PDA

View Full Version : City's earnings vs. costs don't balance

kittycountess
08-24-12, 12:01 PM
I love this game but I find it too tedious at times. I believe the amount a city earns compared to how much it costs to landscape and expand is unbalanced. I have no exact numbers but considering most of my buildings earn between 40-320 coins per visit (and I can harvest only 30 of them per each visit due to energy restrictions) that's something around 6000 per play. Now if you look at the cost of things you'll see the problem. An ordinary apartment building costs 1100 coins, a glass tower as much as 15700. A taco stand that earns 90 coins is 2000. Each water square costs 1000 which caused a huge dent in my savings when I building my coastline. And now that I need to expand, to put another factory there since I'm running out of goods so fast, I find out I need 25000 just to get the expansion.

Am I the only one who thinks this isn't right? I find myself constantly trying to collect money before I can do the smallest change to my city. I can't remedy that by having a lot of buildings and businesses because I'm restricted by energy and lack of goods. Something like this makes the game less fun than it should be.

pixelslave
08-24-12, 04:24 PM
I agree. I'm also bothered by the fact that if I get my city the way I want it I'll have coins above most of the buildings most of the time. I'd love a toggle option to hide the coins and warnings so I can enjoy my city instead of feeling like I'm a slave to it.

Zetra
08-25-12, 04:19 AM
Acutally,Turn into photo mode make Warning disappear.Just exit to make them back.

kittycountess
08-25-12, 09:52 AM
They should get rid of the energy pronto. It serves no purpose. In all the other games I play (Dragon Story, Pet Hotel) as your place grows you earn more money so you can afford the higher cost of things. It encourages you to play more because you feel richer and can do things you couldn't do before. In this game it's the opposite. My savings don't grow even as my city does, so as expansions become more expensive and more businesses demand more goods I find myself struggling to make ends meet. I just recently got an expansion for 25000 which drained my savings. I desperately need the next block to make my design work but it costs 30000 now and I'm sitting on zero. Meanwhile I'm still earning the same 6000 per visit which now gets drained faster because I need to supply my Idea Factory, two factories and two greenhouses.

Milasfirstshop
08-26-12, 04:38 AM
I fully agree with you, the joy is getting less, what a pitty. One should have more money options and fun the further we get!

benbever
08-26-12, 05:23 AM
I don't like the energy system, and if they insist on it, then the energy regeneration takes too long and the max at 30 is way too low.
My city is build the way it is because of the energy limit, with only long term 90+ coin buildings.
Other building would jus sit there with a floating coin and no energy to collect.

I do not agree on income being too low. I appreciate that it takes time, and you can only build one expansion and/or a few buildings a day.
And I like this game better than some other games, which are much more limited, for instance pet hotel story turned into just clicking rooms and saving for an expansion that costs multimillions. And dragon story turns into a frustrating gambling game after you have all the common dragons; you can try once or twice a day for a 1 out of 20 chance for a rare dragon, and that's about it.

mattyboo1
08-26-12, 12:34 PM
Idont like energy either my city has gotten to a point where I have more buildings to collect than energy

Salasana3011
08-26-12, 12:36 PM
I hate that the time I can play is only 1-2 minutes at the time. In few minutes, I've used all the energy and half of the work I actually would like to do, will stay for the next time. That is way too little playtime per visit. And it seems it will be more and more only collecting money and building something new gets to be rare fun. Please fix this, soon!

kittycountess
08-26-12, 06:16 PM
I hate that the time I can play is only 1-2 minutes at the time. In few minutes, I've used all the energy and half of the work I actually would like to do, will stay for the next time. That is way too little playtime per visit. And it seems it will be more and more only collecting money and building something new gets to be rare fun. Please fix this, soon!

The game would be much more fun if you could collect all your money, clear all your trees/waters/cliffs, build all your buildings, and feel like you've achieved something in one visit. We all have busy lives. We can't sit there and watch the energy bar go up 1 point every 3 minutes. I usually shut down the game and plan to come back later when the energy is at full. Then I forget and once I'm back again all my buildings are again at full pay and have little coin bubbles floating on top of them, which means the cycle repeats.

ccane77
08-27-12, 05:20 AM
Being a little OCD myself, I can't stand having stuff always hanging overhead of my buildings! Lol I feel I can never catch up. Either run out of energy or run out of goods. I hate to let this one go but it might be time for me.

moogdaisy
08-27-12, 08:39 AM
Yes I fully agree on the 'energy' system TL decided to use here. They just want to **** the golden goose so to speak - instead of letting customers enjoy the game and buy something with money out of happy choice they think that if they make it impossible to play more than 30 taps (energy) then you will pay them real money to get more energy.

Costs energy to simply COLLECT when goods are produced? They might as well charge each time we boot the game up, for good measure.

Like Kittycountess says, the other games dont do this.. So they let you at least feel your effort has some long term value..

katelynronnea
08-30-12, 01:52 PM
They need to get rid of the energy bar and just let us play.

nekohakase1
09-12-12, 10:50 PM
I liked spending a long time playing the other games, the cooking games and even City Story (the old one).
It reminds me of when I was in middle school playing Sonic the Hedgehog and dad tried to limit game play to one hour a day.
Maybe Team Lava is run by soccer moms who don't want their kids to waste their day away in front of a computer screen.....

Kind of irritating, to not have the freedom to do that as an adult. :(

Miquilis
09-13-12, 11:10 AM
Being a little OCD myself, I can't stand having stuff always hanging overhead of my buildings! Lol I feel I can never catch up. Either run out of energy or run out of goods. I hate to let this one go but it might be time for me.

I feel the same, I find it really frustrating that I can never collect all the rent or profits I never have enough energy.

It's a really stifling feature of the game and actually discourages you from growing your city as a smaller city is easier to manage.

nmid
09-24-12, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the warning....got to level 15 in 24 hours and I thought the energy would keep increasing... But if it is fixed at 30, I rather not waste my time playing or buying gems anymore.

totaltechno
09-26-12, 04:04 PM
I'm at lv 21 and collecting my city nearly takes out my whole energy bar, sometimes completely taking it out from 30.

greatday2bealive
09-27-12, 07:31 AM
I deleted the game. The energy limit made the game boring and the city was ugly with all of the coins hanging above the buildings. I enjoyed the game at first but the energy restriction ****ed that joy.

lanVShuhu
12-08-12, 11:49 PM
I agree!! Hopes TL can remove the energy restriction (at least!!)

hotbeef
12-09-12, 03:17 AM
IMO TL should increase the energy upon reaching level 30. From that point on increase it in increments of 1 per additional level. IMO the energy is necessary to keep players from losing interest too fast. There would be no challenge if the energy was not part of the game. It's frustrating at times but it's a good feature