PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: After City Story

bigbux3
08-26-12, 11:37 AM
Even if you didn't play City Story, I think this thread will be important to all. The other games could end up the same way.

For a player who became a customer by playing City Story, it's very sad to say and see that TeamLava will no longer be supporting City Story. To know that City Story was TeamLava's 2nd game, released in 2010 and at that time I was looking for a great city-building game, I settled with TeamLava. I have enjoyed my adventures, growing my city, my population, and even my bill from purchasing City Cash. I was very upset the first week that TeamLava didn't release an update. I was peeved when they didn't release an update the second week. City Story is what helped TeamLava get started into the "great" company they were. And I think about how much money I spent... Very upsetting. I think about how much I gambled on Magic Boxes... upsetting. But past that.
I was beginning to make due with TeamLava having City Story Metro and City Story. If City Story Metro was to replace City Story, then TeamLava still has a lot of improving left to do. I only say this to better TeamLava.
I shocked when GroupMagma "announced" that City Story was being removed from the App Store. It's sad that you've come this far, and then you get set back to the beginning. If TeamLava still wants to satisfy and keep me as a customer, I have a proposal:
After City Story is removed from the App Store, TeamLava should either compensate the players to Metro, back to their accounts, or back into their games. Or TeamLava should let the withstanding players purchase City Cash free of charge, or change the City Cash items in the store to coins. It wouldn't make much sense to purchase City Cash and let TeamLava keep earning the money if they are no longer supporting it. And I would also like to see all of the Limited Time Offers re-released into the game.
This would be customer service/satisfaction. I would hope TeamLava would want an A in this.
TeamLava, I really hope you consider doing this... I'm on the last thread here.

I'm very surprised that Treasure Story and Empire Story weren't removed from the App Store. They weren't hits from the start.

tcctt
08-28-12, 07:01 AM
+1

Also in my opinion i feel its in bad taste for city story to be offering constant discounts of up to 30% off city story cash, when the game 'appears' to not be receiving updates.

I would be more than upset if i was a new player and bought up city story cash only to have the game waste away and have barely any other person playing the game or have the game creator close down the game.

bigbux3
08-28-12, 07:30 AM
+1

Also in my opinion i feel its in bad taste for city story to be offering constant discounts of up to 30% off city story cash, when the game 'appears' to not be receiving updates.

I would be more than upset if i was a new player and bought up city story cash only to have the game waste away and have barely any other person playing the game or have the game creator close down the game.

Thank you for your support. And this doesn't only go for City Story, it goes for other games as well. I think Restaurant Story is heading in the same direction. I don't know, I just have a feeling. That's my second favorite game.

njmkdm
08-28-12, 11:38 AM
stop selling city bucks!
If the game is no longer supported then why are they still selling city bucks? lots of players dont look on this site and dont know their money is being wasted. no offer to transfer money or city bucks to another game so what happens now? at least bring back the LTO and the past holiday boxes. the work is already done so how hard could it be? i started playing in may so i missed ALL the holiday stuff which is what i have been saving for.sigh........i am now worried about other games as well. what if i spend money and they drop that game as well? wonder if pet story is next to go? is there a site outside of teamlave that players can rate the games/customer service etc?

g

Even if you didn't play City Story, I think this thread will be important to all. The other games could end up the same way.

For a player who became a customer by playing City Story, it's very sad to say and see that TeamLava will no longer be supporting City Story. To know that City Story was TeamLava's 2nd game, released in 2010 and at that time I was looking for a great city-building game, I settled with TeamLava. I have enjoyed my adventures, growing my city, my population, and even my bill from purchasing City Cash. I was very upset the first week that TeamLava didn't release an update. I was peeved when they didn't release an update the second week. City Story is what helped TeamLava get started into the "great" company they were. And I think about how much money I spent... Very upsetting. I think about how much I gambled on Magic Boxes... upsetting. But past that.
I was beginning to make due with TeamLava having City Story Metro and City Story. If City Story Metro was to replace City Story, then TeamLava still has a lot of improving left to do. I only say this to better TeamLava.
I shocked when GroupMagma "announced" that City Story was being removed from the App Store. It's sad that you've come this far, and then you get set back to the beginning. If TeamLava still wants to satisfy and keep me as a customer, I have a proposal:
After City Story is removed from the App Store, TeamLava should either compensate the players to Metro, back to their accounts, or back into their games. Or TeamLava should let the withstanding players purchase City Cash free of charge, or change the City Cash items in the store to coins. It wouldn't make much sense to purchase City Cash and let TeamLava keep earning the money if they are no longer supporting it. And I would also like to see all of the Limited Time Offers re-released into the game.
This would be customer service/satisfaction. I would hope TeamLava would want an A in this.

I'm very surprised that Treasure Story and Empire Story weren't removed from the App Store. They weren't hits from the start.

bigbux3
08-28-12, 03:21 PM
stop selling city bucks!
If the game is no longer supported then why are they still selling city bucks? lots of players dont look on this site and dont know their money is being wasted. no offer to transfer money or city bucks to another game so what happens now? at least bring back the LTO and the past holiday boxes. the work is already done so how hard could it be? i started playing in may so i missed ALL the holiday stuff which is what i have been saving for.sigh........i am now worried about other games as well. what if i spend money and they drop that game as well? wonder if pet story is next to go? is there a site outside of teamlave that players can rate the games/customer service etc?

g

You quoted me.

Shylore
08-28-12, 06:44 PM
Applause!!!!!!! I'm so sad and ticked about this. I too was searching for a good city building game and I this one suited everything I wanted. And this game has the best people playing it. I don't know why that is but the people that play here seem to be more mature and are fun to play along with. I haven't found this in Any of the other games. I for one am not leaving until they shut the door or all the people leave. I truly don't care to much for Metro, I've got it and I dabble with it but eh some things I don't like actually should say I hate. I just wish I had found this game sooner, and hope as requested they implement some of the things asked for in bigbuxs' post. So that those of us that missed them can have something to enjoy since we will have no support.

ID Shylore
Can invite me in City,FS,Monster,Bakery, serious players please.

bigbux3
08-28-12, 06:51 PM
Applause!!!!!!! I'm so sad and ticked about this. I too was searching for a good city building game and I this one suited everything I wanted. And this game has the best people playing it. I don't know why that is but the people that play here seem to be more mature and are fun to play along with. I haven't found this in Any of the other games. I for one am not leaving until they shut the door or all the people leave. I truly don't care to much for Metro, I've got it and I dabble with it but eh some things I don't like actually should say I hate. I just wish I had found this game sooner, and hope as requested they implement some of the things asked for in bigbuxs' post. So that those of us that missed them can have something to enjoy since we will have no support.

ID Shylore
Can invite me in City,FS,Monster,Bakery, serious players please.

Thank you. You can add me in City Story. It's being removed tomorrow. It's like ripping up a tree that has bearred so much fruit, provided shade, treehouses, hammocks, you name it. And TeamLava's getting rid of it. My goodness, it was your 2nd game and it made me a PAYING customer. Now what happens to the money? Will we see compensation? Maybe refunds? Maybe a rereleasing of all old items? Free city cash purchases? Why should TeamLava get more money if they aren't supporting the game! That's like saying I'm going to choose a... good looking, but bad playing soccer player over the best playing, "bad looking" soccer player. Senseless.

Shylore
08-28-12, 07:00 PM
I don't expect them to do anything for the players who refuse to let go of something good. Honestly, I believe it is because they don't make as much off this game as others. And I won't say why I believe that is at the risk of offending others. But wil TL do anything for us? Will they reimplement old items and boxes? I surely doubt it.

bigbux3
08-28-12, 07:03 PM
I don't expect them to do anything for the players who refuse to let go of something good. Honestly, I believe it is because they don't make as much off this game as others. And I won't say why I believe that is at the risk of offending others. But wil TL do anything for us? Will they reimplement old items and boxes? I surely doubt it.

I do too. That's the least they can do. That'll recompensate me for all the money I spent. And I want free city cash purchases too. Or all the items changed to coins.

bigbux3
08-31-12, 05:19 PM
Okay. So now that City Story is no longer available, will your customers be compensated TeamLava?
This is very important here.

mattyboo1
09-02-12, 10:52 AM

Really this is really convincing why you wrote up but why city they could remove empire instead

bigbux3
09-02-12, 12:14 PM
Really this is really convincing why you wrote up but why city they could remove empire instead

Or Treasure?

mattyboo1
09-02-12, 05:15 PM
Or Treasure?
I like treasure story

bigbux3
09-02-12, 05:16 PM
I like treasure story

...not Treasure.

mattyboo1
09-02-12, 06:10 PM
...not Treasure.

...what?

bigbux3
09-02-12, 07:10 PM
...what?

Meaning, you liked Treasure Story. Many people didn't care for Empire. Never mind about Treasure Story then.

And there's still nothing done about City Story. Just an annoying pop up encouraging players to download Metro, and that City Story was removed from the App Store.

Yet I find it funny that no CM has replied to this thread.

tr8on
09-05-12, 08:45 AM
Just reading the thread.... wasn't able to download it after I read this... very upsetting seeing that I too spent lots of money on City Cash and now I can't even go back and play the game that started me as a TeamLava customer and yet... Empire Story is still on the market, and I know for a fact that game is dead. Very disappointing. With this I just removed CSM and HDS from my device because those were the only two games I enjoyed playing, no use in playing them and getting involved in them just to have it all taken away from me in the future. Adios TL.

bigbux3
09-05-12, 03:28 PM
Just reading the thread.... wasn't able to download it after I read this... very upsetting seeing that I too spent lots of money on City Cash and now I can't even go back and play the game that started me as a TeamLava customer and yet... Empire Story is still on the market, and I know for a fact that game is dead. Very disappointing. With this I just removed CSM and HDS from my device because those were the only two games I enjoyed playing, no use in playing them and getting involved in them just to have it all taken away from me in the future. Adios TL.

I hope these comments can get through to TeamLava to understand that they need to change their customer service.

This is sad.

Shylore
10-04-12, 11:06 PM
As we can see by the lack of response, they truly have abandoned CS. I have pretty much stopped playing. I lost heart with it. Didn't think I would but because of other things I've had to deal with from TL, Im just not gonna continue to put in the effort. The main reason I had a hard time leaving the game is some of the neighbors I had there that where truly wondeful people that always made me smile. But, I guess Im throwing in the towel. I won't delete it yet but for now am just not going to play it.

bigbux3
10-04-12, 11:56 PM
As we can see by the lack of response, they truly have abandoned CS. I have pretty much stopped playing. I lost heart with it. Didn't think I would but because of other things I've had to deal with from TL, Im just not gonna continue to put in the effort. The main reason I had a hard time leaving the game is some of the neighbors I had there that where truly wondeful people that always made me smile. But, I guess Im throwing in the towel. I won't delete it yet but for now am just not going to play it.

I am doing the exact same thing and thinking the exact same thing. It's a shame. TeamLava's second game which made me a paying customer. Crazy, right?

bigbux3
10-05-12, 12:02 AM
And might I add, no type of compensation at all.

caljean
10-05-12, 04:47 PM
I feel really terrible that TL Just face off these games without regard to their consumers. If only they give us extra gems to transfer in any TL games as compensation to our time and gems we spend too. Anyone agrees with me?

bigbux3
10-05-12, 07:48 PM
I feel really terrible that TL Just face off these games without regard to their consumers. If only they give us extra gems to transfer in any TL games as compensation to our time and gems we spend too. Anyone agrees with me?

Me and my long paragraph agree with you.

hawaiifrycat
12-12-12, 08:29 PM
+1

I am new player and I would have been very upset! Fortunately, I found this thread before actually purchasing any city dollars. I will not be putting any more effort into this game.

bigbux3
12-12-12, 08:50 PM
I am new player and I would have been very upset! Fortunately, I found this thread before actually purchasing any city dollars. I will not be putting any more effort into this game.

I haven't played this game in over a month. TeamLava replaced City Story, but Metro is not much better.

funnyhamsters
12-19-12, 10:10 AM
i see players abandon thier account and never come back so if they retire cs from the app store there will never be new players

bigbux3
12-19-12, 04:40 PM
i see players abandon thier account and never come back so if they retire cs from the app store there will never be new players

City Story is gone from the App Store.

funnyhamsters
12-26-12, 03:34 PM
I do too. That's the least they can do. That'll recompensate me for all the money I spent. And I want free city cash purchases too. Or all the items changed to coins.

there should be free city purchases and everything changed to coins. im not allowed to buy city cash but i have a lot of coins and it upsets me because i spent 50 city cash for changing my name and usless buildings and then when u sell them it gives u coins :mad:

funnyhamsters
12-26-12, 03:36 PM
I haven't played this game in over a month. TeamLava replaced City Story, but Metro is not much better. idk why they would replace city story. and city story metro has poeple and cars running around and u have to use energy to do stuff. its not better than city story

funnyhamsters
12-26-12, 03:38 PM
You quoted me. LOL HAHA :rolleyes: ( HOVER MOUSE OVER FACE )

threeway5
12-26-12, 05:10 PM
Is there a formal TL response for this post?

I certainly do not want to continue buying Gems for Metro if there is ANY chance it will also become superseded with no compensation for paying customers.

shannonfbc
12-31-12, 08:08 PM
Please at least run one final update offering everything for coins

bigbux3
01-01-13, 01:42 AM
Please at least run one final update offering everything for coins

That would be nice. And I would want TeamLava to reoffer limited time items for coins.

kylebusch
01-04-13, 09:54 AM
You nailed it. Everyone liked cs all my nbrs quit because there was no updates. Tl made a terrible decision because I had many nbrs that bought city cash some spent thousands. When there were no more updates everyone quit losing tl a lot of money. Now that have metro which is very disappointing.

bigbux3
01-04-13, 02:16 PM
You nailed it. Everyone liked cs all my nbrs quit because there was no updates. Tl made a terrible decision because I had many nbrs that bought city cash some spent thousands. When there were no more updates everyone quit losing tl a lot of money. Now that have metro which is very disappointing.

Exactly. And I see that not many people play Metro.

nky1111
01-05-13, 12:11 PM
There is no Metro for android

ferretzz
02-12-13, 01:03 PM
Any response from tl on this?? I play city story daily but am bummed theres no goals or updates.

bigbux3
02-12-13, 04:22 PM
Any response from tl on this?? I play city story daily but am bummed theres no goals or updates.

I don't see why TeamLava won't respond to this.

ariesblu
02-26-13, 12:20 AM
There is no Metro for android

Yeah, there isn't one.