PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Weekly Update 9-6-12

greygull
09-05-12, 09:11 PM
Teasers from DW:

http://media-cache-lt0.pinterest.com/upload/281123201710896183_05tmcMNe_f.jpg

Get ready to try the Bleu Ribbon Burger in Restaurant Story!

http://media-cache0.pinterest.com/upload/281123201710903397_QuBwDgmQ_f.jpg

Then it's time to add a Burger Grill to your eatery in Restaurant Story!

BoredOOMM
09-05-12, 09:37 PM
This Android user is very happy with this update. The game is faster, and finally Android has parts inventory to know how many parts are available for build-able appliances.

luv4quiltz
09-05-12, 11:02 PM
This Android user is very happy with this update. The game is faster, and finally Android has parts inventory to know how many parts are available for build-able appliances.

YAY for the new parts inventory! :-)

arale_norimaki
09-06-12, 03:16 AM
When will the burger grill be available? so looking forward to having it!

marrrina
09-06-12, 05:39 AM
They're ****ing me with these new appliances -_____-

TexasFarmerBarb
09-06-12, 07:02 AM
Why couldn't this burger be added to the little blue charcoal grill instead of having to make another stove?!?! That grill only has one item to make need more!!!

Potatocat
09-06-12, 07:14 AM
These look super cute!! VERY EXCITED!

arale_norimaki
09-06-12, 07:58 AM
I agree that appliances with only one rercipe are a pain in the arm :-P
But I like new appliances, no matter how. just hope one week we'll get the "At least 6 recipes per appliance" update :-D

dria_91
09-06-12, 09:25 AM
Sigh......how many gosh darn GRILLS do we need! Come on TL! This will be like the goth grill! This better have more than one recipe on it....

dria_91
09-06-12, 09:25 AM
*meant to say fifth grill (stupid iPhone auto correct)

greygull
09-06-12, 11:13 AM
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l581/Greygull42/1e75ebdaca45a4c3d7ef217dd09bca7b.jpg
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l581/Greygull42/1f2210aee838b309acfde3a29143f6a9.jpg

Forgot to grab a pic of the grill, but here's the parts:
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l581/Greygull42/8f46ee044d7d06040a3b1ec89151701d.jpg

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l581/Greygull42/4ca9aa9ab096f850ae4257bc9cfc42d5.jpg
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l581/Greygull42/670f02f591a8a4b37473c33b7fec4b50.jpg
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l581/Greygull42/c578e77d936ec79a4a8e229c11fcfedb.jpg

pattypopo
09-06-12, 11:14 AM
Just got the update. Diner theme. LTO is a motorcycle. Everything is gems except one sign.

LalaSmooth
09-06-12, 12:36 PM
http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj518/JasEllaOx/1CCA337E-A116-4F1E-A88B-2D3EFED2180A-386-000000319D5CF5E9.jpg here are the recipes!!

RealFarmer1222
09-06-12, 01:01 PM
oh...I must have the "Good Eats" sign!

luv4quiltz
09-06-12, 01:17 PM
:(Has anyone noticed you can't shrink or expand your restaurant size with this update? I now have to scroll around to see my entire restaurant. Before, I could shrink it so it was all viewable on the screen.

Also, if making more tane one of same dish, must now have to scroll thru entire list each time. It used to open on the last recipe you selected. This is a real pain! :(

luv4quiltz
09-06-12, 01:18 PM
Sorry for the extra emoticons above!

greygull
09-06-12, 01:19 PM
:(Has anyone noticed you can't shrink or expand your restaurant size with this update? I now have to scroll around to see my entire restaurant. Before, I could shrink it so it was all viewable on the screen.

Also, if making more tane one of same dish, must now have to scroll thru entire list each time. It used to open on the last recipe you selected. This is a real pain! :(

I'm guessing you're on Android? Which device and it's version?

I've flagged about the cookbook resetting, trying to get info about the zoom issue.

jay1314
09-06-12, 01:26 PM
Actually love the vintage theme if they get some affordable coin wallpaper/ tiles I would love to redesign my restaraunt

moe1897
09-06-12, 03:08 PM
How do i name my restaurant?

bigbux3
09-06-12, 03:22 PM
http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj518/JasEllaOx/1CCA337E-A116-4F1E-A88B-2D3EFED2180A-386-000000319D5CF5E9.jpg here are the recipes!!

Oh look!!! ONLY 3 RECIPES!!!!! THIS APPLIANCE WAS ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TL, you need to listen!!!

nmishii
09-06-12, 04:16 PM
Oh look!!! ONLY 3 RECIPES!!!!! THIS APPLIANCE WAS ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TL, you need to listen!!!

Look at the bright side ... its 50% more recipes than on the smoker pit and outdoor grill combined, and same as the fire pit grill. :p

Although the burger grill costs more than the outdoor grill, smoker pit, and fire pit grill combined. :(

bigbux3
09-06-12, 04:21 PM
Look at the bright side ... its 50% more recipes than on the smoker pit and outdoor grill combined, and same as the fire pit grill. :p

Although the burger grill costs more than the outdoor grill, smoker pit, and fire pit grill combined. :(

The recipes on the Burger Grill, the Outdoor Grill, and the Smoker Pit ALL should've went in the Grill!

No need for new appliances unless you'd actually need them in real life!

Overall, I didn't like any of the updates. Except the one in Bakery Story. I also want the prices to go back to normal.

shakiba
09-06-12, 04:24 PM
What's a motorcycle doing in a restaurant?

sweetstuff525
09-06-12, 04:26 PM

the same thing a clown car is doing in farm lol omg tl is hilarious

felicitybliss
09-06-12, 04:27 PM

My first thought was a hard rock theme. The only other places I've seen a motorcycle in a restaurant was at the harley Davidson restaurant in las Vegas and in a biker bar/restaurant/dive in the middle of nowhere.

bigbux3
09-06-12, 05:10 PM
This is correct. TeamLava doesn't make content we suggest.

redlipstouch
09-06-12, 06:10 PM
Actually love the vintage theme if they get some affordable coin wallpaper/ tiles I would love to redesign my restaraunt

Im with u! Love the new old dinner look! Keep on going <3

KafkaZola
09-06-12, 06:45 PM

I can shrink my restaurant but I definitely agree on the scrolling issue when making the same recipe. It made me want to scream. And, for once, I wasn't even doing all 20 appliances at the same time! I hope they fix that as it will take me forever to cook if it remains.

I was THRILLED about being able to see all my gifted parts, though. As an Android user, that's something I'd desperately wanted. (And if one can just wish, I wish we had a tab just for parts in the gifting to neighbors section so that I don't have to scroll past all the food to get to the latest new part.)

sup4mo
09-06-12, 08:40 PM
What is up with this not accepting my red gears from my nbr's? I have gotten over ten as gifts and it is still stuck on 7, so that makes about 17 that I should have such was enough to almost make two. Grrrrr

sehana
09-06-12, 08:42 PM
What is up with this not accepting my red gears from my nbr's? I have gotten over ten as gifts and it is still stuck on 7, so that makes about 17 that I should have such was enough to almost make two. Grrrrr

That happens to me too, but don't forget to take into account the different time zones :p :)

BoredOOMM
09-06-12, 09:41 PM

I've flagged about the cookbook resetting, trying to get info about the zoom issue.

No Zoom issues here.

Android Samsung sch-i500 (Mesmerize) running 2.2.1
RS version was download from Play Store last night as update.

Could be issue with needing uninstall/re-install from Play Store to correct zoom.

iSleepyPanda
09-06-12, 10:09 PM
Hmmm, I don't see the inventory for parts on Android. Where is it located?

luv4quiltz
09-06-12, 11:11 PM

I've flagged about the cookbook resetting, trying to get info about the zoom issue....

Hi Grey...yes on Lenovo Tablet - Android 3.2.1. Also noticed tonite my keyboard settings in RS no longer work. My touch keyboad lists suggested words based on letters typed which is huge timesaver when leaving wall posts, and now not working in RS. All of these issues seem to only be happening in RS. I also play Farm story and everything works fine there. I wil never be able to get thru leaving msgs for all my neighbors with total manual entry! :-(

kittycountess
09-07-12, 12:19 AM
*meant to say fifth grill (stupid iPhone auto correct)Lol, I thought, "Goth grill??? Must have been asleep for that one." :D

minidemon88
09-07-12, 02:18 AM
Not so fond of this week update. RS always have some of the weirdest thing. I'm alright with the red motorcycle, though I would much prefer a vintage s******. Haha..~

New appliance cost 55,000 coins. @__@

kieranyeow
09-07-12, 06:12 AM
Hungry Now~!!!!

greygull
09-07-12, 10:52 AM

Hi Grey...yes on Lenovo Tablet - Android 3.2.1. Also noticed tonite my keyboard settings in RS no longer work. My touch keyboad lists suggested words based on letters typed which is huge timesaver when leaving wall posts, and now not working in RS. All of these issues seem to only be happening in RS. I also play Farm story and everything works fine there. I wil never be able to get thru leaving msgs for all my neighbors with total manual entry! :-(

Thanks! I've flagged about the copy/paste keyboard issue also :)

serabat
09-07-12, 12:49 PM
Does anyone know more about the goals that came with the new update?

luv4quiltz
09-07-12, 05:50 PM
Thanks! I've flagged about the copy/paste keyboard issue also :)

Thanks Greygull! So question... if I uninstall and reinstall app, will it prompt for me to enter my ID and password? I dont remember my pw because I never have to enter it, so I'm afraid of getting locked out of the game if reinstalled. Thanks!

greygull
09-07-12, 06:25 PM
Thanks Greygull! So question... if I uninstall and reinstall app, will it prompt for me to enter my ID and password? I dont remember my pw because I never have to enter it, so I'm afraid of getting locked out of the game if reinstalled. Thanks!

No, you won't have to worry - Google Play doesn't password protect (which I personally really don't like). Just uninstall, go in, and reinstall :)
I had to do this for Bakery this morning - pain and worry free!

iSleepyPanda
09-08-12, 06:29 AM
Is there a slow roll out for the parts inventory on Android phones? I still don't have it.

nmishii
09-08-12, 08:15 AM
The parts inventory is part of an update from the Google Play Store. You need to update your game in order to see the parts count.

LoviepetsGarden
09-08-12, 11:14 AM
Android too. No zoom issues but I do not have the parts invenntory visibility.

luv4quiltz
09-08-12, 07:27 PM

Hi Graygull, wanted to provide update. I uninstalled/reinstalled the game. My keyboard still is not functioning with auto word suggestion. This issue began with this recent update and works fine everywhere else except for RS, including Farm Story.

Also, clarification needed for zoom issue. My zoom function works, however when zoomed out, used to be able to see entire restaurant. Now I must scroll around to see all 4 corners. I can no longer zoom out far enough to see all. I can live without this function, but loosing keyboard functionality is horrible and makes leaving posts for my nbors very time consuming compared to before this update. I hope TL can fix this!

iSleepyPanda
09-08-12, 10:21 PM
I did this twice before posting and I still don't have it. I tried again tonight, nothing. *sigh*

iSleepyPanda
09-08-12, 10:25 PM
I did this twice before posting and I still don't have it. I tried again tonight, nothing. *sigh*

The parts inventory is part of an update from the Google Play Store. You need to update your game in order to see the parts count.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...

KadeeDid
09-09-12, 07:14 AM
I have a lot of red gears but can't find the appliance to buy. I am drowning in red gears!

KadeeDid
09-09-12, 07:16 AM
I have a lot of red gears but can't find the appliance to buy. I am drowning in red gears!

never mind. I found it. A few minutes ago, it was not there but now is at the beginning!

iSleepyPanda
09-09-12, 05:26 PM
I have the parts inventory now and OMG this if fantastic. I can see what parts are available instead of blindly throwing an appliance down only to see I need to beg for more parts.

FYI, the Amazon download needs to be updated. I originally had the Amazon version since I started playing in August. I finally caved and created a Google account for Google play and got the new update. The new update runs slower and I am having some issues with touchscreen recognition for buildable appliances that still requires parts. Once I place the appliance down (if it's not built) I have a hard time moving it or the tap to see inside the appliance is not recognized. It only happen with unfinished buildable appliances. Everything else is recognized by a tap.

Overall, I'm just happy I can see the parts I have in my inventory. =)

amygdane
09-09-12, 10:15 PM

That's weird. I can still shrink and expand to view after the update. (Android user)
But the issue with the cookbook is very annoying and costly.

myndisue
11-02-13, 11:55 PM

It needs to be there about as much as a petting zoo!