PDA

View Full Version : Save gold for third nest? Or just use it all on breeding?

AkumaNeko
08-23-12, 03:27 PM
I'm only at 343 gold and honestly am debating just using the gold to speed up breedings instead :P

Thoughts?

foxxiegirl
08-23-12, 03:29 PM
I personally think 2 is enough. So i use mine to speed breeding.

AkumaNeko
08-23-12, 03:34 PM
I personally think 2 is enough. So i use mine to speed breeding.

Very tempted esp after seeing your honey bee egg :)

carijonas
08-23-12, 10:50 PM
I once Pondered that same question and the advice I got was "save your gold" ... And that's what i did ... And then a couple weeks later they raised the gold price on the nest ... I regretted it ... Then later I accidentally spent my gold on hurrying an expansion ... So I had no gold and no nest !

My advice would be buy the nest ... Gold comes and goes but a nest is forever .

stormy168
08-23-12, 10:51 PM
saving for a third nest is pretty much useless. the benefits are marginal compared to the benefits of acquiring a second nest. in fact, just based on the fact that you get diminishing returns, the first additional nest should be priced higher than the second & third additional nests. a simple calculation tells us that you will never need more than 44/2, 22/2, [11/2], [5/2] = 4 nests where [] denotes the floor function, and we start with the 44 hour diamond/crusader and work in halves down to [5/2]=2 hours. There's nothing useful that breeds under 2 hours so that won't be counted.

squilibob
08-24-12, 10:34 PM
I have 3 nests and I get regular use out of my third so I recommend it if you are going to be playing for a long while

AkumaNeko
08-25-12, 02:00 PM
Hmm..... Thanks for the tips. Had to admit to using gold to speed up stuff recently. Including 44 gold for a diamond in MS. Now if only I can get a diamond in DS :P

crystalrayn3
08-25-12, 03:22 PM
I was lucky to purchase my third nest before the cost exploded. Using gold to bypass breeding/hatching times is a boon when you're trying for a specific dragon. Although it dwindles rapidly when fast fowarding island, firestorm & the other longer "times" dragons

AkumaNeko
08-25-12, 04:06 PM
Unfortunately I paid 250 gold for my second nest and will have to pay 500 for my third :(