PDA

View Full Version : Why decline food gifts?

blackcat42
08-25-12, 08:48 AM
I read posts about people who decline food gifts. Why?

I mean food is always useable, because it can be served in your restaurant/bakery.

Personally, I have the opposite problem. Some neighbors are sending me weird parts that I have no idea what they are for....

mattyboo1
08-25-12, 08:52 AM
I read posts about people who decline food gifts. Why?

I mean food is always useable, because it can be served in your restaurant/bakery.

Personally, I have the opposite problem. Some neighbors are sending me weird parts that I have no idea what they are for....

Parts are for building constructible appliances which you can find in the appliance tab under the design menu and some players decline food because they want parts or have too much food

blackcat42
08-25-12, 08:59 AM
I know that parts are for building appliances, but I'm not going to build every appliance. Also, I only get a new appliance every 5 levels or so. So I really don't see the need for much parts.

sweetstuff525
08-25-12, 09:19 AM
I know that parts are for building appliances, but I'm not going to build every appliance. Also, I only get a new appliance every 5 levels or so. So I really don't see the need for much parts.

You can store your current appliance and buy a different kind and build... Then when you master all recipes in the appliance store it and build a different appliance... I for one have at least 5 appliances of every kind is available... Some I have 10+ of but only can have 18 appliance on floor

mattyboo1
08-25-12, 09:23 AM
You can store your current appliance and buy a different kind and build... Then when you master all recipes in the appliance store it and build a different appliance... I for one have at least 5 appliances of every kind is available... Some I have 10+ of but only can have 18 appliance on floor Unless you buy more appliance slots

farmerbarbara712
08-25-12, 09:26 AM
It is a waste for me to accept something like french toast. In just a few mins time I could make it up myself.
I prefer parts. I have 5-10 of each appliance so they are needed. Stew is they only food gift worth sending or recieving.

slpecoraro
08-25-12, 01:32 PM
I too decline food. I don't understand anyone other than someone just starting out wanting food for gifts. If you collect the parts you don't have to wait for nbrs to send them to you for you to build an appliance. I've been able to on a whim, build 10 appliances without having to request any parts.
But I also think after you have been playing a while you can choose nbrs that you notice have the same style as yourself. For instance, I look for nbrs that have many of the same appliances out. If I see someone that has 5 stoves on the floor I know right off the bat that we would probably not be a good fit as nbrs. Everyone has their own playing style, so the best thing to do is accept that I think, and try to find nbrs that play similar to ones self. :)

slpecoraro
08-25-12, 01:44 PM
blackcat, I meant to answer your question about why do people decline food and instead I went off in a whole different direction. Sorry about that, and I can tell you why I do, but I'm sure the reason is different for everyone.

First off, I don't keep tons of counters and personaly I cook the food that I feel compliments my restaurant. (other than when I'm mastering it of course..;) I also cook high revenue food, and I save my counters for those. And secondly, I can't get parts from anywhere other than my nbrs, where as I can cook for myself. And as for the actual declining, if you have more than 20 nbs gifting you and you prefer parts over food, you decline the food gifts to make room for the parts gifts you actually want. I would assume a food collector might do the same thing just the other way around, accepting food and declining parts..

Hope my answer is somewhat helpful. :)

oreo42709
08-25-12, 01:47 PM
also gifts are limited. the only food gift i send is in bakery story which is cappuccino because its 10 coins per customer and you get x50.

kancilkiller
08-27-12, 06:26 PM
Sending food is insulting IMO. "Your Restaurant can't cook enough food, and your customers are crying. Let me donate some food to feed your customers"

I am at level 97, I still find I need lots of parts to stand by, with new appliances come out almost every two weeks, I still can't catch up with it, and I can never have enough parts.
Parts are always lack of, we never know what TL will come out, almost new stove comes out every forthnight. Better to have lots of parts standing by instead of waiting to "Ask Friends" or get food.

I can cook more than enough food to sell, I even throw away all those cheap $1-$2 dishes because it is blocking my income. I chould've sell them $4 per visit you see?

Food, for god's sake, you own a restaurant, you can cook food by yourself, why need others to donate you food? Don't you find it insulting? Some crazy nbrs even send French Toast! Are you kidding me? I delete those nbrs who ever send food to me, I forgive them if they are below level 30, if they are above level 30, they should know by now that Food is practically useless.

Teach them fishing is better than give them fish. Same concept applies. Give them parts so that they can fish by themselves.

thatgirl444
08-28-12, 05:26 AM
i think you're being a little harsh ****er....the food is an option to send as gift. I dont find it insulting. Many people prefer food. Many others, parts....Noone is a mind reader and unless you specify on your wall or even better post it on the wall of the food sender that you apprieciate their gift but would prefer parts I dont think you have any business judging anyone.
I personally prefer parts but I have many neighbours that want food instead and i try to satisfy both parties to the best of ability.

thatgirl444
08-28-12, 05:33 AM
ohh and one more thing....not everyone goes on the forum and learns the dos and dont of this game....some people just play the game...they dont make it a huge part of their lives...many of those dont even realize that french toast is mostly useless...I have had a neighbour that was just sending me french toast because it was her favorite food to eat so she was being kind and extending that to me....sending me something that she enjoyed herself, which I thought was really sweet.

life77
08-28-12, 09:07 AM
I too decline food. I don't understand anyone other than someone just starting out wanting food for gifts. If you collect the parts you don't have to wait for nbrs to send them to you for you to build an appliance. I've been able to on a whim, build 10 appliances without having to request any parts.
But I also think after you have been playing a while you can choose nbrs that you notice have the same style as yourself. For instance, I look for nbrs that have many of the same appliances out. If I see someone that has 5 stoves on the floor I know right off the bat that we would probably not be a good fit as nbrs. Everyone has their own playing style, so the best thing to do is accept that I think, and try to find nbrs that play similar to ones self. :)

totally agree. I dont understand why it's not understood. It's jus how u decide to play the game. Period..

yorba
08-28-12, 09:58 AM
I totally disagree with all who replied. I want food over parts. I'm maxed out on 18 stoves and still cannot keep up with demand. Usually run out of food overnight. I can always request parts when I need them. I also accept parts gifts too and rarely have to request parts or wait long when a new part comes out for my neighbors to send them. I have 6 of most stoves. I usually keep 3 different stoves 6 each in my restaurant. I guess if you use real money to play and have several extra stoves, you would not need food gifts. Im a very good Tipper and parts only neighbors get deleted because they complain about my gift and I mass gift everyone because I can't remember who wants what. So it is just preference and finding compatible neighbors who play like you do. I can understand deleting low value food though in the hopes someone will gift chicken or stew.

lilacpear
08-28-12, 10:00 AM

Yes, food is always usable, but players can always cook food by themselves.

Parts are likewise always usable, but the biggest difference is that players cannot make parts by themselves. Parts must always must always be gifted. Players have to depend on the kindness of other players to complete appliances and advance in the game (either that or pay exorbitant gem prices to build appliances without assistance). If you know you will need to build appliances in order to advance in the game, and to build these appliances you will need parts, why not stockpile parts for the future?

I wrote in a recent BS thread that I understand the rationale behind requesting and giving food gifts, and I respect those players who decide to play the game this way. After trying several different gifting methods, I have decided it is best for me to always gift parts, to decline ALL food gifts, and to only keep neighbors who are okay with this arrangement. Why? To me, parts are and will always be much more valuable than food - even in RS, where the food quantities are notoriously low. I can always cook more food, but I cannot make my own parts.

-lp

lilacpear
08-28-12, 11:15 AM
I totally disagree with all who replied. I want food over parts. I'm maxed out on 18 stoves and still cannot keep up with demand. Usually run out of food overnight.

Let's do some quick math, shall we?

You can only accept 20 gifts each day. Now, let's assume that on one particular day you decide to accept only food gifts because you notice your food stock is very low. Let's also assume, for the sake of easy calculation, that you are gifted nothing but stew on that particular day. You will end up with 3,000 plates of stew (150 plates per gift x 20 gifts max). This seems like a pretty decent stock, but if you place them on your counters right away they will probably last only an hour or two and net you $15,000 in coins (3,000 plates of stew sold at $5 per plate). Looking at this from a wider perspective, you haven't really advanced much in the game on that particular day because $15,000 will not make much of a difference to your coin total and gifts do not provide any experience points (stars).

What if you stretch this strategy over the course of, say, several days? For the sake of easy calculation again, let's say you only accept stew gifts for six consecutive days. You will end up with 18,000 plates of stew (3,000 plates x 6 days). This also seems like a pretty decent stock, but you will sell out of these in a single day. (I'm not sure why this happens, but I've noticed that gifted food in ALL games tends to sell out more quickly than food or drinks I've made myself.) After selling out of the gifted stew, you will have gained a measly $90,000 coins (18,000 plates of stew sold at $5 coins per plate) which doesn't advance your game in any significant way and doesn't even make a dent in your coin total. To make matters worse, you won't have gained any experience points (stars) either.

Put another way, the amount of money you will have made from this gifting practice over the course of six days will buy you exactly one Bookshelf and single fancy Wooden Pillar.

Now, let's speculate what would have happened if you had spent those same six days cooking your own stew on a single stove, accepting nothing but parts as gifts, and reaching your 20-gift daily limit each day.

Stew takes two days to cook, costs $1,450 coins per batch, and each batch produces 1,400 plates, so, over the course of those six days you will have cooked 4,200 plates (1,400 plates x 6 days/2 days per batch). These plates will sell in an hour or two and will net you $16,650 coins ($21,000 coins gross - $4,350 coins required to cook the three batches). It’s a very small amount of coins, yes, but you will have gained 762 experience points which will contribute significantly to your ability to level up AND you will have accepted 120 parts which I am certain will be useful to you in the future.

These last calculations were based on the assumption that you only used one stove to cook stew for six days. What if you had dedicated ten stoves to this exercise? Eighteen stoves, as you have? Whoa. Just see for yourself:

* Six days of accepting nothing but stew as a gift = $90,000 coins
* Six days of cooking stew on 1 stove and accepting nothing but parts as gifts = $16,650 coins, 762 experience points, and 120 parts
* Six days of cooking stew on 10 stoves and accepting nothing but parts as gifts = $166,500 coins, 7620 experience points, and 120 parts
* Six days of cooking stew on 18 stoves and accepting nothing but parts as gifts = $299,700 coins, 13,716 experience points, and 120 parts

So, which strategy is better?

Once again, I believe each player has a right to play the game in whichever way they see fit and I respect the decision by some players to accept and gift nothing but food. But I don’t agree that this is a good strategy. Simple math proves that it isn’t.

-lp

yorba
08-28-12, 09:27 PM
Wheres the figure for cooking stew on 18 stoves and accepting nothing but stew for 6 days? Why not cook and earn extra cash by excepting food gifts? Why do I need 120 parts every six days?? im maxed out on 18 stoves and they are always cooking something. When ive got all fours and all gems i will only cook high value items. I accept both parts and food and rarely need parts. When a new stove comes out I will ask for parts if needed. I'll max those food items out too. No hurry. Btw no way will I use real money and extra stoves is out of my reach. again, why do i need 120 parts every 6 days??

kancilkiller
08-28-12, 11:10 PM
Yes, food is always usable, but players can always cook food by themselves.

Parts are likewise always usable, but the biggest difference is that players cannot make parts by themselves. Parts must always must always be gifted. Players have to depend on the kindness of other players to complete appliances and advance in the game (either that or pay exorbitant gem prices to build appliances without assistance). If you know you will need to build appliances in order to advance in the game, and to build these appliances you will need parts, why not stockpile parts for the future?

I wrote in a recent BS thread that I understand the rationale behind requesting and giving food gifts, and I respect those players who decide to play the game this way. After trying several different gifting methods, I have decided it is best for me to always gift parts, to decline ALL food gifts, and to only keep neighbors who are okay with this arrangement. Why? To me, parts are and will always be much more valuable than food - even in RS, where the food quantities are notoriously low. I can always cook more food, but I cannot make my own parts.

-lp

Yes, I fully agree with you, and I love the way you explain with receiving 20 Stews a day as example. I found it it is totally useless to receive food as I can cook much more than I can receive it why extra food to clutter my place? I made it clearly before accepting them as nbr. They must not send me food, if send me food, I will remove them. All my nbrs understood that food is not a good gift.

Why bother with extra food? I even wanted to throw away some of my food, it is overwhelming my place and I can't sell it all!

Getting 20 Stew a day, so

kancilkiller
08-28-12, 11:14 PM
thatgirl444, if you still prefer food, to me you still dont understand the logic behind why parts are more useful than food. lilacpear exmplained clearly why we should not get food as gift. Besically it is not wrong, but it is just not a wise choice, clearly it is a bad choice.

3squares
08-29-12, 06:53 AM
Let's do some quick math, shall we?*

You can only accept 20 gifts each day. Now, let's assume that on one particular day you decide to accept only food gifts because you notice your food stock is very low. Let's also assume, for the sake of easy calculation, that you are gifted nothing but stew on that particular day. You will end up with 3,000 plates of stew (150 plates per gift x 20 gifts max). This seems like a pretty decent stock, but if you place them on your counters right away they will probably last only an hour or two and net you $15,000 in coins (3,000 plates of stew sold at $5 per plate). Looking at this from a wider perspective, you haven't really advanced much in the game on that particular day because $15,000 will not make much of a difference to your coin total and gifts do not provide any experience points (stars).

What if you stretch this strategy over the course of, say, several days? For the sake of easy calculation again, let's say you only accept stew gifts for six consecutive days. You will end up with 18,000 plates of stew (3,000 plates x 6 days). This also seems like a pretty decent stock, but you will sell out of these in a single day. (I'm not sure why this happens, but I've noticed that gifted food in ALL games tends to sell out more quickly than food or drinks I've made myself.) After selling out of the gifted stew, you will have gained a measly $90,000 coins (18,000 plates of stew sold at $5 coins per plate) which doesn't advance your game in any significant way and doesn't even make a dent in your coin total. To make matters worse, you won't have gained any experience points (stars) either. *

Put another way, the amount of money you will have made from this gifting practice over the course of six days will buy you exactly one Bookshelf and single fancy Wooden Pillar. *

Now, let's speculate what would have happened if you had spent those same six days cooking your own stew on a single stove, accepting nothing but parts as gifts, and reaching your 20-gift daily limit each day.*

Stew takes two days to cook, costs $1,450 coins per batch, and each batch produces 1,400 plates, so, over the course of those six days you will have cooked 4,200 plates (1,400 plates x 6 days/2 days per batch). These plates will sell in an hour or two and will net you $16,650 coins ($21,000 coins gross - $4,350 coins required to cook the three batches). It?s a very small amount of coins, yes, but you will have gained 762 experience points which will contribute significantly to your ability to level up AND you will have accepted 120 parts which I am certain will be useful to you in the future.

These last calculations were based on the assumption that you only used one stove to cook stew for six days. What if you had dedicated ten stoves to this exercise? Eighteen stoves, as you have? Whoa. Just see for yourself: **

* Six days of accepting nothing but stew as a gift = $90,000 coins
* Six days of cooking stew on 1 stove and accepting nothing but parts as gifts = $16,650 coins, 762 experience points, and 120 parts
* Six days of cooking stew on 10 stoves and accepting nothing but parts as gifts = $166,500 coins, 7620 experience points, and 120 parts*
* Six days of cooking stew on 18 stoves and accepting nothing but parts as gifts = $299,700 coins, 13,716 experience points, and 120 parts

So, which strategy is better?*

Once again, I believe each player has a right to play the game in whichever way they see fit and I respect the decision by some players to accept and gift nothing but food. But I don?t agree that this is a good strategy. Simple math proves that it isn?t.*

-lp

thatgirl444, if you still prefer food, to me you still dont understand the logic behind why parts are more useful than food. *lilacpear exmplained clearly why we should not get food as gift. *Besically it is not wrong, but it is just not a wise choice, clearly it is a bad choice.

Your attempts to prove why someone's preference for food gifts is WRONG and ILLOGICAL is, in and of itself, condescending and offensive.

There is no "better" way to play. There are better ways to generate cash, better ways to accumulate points, better ways to level up fast, better ways to reach expansions, better ways to prevent overstock of food, and better ways to sell the food you have. But there is no "better" way to play.

It's like telling someone who's having an imaginary tea party that they are WRONG for not inviting the Queen.

There is no "winning" this game. There is no point where you can say, "I have progressed as far as I can go. End Game. I WIN!"

*The game goes on and on, and even if you reach Level 100, who's to say that TL won't at some point add more levels? there are always new decorations to acquire, etc.

What you're saying, in effect, is that players who prefer food as gifts are STUPID, because they just can't understand your impeccable logic.

People play this game for all sorts of reasons, including reasons that have nothing to do with goals. Some just like messing around with design elements. Or being able to "cook" their favorite dishes, and see virtual food on their virtual appliance, then "serving" this "food" and watching it being "consumed" by their "customers." They appreciate the artistry used to create the recipes in progress, the different designs of the completed foods, the way the appliances are drawn, even the artistic direction involved in creating new design themes.

If someone only has 5 tables and chairs in his restaurant, and resists your suggestions to buy more because he wants a spacious feel to his design, that doesn't make him WRONG or STUPID.*

If a person prefers food over parts, it does not follow that they only do so because they can't see the brilliance of your reasoning.

Please stop insulting other players by bashing their preferred method of game play.

greygull
08-29-12, 09:12 AM
Ok guys - everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just because it doesn't agree with yours, doesn't make it wrong. The OP was curious, and there have been reasons for both sides. Please keep this as a calm discussion, or the thread will be closed.

yorba
08-29-12, 09:13 AM
thatgirl444, if you still prefer food, to me you still dont understand the logic behind why parts are more useful than food. lilacpear exmplained clearly why we should not get food as gift. Besically it is not wrong, but it is just not a wise choice, clearly it is a bad choice.

Thatgirl444 said she prefers parts. I prefer food. One other point is that as far as I understand when you request parts, it's not counted as a gift. So you can receive 20 gifts and 20 requested parts per day. So if you cook on 17 stoves and build 1 new stove at a time requesting parts every day as needed, plus accept only food, youd make more money than accepting only parts. Oh yeah I guess the 90, 000 over six days accepting only stew doesn't mean anything. Not Worth it right? I'd take an extra 90,000 and get the extra parts by requesting anyday.

lilacpear
08-29-12, 09:50 AM
Your attempts to prove why someone's preference for food gifts is WRONG and ILLOGICAL is, in and of itself, condescending and offensive.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but no offense was meant by my post.

Also, nowhere in my post did I use the words "wrong" or "illogical" to refer to players who prefer to receive food. (In fact, every time I've discussed gifting on the BS and RS forums I have made it clear that I respect and understand the choices ALL players make when gifting.) I dislike having words put in my "virtual mouth", especially after taking the time to edit my words carefully before posting.

The original question, and title of the post, incidentally, was "Why [do people] decline food gifts?". Since I decided some time ago that I would decline all food gifts, I thought I could answer the OP's question by sharing some of the insight I've gained while playing these games. And my insight is this: accepting food as gifts is not a good strategy for advancing in the game.

Both of my posts in this thread were meant to be helpful and thorough, not insulting, but I cannot help it if you feel somehow personally attacked. Again, no attack or offense was meant.

There is no "better" way to play.

That's debatable. The actual purposes of the game are to advance in levels, earn coins and gems, purchase expansions, decorate to suit one's personal taste, complete TL-designed goals, and purchase appliances to master all available recipes. In order to achieve these goals, you must complete tasks such as cook and sell food, find neighbors, gift/tip, etc.

Since these goals are all based on numbers (i.e. a certain amount of coins are needed for an expansion, a recipe must be completed a certain number of times before mastering, etc.) then objectively, there are "better" and "worse" ways to play, although I prefer the terms "more efficient" and "less efficient".

"More efficient" ways to play lead you to completing these goals, while "less efficient" ways to play prevent or delay you from completing these goals. I am sorry that you do not agree with this, but everything I am saying here is based on facts.

There is no "winning" this game. There is no point where you can say, "I have progressed as far as I can go. End Game. I WIN!"

I agree. This is an open-ended game. But the goals I described above DO exist, and there are objectively "more efficient" ways to complete them. No one would continue to play if they didn't see some sort of progress taking place.

What you're saying, in effect, is that players who prefer food as gifts are STUPID, because they just can't understand your impeccable logic.

Nowhere in my post do I call anyone "stupid". Again, please don't put words in my post that were not there.

Also, it is not my "impeccable logic" - it is the game's "impeccable logic".

People play this game for all sorts of reasons, including reasons that have nothing to do with goals. Some just like messing around with design elements. Or being able to "cook" their favorite dishes, and see virtual food on their virtual appliance, then "serving" this "food" and watching it being "consumed" by their "customers." They appreciate the artistry used to create the recipes in progress, the different designs of the completed foods, the way the appliances are drawn, even the artistic direction involved in creating new design themes.

You are right when you say that people play these games for a variety of reasons but, ultimately, people continue to play because they want to achieve the goals I?ve listed above. Again, no one would continue to play without seeing progress of some sort.

If someone only has 5 tables and chairs in his restaurant, and resists your suggestions to buy more because he wants a spacious feel to his design, that doesn't make him WRONG or STUPID.

No, it doesn't make him/her "wrong" or "stupid", but it does delay or prevent him/her from achieving the goals of the game. That's all.

If a person prefers food over parts, it does not follow that they only do so because they can't see the brilliance of your reasoning.

Please stop insulting other players by bashing their preferred method of game play.

I'm not sure why you are taking my post so personally. You are finding offense where none was meant. I'm sure if you re-read my post at a time when you are not so consumed with emotions about this you might be able to see things more clearly.

-lp

26peanut
08-29-12, 10:02 AM
Wow! Thanks! So basically accept inly parts?

lilacpear
08-29-12, 10:02 AM
Wheres the figure for cooking stew on 18 stoves and accepting nothing but stew for 6 days?

As requested:

* Six days of cooking stew on 18 stoves and accepting nothing but stew as gifts = $389,700 coins and 13,716 experience points. Zero parts.

Why do I need 120 parts every six days??

Appliances require between 12 and 40 parts to complete, with most appliances needing 30. (See appliance chart here: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18009-Restaurant-Recipe-Inventory-amp-Chart-!!).

With weekly updates and new appliances coming out regularly, you will go through those 120 parts really quickly. If you stockpile parts, then you won't need to request materials from your neighbors as often and you will be able to finish building your appliances faster.

-lp

benbever
08-29-12, 10:19 AM
I like and accept both parts and food as gifts. The only thing I decline is new parts. The weeks after a new appliance is introduced I get hundreds of those parts, much more then needed for 10+ appliances, so I decline those. I sent only parts, most people like those better than food.
I can cook my own food, but it sells out very quickly (I have 7 appliances in restaurant and 10 in bakery) and I can request 20 parts each day, that's about enough for 1 new appliance.
The extra food from gifts is just a bit of free money, and the parts will prove useful and handy in the future. both are nice and welcome

thatgirl444
08-29-12, 12:45 PM

First of all as Yorba has kindly pointed out I personally prefer parts...wish you would read the entire message before commenting and criticizing my logic...second...like many tried to explain on here it's a matter of preference and you shouldn't insult anyone just because they have a different preference than yourself. Nothing is a bad choice and everyone has their personal needs when it comes to game play....I don't think rushing to level up is the only goal in these games. It's nice to take your time and enjoy each level and expansions.

lilacpear
08-29-12, 09:39 PM
[...]I can request 20 parts each day, that's about enough for 1 new appliance.

Some appliances require 20 parts or less, but most appliances require 30-40 parts. I wish these amounts were standardized so that all appliances always require the same number of parts, but apparently TL prefers variety.

-lp

lilacpear
08-29-12, 09:44 PM
Wow! Thanks! So basically accept inly parts?

Well, as you can see, there are opinions on both sides of the debate. As you go through the levels and become more attached to the game, you will ultimately decide which strategy works best for you.

Gifting in these games is all a matter of preference, really, so what's important is that you and your neighbors agree on whichever strategy you choose. Agreeing on gifting practices will make your gaming experience much more enjoyable, methinks.

-lp

3squares
08-30-12, 08:18 AM
You dont have to intend insult in order to offend. First of all, I find your tone offensive.

Let's do some quick math, shall we?

...is condescending and implies that the person you're responding to is either too lazy or too stupid to "do the math" themselves.

thatgirl444, if you still prefer food, to me you still dont understand the logic behind why parts are more useful than food. *lilacpear exmplained clearly why we should not get food as gift. *Besically it is not wrong, but it is just not a wise choice, clearly it is a bad choice.

...and this post by kancil****er is offensive because s/he implies that the only reason a person would still prefer food as a gift after such a clear explanation is because that person "just doesn't get it". In other words, she is STUPID. Or SLOW. MENTALLY IMPAIRED in some way - otherwise she would see the "truth" presented by your argument. Perhaps if she read it again...

BTW, kancil****er, your last sentence is contradictory. If it's a bad choice, then one shouldn't make that choice - and one who chooses to make that choice is therefore WRONG.

Put another way, the amount of money you will have made from this gifting practice over the course of six days will buy you exactly one Bookshelf and single fancy Wooden Pillar. *

You imply that these decorations are not very good, and this insults the player who has made these decor choices.

I have made it clear that I respect and understand the choices ALL players make when gifting.

If you are trying to convince them that your way is better, and you are right and they are wrong, then you don't respect their choices.

That's debatable. The actual purposes of the game are to advance in levels, earn coins and gems, purchase expansions, decorate to suit one's personal taste, complete TL-designed goals, and purchase appliances to master all available recipes. In order to achieve these goals, you must complete tasks such as cook and sell food, find neighbors, gift/tip, etc.

Actually, it's not. The purpose of THIS game is to have fun.

There is no "better" way for EVERYONE to play. There are better ways to gain xp, or coins, or parts, or levels, better ways to sell your food, or prevent your food from being sold out, but the best way for EACH INDIVIDUAL to play is the way s/he finds most enjoyable. And this is not predicated on having any goal - at all.

Also, it is not my "impeccable logic" - it is the game's "impeccable logic". *

The "game" is not an entity and it cannot reason. It has no logic.

No one would continue to play if they didn't see some sort of progress taking place.

You don't know this. People play for different reasons, and not everyone is goal-oriented.

I'm sure if you re-read my post at a time when you are not so consumed with emotions about this you might be able to see things more clearly.

...and, finally, THIS is condescending and offensive, because you imply that I'm "too emotional" to see the light and agree with your [flawless] reasoning. Clearly, the defect must be my emotional state - or my sanity - otherwise I would agree with you!

greygull
08-30-12, 09:33 AM
Locking thread due to personal attacking and ignoring moderator warning.