PDA

View Full Version : Not Getting Requests

LalaSmooth
08-30-12, 12:25 PM
it's been 50 mins i've sent parts for my juice drinker appliance and not one piece has come back to me... Getting frustrated as i really want to start making juices

canderel
08-30-12, 12:31 PM
:) I'm still waiting for old food to be ready to be able to exchange appliances and get started on the machine...what parts are needed to build it?

kitty711
08-30-12, 12:43 PM
That was happening to me as well, so I deleted a lot of my "deadbeat" neighbors and added new ones from this forum on the add me page. Worked pretty well so far...

canderel
08-30-12, 12:54 PM
I did the same thing and the number of requested parts I receive has improved significantly since. One thing we should probably not forget about is that some of our neighbours are most likely based in another time zone and might be asleep or still at work when we send out requests - it would thus be a good idea to identify "same time zone" neighbours for particularly urgent requests :)

kitty711
08-30-12, 01:31 PM
feel free to add me if you need a daily player/good nbr. :)

canderel
08-30-12, 01:36 PM
I'm a daily player, too (and usually a daily gifter as well unless busy or simply forgetful :) ) I don't do any tipping anymore, though, cos I frankly don't see the sense of it...so if that suits you, feel free to add!

nmishii
08-30-12, 01:40 PM
:) I'm still waiting for old food to be ready to be able to exchange appliances and get started on the machine...what parts are needed to build it?

New parts
10 Cross pipes and 10 Drip Bowls

canderel
08-30-12, 01:59 PM
Thanks - since my truffles had finished a couple of minutes ago, I got the chance to buy the machine - though building it will probably take a while with 20 new parts being required :) But thanks for letting me know!!

miyukifocus
08-30-12, 06:56 PM
I want to ask too, as my mom play on iPad and me & sister in Android device, somehow whenever my mom sent request to us, we didn't get it, but if she send to other iOS device, the request was well received. Is that mean iOS user can only receive / accept iOS user request, and cannot receive the request sent from Android device?

greygull
08-30-12, 07:31 PM
I want to ask too, as my mom play on iPad and me & sister in Android device, somehow whenever my mom sent request to us, we didn't get it, but if she send to other iOS device, the request was well received. Is that mean iOS user can only receive / accept iOS user request, and cannot receive the request sent from Android device?

No, all platforms can make requests from each other (with the exceptional occasionally when it's an iOS only goal).

If she sent out too many requests, she may have clogged up the system. Most likely you will see the request in the next day or two. It's best not to send requests to more then 20-25 people per day, as only 20 per day can fill them.

3cala
08-30-12, 09:45 PM
I like how you can now see who responded to your parts request under Messages.

I sometimes get 5 day old requests when I log in several times every day. It's weird.

miyukifocus
08-31-12, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the reply, I will let them know we have to limit our request to 20-25 nbr then

No, all platforms can make requests from each other (with the exceptional occasionally when it's an iOS only goal).

If she sent out too many requests, she may have clogged up the system. Most likely you will see the request in the next day or two. It's best not to send requests to more then 20-25 people per day, as only 20 per day can fill them.

hidinout
08-31-12, 08:54 AM
I like how you can now see who responded to your parts request under Messages.

I sometimes get 5 day old requests when I log in several times every day. It's weird.

The days old requests are from people who sent requests to too many neighbors at one time. The system splits those requests up and only sends out 20 per day. If you keep doing that it chokes like greygull says.

kitty711
08-31-12, 11:52 AM
OH I didn't know that about the 20 part thing. hmm