PDA

View Full Version : A Safety Issue!

melby29
08-22-12, 03:02 AM
Dear TL,

You really need to address the safety issue presented by the Pecan Pie recipe (and perhaps others, I just haven't noticed it).

I am currently cooking Pecan Pie. The handle of the pan goes off the edge of the oven! That is a really basic cooking safety factor. You NEVER leave the pan handle hanging over the edge.

As it is now, my people are coming in the door, and barely missing the handle with their heads. All it will take is for someone that is slightly taller to come into my bakery, and WHAM! Their head hits the handle, and knocks it off the oven. They will burn themselves or one of the other customers.

Now, my bakery is in Australia, but even here, we are becoming law-suit-happy, probably because we watch too much American TV. So next I will be getting sued by my burnt customer/s. Great. I am working so hard to save up my money, and now I have to give it all to one of my customers. THEY are supposed to be giving ME money. But that will all go out the window.

They will also probably bring so much bad publicity to my bakery, that I will not get any customers. So I will have to shut my bakery down. No more gems-for-expansions. No more impulsive gem purchases because I want, want, want that special floor decoration.

Please, please don't let this happen. Please, please ensure that the recipes can all go in pans that do not pose public health issues! Please!

melby29
08-22-12, 03:08 AM
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w389/Melby29/bakery_story-2012-08-22-08-04-03.png

melby29
08-22-12, 03:10 AM
Oh and look. When my Fruity Yoghurt Parfait has finished, its top is missing. Just sayin'

almondieeyez
08-22-12, 05:12 AM
What I dont understand is why the handle is on the other side of the stove. The stove is facing forward, so wouldn't the handle face forward as well? Who cooks back of the stove?

badger8
08-22-12, 07:45 AM
Ha! this happened to me is RS as well. I have "Lava Girl" behind a row of stoves, and no matter where I put her, the pan handle was poking her right in the eye. I laughed every time I opened the game :)

pinkster73
08-22-12, 07:52 AM
Ha! this happened to me is RS as well. I have "Lava Girl" behind a row of stoves, and no matter where I put her, the pan handle was poking her right in the eye. I laughed every time I opened the game :)

Now that's funny.

lola1190
08-22-12, 10:27 AM
Oh and look. When my Fruity Yoghurt Parfait has finished, its top is missing. Just sayin'

I ate it ... sorry :-(

nmishii
08-22-12, 10:54 AM
@melby29

Real-life bakery appliances are typically not in the path of customers. Maybe design your bakery so that there is some sort of divider behind the appliance, and then the customers shouldn't have a problem running into the pan handles.

marrrina
08-22-12, 11:19 AM
I think the real danger is placing the stoves in a position where the customers could easily burn themselves.

melby29
08-22-12, 01:43 PM
I think the real danger is placing the stoves in a position where the customers could easily burn themselves.

Point taken! I have now moved my kitchen around. The customers no longer walk past ovens, they walk past treat dispensers which are turned in towards the kitchen. So hopefully there are no dangerous wires at the back of the appliances!

However, there is still a huge danger for Miss Confectionery, who is filling in for Jean Pierre in the kitchen (because ANDROID USERS CAN'T GET JEAN-PIERRE!). The stoves down the other side of the bakery have the handles hanging in towards the kitchen, so if she ever gets mobile in that cake/dress mobile, then she is in real danger of having 5 Pecan Pies - hot ones at that - fall all over her.

Gypsy_Cat
08-22-12, 01:51 PM
This thread is either wickedly clever & fun or terribly worrisome.....lmao.

shakiba
08-22-12, 03:02 PM
Haha this thread made my day.

pinkcherryb
08-22-12, 03:11 PM
This thread is either wickedly clever & fun or terribly worrisome.....lmao.

I concur lol. Oh Melby ...... :D

NeeOnn
08-22-12, 05:07 PM
:confused: how did this even happen?

melby29
08-22-12, 05:22 PM
Imagine if they had combined the saucepan handles with the chop-chop glitch that we see with the new sign and other things we have seen in the past like pianos, icing counters and now my fruity yoghurt parfait, where things are cut off.... My poor customers could be walking in and having half their head chopped off as they passed by the handle! Then the cupcakes would be twice the size of their heads, cos they would only have half a head.

shakiba
08-22-12, 05:23 PM
Imagine if they had combined the saucepan handles with the chop-chop glitch that we see with the new sign and other things we have seen in the past like pianos, icing counters and now my fruity yoghurt parfait, where things are cut off.... My poor customers could be walking in and having half their head chopped off as they passed by the handle! Then the cupcakes would be twice the size of their heads, cos they would only have half a head.

Lol!!! This made me laugh!!!

Dreamer691
08-22-12, 10:26 PM
Haha Melby this thread has made me laugh so much! I agree with Shakiba, this thread has completely made my day!