PDA

View Full Version : Bread oven + french bread + French flag + goal = You lose

MomsHouseofSweets
09-06-12, 09:04 AM
I don't get it ... I had a goal to meet that was to bake 4 loaves of french bread, which I did and served them. The second half of the goal was to get 2 French flags and you had to ask neighbors for this flag. Ok ... I baked and served the bread, asked neighbors for the flag and then, I get the message (goal notice) that the goal was "lost". What???

So, I gather that since part of the goal was to get 2 French flags ... you ask your neighbors and they aren't able to either send you the flag, because they don't have the French flag gift option, or are busy and can't get to it quickly, the goal is lost and the coins you invested to complete this goal, was for nothing. So, I gather that there's a time limit on certain goals?? If there is, there was no way of knowing and we can't control that anyway. Hardly seems fair, does it. Well, not to me.

kooky panda
09-06-12, 10:10 AM
I have never seen this "lost" notice before. Did you happen to get a screenshot?
So is this goal now gone or is it still showing up under your goals list?

lilacpear
09-06-12, 10:26 AM
I don't get it ... I had a goal to meet that was to bake 4 loaves of french bread, which I did and served them. The second half of the goal was to get 2 French flags and you had to ask neighbors for this flag. Ok ... I baked and served the bread, asked neighbors for the flag and then, I get the message (goal notice) that the goal was "lost". What???

So, I gather that since part of the goal was to get 2 French flags ... you ask your neighbors and they aren't able to either send you the flag, because they don't have the French flag gift option, or are busy and can't get to it quickly, the goal is lost and the coins you invested to complete this goal, was for nothing. So, I gather that there's a time limit on certain goals?? If there is, there was no way of knowing and we can't control that anyway. Hardly seems fair, does it. Well, not to me.

Yes, I vaguely recall that, when I started playing BS a few months ago, I "lost" two of the French challenges... not really sure why I lost, as I followed all instructions to the T and I completed every requirement. I still unlocked the Bread Oven, though, so I didn't pay much attention to the fact that I "lost". Back then, I was still unsure how the goals worked, so I paid this very little mind.

Were you not awarded coins or XP in the end?

-lp

caramel54
09-06-12, 10:53 AM
Maybe there was a time limit and you didn't finish in time. That happened to me in FS and PSS. I was so mad because I spent all of the effort into the goals and then they expired before I could complete them! >:-(

insydr79
09-06-12, 11:47 AM
I "lost" a couple challenges as well, that being one of them. I'm assuming it is part of the game play to complete the challenges, but obviously as humans we don't "win" everything, maybe this was an intended piece of play. No worries, kept moving forward, and completed all challenges to this point.

bercause
09-06-12, 02:37 PM
I think everyone loses on the french bread challenge. I know I did. You still unlock the next goal though.

In the Pierre challenges you are competing against him by cooking certain recipes. You win some and you lose some. I don't think there is anything you did wrong. :)

purplegem611
09-06-12, 07:09 PM
I think it was set that way Pierre wins that round or something like that. Then you ave a chance to beat him again. But you probably got your rewards. I did this so long ago though I could be way off! LoL

MomsHouseofSweets
09-06-12, 09:23 PM
The goal appeared, I began working on it right away. Baked and served the 4 loaves of french bread and followed directions to ask friends for the French flag. The goal closed (was lost) before any of my friends had a chance to send a flag, even if they were able to. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a screen shot ... wish I had! The goal is no longer there. There was a windows goal that I had to do twice, because the first time didn't work. I posted about that earlier.

sweettooth6
09-07-12, 07:50 AM
I think it's supposed to be a playful joke since you're in a mock competition with a french chef. Of course he's going to bake better french bread. It doesn't mean users did anything wrong.