PDA

View Full Version : Wall vs. News Feed ? ? ?

juicyjeni
08-23-12, 05:38 AM
Why do some of my neighbors come up on my wall while others come up at the bottom of my news feed? ? ? I noticed that it is with only a few people ? ? ? Not sure of why this happens and I feel bad because some people tip me and it goes all the way to the bottom of the news feed and I have to all the way down to the bottom to find them there . . . why is that? Is it just a computer glitch? or does is have to do with neighbors and community? I don't seem to notice a pattern, it seems to be random. Then there are also neighbors that end up on both my wall and my news feed so then I waste my time double checking because I don't want to not tip anone back - - It's nothing major and only takes a few extra minutes of my time but it kind of like an FYI question I guess I'm just curious to know if there is a difference? LoLzzz Thank you!!!:confused:

almondieeyez
08-23-12, 05:54 AM
hey the wall is for people who took the time to leave messages for you to read. The news feed shows the last 10 people who came by your bakery and tip you.

juicyjeni
08-23-12, 06:56 AM
why would they just come by and tip and not leave a message on my wall? your answer doesn't make sense to me ? ? ?

shakiba
08-23-12, 07:09 AM
Well, they dont have to. Of course, it would be more helpful if they do so we can tip them back. Idk, everyone's different.

juicyjeni
08-23-12, 07:19 AM
such is life - - thank you!!! <3

kooky panda
08-23-12, 10:40 AM
hey the wall is for people who took the time to leave messages for you to read. The news feed shows the last 10 people who came by your bakery and tip you.
I believe the newfeed was just changed to show 20 messages now.

Some players that play alot of games do not post so they can hit more neighbors.

cast1532
08-23-12, 10:45 AM
I believe the newfeed was just changed to show 20 messages now.

Some players that play alot of games do not post so they can hit more neighbors.

She's right. I don't write on my neighbors' wall because I rather visit my other neighbors. Plus, my fingers hurt if I do both.

melby29
08-23-12, 07:47 PM
why would they just come by and tip and not leave a message on my wall? your answer doesn't make sense to me ? ? ?

I don't have time to do both, so I just tip. And it doesn't bother me not to get messages when I get tips. Each to their own!

bkr45678
08-23-12, 07:55 PM
She's right. I don't write on my neighbors' wall because I rather visit my other neighbors. Plus, my fingers hurt if I do both.

Get a stylus! I have one and it's a life (finger?) saver! lol

cast1532
08-23-12, 10:28 PM
Get a stylus! I have one and it's a life (finger?) saver! lol

Isn't it the same thing?

lilacpear
08-23-12, 10:56 PM
Why do some of my neighbors come up on my wall while others come up at the bottom of my news feed? ? ? I noticed that it is with only a few people ? ? ? Not sure of why this happens and I feel bad because some people tip me and it goes all the way to the bottom of the news feed and I have to all the way down to the bottom to find them there . . . why is that? Is it just a computer glitch? or does is have to do with neighbors and community? I don't seem to notice a pattern, it seems to be random. Then there are also neighbors that end up on both my wall and my news feed so then I waste my time double checking because I don't want to not tip anone back - - It's nothing major and only takes a few extra minutes of my time but it kind of like an FYI question I guess I'm just curious to know if there is a difference? LoLzzz Thank you!!!:confused:

I might be in the minority here with what I'm about to say... I tip regularly, which is to say I tip almost every day, but I do so because a) I enjoy keeping my star rating at 4 and b) I enjoy taking a half-hour trip around my neighbors' bakeries and seeing what they're cooking and how they're decorating their spaces. The short version of this is that I enjoy tipping neighbors. Yes, it's time-consuming and the reward is awfully small for all involved, but it's one little task this game provides that I enjoy fully.

I don't tip with the expectation that my neighbors should tip me back, so I'm not overly concerned about them knowing that I've tipped them. I also rarely keep track of which neighbors tipped me back or which didn't. To me, receiving tips is not nearly as fun or as interesting as giving them and I'm ultimately more focused on receiving the gifts I need each day.

This explains why I no longer post "tipped" on neighbors' walls. I used to in my earlier levels, as I had read somewhere that this was the polite thing to do. However, I realized that this was a time-consuming task that I did notenjoy (unlike tipping itself) and I've stopped leaving "tipped" messages on neighbors' walls.

The only exception to this is when I'm interested in adding a new neighbor... if I visit their bakery and tip a potential neighbor, I leave a message saying that I've tipped them and that I would like them to add me.

-lp

trace35
08-23-12, 11:01 PM
Well said!

xoxjenn
08-23-12, 11:08 PM
I might be in the minority here with what I'm about to say... I tip regularly, which is to say I tip almost every day, but I do so because a) I enjoy keeping my star rating at 4 and b) I enjoy taking a half-hour trip around my neighbors' bakeries and seeing what they're cooking and how they're decorating their spaces. The short version of this is that I enjoy tipping neighbors. Yes, it's time-consuming and the reward is awfully small for all involved, but it's one little task this game provides that I enjoy fully.

I don't tip with the expectation that my neighbors should tip me back, so I'm not overly concerned about them knowing that I've tipped them. I also rarely keep track of which neighbors tipped me back or which didn't. To me, receiving tips is not nearly as fun or as interesting as giving them and I'm ultimately more focused on receiving the gifts I need each day.

This explains why I no longer post "tipped" on neighbors' walls. I used to in my earlier levels, as I had read somewhere that this was the polite thing to do. However, I realized that this was a time-consuming task that I did notenjoy (unlike tipping itself) and I've stopped leaving "tipped" messages on neighbors' walls.

The only exception to this is when I'm interested in adding a new neighbor... if I visit their bakery and tip a potential neighbor, I leave a message saying that I've tipped them and that I would like them to add me.

-lp

I entirely agree with this 100%. Well said!

pinkcherryb
08-23-12, 11:12 PM
Lilacpear, I like your style! :)

melby29
08-23-12, 11:16 PM
Well said!

Indeed!

Some days, I tip nobody. Other days, I tip everyone in my neighbours list. Like lilacpear, I feel no need to be given credit for tipping.

As I have progressed up the levels and gained the ability to earn money more quickly, the tips have become less important to me. It's nice that my neighbours have thought to tip me, but as the old saying goes - it's better to give than to receive.

lilacpear
08-24-12, 12:08 PM
Thanks all :)

I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this...

-lp

melby29
08-24-12, 01:54 PM
Thanks all :)

I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this...

-lp

You'll never be alone.

totaltechno
08-24-12, 02:52 PM
I feel the same way.

melby29
08-24-12, 05:25 PM
I feel the same way.

You feel alone? Or you feel not alone?

totaltechno
08-24-12, 08:33 PM
Not alone.