PDA

View Full Version : does android version of DS(not kindlefire version) have goals? or only ios?

brittanafan
08-17-12, 03:49 PM
I was just able to get monster story on my kindle fire by sideloading it off my android phone, and when i opened it i noticed that it has goals!

is this something that dragon story has as well on the android version? but not for the amazon kindle fire android version? because i'd uninstall the one i have now and try and reinstall it the same way i did for monster story, if it meant i'd now have goals like everyone else :)

also, if i did do that, would i lose my game/progress/gold?

greygull
08-17-12, 03:58 PM
Yes, DS for Android has goals. I think TL is working on bringing them to Kindle as well, though I have no timeline at all, or even definite knowledge that they will be released.

I'm not sure about side loading, so I can't answer anything about it.

brittanafan
08-17-12, 05:18 PM
Yes, DS for Android has goals. I think TL is working on bringing them to Kindle as well, though I have no timeline at all, or even definite knowledge that they will be released.

I'm not sure about side loading, so I can't answer anything about it.

Hmm, well thank you for letting me know there are goals. As for side loading, its basically just copying the file from my android phone to my kindle as opposed to downloading it directly from the amazon app store... I think it's the same as if i uninstalled the app from my kindle and reinstalled it from redownloading it from the app store, which supposedly isn't going to erase my game/gold/progress

but of course im terrified to test this theory out incase it *does* wipe everything o.x

must do some searching around i guess

greygull
08-17-12, 05:30 PM
Yes, when it comes to things like that, there's no telling what the outcome will be. I know that people have jail broken their iOS devices - some have no problems, others can't even play the game. Same with rooting an Android device.

brittanafan
08-17-12, 05:40 PM
Yes, when it comes to things like that, there's no telling what the outcome will be. I know that people have jail broken their iOS devices - some have no problems, others can't even play the game. Same with rooting an Android device.

yeah, i looked briefly into rooting my kindle but then saw how complicated that was and was like, no... lol. sideloading isn't doing anything to the kindle itself, apparently. it's just downloading the game via an android phone and transfering it to the device via usb/computer. I wouldn't have done it if i'd read it could mess up my kindle (well installing programs that aren't licensed could, but i was only doing it with monster story so im pretty sure im gonna be ok lol)

now i just gotta figure out if its worth trying to do it with dragon story.

but again, if i were to delete the game from my device and reinstall it, my progress/gold is saved since i have an actual account, right? cause i know ppl have to reinstall their game when they have errors, or when they get a new device completely.

would i be able to transfer it if i emailed support saying i wanted to transfer it to my 'non kindle android' device, then i sideloaded it onto the kindle, and reinstalled?

wondering if it's realy worth it for a bunch of goals i probably couldn't even get credit for since im probably way past most of them at this point. hmmmm

brittanafan
08-17-12, 10:05 PM
on second thought - i just went to try and purchase gold in monster story, and it wouldn't let me :/ I guess that's the draw back to sideloading things!

Guess I won't be doing that with DS then!