PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have varied feeding amounts?

ReznorRenee
08-17-12, 02:18 PM
I got my first rare dragon, Inferoo, and after evolving it to a level 8 it now takes 1,300 apples to feed it! My Palmwing, also level 8, only requires 750 to feed. Is this a glitch, or do rare dragons take more apples to level up?

ButterPanda
08-17-12, 02:40 PM
Not all monsters will have the same feeding amounts. This is normal. Also not all players will see the same feeding amounts for the same monster.

TimeForACuppaTea
08-17-12, 03:02 PM
I've been trying to level up my Blue Blob for the goal so I could get the $1700 reward. But at this point I have little doubt that I've spent more than $1700 on food to feed to the stupid blob. Not to mention my time. So if this is a taste of how much food is going to be required I can already foresee that none of my monsters will reach level 10. This is just too much food.

ReznorRenee
08-17-12, 03:04 PM
Thank you both for your replies, I'm glad it isn't just me.

sweetstuff525
08-17-12, 03:31 PM
So far I only have 3 level 10 monsters they take too much food.....my plan is to get one epic of every type

ReznorRenee
08-17-12, 06:26 PM
i agree it is hard...it seems my only chance with epics is to have large farms so im
saving up for those!

riitzc
08-17-12, 06:28 PM
I'm stuck between buying food, expansions, or habitats...

Has anyone recorded the Epics hourly coin output yet? Sea Buffalo seems to be my current high coin bringer but he's always breeding.

brohim
08-17-12, 07:59 PM
Also not all players will see the same feeding amounts for the same monster.

Does this also mean that the chance of getting certain monsters is based on your game account. I'm on my 30th try for shell lizard, is it impossible for me to get it because you set certain monsters on certain accounts? I'm also up too my 110th try for diamond on Dragon Story, seriously whats the go.

killbethy
08-17-12, 09:01 PM
So it's absolutely random? Should the average amount overall for feeding be similar to other players with roughly the same amount and types of monsters as another or is it completely luck of the draw?

If it's just luck, then we can start a manhunt for the lucky sucker who happened to get low feeding amounts for all his/her monsters, winner is the first person to break said lucky one's iphone/ipad o_O ... a few thousand gold as a prize would be nice too! hehe :P

[disclaimer: please don't ban my account, it's just kidding o_O ... unless we are talking over 5 figures in gold here as a prize, then it just might be serious :) ]

riitzc
08-17-12, 09:06 PM
Its probably the more money the monster gives, the more food you need.

anketam
08-18-12, 05:35 AM
i agree it is hard...it seems my only chance with epics is to have large farms so im
saving up for those!Large farms will waste even more of your money, so keep to the small farms.

Also if you are low level dont invest beyond lvl 6 in your monsters. The return on investment gets really low after that.

As for the random number generator... if it is anything like the random number generator used in Farm Story for the collectibles then yes their is going to be a lot of feast and famine (I have 140 of one item and none of another atm). Someone will get extremely lucky and another will be extremely unlucky. I got my white shell on my first try but no rares since then. They really should consider using a normalized random number generator to remove the extreme (un)lucky cases.

ReznorRenee
08-18-12, 11:35 PM
I disagree that large farms are a total waste, because they're very efficient to use while I'm sleeping or away from the game for long periods of time. I am aware that the small crops are a better deal though

riitzc
08-19-12, 03:49 PM
Spineapples 5 coins per fruit
Bizartichokes 6 coins per fruit
Gloranges 13 coins per fruit
Tikiwis 14 coins per fruit
Badananas 16 coins per fruit
Werewheat 23 coins per fruit

Large farms are a waste until you have extra coins.

Zamoraksblood
08-19-12, 04:10 PM
My baby monsters have required 1-3 food then 4-8 then 8-16