PDA

View Full Version : Is it plausible to decorate your restaurant with the ingame gems?

totaltechno
08-22-12, 11:16 AM
I'm curious because I don't really want to spend money on gems and still have an amazing restaurant.

redgirl220
08-22-12, 01:31 PM
I have yet to purchase gems. I don't think I have an "amazing" restaurant, but it's not too shabby. :-) I just make do on decorations that are available to purchase with coins.

It really just comes down to how you feel about spending money on gems versus earning them by mastering recipes (which can be cumbersome and time-consuming).

marrrina
08-22-12, 05:42 PM
I think my restaurant looks very good for the theme I was going for. Everything was purchased with coins and a few cool accents with gems earned from cooking.

So it's definitely possible.

greygull
08-22-12, 06:00 PM
You can always check this thread http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?12916-CRAZY-restaurants

Some people did use gems, but others didn't. It's mostly the box items (in those pics) that cost the most gems, but there are lots of ways to decorate with coins and earned gems.

Gypsy_Cat
08-22-12, 07:37 PM
Also, please remember that what is appealing to you may differ from what's good looking to others. As long as you are happy looking at your place every day, that's all that matters.

minidemon88
08-23-12, 12:56 AM
You don't have to spend real money in order to let your RS looks amazing. You can just decorate your restaurant using coins. And if you have enough gems, you can also buy decoration that you like most. Like those pretty looking Limited Time Offer item. =p So long you're happy with the way your restaurant look, it doesn't matter. Remember you are the one playing, so don't have to bother about what other players thinks about your restaurant. ^^

yorba
08-28-12, 10:37 AM
I've never paid real money for gems and am surprised how many gems that can be earned by cooking food. I get lots of compliments on my restaurant designs. For me it's about color and arrangements of tables, not all the stuff you can accumulate.

lilacpear
08-28-12, 11:33 AM
I think it's possible. I have saved gems from game goals and mastering recipes and have only spent about five gems in total. I have never purchased gems.

I think my restaurant looks good, but it is definitely simple compared to other fantastic restaurants I've seen. If you're going for *wow*, then gems will be required - the most impressive items are almost always gem items.

Since all of the items in my restaurant were purchased with coins and some of them are quite expensive (I'm looking at you, Modern Chair!), I have had to decorate in stages and hold off on expanding the place for now. Making matters worse is the already well-known fact that RS food quantities are extremely low, which slows down my ability to earn coins and continue expanding/decorating.

-lp

canderel
08-30-12, 12:44 PM
I think it's definitely feasible, even though it depends on your tastes and patience! I'm a high level player (96 in both restaurant and bakery) and have never spent any real money on gems and will definitely not do so in the future, either. While I used to spend all the gems I earned on appliances, now that I have so many stoves etc and seeing as extra stove prices have soared, I have started spending my gems on decorations and can afford basically everything I want, provided that it's reasonably priced (and if it's not, I don't really feel like getting it in the first place) :

sweetstuff525
08-30-12, 01:14 PM
Yes it's possible I have only spent 5 dollars on gems... And have I think a pretty bakery

Fatimartini
08-30-12, 04:17 PM
I am at level 96, almost 97, and I never bought gems with real money.