PDA

View Full Version : antisemetic and racial slurs

Bunny
06-19-10, 02:40 PM
There is a user out there that is posting really nasty comments to many players. The user ID is lau421. I just wanted to post this to let others attacked to know they are not alone.

Ellie
06-19-10, 02:57 PM
This is the exact reason we need the ability to report abusive players and block them from our farms. This is a lovely gentle game where we help each other and these small minded bigots only spoil it for other farmers.

There also needs to be the ability to report offensive posts on this forum. I am a super mod on another totally unrelated v bulletin forum that uses reported posts and it works really well.

Please please bring in user logins for the forum.

Bunny
06-19-10, 03:24 PM
Hi Ellie,

I think you are my neighbor. I posted here on the forum but as well I have reported this user to the forum because I am tired of the comments on my wall. This user lau421, is leaving nasty messages on many peoples walls and even posting stuff about me on others walls.

I chose to ignore this player at first but the hate they are spewing is out of control. I have read on other threads that support has taken care of players like this but my fear is that teamlava will delete their account and then this person will just create a new user ID.

Thanks for your support.

Ellie
06-19-10, 04:01 PM
I don't think I have you as a neighbour but if you find me on the social list send me an invite and I'll add you.

I hate the idea of some "people" spoiling the game for anyone. Also there are children playing, my son plays, and I don't want him subjected to the sort of comments you describe.

As the farm is device specific, there must be a way that the developers can block that iPod/iPhone/ipad.

Hope TeamLava can sort this problem for you.

Ellie

Unregistered
06-19-10, 04:49 PM
I don't think I have you as a neighbour but if you find me on the social list send me an invite and I'll add you.

I hate the idea of some "people" spoiling the game for anyone. Also there are children playing, my son plays, and I don't want him subjected to the sort of comments you describe.

As the farm is device specific, there must be a way that the developers can block that iPod/iPhone/ipad.

Hope TeamLava can sort this problem for you.

Ellie

I have a neighbor with your name. This user is getting so abusive he/she is reading peoples walls to see who talks to who and then attacking them too and saying beyond nasty things about each person to the other.

I am afraid if support can not rectify this problem, I may stop playing. I enjoy this game so much but the attacks are getting worse and worse. To have someone read your wall and to then attack you on your neighbors wall is just plain ridiculous. I have 111 neighbors with whom I water at least 75 of them daily. The others don't water back or no longer play. I can't notify them if I quit for awhile because he will then attack them when he sees them post to my wall.

I emailed support. I truly hope they put an end to this harassment and verbal abuse.

Unregistered
06-24-10, 02:11 PM
I am so sorry this is happening to you. This game fosters such a community character of support that I am shocked, SHOCKED, that someone has made you feel so bad. I really hope something can be done to knock this person off for good. I agree to a previous post... Identify the apple ID and boot that person off for good.

Hang in there! Most of us are good people!

Ellie
06-24-10, 03:06 PM
I have a neighbor with your name. This user is getting so abusive he/she is reading peoples walls to see who talks to who and then attacking them too and saying beyond nasty things about each person to the other.

I am afraid if support can not rectify this problem, I may stop playing. I enjoy this game so much but the attacks are getting worse and worse. To have someone read your wall and to then attack you on your neighbors wall is just plain ridiculous. I have 111 neighbors with whom I water at least 75 of them daily. The others don't water back or no longer play. I can't notify them if I quit for awhile because he will then attack them when he sees them post to my wall.

I emailed support. I truly hope they put an end to this harassment and verbal abuse.

Did you mean the username was Ellie as I can assure you it wasn't this Ellie. I have come across another farmer with the same screen name.

If I describe my farm, I can maybe reassure others who read this forum that I am innocent.

I am on level 40 at present. I have my farmhouse and garden along the top edge with flower beds at either end and a gazebo. In the top right corner are my farm buildings and some trees. Along the right had side are my animals in 2 fenced fields with an outhouse between them. My crop growing space is arranged in 9 fields with half plots seperating them and the centre one is edged with flagstones.

I promise everyone it's not this Ellie who is being abusive.

I will say the morning after posting support to the OP my wall was filled with posts from one member, not abusive and the last two entries were apologies saying they had posted on the wrong wall.

I notice that the person who quoted my post and said they had received abusive comments from someone with the same screen name wishes to remain anonymous.