PDA

View Full Version : SUCCESFUL ways to get a DIAMOND dragon

shahed12
08-19-12, 07:46 PM
I went through and asked lots of people how they got their diamonds here's what I have so far:
Frutiful x athletic
Eagle x serpent
Firestorm x coral
Genie x wild
Life x genie
Charm x mist
ISLAND X FIRESTORM
Mindvolt x life
Mist x wild
Scorpian x atlantic
If some don't make sense (the purple ones) idk people said
They do work, I also looked it up(wiki) HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD LUCK

LilMzB4Life
08-19-12, 08:35 PM
My diamond came from Titan/Atlantis. Just wanted to share.

shahed12
08-19-12, 08:46 PM

Thanks I wish I knew how to edit threads

bigbux3
08-19-12, 08:48 PM
Thanks I wish I knew how to edit threads

Unfortunately, that's not possible. We do not have that capability because of a "glitch" to the forum.

jj486
08-19-12, 08:51 PM
I have mine from scorpion and island.

bigbux3
08-19-12, 08:58 PM
I have mine from scorpion and island.

How do you get the scorpion? I cant seem to get one, yet I have all the goals to get dragons that I cant get.

shahed12
08-19-12, 09:01 PM
How do you get the scorpion? I cant seem to get one, yet I have all the goals to get dragons that I cant get.
air and fire

bigbux3
08-19-12, 09:23 PM
air and fire

I can't seem to get one :(

shahed12
08-19-12, 09:56 PM
I can't seem to get one :(

Its VERY RARE (SUPER) keep trying I had to try 23 times to get 1

bigbux3
08-19-12, 10:02 PM
Its VERY RARE (SUPER) keep trying I had to try 23 times to get 1

I didn't get one. I just breeded Air and Fire.

shahed12
08-19-12, 10:15 PM
I didn't get one. I just breeded Air and Fire.
Keep breeding then u need patience

miekaaa
08-20-12, 12:48 AM
I got mine with charm and fruitful, and the purple make sence look at the diamonds star its got 5 colors around it does it not

coolgamegirl27
08-20-12, 12:53 AM

Got mine with Air/Firestorm both epic.
Doesnt it feel like those goals are taunting you? The only two goals I have left are the one to get a Diamond and the one to get a Seabreeze.

saintlover
08-20-12, 08:33 AM
Got mine with WILD/SEABREEZE

dragonlord196
08-20-12, 09:10 AM
Got my diamond with Eagle 10 and Island 10

miahsboo
08-20-12, 10:12 AM
Life/coral

sukierd
08-20-12, 10:27 AM
I just recently got my first diamond with a serpent and a firestorm. Level 9 and 6.

dragonolic
08-20-12, 10:47 AM
Doesnt it feel like those goals are taunting you? The only two goals I have left are the one to get a Diamond and the one to get a Seabreeze.
Same, for a long time

rusticjess
08-20-12, 11:32 AM
I thought about trying parakeet x athletic. anyone think that might work?

bigbux3
08-20-12, 03:23 PM

They are taunting me!!!! I still can't get a scorpion!!

Zamoraksblood
08-20-12, 03:29 PM
Lol I'm getting my second scorpion, try poison firestorm

bigbux3
08-20-12, 03:31 PM
Lol I'm getting my second scorpion, try poison firestorm

I should do that! Thanks.

Zamoraksblood
08-20-12, 03:32 PM
No prob

shahed12
08-20-12, 06:08 PM
I thought about trying parakeet x athletic. anyone think that might work?
Yes it will because as long it has blue yellow red green or purple it may be a diamond

Darkstorm2
08-21-12, 03:21 AM
Diamond x Diamond also got me a diamond

alisatu
08-21-12, 05:08 AM
Diamond x Diamond also got me a diamond

Lol, orly?

I wonder what happens if you breed diamond x gold/quetzal/crusader?

Darkstorm2
08-21-12, 05:41 AM
Lol, orly?

I wonder what happens if you breed diamond x gold/quetzal/crusader?

I have only gotten hybrids... No pure diamonds yet :(

spiralraindrop
08-21-12, 09:19 AM
My own diamond was bred from island x firestorm. I think that's the most successful combination for most dragon caretakers.

Yellowstone67
08-21-12, 10:22 AM
They are taunting me!!!! I still can't get a scorpion!! bigbux I'm level 11 and I have eagle and SCORPION. (Yes we might be taunting you) :)

rujiphorn
08-21-12, 11:06 AM
Which level?

shahed12
08-21-12, 01:30 PM
THE REAWON EVERY ONE DOES ISLAND AND FIRESTORM IS BECAUSE THEY ARE EASY TO GET its just luck and combinations

ash717
08-21-12, 08:51 PM
I got mine with Seabreeze & Forestfire.

DjrainbowBRAINS
08-22-12, 03:05 AM
THE REAWON EVERY ONE DOES ISLAND AND FIRESTORM IS BECAUSE THEY ARE EASY TO GET its just luck and combinations

I don't want to be rude to you cause I don't know you and this is outta my character!... But if I hear one more person say this I'm gonna throw an island and or firestorm dragon AT YOUR FACE!!! Read the threads man!!!! Than combo is NO LONGER WORKING AT ALL!!! There are 20 threads to every 1 "luck/ just breed island and firestorm" threads!!! It ISN'T WORKING FOR 90% of players!!

We are not complaining just to complain. Most of us have spent tons of times, money, days, hours, months trying to get this stupid dragon!!! Most of these players like me CANNOT do anything else until that dragon comes and for a long time I've had NOTHING to do on this game!!! THIS IS BAD BUSINESS AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED IN SOME WAY OR ANOTHER. Or! TL WILL lose lots and lots and LOTS of good paying dedicated players! These games are becoming a joke now and I hate that! I truly love this game but loosing my drive for it faster and faster!!!

shahed12
08-22-12, 07:49 AM
I don't want to be rude to you cause I don't know you and this is outta my character!... But if I hear one more person say this I'm gonna throw an island and or firestorm dragon AT YOUR FACE!!! Read the threads man!!!! Than combo is NO LONGER WORKING AT ALL!!! There are 20 threads to every 1 "luck/ just breed island and firestorm" threads!!! It ISN'T WORKING FOR 90% of players!!

We are not complaining just to complain. Most of us have spent tons of times, money, days, hours, months trying to get this stupid dragon!!! Most of these players like me CANNOT do anything else until that dragon comes and for a long time I've had NOTHING to do on this game!!! THIS IS BAD BUSINESS AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED IN SOME WAY OR ANOTHER. Or! TL WILL lose lots and lots and LOTS of good paying dedicated players! These games are becoming a joke now and I hate that! I truly love this game but loosing my drive for it faster and faster!!!

It is actually luck I tied already more than 150 times I gave up it IS luck and some people tried it only ONCE OR TWICE but they don't know its ultra rare (to me its 1%)people who tried more than 100 times it luck if u don't want to waste money then give up on it (I'm not trying to be mean I'm trying to help people :D)
And if u understanded my comment its because island and firestorm are easy to get and INCLUDES 4 different elements if u don't wanna do that try anything that includes 4 different elements ok

meelon
08-22-12, 12:36 PM
cheers dude for the post ive been trying for ages so many combos and saw ur post got my diamond at lvl 41 with mist and wild, first go lucky me i guess

and btw i got my wild dragon at lvl 39

ps also i need a few neighbours so i can get mystic maps so add me id meelon (as in the fruit) :)

brittanafan
08-22-12, 02:15 PM
i don't know why people keep saying it's "luck"

luck implies that it's completely random if you get a diamond, regardless of what dragons you use, what sides they are on, what levels, what time of day, etc etc

which we know is not true

if it were true, and it were simply "luck", then people wouldn't have been able to breed more than 1 diamond from the same pairing consistently

the same way I'm able to breed mistmoths fairly easily from the same lvl 6 magic and lvl 6 water, whereas other people can't get even 1, and may have tried many more times than I have.

There is something in the game or code, that allows for me to have a higher chance of getting a mistmoth over someone else.

What the something is, I don't know. If it's something that is embedded in my game from the moment I installed it, and there's nothing I can do about it, and it's simply that my game is set up to have a higher percentage chance at mistmoths over someone elses embedded whatever, I don't know

Or if it's because of my island placement, or the dragons i bred to get that magic (grandparents genetics), or the time of day that I try breeding for the mistmoths, I don't know

but whether it's something I'm doing, or something that was installed into my game that I can't control, it's clear that I can get mistmoths at a higher percentage rate than someone else.

Which means that it is not random luck.

Right now I have bred that combo 8 times and have 3 mistmoths, which is 37.5%

It's not a very large sample size, I know, but seeing as I've seen people breed 20+ times and not get a single one, their percentage chance rate has to be way lower than mine

Anyway, using this to apply towards diamond dragons -

I have tried Island/Firestorm about 50 times and have not gotten a diamond. but lets say i *had* gotten it on my 50th try, then the percentage is likely to be something like 2%

which means statistically every 50 breedings i should have gotten at least one.

Yes I know that the 2% means each breeding attempt is 2% and it doesn't go up with further attempts and it always remains 2%, like when you flip a coin and it's heads, it doesn't mean the next time has to be tails since it's 50%, but when you average a large number of flips you get roughly 50/50

so if i breed 600 times that combination, i should have gotten 12 diamonds at some point, statistically (not definitely just statistically)

but seeing as some people have bred one diamond very easy(few attempts) with a combination such as island/firestorm, and then were able to breed another one with very few failed attempts in between, it clearly shows that their percentage for getting a diamond with that pairing is higher than my theorized 2%

which means that it is NOT luck

again, i'm not saying that WE can control what our chances are, if the game itself has it pre-determined

but it definitely isn't like, 1% for me, you, and everybody else regardless of all the variables we *can* control - which if it were, then yes, it would be considered "luck"

--

im not trying to start an angry debate, and i admit upfront that i could very well be wrong about my maths, but i'm pretty sure i'm not. but if i am, i am more than willing to engage and accept a rebuttal/correction as long as you do it constructively and with some sort of facts or theories and not just 'your wrong, its luck' or other insults which i see are often thrown around on this forum :(

i mean no disrespect and i apologize if i come across critically but i'm honestly not trying to be like that i just get frustrated when peoples theories are shot down by people who don't back up their alternate claims, and/or do it rudely or just do be argumentative :(

shahed12
08-22-12, 05:02 PM
cheers dude for the post ive been trying for ages so many combos and saw ur post got my diamond at lvl 41 with mist and wild, first go lucky me i guess

and btw i got my wild dragon at lvl 39

ps also i need a few neighbours so i can get mystic maps so add me id meelon (as in the fruit) :)
Added u

laurie20
08-22-12, 09:10 PM
Charm level 10 and Atlantis level 7 I think I am getting a diamond will let u know once it finishes the 20 hours of breeding then have to hatch it

brittanafan
08-22-12, 10:05 PM
Charm level 10 and Atlantis level 7 I think I am getting a diamond will let u know once it finishes the 20 hours of breeding then have to hatch it

20 hours is either an island or a magic

if it were a diamond, it would say 2 days, and 44 gold at the start to expedite it (so it's 44 hours to breed, then another 44 to hatch)

killbethy
08-22-12, 10:52 PM
You can get a diamond from any combination of dragons so long as they contain red/fire, blue/water, yellow/air, and green/plant.... in other words, the two dragons must both be hybrids and contain 4 distinct colors between them (except for purple).

Doing Firestorm x Island or Mist x Life are both popular because they are all common dragons, which means you are losing the least amount of money while breeding (since you do not get coins for dragons while they are breeding). ^_^

Right now I've started to fool around with Diamond x Infinity to see what happens... but given the big wtf?! I got on my first attempt (the result was a plain WATER DRAGON!!), I'm a bit discouraged. If there is any logic in breeding two ultra rare dragons consisting of the exact same element (Diamond), I don't see it. If we reverse that logic, we should get Diamonds by breeding two of the same color dragons together lol ^^ If only... /sigh

Shylore
08-23-12, 12:07 AM
Took me weeks to get a Mistmoth doing the same things everyday. Then I moved to Parakeet still have not gotten it. I broke from that quest to work on Scorpion because of the quest, sme thing as has been my previous (luck as they say) never got it, and quest past me by since they decided to make a super rare and a timed quest, gee thanks. So I tried multiple combos still no scorpion. So now I guess I'll go back to trying for the Parakeet and maybe break the monotony by attempting the scorpions every few days. I'm beginning to get tired of the game since its becoming a chore with very few rewards for my efforts.

130986ale86
08-23-12, 01:47 AM
I cannot catch diamond dragon until now.so sad

legend2001
08-23-12, 02:37 AM
my diamond dragon is from parakeet lv10 and athletic lv 10

crystalrayn3
08-25-12, 04:28 PM
I broke down, said *twist* it and bought my diamond. Got tired of failure

shahed12
08-26-12, 04:19 PM
Took me weeks to get a Mistmoth doing the same things everyday. Then I moved to Parakeet still have not gotten it. I broke from that quest to work on Scorpion because of the quest, sme thing as has been my previous (luck as they say) never got it, and quest past me by since they decided to make a super rare and a timed quest, gee thanks. So I tried multiple combos still no scorpion. So now I guess I'll go back to trying for the Parakeet and maybe break the monotony by attempting the scorpions every few days. I'm beginning to get tired of the game since its becoming a chore with very few rewards for my efforts.
I got a parakeets on random I just did mindvolt and pure green (they were my highest levels) both level 10 and it took me I got a parakeet and in counting it took me 59 tries in my other account to get a scorpian I used up a lot of gold I got it in a week

lekiiM
08-28-12, 09:40 AM
Just got my diamond whit a firestorm 9 and a island 8!

marker987
08-28-12, 08:18 PM
I have been trying to get a eagle dragon but i only get honey bee dragons I've tried twice
:confused:

divaxchange
08-28-12, 09:44 PM
I finally got a Diamond on the nest after one million tries LOL. Level 10 Eagle and Serpent. Yippee!

northsweets
08-29-12, 02:34 PM
The levels only matter to you. Its what levels works for you, the levels might be different for someone else. Everyone has to figure out what levels are best for themselves. People have told me in the past try this level or that and it nevers works out after 20 tries so little by little I leveled them up until I get what I want at the time and I found out level 8 and 7 works best for me. Atleast that is my theory.

130986ale86
08-30-12, 06:25 PM
keep try it..44th not yet diamond. fithing

lovedrunkedheart
09-03-12, 10:25 AM
Hi I just got a diamond dragon it's breeding now, add me at lovedrunkedheart because it's a new combination!

gertbigone
09-03-12, 11:08 AM
Have my second diamond on the way, I used parakeet level 10 and mistmoth level 7. It was only the second time i'd tried to breed them!!! Wasn't actually trying for a diamond, I was just messing around lol.

sweetstuff525
09-03-12, 11:20 AM
Hi I just got a diamond dragon it's breeding now, add me at lovedrunkedheart because it's a new combination!

Scorpion and island

Spiceshirl
11-19-12, 02:36 AM
I got mine on the first try with Firestorm and Wizard epic level also got the Infinity on first try yesterday with Wizard and fairy and really trilled look me up storm8 spiceshirl

theclumsypotato
11-19-12, 10:34 AM
I just got one too! Life (6) and Luck (9)

suzysuzy34
11-19-12, 01:01 PM
Once you have chosen your pair for trying for a diamond, does it matter if you take a break and try for something else. Or should you try continuously.

Takiofallen
11-19-12, 02:01 PM
i would not take a break i bred 2 weeks straight until i bred my diamond
Once you have chosen your pair for trying for a diamond, does it matter if you take a break and try for something else. Or should you try continuously.

suzysuzy34
11-19-12, 02:10 PM
Thank you

suzysuzy34
11-21-12, 06:23 AM
I'm having a go for a diamond with turkey and charm, someone said something about them being hybrids, am I wasting my time? They do have all the required elements.

totaltechno
11-21-12, 06:37 AM
IMO, ignore the superstition about Magic when trying to breed Diamond. People have bred Diamonds with Magic hybrids.

suzysuzy34
11-21-12, 07:07 AM
Thanks so I should keep to this pair then? If it was you would you stick to the pair you have chosen.

theclumsypotato
11-21-12, 08:25 AM
IMO, ignore the superstition about Magic when trying to breed Diamond. People have bred Diamonds with Magic hybrids.

Agreed! I got it with magic, after all. I think people might just avoid magic because the times are longer, actually.

suzysuzy34
11-21-12, 08:36 AM
Thank you. I just needed someone to say I was doing it right,lol, after all the breeding calculator does say there is a chance on getting a diamond. Which pair did you use?

theclumsypotato
11-21-12, 08:41 AM
I used life and luck. :) Good luck!

Invinzible
01-29-13, 10:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share how I FINALLY got my diamond dragon yesterday. I tried all the red/yellow/blue/green combinations and had pretty much gave up and focused on breeding pink hybrid dragons (only ever managed to get the Justice dragon the first time I ever bred my Virtue (the pink always splits to red and white). Anyway I somehow managed to get the Diamond dragon from a Virtue x Aurora cross. Hopefully other people will get some luck from this cross as well :)

pufful8
04-07-13, 11:56 PM
I think the breeding thingy has something to do with the way you put the dragons in the breeding den😊

MazReptile
04-08-13, 01:09 AM
I got my diamond a few months ago with epic genie and epic winter (in that order) on 8th try. But tried recently for another one but after 10 tries I still didn't get a second diamond. So I think that combo only works once :/

kurebiz
04-08-13, 01:42 AM
I got my diamond a few months ago with epic genie and epic winter (in that order) on 8th try. But tried recently for another one but after 10 tries I still didn't get a second diamond. So I think that combo only works once :/

10 tries is quite little for an ultra-rare.. that said, i suppose if you're meant to get another, you'll get it no matter what.

hahadrago1998
04-08-13, 04:06 AM

Do not be ignorant. They are working. But think if how many possible dragons you can get from that combo. There a too many fire, air, water, and forest hybrids. How many light hybrids or magic hybrids are they compared the the ones previously listed? Not as much, therefore there is a higher chance of diamond.

bnd8823
04-08-13, 04:27 AM
Mine charm and serpent

darkrandy
04-08-13, 04:43 AM
Genie And winter......

cheryllemon
04-08-13, 05:27 AM
I got my diamond from Mistmoth and fairy.

cheryllemon
04-08-13, 05:30 AM
I got my diamond from Mistmoth and fairy.
I meant Mismoth and parakeet

kooky panda
04-08-13, 06:24 AM
This is an older Diamond thread, please continue your discussions on the current Diamond thread. (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41338-Diamond-Dragon-Part-II&p=514033&viewfull=1#post514033)