PDA

View Full Version : perhaps the 'grandparents' are important in trying for diamond...

brittanafan
08-18-12, 09:46 PM
I printed out my 100+ breeding outcomes spreadsheets and was going over them with a friend and the first thing they asked was if I had any 'family tree' type graphics that showed the parents/grandparents/great grandparents of all the dragons...

at first I thought it was a stupid request but the longer I thought about it, I think my friend might have been on to something...

Think about it, people say that Island/Firestorm get them Diamonds, but this isn't true for everyone.. and it's also true that people that are able to breed diamond(super/ultra rares) once can usually breed them subsequent times, which leads me to believe that while it's definitely not random, it has more to do with their SPECIFIC parents/geneologies than just the dragon TYPES they used

like, say I bred a forest and water and got an island, and a fire and air and got a firestorm, and then bred the island and firestorm together and got a diamond

that would be different than someone who bred an atlantis and water and got an island, and an eagle and air and got a firestorm, and then bred the island and firestorm together and got a diamond

Here's a quick graphic I just did quickly to help show what I'm talking about...

http://i50.tinypic.com/1oujbc.jpg

but if you look at the top example, there are 3 green, 3 blue, 3 red and 3 yellow "genes" in the "pool" of parents/grandparents...

in the second example, there are 2 green, 4 blue, 2 yellow and 4 red "genes" in the "pool"

which could be why some individuals who breed island/firestorm have a higher chance of getting diamond than others... even though they are both using island/firestorm

Obviously it could go back even farther than that, if there's another generation added before the island/firestorm pairing... but I just used the two since you have to breed at least once to get an island and a firestorm, as they aren't basic elementals

I would be interested to know if people who have diamonds kept a record of what they had bred to get the dragons that they bred to get the diamonds...

Does this make sense though?

I can try to explain more if it doesn't...

brittanafan
08-18-12, 09:49 PM
^^guh, 2 red and 4 yellow in the second example.... i said it backwards. :(

rusticjess
08-18-12, 09:50 PM
Yes you make sense, but I feel that this is getting a bit particular. To me, random means random. Not, some secret hidden breeding route by grandparents. But thats just me

Zetra
08-18-12, 09:51 PM
If I get my Mindvolt in a 4 gene breeding,while My life Dragon only breed by two pure genes,do this improve my chance?

brittanafan
08-18-12, 10:11 PM
Yes you make sense, but I feel that this is getting a bit particular. To me, random means random. Not, some secret hidden breeding route by grandparents. But thats just me

I would agree with you except that I have been able to breed 3 mistmoths whereas other people haven't been able to get one... And I can't for the life of me get a serpent or scorpion, while others have plenty...

I don't think that the game itself is locked where my island can only breed this dragon or that dragon... that would be too complicated code wise

it makes more sense for a developer to create a game where there's a set formula to breeding certain dragons, and to make it more complicated and less easy to "chart out", it involves going back two or more generations with the parents/grandparents

Like, if it were simply one gene from each parent, 75% of the time you get common, 25% rare/super rare, then everyone would know easily how to breed each dragon

but if it's one gene from 2 of 4 different GRANDparents, then it's harder..

because we already know that its possible to breed an island and firestorm and get a firestorm, which should make no sense since there's no yellow/red in one of the parents... but maybe the parent to that island has a red/yellow in it, and that's where it's coming from?

I'd still love to see some peoples charts of the dragons they bred in order to get diamonds

I think when I get some more gold i'm going to make sure I have an island that i bred strictly from blue/green, and firestorm from red/yellow, and try that... right now i think my firestorm im using is from a firestorm/firestorm combo

brittanafan
08-18-12, 10:12 PM
also, random implies equal probability for every dragon to occur, which we already know is not true. the game can't be "partially random"... so to be truly random, a diamond would need to be as frequent as an island...

brittanafan
08-18-12, 10:16 PM
Actually I just checked, and the four main dragons that I have been trying to breed diamonds for are:

Firestorm - bred from life/air (so would have r/g/y/y genes)
Island - bred from water/fairy (b/b/g/y)

Atlantis - bred from water/forest (b/b/g/g)
Eagle - bred from firestorm/island (r/y/b/g)

So I have never actually attempted a r/r/y/y/b/b/g/g attempt at a diamond

I need to buy more gold and test this out

Gah

riitzc
08-18-12, 10:17 PM
My Lv10 Firestorm has actually proven to be unlucky. Someone reported that they changed the dragon the bred with but it was the same type and it increased their luck. Maybe because of grandparents. I'll be swapping mine out and giving it a go. I noticed my first Fire is luckier than the others but it has no parents...persay.

felicitybliss
08-18-12, 11:02 PM
also, random implies equal probability for every dragon to occur, which we already know is not true. the game can't be "partially random"... so to be truly random, a diamond would need to be as frequent as an island...

You are very correct when you are referring to a true random sampling. Computers cannot do true random sampling as they are programmed by people :). Programmers use a variety of different approaches to attempt to mimic true random sampling. I think your ideas are very interesting but i have doubts whether the memory space needed to keep all these unique packets of data is available, among other issues. Maybe the computer gurus can comment :).

Personally, I think TL uses a pseudo Random number generator. Example: diamond is 1% chance. It is #47 on the TL created algorithm. If you are the 47 person to try, then you are the lucky recipient of the dragon. :).

maguar
08-18-12, 11:33 PM
I had a neighbour who worked on this theory awhile ago. The biggest issue was that it didn't take into account the fact that the genes can come from just one parent. I've bred magic and fruitiful and gotten a fruitful.

Regarding some people getting heaps of one type of rare and none of another, my theory is when you start a new game you get a personal luck quotient for each type. This quotient will be within a band based on the rarity of the dragon. When you breed two dragons it looks at all the possible combos, fills like a table with one entry per point int the quotient and then randomly selects from the list. I think this is why it takes a little bit before the breed time appears.

Zetra
08-19-12, 01:04 AM
Personally, I think TL uses a pseudo Random number generator. Example: diamond is 1% chance. It is #47 on the TL created algorithm. If you are the 47 person to try, then you are the lucky recipient of the dragon. :).
Aprently Not,it's means every times you tries,it stays same percentage chance,that's stay almost sames for any luck factor games.

panda_queen
08-19-12, 03:46 AM
Don't over-estimate TL, they won't apply such complex logic.......

felicitybliss
08-19-12, 08:35 AM
Aprently Not,it's means every times you tries,it stays same percentage chance,that's stay almost sames for any luck factor games.

Pseudo random number generators are based on an algorithm created by a person. The percentage chance does not have to stay the same as the algorithm is manipulated to produce whatever the creator/writer desires as a result.

brittanafan
08-19-12, 01:46 PM
yeah but even a pseudo random number generator wouldn't explain why those that get one dragon, are often able to breed a second/third/so on... if it was honestly just luck of the time of day they chose to put two dragons into the breeding den, then either they are always breeding at the exact same time of day (at which point they'd probably realize this and post about it) or they'd only have one diamond dragon (and I'd have one too cause i'm pretty sure I've bred at every possible hour in my 120 someodd tries so far)

corksoaker
09-21-12, 09:21 AM
Firestorm and serpent worked for me, but not my friend

saintlover
09-21-12, 10:08 AM
I think you are making way more out of it... lol

Im pretty sure they just use a randomizer like a slot machine.

ma656prw
09-21-12, 10:22 AM
Lol... Nice theory but I already tried this with no luck... I'm at lvl 54 with all dragons except the new light and all diamonds. Diamond is nothing more than luck...

tonguelashing
09-21-12, 10:55 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if any android users have a diamond dragon...I think we're getting shafted there too :-(

dragonolic
09-21-12, 12:09 PM
Computers are capable of running very complicated equations in very short time. It's possible to have weighted random number generators - the diamonds are given very low weight, and on up until commons have the most and return the most often.
http://www.roguewave.com/portals/0/products/stingray/docs/11/html/otug/16-6.html