PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is going on?!? Gift giving question

hayjam627
09-07-12, 06:09 PM
First of all, I keep getting multiple requests from my neighbors asking me for different materials (ie Brown paint, party favors, RSvPs, and cherry wood). The one big problem is that NONE of these items are available for me to send to them! Why have an item that no one is able to obtain because their neighbors can't gift it to them?

Second, which adds to my first problem, is that I had added on a room that I needed sheeting and cherry wood. I had all of the sheeting, but cannot get the cherry wood. Why you ask? Because none of my neighbors can gift it to me like it says. Now I am stuck with an unfinished room, I cannot add any other rooms till its finished, and I can't delete the room (yet another problem) so that I can buy a room that does not require construction items.
I really enjoyed this game when I first got it and now I am so frustrated I just want to delete it!

marrrina
09-07-12, 06:41 PM
1. Not all items requested are gifts. Some are special items that are only accessible when requested. Some of these items must be used to complete the goals, like the votive candle, and others for construction, like brown paint.

2. I'm not sure if this applies to you but from what I read on another forum, someone purchased a room to build, and then TL removed that size room. As a result that person cannot get the necessary items and are stuck with an unbuilt room. Pretty sure I read that Kooky reported that particular issue.

lattelaugh
09-08-12, 07:01 AM
When neighbors request things, all you have to do is hit "accept" and they receive it. You don't need to go into your gifts and send it. Now, when I have a neighbor ask for something that you CAN gift, such as nails, I usually accept their request AND go and gift them another one, so as to give them double. But for the other things, just hit accept and you're finished. If you can request the cherry wood, you should be able to receive it. If it won't let you request it, that's a glitch.

I don't like that the room sizes aren't list now. :-/

Luna48
09-08-12, 07:25 AM
Hi marrrina. I was the person who could not build the 6X6. Kooky must have reported it because eventually when I hit "build", it built the room even though I did not have all the required parts. (Kinda amazing what TL can do to fix a problem when they want to). Now I'm leaving because of the extraordinary reduction in coin earnings. Eight hours to earn 3,600 coins just doesn't work for me. My next expansion is 83,000 coins. Even if I could manage to start a "job" every two hours (earning 1800) I would have to do 46 jobs - that's 92 continuous hours or almost four days without sleep. LOL Just not worth it. Hope you're enjoying the game.

marrrina
09-08-12, 07:52 AM
Hope you're enjoying the game.

Not much anymore :(

hayjam627
09-08-12, 12:29 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies. I was really upset when I thought that I couldn't send what my neighbors were needing. If I understand, as long as I click accept on the request, it is still sending them the requested item? Then if it is a request for something such as nails, glass pane, etc. that are in my gift list, I have to send those items that way? I'm still bummed that I'm stuck on the room expansion until they fix that problem, but at least I can do other things. Also wish there was a way to delete construction items if I decide not to build them.

marrrina
09-08-12, 01:54 PM
You can send gifts out in bulk (select the Social / Neighbors tab, pick any individual neighbor, and the available gifts will appear. You can pick a gift and check off everyone or a select group to send them to.) As for people requesting specific gifts, so long as you click 'accept' they will get it.

lattelaugh
09-08-12, 03:25 PM
Requests are separate from gifting your neighbors. You hit accept, and the gift will be sent. So even for nails, all you have to do is click accept. If you accept and then go gift, they should get two. I do that sometimes. At least that is how I understand it.