PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Question

sunnyazchica
09-06-12, 07:42 PM
The other day I had multiple expansion options - @ $3m, $4m, $6m, etc. I had 3m coins but just had a chance to get around to actually expanding today. Now all the other options are missing and it only says $6m. It took weeks to get to the point of affording expansion. If it seriously is only letting me expand at $6m that will take weeks more to get there. I am seriously hoping it is not the price hike, because I don't have the patience to take a couple of months to ever get to expand.

sweetstuff525
09-06-12, 07:45 PM
Yeah tl decided to double the prices on everything... From decor to tables chairs recipes, expansions , cost of appliances... Cost of walls

It's ridiculous

88dalejr
09-06-12, 07:54 PM
Yes prices went up. Last night my next expansion was 20 million and now it's 40 million. It would take me years to earn enough coins to expand with these inflated costs. I guess I don't need a bigger bakery anyways!!!

stitcherla
09-06-12, 08:12 PM
Ridiculous Inflation��

MJsSweetTreats
09-06-12, 08:40 PM
Same problem as everyone else. The original prices were way too high because it takes so much time to earn that much money.What is the logic for this increase?? Please restore the original prices!!

sunnyazchica
09-06-12, 10:22 PM
That is so sad. I was hoping it was a fluke since I had game issues with this new version that has the goals and stuff.

CookieFortune
09-07-12, 03:07 AM
What bothers me most is that they just did this without any announcement, not even a message afterwards. Just had to find out yourself that prices changed overnight, so rude. I'd been saving up for weeks for my expansion. When I thought I had enough, prices suddenly doubled. Maybe next time I think I've reached my goal, they'll change it again. Trust is gone, you never know when they pull a trick on you again. Don't enjoy playing if everything can be different in a few hours.

3squares
09-07-12, 04:24 AM
This happened to me, too. I had enough to expand in my 2nd bakery but I wanted to wait another day so as to have enough cash to decorate a little after expansion. Overnight, the price of everything doubled, including the cost of recipes!

I have closed both my bakeries (and my restaurant) in response to these price increases.

So have many of my neighbors.

savage_mel
09-07-12, 10:18 AM
I just came to look at the forums to see if anyone else was having the same problem. My next expansion was $5 mil. I have been saving for MONTHS! I have $4.5mil now and suddenly my next expansion is $10mil!! What the hell TL

lythy78
09-07-12, 10:59 AM
Ive been saving for what seems ages to get 7mil for my next expansion and i have just got enough now. So i have just gone to expand only to find the next expansion will actually cost me 14mil not 7mil. What is the point of this, why double all the prices, its just going to put people of playing. Its going to take alot longer now to save for things and people are just going to get fed up waiting. This is sooo annoying!!!!!

MrPiMan
09-07-12, 11:50 AM
I have closed both my bakeries (and my restaurant) in response to these price increases.
So have many of my neighbors.

I don't know if I am one of your neighbors but I just blocked my door. (Did you know you can block the door with the door open? Cool!) I'm waiting for my current dishes to finish up and once they do, I'll store all my appliances.

I'm thinking of instead of blocking the door setting up a series of tables to corral the customers so they can come in but get no food! I'm about a year into Bakery Story (level 97) and the price increase on the additional appliances (49 Gems!!!) is absurd. That works out to $10/appliance. The cost increase on the other goods just pushed things over the top.

On some levels though, I look forward to giving up Bakery Story as I won't always have to keep checking my phone to see if the dishes are done. Probably will improve relations with the wife as well.

sandyflay
09-07-12, 02:37 PM
This also explains why it seems as though my coins are increasing so slowly. I came here to find out why my expansion cost jumped to 4M suddenly, not realizing that everything doubled. I finally reach enough levels with enough appliances to make it fun (redesigning because it certainly isn't much fun baking, serving and tipping) and now I am back to baking and serving and tipping for weeks to earn the coins needed to expand and add more. Deleted Empire Story and Farm Town because it was too much work and not much fun and Bakery Story is probably next. Just hoping TL will wise up and change it back NOW! Even if I stick it out to get to the 4M expansion, I'll be faced with months of work to be able to get to the fun part. Disappointed TL!