PDA

View Full Version : do i miss something on levelling up?

ipaddolo
08-29-12, 02:25 PM
i think i am missing something about levelling.. there is no "normal" way to level past 20, i mean, no routine job or something like cooking in BS/RS or growing crops, or crafting cloths etc
i am aware of the Lamping Up trick, but i think this is a trick, not the intended way to level?

i reached lvl 20-22 really fast just buying new furniture and 2 expansions. Now my home is big and every room has furniture, so how i am supposed to level past 22? i calculated i need 2 days (at least) before i can buy the next land expansion, and nothing is giving me xp to level in these 2 days

do i miss something i can do to speed up levelling, beside the boring Lamping Up trick? i really hope this is NOT the normal way to level up - buying the same item countless times?

trace35
08-29-12, 05:58 PM
That is all part of the game! Unless you want to be patient and level up naturally, you have to look for the item that gives the most xp per coins and time and keep buying it. That is how it is in all the games. Btw, lamps are no longer a good way to level up, they're xp has decreased.

ipaddolo
08-30-12, 02:09 AM
ehm, my point is i didnt find the way to level "naturally", unless you keep to change your furniture every day and buy new items endlessy. And no, this is NOT how it is in all the games, because in the other games you have a routine job to do to earn money and xp, such as cooking, producing materials. crafting cloths, etc

trace35
08-30-12, 03:19 AM
The way to level up 'naturally' is to buy the furniture. That is it. If your home isn't developed enough to hold the furniture you buy, store it once it's finished so you can place it later!
The benefits of leveling up fast is that you earn more coins for jobs. I'm at level 28 and now I can earn a lot of coins quickly, which means I can expand and build new rooms, and then more furniture, enabling me to level up......... And so it goes on.... If you are on a low level it is slow and boring until you start earning more coins per 2 min.

ipaddolo
08-30-12, 04:16 AM
ok i think my low english knowledge made me wording my thoughs too badly. Let's see if i can express in another way. I am level 22 and i get enough golds to buy a new room every 2 days. I can also easily buy new furniture. But i find this way to level NOT ENOUGH to keep the game interesting on a long term basis. Maybe the game is a bit unbalanced and TL is planning some tweaking, but i personally think that there is not enough activity to do to get xp. I am not saying they have to copy the successful formula of, for example, Bakery Story, but i think they have to add some ways to keep the game interesting. At the moment the only thing i have to do is time consuming, go visit nbrs and community, give them sparkles and clean my sparkles:as more as i stay logged in the game, as more coins i get. coins, not xp! then i have to buy new furniture and rearrange my home endlessly. that's all. what i am trying to say is at some point i find the layout of my home "stable", and i dont want to be forced to change it again and again to level, i'd like to keep the furniture i have and have an alternative way to get xp.
otherwise, the game has a very short life time for me: it's good until i get a big home (but how much big can be? after some rooms it's always the same thing) but then i dont have anything INTERESTING to do. My point is that more activities, maybe some routine job, maybe something different, dunno, could keep the "end game" interesting. Otherwise, at least for me, it becomes boring.
I hope i explained better; "to add insult to injury" since this morning i have the game constantly crashing and freezing, already reinstalled 2 times, so my patience is ending for different reasons. It's a shame because im a big money spender, i always buy gems, and i love interior design, but this game is going to become a fail for me.

trace35
08-30-12, 04:29 AM
I agree, the expansion costs are huge, and the decor choices are limited. The only real way ( apart from visiting Nbr's) to earn money is to do the jobs, which is the same boring thing over and over. It is a bit more interesting once you get to level 27, but that isn't sustainable.
Those are the negatives.
The positives are : the game is still in test mode. Hopefully soon they will add more levels, and more decor earnt with each level. Also another element of strategy to break the repetition. We are the guiney pigs, and if we stop playing through boredom the game dies.
I am so glad I leveled up unnaturally though, because now it is so much easier to earn, I can go wild expanding and decorating.

Gems555
08-30-12, 10:26 AM
Halo guys I don't really know what u guys are talking about here I only started y'day and I'm on level 7! I do have a question though u know the notepad that gives challenges, well I don't have a notepad on my screen. Can anyone help.

kooky panda
08-30-12, 10:59 AM
Halo guys I don't really know what u guys are talking about here I only started y'day and I'm on level 7! I do have a question though u know the notepad that gives challenges, well I don't have a notepad on my screen. Can anyone help.
Goals have not been released yet.

ButterPanda
09-01-12, 07:43 PM

Check now, they should be out now. Try uninstalling and reinstalling your game to see the goals.