.

riitzc
09-08-12, 03:15 PM
I wanted to update but there seems to be no update for Android.

seattlestown
09-08-12, 03:55 PM
I much prefer the original icon. It was rich and colorful and now looks cheap... Not reflective at all of the actual game graphics