PDA

View Full Version : Should we be able to toggle water dropplets?

Farmer Grud
05-22-10, 01:53 PM
I for one can't stand the water dropplets that appear over your crops when someone waters them. I would like an option to toggle them on & off so I can see my crops. Please tell me what you think.

Farmer Grud
(Storm8 ID: dagrud)

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac272/dagrud/731b0f62.jpg

sinning
05-22-10, 01:58 PM
I like the idea of the water drops however it would be nice if they were smaller so it didn't appear to be the main focus of the farm. I think there needs to be some indication that the crops have been watered though. so when someone comes to your farm they will know which ones have already been watered.

Edit: I did not vote because there isn't a category I fit into. Yes, I like them but would like to see it modified.

Unregistered
05-22-10, 02:38 PM
I think there needs to be a clear indication that they have been watered. However, I think the drops should either be smaller or inlyone drop. Or possible he square could gt a blue tinge to it. I like the idea of being able to turn on and off on your own farm, but think it should be left on display on other peoples farms.

Abmis
05-22-10, 03:00 PM
I think that toggling the water dropplets would be an excellent method to handle the issue, or as an alternative you could offer a tranparency slider.

ThreeDawg- Ol' Farmer Joe
05-22-10, 03:32 PM
I like the idea of the water drops however it would be nice if they were smaller so it didn't appear to be the main focus of the farm. I think there needs to be some indication that the crops have been watered though. so when someone comes to your farm they will know which ones have already been watered.

Edit: I did not vote because there isn't a category I fit into. Yes, I like them but would like to see it modified.

I agree^^
It's not that bad to have the water droplets but it would be nice if they were a bit smaller

Mr Qwerty
05-23-10, 01:47 PM
I think it would be nice to be able to toggle off everything from your screen (ie. water dropplets, menu button, gold, gems...). Kind of a presentation mode where you can zoom in and out and see your farm (and others) unobstructed by anything except maybe yours/their name. Then a double tap could bring you out of this mode to normal mode.

d3lphi
05-24-10, 09:49 AM
I agree with the OP 100%. We need to be able to turn off the water droplets or make the icon much much smaller so I can see my crops and know if they are ready for harvest or not...

Unregistered
05-24-10, 02:08 PM
Make it to where we can take away the water droplets. When I open my farm all I see is big water droplets! I don't like it...

Unregistered
05-24-10, 03:02 PM
i like the fact that i can see if the water is there or not..i dont really mind seeing water all the time...but just make them smaller...we dont need to see all 3 huge droplets..maybe one small one in the forner of the square to let you know that the plant has been watered.

Unregistered
05-24-10, 06:16 PM
The water drops are smaller and more opaque.

supercow
05-24-10, 06:32 PM
As unregistered said, we've made the water drops smaller and more transparent. Please give your feedback on this so we can consider it for future updates to the game.

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback here, we do read everything that is posted.

sinning
05-24-10, 06:55 PM
As unregistered said, we've made the water drops smaller and more transparent. Please give your feedback on this so we can consider it for future updates to the game.

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback here, we do read everything that is posted.

Much Better!!!

Unregistered
05-24-10, 08:20 PM
very nice. thanks for listening

Unregistered
05-25-10, 07:38 AM
Well they heard our cries and have changed the water droplet graphic. It is now smaller and more transparent.

However, I'd STILL like to have an option to hide and unhide the dropplets on my farm. I like the idea someone mentioned earlier about a 'Presentation Mode'.

MacLAK
05-25-10, 04:11 PM
The principle is good, but not the implementation.

Drops are bad placed: it's sometimes hard to find quickly which crop isn't watered, since the drop picture is not exactly on the square.

I rather like a gauge system, implemented as this:
- Keep the actual water quantity of 5/10.
- When visiting a farm, player can choose to water or not.
- Watering is automatic, with a progress bar (i.e. 2 secs/water).
- Crops are watered by collect time deadline: the most advanced crop is watered first.

This will make watering easier, without searching as a fool which crop is empty, especially those hidden by trees/buildings.

Tink
05-26-10, 01:45 AM
I think that if you do everything MacLak says, the game will get to easy. I like a little challenge and a search for the non-watered crops. I'd rather see some difference in the list with farms: Don't show the farms on the list that have nothing to water.

The new drops design is much better, smaller is good. But I'm less pleased with the transparent part. Because now I tend to overlook the droplets. Maybe transparent drops on my own farm and not-transparent on other people's farms would be the way to go.

Unregistered
05-26-10, 04:57 AM
Placed in the suggestions: add feed so not only you can water, but can feed the animals too.
Further more I think you should be able to see if crop is watered.

Most players comment "watered your plants". This is getting quite anoying (I stopped reading them) to a point that it seems spam. Why not see who watered by tapping watered plants?

Smegma
05-26-10, 09:25 AM
YES to toggle drops on/off.

Farms need something that lets their visitors know there are items that need watering.

Maybe when a farm has items that need watering, the drops are big and blue like the original style.
Once everything is watered the drops could change to the way they are now.

Smegma
05-26-10, 09:27 AM
YES to toggle drops on/off.

Farms need something that lets their visitors know there are items that need watering.

Maybe when a farm has items that need watering, the drops are big and blue like the original style.
Once everything is watered the drops could change to the way they are now.

goodneighbor
06-21-10, 06:02 PM
How about a water meter or gage, lower left hand cornor. you can make it like a rain gage. we all rain on someones farm.

Mr Zed
06-22-10, 06:46 AM
Personally I like them the way they are. If anything, on some crops they are not clear enough so it can be difficult to find dry spots. I think it's pretty easy to see if your crops are ready for harvesting.

MuffEater
06-22-10, 02:11 PM
I have noticed that my crops that are watered pay more than the ones that are not watered. Add to that that a crop takes about as long to wither as they do to mature, I like to see which sections to harvest and the ones I might leave a little longer to givemy nieghbors a chance to be nice to me.

I do realize that the players playing for maximum profit will harvest as-soon-as-possible so they can get the next crop in the ground. The increase in price is not suffucient enough reason for them to wait for the section to be watered.

I cannot say that I would use the on/off function if added to the water droplets.

TongaTom
07-03-10, 06:56 AM
I think a toggle is a brilliant idea. I realise some farmers just like to plant 20x20 crops to maximise profit, but I like a good looking farm! And I think a toggle button would be an enhancement to the game.

Additionally, and especially now that there's a weekly competition, a farm with water droplets all over the place spoils it a bit.

If a toggle button isn't possible, how about, in Farm Story Snap, the water droplets are automatically omitted when you take a picture?

Storm8 ID: TongaTom

SapperBob
07-05-10, 04:45 PM
How about a novel concept: what happens when it rains or you water a plant (in real life)? It shows on the ground. WOW! So why not change the color of the ground a plant/tree/crop is in to blue/light blue? Maybe work with something that mixes well with green/blue. This too would help as it is a PAIN to guess on a 20x20 if all 400 blocks have been watered since they are centered on the square - so for this reason transparency does not work either, as it would be even harder to tell who needs to be watered.
I really do not understand the turning on/off concept - if you turn it off, will I be able to see it? What if I forget to turn it back on? Also this would just add to the slow servers as it is.

SapperBob
07-05-10, 04:48 PM
since they are centered on the square

Should read:
since they are NOT centered on the square