PDA

View Full Version : Venting... Biology ??

sehana
08-22-12, 06:25 PM
Photoshop - :) Great!! :)

Relational Database Concepts :| Ok, 3 more database courses to go...

Biology :( :confused:

Hmmmm, I like science but I'm not too sure about this type of science, may get more interesting in a couple more weeks, we'll see... too much reading :eek:

brunam
08-22-12, 06:40 PM
I loved biology and believe me it will get better... Learning about evolving was interesting and all the labs were pretty cool too

sehana
08-22-12, 06:45 PM
I think its just all the terms that get jumbled around in my head.
The labs aren't bad, I find that I learn more through them and actually remember most of the terms and stages through it than the textbook.

I really should have taken the 4 month Biology course instead of the 2 month biology course!! Doubled the course work in one course and added 2 more classes. I guess wasn't a good idea, LOL :p

pinkster73
08-22-12, 07:56 PM
I LOVED biology and anatomy. I've disected a sheep's brain and a cows eyeball.

Oh no, here comes crazy people......

lylahmae
08-22-12, 08:01 PM
I LOVED biology and anatomy. I've disected a sheep's brain and a cows eyeball.

Oh no, here comes crazy people......
I found that stuff fascinating.... now I sort of dissect things daily, and get paid to do it!

sehana
08-22-12, 08:48 PM
Oh Yeah, dissecting stuff I don't mind :p ,
but plant anatomy, cells, cell structure of bacteria, the different terms of taxonomy, stages of cell growth, terms for every single type of part of insects and plants terms are all in a big ball in my head waiting to explode letters. LOL! :D

The viruses, gene splicing, and how an animal turned into something else is interesting.
I think I was thinking it was more of an evolutionary class, which it partly is, but it's starting from cells and different types of cells, parts of cells. this cell makes this, but this part of the cell if present does this. it's confusing, they all look the same to me LOL! but I'm hanging in there as there are bits and pieces I do find interesting, but I am in no way a fast reader :)

Ok I'm finished complaining for now. Gotta get my kids off to bed and I have to finish this assignment and get off to bed also :)

now I sort of dissect things daily, and get paid to do it!
That must be awesome!!

sehana
09-20-12, 08:26 PM
WOOO HOOO!! toe-tap, skip & hop... 94% on my 8 pg Biology final research paper :) that I started late :/

2 more papers to go :eek:

pinkster73
09-20-12, 08:36 PM
Yay for you!

TimeForACuppaTea
09-20-12, 08:51 PM
I didn't mind the actual dissection either. But the formaldehyde really made me feel ill. I was so ready for the dissection to be done so I wouldn't have to smell it anymore.

pinkster73
09-21-12, 07:17 AM
I didn't mind the actual dissection either. But the formaldehyde really made me feel ill. I was so ready for the dissection to be done so I wouldn't have to smell it anymore.

I didn't mind the smell. But I also like the smell of gas and jiffy markers.

sehana
09-21-12, 10:29 AM
I didn't mind the smell. But I also like the smell of gas and jiffy markers.
The smell of tires give me migraines

pinkster73
09-21-12, 11:15 AM
The smell of tires give me migraines

Car tires? I can't say I've ever sniffed my tires. I'll have to do it now.

sehana
09-21-12, 11:48 AM
Car tires? I can't say I've ever sniffed my tires. I'll have to do it now.
LOL, I don't smell tires on purpose :p
when I go into auto stores and repair shops, the tire smell just takes over and so I get migraines about 30 minutes after.

queentina3
09-21-12, 12:20 PM
I'm not a fan of Biology or dissecting things. In my High School Biology class we had to dissect cats, and I'm a cat lover. The cat I ended up with died while pregnant, so when I cut her open, the little dead babies were all there. Needless to say I freaked and refused to go any further with the lab. I didn't mind my 7th grade Biology class as we only had to dissect frogs, but it's still is a subject I dislike. :(

pinkster73
09-21-12, 12:36 PM
I'm not a fan of Biology or dissecting things. In my High School Biology class we had to dissect cats, and I'm a cat lover. The cat I ended up with died while pregnant, so when I cut her open, the little dead babies were all there. Needless to say I freaked and refused to go any further with the lab. I didn't mind my 7th grade Biology class as we only had to dissect frogs, but it's still is a subject I dislike. :(

I'm all for dissecting stuff but no way would I do a cat. Cats are people.