PDA

View Full Version : Home Design: New Suggestions

kooky panda
09-04-12, 02:28 PM
What new items would you like to see in your home?

Edit- If you have some thoughts on new "features" for the games you can post here:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?35725-Friday-Feedback-HDS

marrrina
09-04-12, 03:03 PM
Carpet floors
Tiled walls
Gaming consoles
More wallpaper colors
Wallpaper that looks like wood
More wall art
More table setting options
Longer/narrower dining tables (that cost coins!)
A dryer, since there's a washer
Stereo/radio
More coffee tables
A bay window
Less "cutesy" bedspreads and more mature ones

LynnStorm8
09-04-12, 03:32 PM
Hallways

More modern black/white/glass furniture,
for bedroom and bathroom.

lovelove2005
09-04-12, 04:29 PM
Baby decor n double door

bigbux3
09-04-12, 04:36 PM
A new theme.
A new design.
Male items.

marrrina
09-04-12, 06:48 PM
The 8x8 room for coins and not gems :(

yupiyupigumgum
09-04-12, 08:39 PM
A movable door , flowers for the garden , gate and room divider

meteor7
09-04-12, 11:25 PM
More wallpaper colors
More rugs, in different colors and designs
Flowers for garden
More artwork for walls
I second the less cutesy bedding, so sick of girly pink stuff
Floor chandeliers
More candelabras in different colors
Black tile floors
Black wrought iron bed with dark bedding
And I'm still hoping for Halloween Design Story :)

meteor7
09-04-12, 11:26 PM
Oh yeah, a dryer to go with washer and more dining room tables.

xoxjenn
09-04-12, 11:50 PM
- Pets! Like the cats in Bakery Story.
- More wall art.
- Hallways!!!
- Dryer.
- Bay window!
- Pet themed items (houses, toys, rugs).
- Porches/decks.

Forgive me if the game has some of this, I just started playing it today! :)

karelia9
09-05-12, 12:10 AM
- More windows
- Different door designs
- Ability to move the door
- More wallpaper/paint
- Carpet (why is there NO carpet?)
- Office furniture (3 computers, several desks, and not a single office chair)
- Stuff that doesn't disappear into my inventory all the time!

RubiesGalore
09-05-12, 11:02 AM
Pets - rotties, chihuahuas, dobies
homes for the pets
beds for the pets
more bathroom decor
walk in closet
walls and doors

silverwind7
09-06-12, 11:22 AM
- Hallway option would be nice
- Some vampier (yes, vampIER not vampIRE) bedroom furniture... bright colours aren't my thing. Those kiddie looking beds and dressers... No me gusta.
- why does my stuff sometimes randomly disappear into my storage??

sweetbeginings003
09-06-12, 10:53 PM
Arabian theme would be amazing. Saultry Morrocan drapery, even canopy beds with flowy fabrics and rugs...so beautiful. It should be considered for both FS and HD :) :)

nihna
09-07-12, 04:08 AM
I agree with the Arabian them furniture for both home and garden
Like Arabic Fontaine Arabic colum
Arabic windows,doors , wallpeaprs ,beds , sofa, ect.
There is a lot of classy elgent Arabian things you should add it to the game

diverDestiny
09-07-12, 03:41 PM
outdoor volleyball court, pool floats, patio umbrella, beach chairs, bbq, lounge chairs, beach ball, garage, car,

pinksugar800
09-07-12, 04:37 PM
With jobs,
When you pick your job, maybe it can be a mini game and if your successful, maybe get extra coins?

ekkalove
09-09-12, 12:30 PM
Please bring back the 6x6 rooms! Those were the best!

MissHKNY
09-10-12, 03:42 PM
More Electronic/Appliances and any Theme matching furnitures items please. Is it possible to make it work too? Lolz Maybe I am asking for a little too much for now but use to The Sims.

farrels
09-10-12, 03:48 PM
with jobs,
when you pick your job, maybe it can be a mini game and if your successful, maybe get extra coins?
really good idea!!!!!!!!!!

marrrina
09-10-12, 04:20 PM
Children's toys, like stuffed animals or a toy box.

perit
09-11-12, 11:27 AM
Corner sink for kitchen
bench seating for kitchen
rocking chair
wicker patio furniture
fern in a plant stand
potted herbs

evasweets87
09-11-12, 08:21 PM
Weekly sale items!!! 😃

perit
09-12-12, 10:23 AM
China cabinet
Bear skin rug, with head!
Stone fireplace
Small wood pile for fireplace
Checker or chess board
Game table

donnapetersen
09-13-12, 06:25 AM
I would like to see
- Pets
- Porches
-Pets
- Curtains or blinds for windows
- More rug choices
- PETS
- movable doorways
-garage
oh and did I mention Pets?

CioCioSan
09-13-12, 12:13 PM
Still waiting on those hallways....
More wall papers & rugs
More children/baby things
More art for walls
A dryer
More constructables that require goldfish (I could open a pet store with all the ones I have in storage)
Playground things
A redwood dishwasher
An office chair
Modern phone
The option to place the front door somewhere else

Would it be possible to make smaller items (eg. tea cups, phones, etc) just one pixel for easier placement?

ipadrebeccaWL
09-14-12, 12:50 PM
~ Sports cars
~ Statues
~ Bouncy castle
~ Exercise machines
~ more colourful wallpaper

😊👍

meygab
09-15-12, 01:24 AM
hope there will be stairs and second floor, and balcony

ccc5469
09-15-12, 12:17 PM
more wallpapers and floor choices. also it'd be nice to have a way to earn gems instead of having to pay for them like if you download a game you get them or something

queentina3
09-15-12, 04:59 PM
Mine request is more a function than new items.

I would like to be able to move the windows UP or DOWN as well as SIDEWAYS. There are many times I have to move my windows around because they look stupid with the item in front of them blocking just a little bit of the window, so being able to move it up a little bit would be great!

marrrina
09-15-12, 06:27 PM

I would like to be able to move the windows UP or DOWN as well as SIDEWAYS. There are many times I have to move my windows around because they look stupid with the item in front of them blocking just a little bit of the window, so being able to move it up a little bit would be great!

I agree about the up/down aspect. With mirrors as well. It's ridiculous that some mirrors touch the ceiling and some windows are so low that even your countertop blocks half of it.

kooky panda
09-15-12, 06:52 PM

BP has started a Feature Suggestion thread for Home Design.

queentina3
09-15-12, 07:29 PM
BP has started a Feature Suggestion thread for Home Design.

Cool, I copied my post there and added marrina's mirror request as well. :p

leaable
09-16-12, 05:07 PM
Small hallways like a 2x 4

argentina718
09-16-12, 08:27 PM
how about having a second floor??? with stairs or maybe an elevator...
outside : bbq grill and childrens playground, wooden table with chair, tiles for outside like a pool deck, or wooden deck
more toys for kids and babies
more computers and laptops

and maybe a way to earn gems by yourself! like a job or tasks

NiqueArie
09-17-12, 12:30 AM
- Bohemian/artsy furniture.
- Wall Art
- Musical Instruments (e.g. Pianos, Guitars, etc.)
- Pets (that can roam around the house like the visitors)
- Pet Accessories
- Different Iron Board (the current want is just tacky)
- More Rug Options
- Window Seat
- More Ottomans
- No More Girly Bedding (e.g. girls like things besides pink)
- More Mature Bedding
- More Outdoor Furniture and Decor
- Yoga Studio or Workout Room Decor

Really there is so much TeamLava can do with this game. It could be their best game yet.
I also agree with there being a second floor feature with stairs maybe even add a basement into the mix.

fashonfrique
09-17-12, 11:50 AM
I went to buy more land and it asks you to ask permission from your neighbors. So, I asked, but when that boxed closed out I accidentally hit the cancel button. I tried to re-do the whole process and ask the same neighbor, but this could not be done. So, now I am waiting to see if the process will go through even though I didn't get a chance to actually hit the expand button. If not, you guys need to make it so that our neighbor request only be sent through if a player actually fulfills the whole request. Thanks....

fashonfrique
09-17-12, 11:53 AM
Also, where are the upper wall cabinets for the kitchen??

meme1098
09-17-12, 11:57 AM
Upper cabinets would restrict your view of the adjoining room unless they were on an outside wall. Then they would make sense.

meme1098
09-17-12, 12:03 PM
Take that back. Just came from a nbrs. and she had some upper cabinets. They [I]were[I] on an outside wall. She's a level 24 so maybe they aren't available until higher levels.

meme1098
09-17-12, 12:05 PM
Ok that's weird...were was supposed to be italized but dot know about those brackets around it. Where's the edit button on this forum??:confused:

meme1098
09-17-12, 01:02 PM
Also, where are the upper wall cabinets for the kitchen??
Go to the wall tab and you'll find them there.

perit
09-17-12, 01:06 PM
I'd like to be able to add an alcove to an existing room.

meme1098
09-17-12, 03:55 PM
Making doorways to rooms movable. Maybe I'd like to move the bedroom door further down the wall, or the kitchen door.

LadybugLucky
09-17-12, 04:20 PM
I would like to move my doors where I want them. Also choose the door I want.

kokopelligirl80
09-17-12, 06:30 PM
I first want to state I do enjoy playing this game but have been playing for 2 weeks and am already level 30. I would like to keep playing but would like to see some new content such as:
-More room to expand
-Doorways which are able to be placed as wanted or filled in
-Increased selection of small items such as lamps, rugs, vases
-Windows which are able to be moved up & down in addition to side to side
-All walls able to be up or down instead of just outer walls
-Increased selection of side tables, tiles, wallpaper & windows

kokopelligirl80
09-17-12, 06:31 PM
Yes, but they don't match a majority of the cabinets.

kokopelligirl80
09-17-12, 06:34 PM
Go to the wall tab and you'll find them there.

Well they don't match but one option for the kitchen cabinets! What about all the other options. Wouldn't it be wiser to go for a quality selection (matching upper & lower cabinets) instead of a hodgepodge of cabinets?

supernovah
09-17-12, 09:07 PM
More storage items such as chests and ottomans
Wider selection of rugs
More activity-related furniture, such as workout equipment, chairs for home theatre, garage items
Decor such as vases, lamps, sculpture, artwork, potted plants, coat tracks, wine racks, folding screens, etc.

sparish123
09-18-12, 01:59 AM
I am PISSED off at this game! They need an update that gets rid of glitches! I try enter home design all it won't open just screen goes black and I'm back on my main page of my iPod!

fashonfrique
09-18-12, 09:18 AM
Disregard this,it was my first time expanding. I see how it works now....

kokopelligirl80
09-18-12, 04:41 PM
Take that back. Just came from a nbrs. and she had some upper cabinets. They [I]were[I] on an outside wall. She's a level 24 so maybe they aren't available until higher levels.

They are in the "wall section". I guess it doesn't matter that it would make more sense to have them with the kitchen stuff but no waste your time because the upper cabinets don't match the lower cabinets

kooky panda
09-18-12, 04:46 PM
I am PISSED off at this game! They need an update that gets rid of glitches! I try enter home design all it won't open just screen goes black and I'm back on my main page of my iPod!
I believe you need at least IOS version 4.3 to run this game. Check the IOS version of your Ipod.
If you have the correct IOS version, check itunes and make sure your have the most current version of the game.

lareinema
09-18-12, 07:18 PM
More than one sized hallway.

kilton04
09-19-12, 07:48 AM
more hallways
I agree...more modern, less overly designed items
a way to block wall openings

maleah06
09-20-12, 08:49 AM
~Stone tiles
~More wallpaper
~Area rugs
~Paintings/ large portraits
~Love the deck idea
~Door definitely needs to move!!

gravityx9
09-20-12, 10:27 AM
Ability to move the rooms around or swap places.
Movable front entry door and doors to the rooms.
Ability to enlarge room (so the ability to remove wall dividers)

meme1098
09-20-12, 11:24 AM
Would like more outdoor items as well like being able to build a deck, patio furniture (table & chairs set), and maybe a tree or two.
Leather couch & chair would also be nice and more art
Yes and make an option to move or eliminate a doorway.

meme1098
09-20-12, 11:27 AM
Ability to move the rooms around or swap places.
You can move rooms around now. When your in design mode, look up to the right and you will see an option to move rooms. Just click that and then move where you want. Then click accept in lower right. I've used it twice now.

diva59
09-20-12, 12:59 PM
Ok so I have been playing this game and can't expand when they say I can what's up? diva59

meme1098
09-20-12, 01:09 PM
Ok so I have been playing this game and can't expand when they say I can what's up? diva59

Have you bought a lot? When you buy a lot, you need to ask nbrs for permits. First few lots require 2 permits. Once you get the permits, you can actually then use coins to buy the lots. Once the lot is finished then you buy a room to place on it. That requires parts & then there's also a timer on the room so this is not a quick process.

TimeForACuppaTea
09-20-12, 03:04 PM
Need to be able to place rugs with furniture on top of the rug. The rug required to finish one of the quests is HUGE and I can't place it anywhere without removing furniture that I don't want to remove.

kinantiqu
09-22-12, 07:43 AM
Im building the lounge and need some construction parts, there are some in the storage, how to replace it?:(

gravityx9
09-22-12, 01:55 PM
Thanks!

gravityx9
09-22-12, 01:56 PM
You can move rooms around now. When your in design mode, look up to the right and you will see an option to move rooms. Just click that and then move where you want. Then click accept in lower right. I've used it twice now.

Thank you, meme1098!

kwhales
09-22-12, 03:20 PM
I would like expansions to be completed faster-2 days to dig a hole--why so long and to be able to ask for permits when we start digging. That way, we can have enough permits when we start building our room. Then we would have to wait more. The waiting is rough.

meme1098
09-22-12, 04:37 PM
When I started the first couple of expansions I asked for permits from all my nbrs. After a couple of times of doing this I now have a surplus of over 20 permits allowing me to be ready for expansions one after the other. Of course, building the room is the next obstacle. I always get excited when the expansion is ready to build on and then realize I need parts for the room, too. Then I'm all excited again just to realize another wait is in order. Man, it takes along time to expand & build. :mad:

noctual
09-24-12, 01:14 PM
More decor:Flowers, Plants, Wall Art, Rugs, Lights, etc.
More bedroom stuff:Dressers and Drawers, End Tables, Accessories, etc.
More bathroom stuff: Toilets, Sinks, etc.
Ability to place "Doorways" including ability to place them to the outside of house so gardens and pools are more accesible.

maleah06
09-24-12, 02:27 PM
moveable door !!!!!!!!

meme1098
09-24-12, 08:24 PM
Some potted plants for indoor decorating. I've seen some houses with plants growing out if the floor. ;)
It's just weird looking

maleah06
09-25-12, 10:25 AM
Narrow hallways! About 2x8 or 2x10....

elin0102
09-25-12, 12:26 PM
We need to be able to remove, or at least move, the interior doors!

I have several rooms with 5 doors and having to decorate the rooms either according to where all the doors are or trying to ignore them is a bit of an akward choice no matter how you look at it.

I also have one that'll end up with 7 doors once I build the next couple of rooms. I think that number speaks for itself?

killbethy
09-25-12, 10:14 PM
-More windows
-Movable doorways
-Expanded "empty" property (ie. a front lawn)
-A garage added (along with possibility to build a driveway, add cars, etc.)
-More outdoor decorations and furniture
-The ability to display walls in ALL rooms (and add decorations/wallpaper, etc. to these walls as well)
-Adding different furniture themes for all rooms in the house (Antique, French, Retro, Modern, Steampunk, etc.)
-Different color finishes and fabrics available for furniture designs (instead of only one pre-designed option per item)
-More floor coverings... particularly types like tile or marble for bathrooms and kitchens.
-Reducing the necessary squares for fences and "tabletop" items from 4 to 2.
-More windows and curtains (not pre-attached to the windows) at a variety of heights
-More decorative "tabletop" items, like lamps, etc.
-Porches/decks!
-More wall decor items.
-Enough furniture to "fill" each type of room (example. There isn't enough office-type furniture to fill the "Posh Office" space or enough game room items for the "Game Room" and very few items that would fit a "Grand Ballroom" or even decorate a Hallway!)
-Increase the pay for jobs and add more time variations for jobs as well. It shouldn't take 80+ consecutive hours to make 52,000 coins... not even enough to buy certain rooms.
-A workshop to "craft" your own furniture
-An "outdoor view" so the home can be seen on the outside and decorated that way as well (Shingles, Walls painted, Driveways, Roofing, etc.)
-Adding stairwells and multiple stories.

Lateesha32
09-27-12, 05:02 AM
I know this has probably been brought up but I would love to see more color options. My favorite color is red and there aren't many decorative items that are red and the ones that are cost too much in gems.

CioCioSan
09-27-12, 10:02 AM
There's been many great suggestions from day one and many have been repeated over and over again (I hope the TL team is paying attention to which ones have been suggested MANY times). So I just have one tiny little wish to add: a bicycle for women - as all the models available are men's models. :)

howdy2you
09-27-12, 10:07 AM
Diagonally placed chairs even if it takes up 4 squares.

xoxoBabyGirl
09-28-12, 03:56 AM
white floors or tiles

PenguinFlop
09-28-12, 05:56 PM
We are always watching... >.>

Please keep in mind that things take time to implement into any game, and not all suggestions can be implemented into the games. This is just a reminder that we do read over your suggestions, and pass them along to the development team.

Keep the suggestions flowing, and have a great weekend!

Tempete8
09-28-12, 07:34 PM
I have a suggestion.. Make this game for Andriod

circoit
09-29-12, 09:59 AM
I wish that there were matching sinks available for all the counter options available for the kitchen. I love the green, grey, and cool counters - but I can't decorate my kitchen with them because none of the sink options work.

KadeeDid
09-29-12, 11:15 AM
We need to be able to remove, or at least move, the interior doors!

I have several rooms with 5 doors and having to decorate the rooms either according to where all the doors are or trying to ignore them is a bit of an akward choice no matter how you look at it.

I also have one that'll end up with 7 doors once I build the next couple of rooms. I think that number speaks for itself?

the doors drive me crazy and I either block with furniture or place them strangely so I end up with green areas in the middle.

lilliejen
10-04-12, 12:40 AM
-pets
-pet accessories
-barbeque
-jacuzzi
-pool accessories
-a different ironing board, the purple one is hideous
-dryer to go with the washer
-laundry basket
-fish aquarium
-more tea-pots/tea cups
-a modern phone, the yellow + blue ones are goofy
-make-up or a mirror with a basket of make-up at it
-more clothing items for a walk-in closet, there is only a wall of shoes
-food items for in the kitchen ie: cake on a stand, pop-corn, bowl of ice-cream, plate of lasagna + salad, plate of spaghetti, juice in a glass, bottle of wine
-cake mixer
-lawn mower
-more flowers in vauses and for garden
-exercise machines ie: treadmill
-children's accessories ie toy box + stuffed animals + rocking horse
-male accessories
-bathroom accessories ie: toothbrush holder with toothbrushes, kleenex box, loofa, hair-dryer
-an office chair to go with all the computers + desks
-shelf of movies
-nintendo-game console
-more rugs
-china cabinet
-the ability to tear down walls to expand a room
-the ability to decide where the room entrance goes
-the ability to move the windows up + down
-small items to only be 1 pixel, I hate that they're 4 pixels and I can only fit 2 items on a coffee table that can clearly fit 4 items
-more modern beds, I don't like all the flashy neon colours
-more wallpaper colours
-more floor tile/carpet options

divadonna78
10-04-12, 02:54 PM
I agree with a lot of the earlier suggestions ie more wall art, lighting, a dryer, rugs, i d like to see a dishwasher that matches the marble kitchen cabinetry and more decorations ie knick knacks, higher up windows, to be able to move the front or make the main living room expandable. Ty!

divadonna78
10-04-12, 02:56 PM
I agree completely with lillijean

bibimbapasaur
10-04-12, 06:27 PM
I definitely agree with the previous suggestions. I just wanted to add:

-a mini fridge
-more sports equipment (football, basketball hoop, etc)
-posters for the wall (like movie posters, monster posters, etc)
-doors to the backyard
-shelves for the wall
-more clocks
-end tables for the living room (or more nightstands that double as end tables)
-trees
-christmas lights/fairylights

tyram2012
10-04-12, 10:04 PM
What about a wet bar, stuff for a man-cave, exercise equipment like a treadmill, or stationary bike.

pbrigitte
10-05-12, 03:09 AM
Rococo furniture!

raven1214
10-05-12, 03:59 PM
Ability to Center Items Better And to turn sideways so we can place furniture in the corners.
Better Rugs and Shapes
More Expansions or the ability to have more than one Home
A Swimming Pool that looks nice - boy is the one we can get ugly!
Tiles for outside so we can tile around the pool, all we have are grey stones
End Tables
Better ability to place items on tables, etc.
Bar items, Cocktail glasses, Drinks, Beer mugs etc.
Kitchen items don't all have everything that matches. yellow kitchen stuff has no sink...etc...
Better Wall Art!

loved the japanese update!

kwhales
10-06-12, 07:41 AM
This isn't a new suggestion, but land is in much need by apparently many players. So, LAND please.

4kiwi
10-06-12, 02:10 PM
The choice of changing the colour of everything. Having 10 different colours on every furniture...

msmarge567
10-07-12, 04:09 PM
I'd like to see more gift options, the gems are great, and the contsructible items are ok, but I think it would be great to be able to gift decoration items or furniture, etc. with option to sell if desired for coins.

Cali💜Dream

OlivesEatery
10-08-12, 04:32 AM
Pets, excellent idea xoxjenn! 😄

malibu22baby
10-09-12, 12:48 PM
make available for Droid. would love to play this game if it was available please and thank you

malibu22baby
10-09-12, 04:33 PM
make available to droid users. would love to play home design

xokay
10-09-12, 06:04 PM
i haven't read through all the pages of the thread so it could have been suggested already, but i hate that only the rooms on the outside wall can have wallpaper on them. I want all my rooms to be able to have wallpaper, even if i can only see a little section of it.

ronisrack2011
10-10-12, 05:18 PM
Would love to see limited time offers that way every home is a little different. It would also encourage gem purchases. We definatly need weekly updates as ppl r getting bored already. We haven't had an up date in 2 weeks!

cpebbles73
10-11-12, 12:06 AM
Make more masculine items beds, dressers, lamps etc. more colors give it up with all these pastels already pink is nice but it not the only color in the rainbow, more navy blues , dark greens , rust, browns, bur***dy, blacks, marigold yellow,tans ,reds etc... For the beds, rugs, sofas , furniture,lamps,etc. a china cabinet for the dinning room,a hutch for the kitchen.more rugs Persian rugs in different shape , colors and sizes. Different decor,antique furniture, contemporary , Persian , Art Deco ,European , Spanish , etc. more children furniture in children size that princess bed is too big,like car beds ,castle bed,etc. more toys like doll houses ,trainsets , racetracks, toy kicthens etc..more wall paper for kids like with cars ,flowers etc.more baby items like high chairs, playpens, changing tables in white and brown, pinks, light blue,light green, yellow etc.more wall colors in browns , brick, tiles, navy blue,greens etc.patio furniture, wall lamps, a BBQ grill,flowers.etc.complete allkitchen sets some don't have sinks others stoves or dishwashers,make wall kitchen cabinets (closed) open they look ugly.more mirrors,small windows, different curtains,pictures,vases,plants, some statues , entertainment centers bigger tv & stereo selections,a bar for the living room.he option to cancel and item once I ordered it.the option to also put a room in storage so I can change it for a bigger one.

yupiyupigumgum
10-11-12, 01:39 AM
I wish to see ....nah! Forget it. Just give us updates this week, anything will be okay, thank you very much.

theblues13
10-11-12, 07:18 AM
pets! and stuff for the pets
more colors and designs of wallpaper and floor coverings
the same furniture can go a lot further if there are more color options
sectional furniture
a dryer
more outdoor furniture
playground equipment
trees!!!
porch and deck
the ability to move the front door and the room doors
more levels
more space
more goals - maybe this could be a way to earn gems??

I wish we could gift more than 3 times a day. I'm not saying it should be unlimited, but when you have a couple hundred or more neighbors, 3 seems way too few.

linp825
10-11-12, 01:03 PM
I'm new but I can already say wholeheartedly HALLWAYS!!!!!!

Also make it easier to place items on any Pc of furniture. The grids are too big for the items. I'd like to place things further back on counters not always right in the middle.

Also we shd be able to place the front door and room entryways where we want them.

We also need the half kitchen counters in all the same colors the bigger ones come in (right now u can only get white).

We also need the above cabinets (for the wall) in all matching colors as counters come in. I wd have said that's a no brainier but u can only get that icky pickled oak.

When u come out with a new bed or counter color u need to offer all the coordinating items as well or we end up w a mish mosh.

Offer beds of garden flowers but not in a square bed and why can't we line up the outdoor patio stones? How bout giving us more patio stone options like regular flooring that we can put item on top of. Also for outside a grill and more potted plants (NICE containers like terra cotta).

linp825
10-11-12, 01:09 PM
i haven't read through all the pages of the thread so it could have been suggested already, but i hate that only the rooms on the outside wall can have wallpaper on them. I want all my rooms to be able to have wallpaper, even if i can only see a little section of it.

Yes yes yes! And / or how bout this ... Make the INterior walls collapsible like the outside ones are and let visitors collapse them as we'll so they can see too, just one room or full house view. Ooh that wd be great.

Also maybe u cd offer a garage with some different kinds of cars.. Not a priority just an idea. And pets stuff!! : )

silverwindxd
10-11-12, 08:32 PM
-Instead of rectangle/square room expansions, I like to see other shapes as well, maybe some round shaped room expansion.

-Glass Staircase

-Enlarge windows ..both width and height

-Waterfall (that doesn't cost gems)

-more floor choices :)

emmaburns
10-12-12, 06:54 AM
I would like to see the kitchen chairs go further up under the table. It always looks like they
are pulled out from the table.

linp825
10-12-12, 04:31 PM
I would like to see the kitchen chairs go further up under the table. It always looks like they
are pulled out from the table.

True! I don't think the game was very well thought out before it was launched. Maybe TL should get employees to actually play the games so they can see first hand and understand what players may want.

NOIZmaker
10-14-12, 04:04 PM
Things to expand on:
~furniture
~floor, table, wall lamps/lights
~different types of shelves
~

Things to add:
~vehicles
~headphones
~food (eg. bowl of cereal, cake, etc...)
~rack of clothes + empty hangers (for walk-in closet)
~stuffed animals + toys (for kids' rooms)
~musical instruments + accessories
~ability to move door + door designs

hipchick8
10-14-12, 06:56 PM
Hallways

More modern black/white/glass furniture,
for bedroom and bathroom.

I agree!! Stop the 'cute' and 'mundane' stuff. The beds are horrifying! Your selection of furniture and furnishings is limited AND limiting for designers like me (if you really want to tap that market).

hipchick8
10-14-12, 07:22 PM
I agree!! Stop the 'cute' and 'mundane' stuff. The beds are horrifying! Your selection of furniture and furnishings is limited AND limiting for designers like me (if you really want to tap that market).

AND...you should be flexible with that main room and the main door! Who wants a main door that starts off on one side of the house? How can you install a nice hallway/reception area when you open up to the living room immediately? There's should be an option to relocate that main door!

And more modern furniture and furnishings please. And the ability to place objects on top of tables, etc.

What is also lacking in variety (aside from cool beds) are bedside tables, windows, lamps (table and floor), floral arrangements, etc.

You don't want your players getting tired of this game...ESPECIALLY those who pay $€? for it!!

StephanieGe
10-16-12, 03:57 PM
Bamboo fence corner like the picket fence corner. A way to track to whom I give gems over time (so I can spread the wealth). A way to choose object and then color, like wood floor, then oak, mahogany, maple or bamboo; carpet, then color; wallpaper, then pattern, then color; etc. this would make the selection menus more compact, but greatly increase the effective selection. It should also reduce programming complexity.

DolphinArtist1967
10-16-12, 04:21 PM
Some potted plants for indoor decorating. I've seen some houses with plants growing out if the floor. ;)
It's just weird looking

I've seen homes with a garden path under a plant in the house. This gives the illusion of being a planter box. Hope this helps.

ginerp
10-16-12, 07:08 PM
I need a piano bench for my piano! There's no where to sit to play it!

msmarge567
10-16-12, 09:27 PM
I need a piano bench for my piano! There's no where to sit to play it!

Piano? Am I missing something? Lol I haven't seen a piano in home design.

linp825
10-17-12, 07:27 AM
Yes. There is a piano.

lanedraven
10-17-12, 08:49 PM
Some suggestions, some that have already been mentioned, others I haven't yet seen:
- coat rack or other items for an entry way;
- more floor tiles (ex. different colors of tiles for a kitchen or bathroom);
- more wallpaper in solid colors (ex. a white wallpaper that is really white and not beige;
- more carpets in different sizes and colors;
- more side tables that match with the various beds already available (ex. in white for the aqua bed);
- cabinets that match the counters already available;
- a dryer;
- more paintings to place on walls;
- more room sizes, notably narrow hallways and one tile rooms that could be used as closets;
- more lamps (ex. ceiling lamps, table lamps and floor lamps).

cpebbles73
10-18-12, 01:17 AM
Would love a vanity in other colors and matching stools or chairs.

StephanieGe
10-19-12, 10:21 PM
Also, we need a china cupboard to go in a proper dining room. And a sideboard too.

MrMisty83
10-20-12, 04:48 AM
Love the halloween pinball machine. What about normal versions for a game room or man cave? I'd also like to see different kinds of cars ranging from modern sports cars to vintage classics for a garage. Maybe even one that was under restoration or an awesome motorcycle.

Man cave stuff would be cool, like neon signs, movie posters, a wet bar, animated model train set. Maybe even a ratty old couch and chair. Like an old living room set that was moved to the cave when a new set was purchased for the room. Also more sconces for the walls in different styles.

I'd love to see A nautical theme. I don't mean like the corny beach house one that already exsists but more along the lines of classic ocean liners and sailing ships. Ships in bottles and model ocean liners for fireplace mantles, travel posters, steamer trunks used as tables, brass nautical instruments and decor like sextants, spyglasses and portholes and just more art deco and mid century style furnishings in general.

Additional characters for the house would be neat too, like a butler or maid for the players with huge houses that might need a staff or kids and a wife or husband who could be made to do tasks to earn money or gems.

Speaking of kids, toys for a kids room and a racecar bed or some kind of space, cowboy or airplane theme for a boy's room to go with all that princess style stuff.

A rustic theme would be neat as well, furniture made from rough logs, wall paneling that looks like the inside of a log cabin.
Then again maybe that's another game all together... Log cabin design studio.

I love having a pool but the aquadive is a little plain. It's just a cement hole in the ground. It would be nice to have a classy upgraded pool in different liner and padio styles depending on the look you want for your yard. Also speaking of outside, playhouses and playsets, a big tree with a tire swing and treehouse in it.

Guess that's it for now. Can't wait to see what you guys do for a Christmas theme.

abeauti41
10-20-12, 07:48 AM
Need to be able to place rugs with furniture on top of the rug. The rug required to finish one of the quests is HUGE and I can't place it anywhere without removing furniture that I don't want to remove.

You have to place the rug first, then place your furniture on top of the rug. This is an unfortunate glitch in the game. Although in the Halloween version you don't have to remove furniture to place the pumpkin rug. Go figure!

abeauti41
10-20-12, 07:54 AM
It would be nice if we could choose the color of the bedding, wallpaper, carpet, curtains, etc. Maybe there can be an option once you select your wallpaper, bedding, etc, you have an option of choosing a color for the item. That way you don't have to create several options of the same piece, just choose the color/texture/style.

briana115
10-20-12, 11:07 AM
It would be awesome if the furniture and other things weren't asking for gems, but coins instead to buy them! I will never have enough gems to buy some of the things I really want.

I would love to see an option to add levels (stories) to the home as in second floor, basement, attic, garage, etc.

Trees and other outdoor items would be cool especially if u were able to expand more land and edit the gardens in then corners.

Gems for adding new items like rooms or advancing to the next level.

Hallways, doors, staircases, and interior walls throughout the home

And finally, some updated decor such as new floors, wallpaper, bathroom items and maybe walk in closet clothes racks.

Hope to see some upgrades soon ! :)

yupiyupigumgum
10-22-12, 07:36 AM
Piano? Am I missing something? Lol I haven't seen a piano in home design.

It costs a lots of gems. That's why I remember there is a piano

witchydesign
10-22-12, 10:35 PM
- Dark carpet, like dark red. Same with the walls.
- better counters for the bathroom, tile is ugly
- better side tables for bedrooms. The glass ones are neat looking but dont actually hold anything on top.
- pics for the walls
- a few more avatars. I dont want another sims game, i just want someone a little more interesting to see wandering around.
- porchlike floor and fences for the backyard. White is boring.
- gothic beds arent usually white.. Hint hint..

I think thats it for now... Mainly i just want dark red wallpaper and floors.

Nyxa
10-22-12, 11:13 PM
Definitely need more floors. I'd like to see hot pink floors, or black & white checker pattern.

alextyc
10-23-12, 10:00 AM
pls think of do not limit the expansion, might increase the dollar to expends...
as i have reached the maximum expansion,and usually the expansion is the one that i am looking forward to.

furniture is unlike bakery and restaurant which i can always cook the food, furniture, usually seldom change...

gokingsgo2012
10-24-12, 04:34 PM
I would like to repeat having more options on all furnishings. And I cannot agree more about having hallways!

But my other suggestion would be to continue with the Goals once you reach level 30! I'm currently at level 32, and I want to continue to be engaged in the game but besides waiting for my last expansion & maybe adding 1 more room, I feel like there's not much more I can do to my house. Goals can continue to include hosting events at your house. For example, throwing a birthday party, hosting a dinner and/or cocktail party, and preparing your house for guests/family to stay over. Of course, it would be nice to have things you can buy to complete these goals (bar tables, party decorations, etc.)

witchydesign
10-24-12, 09:44 PM
Adding to yesterdays post, id like some more outdoors stuff.
I already mentioned patio decking or at least the ability to put floors outside of rooms, so i can make a wood patio outside.
With that i would like a few different bbq's,
a fire pit to put chairs around,
smaller pools perhaps like an above ground circle, or small kiddie pools
outdoor jungle gym for the kids

Pretty much just more things for a good backyard.

howdy2you
10-24-12, 09:53 PM
The goals are a great idea gokingsgo. I'm getting bored and most of my junk is in storage. Hurry up with the expansions. Please.

mygirldaisy
10-28-12, 08:22 AM
Is there a possibility that one would be able to 'angle' furniture in a corner. I'm aware that you can rotate the chairs but you can't place them on an angle. That would make decorating more appealing. Thank you.

mygirldaisy
10-28-12, 08:39 AM
The hallways are ridiculously wide! Please narrow to one tile. PLEASE

dragonolic
10-30-12, 07:28 AM
All of this for my new castle, pleasekthx :D ^_^

http://i.imgur.com/GM12n.jpg

dragonolic
10-30-12, 08:05 AM
The hallways are ridiculously wide! Please narrow to one tile. PLEASE

ditto this

dragonolic
10-30-12, 08:06 AM
stuff for a stable/barn (and horses!)

witchydesign
11-07-12, 05:20 PM
- basketball hoop for outside
- a koi pond
- a pond with a waterfall
- trees. Tree trees. Big leafy prettyness.

Only other thing i would like is the ability to place a door the the garden/backyard. Please?

deriidf
11-08-12, 09:13 PM
-Up Level Got Money
-BroaderLand
-Can Chat With People
-If you can, Terraced house

I Apologize, For Other Posts

mrsnatalie
11-09-12, 10:26 AM
I would like to see more wall art, more lamps, fitness equipment like a treadmill, and a dryer

Limaxa
11-13-12, 01:49 AM
What i really like to see: pink/ light pink carpet, more furniture for children, more shelfs, office stuff .. :)

lilliejen
11-13-12, 01:54 PM
Stained glass window!!!!

atseng1
11-13-12, 07:31 PM
I have reached the limit of expansion, more land please.. and more carpet / rug choices and size.

jillster84
11-14-12, 07:39 AM
Christmas design!

howdy2you
11-14-12, 10:36 AM
Christmas will be Awsome!
All those people walking around my house with their shoes on, one of them Should be pushing a vacume. I'm serious. That would be cool. And a chef in the kitchen stirring a pot. Gem worthy.

Summersky09
11-14-12, 11:05 AM
This game needs loads of things. Firstly it needs consistent weekly updates. And GOOD ones, not just a few items. It needs mystery boxes like the other games offer.
HDS needs the MOST attention, but seems to get the least amount of attention from TL.
I have checked other Home design games in the APP store, and they have way better furniture. I am talking about Juke boxes, way more floor tile, and wallpaper options/colours.
You guys need to do the research yourselves since your in the business and improve this game. So many of my nbrs are quitting tomorrow me included if we dont get a update AGAIN!!!
Fun game at first, but is very BORING now because we just dont have enough items to decorate with. An the amount you ask for on the gem items is ridiculous also.

marlamindy2
11-14-12, 02:15 PM
Definitely more wallpapers and carpet choices! A vanity in the pink color to match all of the other pink stuff. Really narrow hallways to squeeze in between rooms. Fancy dining room sets. Being able to put things on top of the fireplace. Similar things to the shoe storage, maybe handbag storage? More art for the walls. Choices for the front door such as double doors or glass.

I love this game. I've been playing Fashion Story and Nightclub story and I think I even like this one more! But don't discontinue the others!!!! lol

Also, much better that there aren't the secret/surprise boxes. Those are very wasteful.

marlamindy2
11-14-12, 02:31 PM
Like! (the bench seating, wicker furniture)

RubiesGalore
11-15-12, 07:52 AM
Pet theme