PDA

View Full Version : Possible Breeding Strategy

Horntail21
09-04-12, 05:31 PM
So I have been trying something new and have had some success with it and figured I would share. When I am breeding I count a certain way after I choose my second dragon in my breeding pair. After I choose my second dragon I always say in my head Annnd one, two, three, and breed hitting the breed button upon saying breed in my head. I don't get a rare everytime of course but I am getting them much more often. I haven't kept track of the exact results but since I began doing this I bred 3 scorpions, two eagles, a serpent, a mindvolt, and a honeybee. The thinking behind this is I believe that once you choose your second dragon the combinations of what you can get are spinning like a slot machine and you need timing to hit what you want.

Not confirmed science by any means but maybe give it a shot. Who knows.

Horntail21
09-04-12, 05:33 PM
I basically count to five and hit breed on 5 if that was confusing. Good luck

Horntail21
09-04-12, 05:46 PM
Currently trying to get a forest fire. The only one I've tried to get on purpose cause the only common red green is the life dragon which only takes 3 hrs to breed so if I fail I don't have to wait long to try again. I am breeding epic Wild and epic Life. So far 3 Life and a Wild. Using this strategy I have been egging a rare about one out of five tries. Maybe try a count until you get a rare and try to duplicate the results.

Horntail21
09-05-12, 06:33 PM
Got bored with the wild life combo. Switched to epic fire + epic coral to try for a rare magic fire and got an Athletic in the oven. Didn't expect that one. My first Athletic.

Horntail21
09-06-12, 07:44 AM
Followed by another athletic same breeding pair

kirin53
09-06-12, 12:34 PM
I'll try this strategy out, seems like fun and it won't hurt to try it. :D

FredsFarmm
09-06-12, 02:49 PM
I'm willing to try anything including rubbing my stomach, patting my head while dancing in a circle.

Horntail21
09-06-12, 02:54 PM
Yeah I hear ya. Me too I'm grasping at straws with this theory. I think the original count I was using was more close to 4 seconds total than 5. Pressing breed on 4. Good luck I hope it works out for you guys.

FredsFarmm
09-06-12, 05:53 PM
Horntail, what is the names of the dragons you are using?

Horntail21
09-06-12, 05:58 PM
Horntail, what is the names of the dragons you are using?

When I got the atletics? Coral = Omas and the Fire = Pompi. Coral on the left.

rs788
09-07-12, 06:53 AM
it all about luck
when u r breeding to get the specific dragon which u want u will hardly get it suppose i never want to breed these dragons
seabreez 2
fairy
scorpian
eagle 3
parakeet
these r the dragons which i wasnt wished to get it and the dragons i want to breed r
wizard
titan
familiar my favorate
mistmoth

i always tried to get these but always failed

all depend on LUCK

benbever
09-07-12, 07:58 AM
This kind of superstition has no influence on what dragon you get.
compare to the rituals people use when cathing pok?mon on the gameboy.

Horntail21
09-10-12, 05:12 PM
Whether it works or not it's keeping me sane and giving me hope. Went back to trying for diamond with a 7 island and 7 eagle. Second attempt got a 6hr breed time thought it was a wild but got a landworm in the nest. Third attempt got another 6hr. Maybe another landworm.

Horntail21
09-10-12, 05:19 PM
it all about luck
when u r breeding to get the specific dragon which u want u will hardly get it suppose i never want to breed these dragons
seabreez 2
fairy
scorpian
eagle 3
parakeet
these r the dragons which i wasnt wished to get it and the dragons i want to breed r
wizard
titan
familiar my favorate
mistmoth

i always tried to get these but always failed

all depend on LUCK

For me the theory was never about getting what I wanted really just getting rare and super rare on a more regular basis