PDA

View Full Version : Game constantly freezing after tapping to clear sparkles

enaid03
08-28-12, 03:30 PM
I mentioned in an earlier thread I am really having a hard time finding the exact spot to clear the sparkles. It has become beyond annoying, especially when you start adding a lot of accessories, etc. Is it the table, the chair, the rug, the flowers all in close proximity?

This afternoon, I'm getting more frustrated, and tapping A LOT. As a result, after tapping a lot, my game freezes. The only way to get back is to shut it down, force it to close, and open it again.

Is this related to me tapping, or does a problem truly exist? This is the only TL game I am having issues with.

jentamicin
08-28-12, 03:44 PM
I am having the same problem. My game won't stay open without freezing for more than about 20 seconds at a time. It happens regardless of whether or not I clear the sparkles (although clearing sparkles tends to make it freeze more quickly). None of my other TL games freeze, this appears to be a specific problem with this game. I have tried deleting the game and re-installing it, but unfortunately that didn't make any difference :-(

jentamicin
08-28-12, 03:51 PM
Oh, and also whenever I go into storage it freezes (which is annoying, given that certain pieces of my furniture keep being randomly thrown into storage - once they are there, I can't get them out due to the game freezing).

kooky panda
08-28-12, 04:03 PM
I am not having the freezing issues, just the delay when collecting some sparkles.

What device do you play on? Its current IOS version?

I am on Iphone 4 IOS version 5.1.1

enaid03
08-28-12, 04:26 PM
iTouch, version 5.1.1.

kooky panda
08-28-12, 04:28 PM
iTouch, version 5.1.1.
Have you checked your wifi connection?
Try force closing out any other applications running in the background while playing.

Click you home button twice, your icons will show up at the bottom

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQx33DWgZVWPenwP1h0tp***PKRBxsz yWFKkDmOxwXrqLhb7dADwnKnLPxThen you hit the red minus sign for the apps you want to close out. you can scroll to find more.
You are not deleting the apps just closing them out. When you have app run in the background, it takes memory and slows up the games.

bigbux3
08-28-12, 04:29 PM
iTouch, version 5.1.1.

Mine too. I'm having the exact same problems. I reported this yesterday. Kooky said it had already been reported:

Refresh Robbery (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?34562-Refresh-Robbery!)

Is this the same thing you're experiencing?

jentamicin
08-28-12, 05:00 PM
I am playing on Iphone 4 IOS version 5.1.1. My wifi connection is fine (all my other TL games are working perfectly), and I have tried force closing all the applications on my phone (I always do this every night before bed anyway), yet the freezing issue continues regardless :-(

jentamicin
08-28-12, 05:02 PM
I'm not experiencing the "Refresh Robbery" issue. If I tap on the sparkles, the game freezes and I have to force close, but when I go back into the game the sparkles are still there (so they are not being "robbed" from me, I just can't collect them at all). But even if I ignore the sparkles and don't try to collect them, the game still freezes every 20 seconds or so.

kooky panda
08-28-12, 05:03 PM
I am playing on Iphone 4 IOS version 5.1.1. My wifi connection is fine (all my other TL games are working perfectly), and I have tried force closing all the applications on my phone (I always do this every night before bed anyway), yet the freezing issue continues regardless :-(
Is the freezing just after you try to clear sparkles and it freezes for just a sec, or does you game freeze, where you have to
exit the game and come back in ?

jentamicin
08-28-12, 05:07 PM
When the game freezes I always have to force it closed and then come back in. It never freezes just for a second.

enaid03
08-28-12, 06:25 PM
I just spent about 90 minutes bouncing around TL games. No other games are experiencing problems (I play most of them).

It freezes completely on me. I shut the game down. It then starts to load, and forces close. I open it again, can play for a little bit, but as soon as I start trying to do the sparkles, I'm frozen again. My hand is in bad shape.

The only thing I can think of is that I've built two rooms today. The first was a straight coin room. I waited the hours, and had no problem.

I'm building a second one that you need to request parts from neighbors. It may be a coincidence, but this problem only started the time I have been waiting the last part. Its 5 sheeting/5 wood and I got 7 parts very quickly, but I have been waiting on that last piece of wood for 6ish hours. During the wait (which I'm still doing) is when my problem started.

I've been doing the two minute coin collecting quite regularly the past two days, sadly, hours on end to pass some time.

Now it is also freezing when I start a new 2 minute job in addition to tapping sprinkles.

enaid03
08-28-12, 06:27 PM
Each time this happens I am forcing close all my open games. I do this regularly anyway. I've powered down. Same result.

kooky panda
08-28-12, 07:49 PM
Try deleting and redownloading the game to see if this corrects the freezing issue. You will not lose your game progress.

LCAHEARTS
08-28-12, 11:46 PM
Along with processing, the game has been freezing like crazy. I have force closed and reinstalled an insane amount of times. I can hardly stay in long enough to collect likes and do other things. I have to be VERY patient and just force close tons of times. SUPER FRUSTRATING. Please report over.

To add onto the above that I posted in another thread before seeing this........I can't seem to figure out what causes it. I've done the following.

- Install game. Collect sparklies. FREEZES
- Install game. Do nothing. FREEZES
- Install game. Start task. FREEZES
- Leave game installed. Collect sparklies. FREEZES,
- Leave game installed. Do nothing. FREEZES
- Leave game installed.Start task. FREEZES

When it freezes, it freezes for good. I've let it sit around for over 20 minutes and it stayed exactly the same. Frozen. I couldn't move around on the screen. Everything including the "screen" itself was frozen.

meteor7
08-29-12, 02:35 AM
I'm having the same problem. So is my neighbor. We both play on iPad 2. My game is freezing up, hers is completely booting her off. Just wanted to add to this discussion so that TL is aware of this issue.

enaid03
08-29-12, 03:55 AM
I deleted and downloaded the game last night. I was able to clear the sparkles, looked promising.

Just started clearing the sparkles after I accepted a piece of wood as a gift (still think its nuts that my neighbors didn't respond for 1 piece of wood in 16 hours). Weird that I have almost a dozen requests for parts. I wonder if my neighbors are getting theirs....

Back to square one. I'm frozen again. Forced it closed, it starts to open and closes after the splash screen.

Also, its also doing the refreshing thing again it started before all of this yesterday. I start to collect, it freezes, "Processing" appears on the screen, my sparkles are back and I need to once again find that very spot to pick up the sparkles again.

My tapping hand can only deal with this so much.

marrrina
08-29-12, 05:01 AM
I just started experiencing this with my up-to-date iPhone 4.

It only happens when collecting tips on very small decorative items, or tables (with or without deco). The coins will appear, then the game immediately freezes.

I force close and when i try to re-open the game, it force closes by itself. The game only opens again on the second try.

Freezing was not resolved with a reinstall.

kooky panda
08-29-12, 07:26 AM
I have not had to permanent freeze problem where I had to force close the game, (Iphone 4 ) but I will go ahead and report this over.

Note: If you have a freeze for a few seconds, then the game continues, this is already a known issue and has been reported.

faith1309
08-29-12, 07:30 AM
I also face the freezing issue .. I force shut the game then open then it freezes again !!! I'm on ipad 2 btw

enaid03
08-29-12, 07:38 AM
I'm crossing my fingers, but shortly after my room finished, I stopped having the freezing issue so far this morning.

If its helpful, it occurred during a constructable room build, waiting for parts, and also the wait for it to complete afterward.

I also noticed it happening after tapping quickly and repeatedly in the same area, especially in the tight areas where 4 or more objects could have sparkles. I like the idea and look of the sparkles, but there is no way to tell what has the sparkle, unless I am missing something.

faith1309
08-29-12, 07:54 AM
It started driving me crazy now .. It keep freezing !!!

nixxmom
08-29-12, 12:05 PM
I've been having the freezing for two days. I've tried everything that is normally suggested. It happens during different times. Sometimes when I'm collecting, sometime when I click the earned money. Sometimes when I accept friends. Today it won't even load. I'm at a loss with what to do. I hope someone is working on this.

marrrina
08-29-12, 12:35 PM
The freezing is getting worse for me now. The game is almost unplayable. It even freezes while running in the background.

nixxmom
08-29-12, 01:00 PM
Ok. I'm guessing my problem had to do with a room build because that finally finished and my freezing up has stopped. I won't be able to build another room for a while because of the high price of expansion so I'm hoping this is all fixed by then!

ccflorida
08-29-12, 03:32 PM
I haven't had any freezing problems until I added a room, now it's freezing if I do nothing I have to force close and open back two times before it opens completely. I can get a few sparkles cleared then freezes again. So sounds like it has something to do with the room building. I'm on iPad 2.

NanaCanna
08-29-12, 04:41 PM
My problem is my front door. it's sparkling & I can't get it to go away. I've tried exiting out. I've tried restarting my iPad. Nothing is working. I've never had my front door sparkle before.

aelphina
08-30-12, 07:21 AM
I'm now having the same problem. I'm on an iPhone 4 with the latest ios 5.1.1
The game is freezing constantly. It doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing. Collecting sparkles, visiting neighbors, sending gifts, or just loading the game. It completely freezes so that I have to force quit the game, and restart. I've reinstalled the game twice with no change in behavior. My storm ID is aelphina
I can maybe play for 10 or 20 seconds before it crashes. This morning I was lucky enough to stay unfrozen long enough to gift back my neighbors

ipaddolo
08-30-12, 09:42 AM
i have the same issue as you all, exactly as described by aelphina here. ipad 1. cant play for more than 10-20 seconds before the game crashes :(

marrrina
08-30-12, 10:17 AM
I concur that this relates to building a room. The problem started while, and lasted during, having a room built. Since my room finished I don't deal with the freezing, just the usual processing problems when collecting tips.

aelphina
08-30-12, 10:19 AM
Ah , I'm building a room. Hopefully, the problem will resolve (at least for now) once the room is complete. I now can't get into the game at all. When it does connect, I just get a black main screen with gems/coins/etc all showing a bunch of 9's. Hopefully, they'll figure out what's wrong soon. I love the game! :-)

ipaddolo
08-30-12, 03:07 PM
ok i can confirm that all the mess stopped after the building room went ready. Now i have a new room and the game looks stable.

faith1309
08-30-12, 05:24 PM
I dont dare building a new room now ... Hopefully thry fix this fast

aelphina
08-30-12, 05:40 PM
My room has finally finished, and now I can play again. None of the issues I reported earlier continued once the room finished. I think I'll hold off on building a new room for a while...

enaid03
08-30-12, 06:45 PM
I actually expanded and built another room requiring parts since my freezing problem. I haven't had any problems since. Maybe the the freezing problem is isolated to one room size.

ipaddolo
08-31-12, 12:42 AM
My room was the 4 x 8

aelphina
08-31-12, 05:18 AM
Same here - 4x8 room that seemed to cause the problem. I'm now building a 6x6 room - hopefully it won't happen this time.

farmerbarbara712
08-31-12, 05:55 AM
I am also having terrible freezing issues.

faith1309
08-31-12, 07:48 AM
Yes i think room 4x8 could be the main culprit .. When i built that room, the freezing makes me crazy ... Just now i build another room (the small square one) no freeze at all .. Just sometimes its like refreshing itself ...

AnnasCoffee
08-31-12, 12:08 PM
The only thing I can think of is that I've built two rooms today.

enaid03,

Thanks for letting everyone know about the error when building rooms. I had so many problems with my game during the 2 days my room was building. I didn't know why until just know when I read this post. I hope Team Lava fixes this soon. I guess I'll focus on expanding and wait to build rooms.

yupiyupigumgum
09-01-12, 06:56 PM
When i click the sparkle it turns to 20 coins. But then the game freezed, the processing box appeared and then my coins amount decreased.really annoying

lioness9073
09-01-12, 07:18 PM
My problem is my front door. it's sparkling & I can't get it to go away. I've tried exiting out. I've tried restarting my iPad. Nothing is working. I've never had my front door sparkle before.

Having same problem with front door sparkling....I clear out all other sparkles but front door won't stop sparkling.