PDA

View Full Version : Other ways to earn gems, TL please read.

chewytwix
08-30-12, 08:10 AM
There should be other ways to earn gems besides mastering a recipe or downloading and leveling up your games which I don't like.

How about partnering with other companies like netflix and offering gems when we purchase a contract for services we DO want but also getting gems for your games?

Or getting gems by getting one of our friends to play one of your games?

Or free gems on our birthdays and on Christmas? (lol)

I think ANY of these would make your clients extremely happy. Feel free to add suggestions on ways to earn gems besides mastering and playing boring games.

sweetstuff525
08-30-12, 08:19 AM
Gems for leveling up a level ... Which I don't know why I'm suggesting this since in level 96 lol

TammBann
08-30-12, 10:17 AM
Perhaps exchanging a certain amount of coins for a certain amount of gems, such as 2,000 coins per gem.

canderel
08-30-12, 10:40 AM
Gems for coins would be awesome, though I think 2,000 would be a little too low a sum :) 100,000 to 200,000 would probably be a little more realistic (compared to the coin cost of mastering plus a little extra on top for the fact that it wouldn't take you as long as level 4 mastery, for example).

What about earning a gem for keeping a four-star social rating for, let's say, one week in a row (similar to daily bonus)? This might revive neighbour/Community tipping...

No offence intended, but I don't really like the idea of getting gems for purchasing from other companies (such as Netflix etc.) Minors wouldn't benefit from that anyway and I wouldn't really like Teamlava to gather information about my shopping behaviour and general interests.

chefdonald
08-30-12, 01:44 PM
Gems for coins would be awesome, though I think 2,000 would be a little too low a sum :) 100,000 to 200,000 would probably be a little more realistic (compared to the coin cost of mastering plus a little extra on top for the fact that it wouldn't take you as long as level 4 mastery, for example).

What about earning a gem for keeping a four-star social rating for, let's say, one week in a row (similar to daily bonus)? This might revive neighbour/Community tipping...

No offence intended, but I don't really like the idea of getting gems for purchasing from other companies (such as Netflix etc.) Minors wouldn't benefit from that anyway and I wouldn't really like Teamlava to gather information about my shopping behaviour and general interests.

I completely agree! Please please please TL :)

xoxjenn
08-30-12, 01:56 PM
Or maybe even a slot machine or a game inside of the game where you can earn gems. Like maybe a game where you have to catch ice cream scoops on a cone or something & a certian amount of points add up to a gem. Or when you level up on that game you get a gem? Idk, but we do need a way!

canderel
08-30-12, 02:06 PM
Nice idea, xoxjenn! Maybe also a wheel of fortune to spin once a week/month that would reward you with a random number of gems? Another idea would be to set up an in-Game marketplace for players to sell or auction off gem items to other players to earn gems (just thinking of senior players that bought LTOs in the past, have them sitting in storage unused while others might be desperate to get them, but can't as they aren't available any longer)?

kitty711
08-30-12, 02:32 PM
^^ yea like a bonus when playing slots. great ideas!

mattyboo1
08-30-12, 02:34 PM
These are great ideas

chewytwix
08-30-12, 04:25 PM
these are excellent! I think it would make the game more interesting and feel less like a 2nd job for old timers

miyukifocus
08-30-12, 06:57 PM
Agree, if we can get gem reward for leveing up, sometimes when you level up, they just pop "good work" message, and nothing to reward, found that it is a bit discouraging though ~

trm930
08-31-12, 03:36 PM
Or maybe even a slot machine or a game inside of the game where you can earn gems. Like maybe a game where you have to catch ice cream scoops on a cone or something & a certian amount of points add up to a gem. Or when you level up on that game you get a gem? Idk, but we do need a way!

that sounds like a brilliant idea. I honestly think they should also give us more gems when mastering a dish