PDA

View Full Version : Gifting Etiquette

lilacpear
08-21-12, 12:30 PM
Hi all! Long time lurker, first post! :)

I've been wondering about gifting etiquette for some time now. I routinely gift my neighbors every day and, since I discovered the prices of each of the drinks we are allowed to gift each other, I have been gifting nothing but War and Peace for weeks now.

As it is, the game allows four kinds of drinks to be gifted: Juniper Juice, Dictator, War and Peace and Blue Lagoon. All those drinks sell for $2, except for one of them - War and Peace - which sells for $5. I didn't pick up on this detail when I first started playing NS, but I wish I had noticed it or that someone had told me earlier on, as I would have switched to gifting only War and Peace from the beginning.

As a rule, I no longer accept gifts that are not War and Peace. I figure I stand to earn a potential 10,000 coins per day (100 drinks x 5 coins per drink x 20 gifts per day) and whenever I accept a gift that is NOT War and Peace, I lose out on coins. Since the object of this game is to earn as many coins as possible in order to expand the club and advance in levels, this strategy is the most advantageous and logical.

Why on earth would anyone gift cheaper drinks when a more expensive option is clearly available? Most of my neighbors don't seem to understand this simple notion, even when my preference for receiving War and Peace is clearly noted on my wall. I have started posting on neighbors' walls directly to see if they change their gifting practices, but I still continue to receive Juniper Juices and Dictators on a daily basis.

Is it polite to remind neighbors of your gifting preferences? How do you guys deal with this subject with your neighbors?

-lp

Gypsy_Cat
08-22-12, 07:15 PM
Just my opinion here, but I also used to gift the Blue Lagoon because I thought it was pretty. I didn't start coming to the message boards until I was playing for about 2-3 months so I didn't get the logic behind gifting War & Peace. As soon as I read about it, I started gifting that alone every day. So, even though I don't like getting other drinks, I get that it's probably players that are just trying to be nice and/or switch up their gifts since we have such limited choices. I wish so much that we had other options.

While I prefer to get War & Peace, I still accept all my gifts. Gifts never spoil so why not have some back up drinks in case you ever need them. It's still 'free money' since I didn't have to make it, even though it's not much. As for posting on walls; not everyone reads their own wall or their neighbors' for requests. I tend to just do a blanket gifting of all my neighbors at once.

In the end, it really just depends on your style of play. The gifting issue in NS is a cake-walk compared to BS & RS where there's the whole debate about parts vs. food!

Happy playing! :-)

lilacpear
08-26-12, 09:11 PM
Just my opinion here, but I also used to gift the Blue Lagoon because I thought it was pretty.

Hah, me too! I didn't even look at War and Peace because I didn't quite like the Tolstoy reference. Now it has become my favorite drink. :)

So, even though I don't like getting other drinks, I get that it's probably players that are just trying to be nice and/or switch up their gifts since we have such limited choices.

Maybe, but I suspect it's just that they don't know/haven't figured out how much each drink is worth.

The gifting issue in NS is a cake-walk compared to BS & RS where there's the whole debate about parts vs. food!

Oh, I completely agree! Gifting in NS is so easy! :)

-lp