PDA

View Full Version : Possible solution to neighbours issue

Ellie
06-20-10, 08:45 AM
A lot of threads have been posted about managing our neighbour list.

I thought a seperate option on the main menu, with neighbours, favourites and invitations.

When you accept a new neighbour, they are automatically added to your neighbour list as normal. Apart from the visit button, another options button could be introduced. Options to include, block, delete, move to favourites.

The favourites section is as the name suggests, your favourite neighbours, the ones who regularly water your farm or your friends, etc. The options tab could be the same as above, except the option to move to neighbour list.

Finally, the invitations tab - where all invites whether sent or received are managed.

What do others think?

I too would like to see how much water I still have to give a neighbour but think the overhead on the servers might make this prohibitive. I realise that it tells you how much water is left when you visit the farm but that is only one farm at a time, if it has to calculate for all neighbours everytime you open the neighbour list, I would think the whole system could grind to a halt.

sophie
06-23-10, 03:50 PM
i agree, there should be a way to delete neighbors. i have some who sent me an invite and they have not watered my farm yet.

Smegs
06-25-10, 06:39 AM
I like the idea Ellie. Any system that would allow us to seperate neighbors into those that water and those that don't is a GOOD THING!

I'm so ready to dump half of my neighbors it's not even funny.

Unregistered
06-26-10, 04:24 AM
Total agreement. Out of respect for those who are good neighbors I keep watering but that means including ones that aren't doing their part. Takes up loads of unappreciated time and would love to remove the deadbeats...
I also think it might be an idea to extend the news feed. Not everyone makes a seperate comment on your wall and this can mean you don't get notification of a neighbor watering if lots of people have watered you and they've been pushed off the list.

Unregistered
08-21-10, 11:14 PM
Im all for blocking rude and not so nice neighbors.

Sometimes you dont find out until its too late how horrible people are.

I know we can now edit them off our neighbor list but they can still find you if you have neighbors in common or they keep a message from you.

Please allow us to block people?

Unregistered
08-22-10, 05:18 AM
...how horrible people are.

Read as how 'bored' people are.

I've played online games for years and it is almost always boredom that drives players to try their best to get a rise from you. Ignore them if you can, have your neighbours do the same, delete their comments and you'll soon seem like too much trouble for them. Thankfully there is nothing that they can do to your farm in this game, except water. :)

If you really have to contact them say things like; "You're funny, I like you." rather than let them know that they are pushing your buttons and getting to you. I'm sure a block poster option will happen eventually.

Unregistered
08-25-10, 04:23 AM
Im all for blocking rude and not so nice neighbors.

Sometimes you dont find out until its too late how horrible people are.

I know we can now edit them off our neighbor list but they can still find you if you have neighbors in common or they keep a message from you.

Please allow us to block people?

100% agreed we need to block some silly plp from comment our wall plsssss