PDA

View Full Version : how rare is rare?

benbever
08-20-12, 06:59 AM
How rare are the rare dragons? Is a rare dragon a chance of 1/10 (10%) or is it 1%? and the super rares?

I keep trying for the beautiful fairy dragon, but keep getting fruit dragons. I can make 3 fruities a day (speeding up with gold a bit) and am now hatching my tenth fruit egg.
Is the chance for a fairy like 4% or 5% and for the parakeet 1%? How come neighbors with levels under 20 often have 1 or even more fairy dragons? did they buy them in the shop with gold?

I also tried for the scorpion (goal) and got 6 firestorm dragons and no eagle or scorpion.
I tried breeding 2 basic colours, level 4-4 6-6 10-7 etc and breeding crossbreeds. for the fairy I tried breeding green left en yellow left and vice versa. Does this make a difference? Am I doing something wrong?

I tried for the wild dragon (rare!) because the life dragon (common) takes only 3 hours (cost only 3 gold to speed up) and after 10 life dragons I got a wild dragon.
Is the chance for a rare 10%?

I also bred a lot of mist and other common crossbreeds, and got two rares out of mixed (4 colour) breeds; mindvolt and trickster.
In total 3 rares out of 42 crossbreeds, that's 1 out of 14 breeds, or 7% chance for a rare and 0% chance for a super rare.

Has anyone kept track of the chances and percentages? I found the wikia with great info on eggs, breeding times etc, but nothing on breeding chances.

saintlover
08-20-12, 08:28 AM
It took me WEEKS to get a Wild... count your blessings!

draginraiser
08-20-12, 03:28 PM
I have another friend who just cannot for the life of her get a fairy, but the familiar dragon, wizard dragon, no problems first go! Perhaps try lower level dragons as it is a lower level quest and they may not expect ylu to have 8+ level dragons etc :) goodluck, I breed fairy dragon at least three times a week in search for my diamond

benbever
08-20-12, 05:12 PM
I wish you could give me one :) but on the other hand I want to breed it myself.
I tried again with a lv 7 leaf and a lv 5 air, then with a lv 6 leaf and lv 6 air, and then (I used gold to speed up) with two lv 6 fruits.
All resulted in fruit dragons, so now I have two nests with 10 hour fruit eggs and two fruit dragons making a third one.
That's 12 tries, all fruit dragons. (I used to like them, but I'm starting to dislike them.)

Why did they make the rares so rare? A 1% chance is hardly any fun.

It took me WEEKS to get a Wild... count your blessings!
How many weeks? The common red-green takes only 3 hours so you could try 4 or 5 times a day. If you tried for 14 days (2 weeks) that means 64 tries before you got the wild dragon? That's a 1% or 2% chance then.

draginraiser
08-20-12, 05:25 PM
Hmmm, guess everyone has that dragon they can't get! For me it's familiar, diamond and her babies, trickster and scorpion. Scorpion in my nemesis! I've tried about 30 times now, zero luck haha

benbever
08-20-12, 05:43 PM
I tried 6 times for the scorpion (for the goal) but no luck. I would have been happy with an Eagle too.
The scorpion is super rare. I don't know the chances for a normal rare, let alone a super rare.
I started playing with two friends, and they got the scorpion goal at the same time, and then got the scorpion first try and the other person third try. They boths have eagles, fairies and parakeets as well. And lots of other rares and super rares. Hence my question if I am doing something wrong, or am I just unlucky, or are they extremely lucky?
I see fairy dragons in almost all games I visit, even low level ones. That's why i'm wondering how rare they are. Someone has to have kept stats..

Zamoraksblood
08-20-12, 05:45 PM
Try poison firestorm or firestorm firestorm for Scorpion, both got me scorpion on first time

lin77
08-20-12, 06:52 PM
I'm on level 16 and have the Wild, Forestfire, Fairy & Magic dragons! Which range from rare to super rare. Only tried once for all of them. :)

iVerzo
08-21-12, 01:58 AM
I've bred forest and fire 2 times and and I got wild on both tries. You seem to be very unlucky.

amentofashion
08-21-12, 02:03 AM
The first dragon I ever bred was a wild... I got the fairy, planet, eagle & trickster recently too, I just became lvl 19 or 20... but I can NEVER for the life of me get the athletic, I've given up on it :(

princessbella99
08-21-12, 02:28 AM
The first dragon I ever bred was a wild... I got the fairy, planet, eagle & trickster recently too, I just became lvl 19 or 20... but I can NEVER for the life of me get the athletic, I've given up on it :(

I cannot get fairy either! but i have a parakeet recently, and athletic is quite easy. i think it was water+Fire.

Darkstorm2
08-21-12, 03:13 AM
Parakeets and scorpions have been the most difficult for me to get.

MoonStars2
08-21-12, 06:40 AM
scorpions i get 3 and sold 1 off. i can't get parakeet. fairy I get many and sell and i can't get trickster. Athletic on first try. I was trying for a diamond :( it's purely random, no combo works for everyone.

shahed12
08-21-12, 06:45 AM
Common:65%
rare:25%
super rare:9%
Ultra rare:1%
that's what I think it it is

benbever
08-21-12, 06:53 AM
I tried the fruit+air tip with a lv10 fruit + lv 10 air and with a lv6 fruit + lv6 air. Both gave more fruit.
That's 14 out of 14 fruit now. Thanks for the tip anyway, but I don't think breeding basics, crossbreeds or one of each changes anything.

I know how random works.
6/6 firestorms, 14/14 fruits, 10/11 life and 5/5 mist (all common) and 3 rares out of 46 breeds total indicate a ~1/15 chance for a rare (6%), and very small (~0%) chance for a super rare. So maybe they set it up as 95% chance common and 4% chance rare and 1% chance super rare. Or 10% chance rare that's also possible.

Meanwhile a lot of low-level people get a fairy (or parakeet) or scorpion (or eagle) or multiple of them within only a few tries.
I have two friends who started at the same time and they got 4 super rares and 3 rares out of ~35 breeds, and 3 super rares and 4 rares out of ~40 breeds, so that's a 18% chance and 31% chance for a (super)rare instead of a common.

Those differences are getting a bit too big to be just chance and luck.
Maybe gold usage affects luck percentages, or level affects it, or social rating affects luck?
The fact that I can't find breeding precentages anywhere also indicates that they might be irregular.

I'm on level 16 and have the Wild, Forestfire, Fairy & Magic dragons! Which range from rare to super rare. Only tried once for all of them.
congratulations on your dragons. However this information isn't helping me with breeding chances and stats in any way. NB the magic dragon isn't rare to get, it's the common result for crossbreeding red and blue.

lin77
08-21-12, 11:03 AM
I tried the fruit+air tip with a lv10 fruit + lv 10 air and with a lv6 fruit + lv6 air. Both gave more fruit.
That's 14 out of 14 fruit now. Thanks for the tip anyway, but I don't think breeding basics, crossbreeds or one of each changes anything.

I know how random works.
6/6 firestorms, 14/14 fruits, 10/11 life and 5/5 mist (all common) and 3 rares out of 46 breeds total indicate a ~1/15 chance for a rare (6%), and very small (~0%) chance for a super rare. So maybe they set it up as 95% chance common and 4% chance rare and 1% chance super rare. Or 10% chance rare that's also possible.

Meanwhile a lot of low-level people get a fairy (or parakeet) or scorpion (or eagle) or multiple of them within only a few tries.
I have two friends who started at the same time and they got 4 super rares and 3 rares out of ~35 breeds, and 3 super rares and 4 rares out of ~40 breeds, so that's a 18% chance and 31% chance for a (super)rare instead of a common.

Those differences are getting a bit too big to be just chance and luck.
Maybe gold usage affects luck percentages, or level affects it, or social rating affects luck?
The fact that I can't find breeding precentages anywhere also indicates that they might be irregular.

congratulations on your dragons. However this information isn't helping me with breeding chances and stats in any way. NB the magic dragon isn't rare to get, it's the common result for crossbreeding red and blue.

I don't try to get them. I'm just breeding randomly. I'm not keeping track of who I bred w/ who. Its a game plain & simple. I'm not gonna loose sleep over a stupid game about dragons!

Some take it too seriously!

benbever
08-22-12, 06:01 AM
I upped my social rating to 4 to see if that matters (it was a lot of clicking.)
Then I took a break and tried a 4 colour combo, got a charm.
Then I tried for the fairy again with a lv 10 fruit x lv 8 life, got a fruit, and then a life.
Then I tried lv 8 fruit x lv 8 life and got a wild (rare)

So that 1 out of 4 rares with the soacial rating of 4 insteda of 1 or 2. Still much too early to say if it does have any influence.
(sadly, of the six (super)rares possible with fruitxlife breeding I got the only rare I already had, but, it's a rare so i'm not complaining.)
wonder how long it'll take until I have one of the bird or butterfly dragons.

carijonas
08-22-12, 01:11 PM
When I first began playing the game I really wanted the fairy ... But for the life of me I could never get one ... It wasn't until I was level 38 I got one and now I have 3 ! Of course I didn't start getting them until I stopped trying for it ! Good luck .