PDA

View Full Version : Daily Gross Profit

chewytwix
08-13-12, 06:43 PM
Hi,

I'm curious to see how much people make per day. I'm eyeing the eiffel tower but I make 60k per day so it's going to take awhile. How much do you make?

kieranyeow
08-14-12, 09:36 AM
Maybe Just 30k~
Feel Free To @dd NB~

benbever
08-17-12, 06:50 AM
About 3000 an hour.
20 clicks divided between building stuff, clicking on homes and on 1 or 2 shops.

chewytwix
08-17-12, 03:42 PM
I think TL saw my comment and decided to halve the business profits....

sinc823
08-18-12, 06:36 PM
I think TL saw my comment and decided to halve the business profits....

Lol I laughed at your comment!
So you earn 60000 before the update?
Cause when I read it I thought that was way more than my 30000 per day and I was going to take a peek of your city!

chewytwix
08-19-12, 05:11 PM
well I wouldn't add me anymore cause I don't play, but if you want to take a peak of my game, thats okay too. My objective was similar to Kooky's:

1. collect goods
2. collect from businesses
3. collect from homes

(in order of priority)

but for category 4, I would use my energy to collect goods from the 3 min option (maybe around 6 times in an hour). Certain residences and businesses I NEVER collect from (cause it was a waste). The best businesses were lux car deal, department store and skyview restaurant.

I figured it would take less than 10 days to get the cheapest wonder without trying too hard (playing once an hour max for 12 hrs). I had all the formulas calculated and considered throwing in an excel to share. Since they changed the business profits though, I quit cause I can't imagine saving for 3 weeks for the cheapest wonder without building ... anyway, good luck to you!

benbever
08-20-12, 06:18 AM
I prioritize collecting goods from industry and collecting fro high yielding (>200) homes, then businesses (sometimes they can wait because goods are limited anyway) and community building (they can give energy back) , then the rest of the homes, in order of profit.

The best (non-gem) business is the Skyview restaurant; it gives the most money (except for the Cineplex) and with 3.21 it has the highest money-to-goods ratio of all non-gem businesses except for the useless coffee shop, and it takes only 1 space.
The lux car deal is actually one of the worst shops of the shops worth clicking (Greek restaurant and up.) It has the lowest money-to-goods ratio at 3.08 and takes up 4 spaces. Compare with the Cineplex which gives 70 more money for 20 more goods, and is a much better deal per click. And compare with the Gas station. The Gas station gives 10 more money per click, but only takes up 1 space instead of 4.
Likewise, the hardware store (3.2 money-to-goods ratio) is a beter deal than the department store (3.1 money-to-goods ratio.) The department store is also one of the worst. I have one out but just for looks and almost never supply it. If I have goods then I'll supply the gas station and up (I don't have a lux car dealer) and if I have spare goods then I'll supply the hardware store. I have a Cineplex and one Skyview restaurant. It makes sense to build another Skyview Restaurant, but I don't like how my city looks with two of those.
Easily the best shop is the Corporate tower with 3.64 money-to-goods ratio. It gives a solid 400 per click. I only have one bought with gems from installing other games.
The worst shop is the barber; it has the lowest money-to-goods ratio at 2.67. But all shops under Greek Restaurant are not worth clicking. Except in the beginning of the game, taco and sushi are great then.

I calculated my profit in 4 hours. (This means clicking 20 building every hour or so.)
These calculations are with the now crippled idea factories and the normal (not the double profit) shops.
In 4 hours the factories and business can do a full cycle. (You can do 2 2 hour or 1 4 hour greenhouse run or 1 4 hour industrial run.)
You get 80 clicks in 4 hours. 6 go into industry so that leaves 74 clicks.
About 8 or 9 go into the most efficient businesses which take 1, 3 or 4 hours.
Half of the community buildings can be clicked in 4 hours (I use opera houses and windmills) and they give +2 energy back 20% or 25% of the time.
Some of the glass towers and mansions can be clicked (I'll spare the calculations) and all of the fancy apartments can be clicked.
The rest of the clicks are spend on condo highrises and victorian houses, which give 90, and in my city there are always some ready to collect from.
This gives me a bit over 10,000 money earned in 4 hours. Rounded down that's 10,000 in 4 hours and 30,000 in 12 hours (a day)
Theoretically I could make over 60,000 in 1 day, but because of work, eating and sleeping that's not possible.
In practice I notice I get a bit over 30,000 a day, and I can do one expansion (35,000) or build two glass towers with that.

With 30,000 a day it takes a little under a month to save up for the cheapest wonder (900,000), however I'd rather expand and build my city. I'll save for those wonders later :)
If I really wanted a wonder quickly I would just buy one with real money; €31.98 for the Statue of Liberty, and €55.98 for the money for the Chrysler Building.

chewytwix
08-20-12, 09:39 AM
With my method, I never ran out of goods, therefore, I never calculated coins to goods ratio cause I always had two greenhouses that I would collect from six times every hour. The skyview is the BEST hands down, but I had already built a lux car dealership and didnt feel like storing it. I considered building 4 skyview restaurants since the profit ratio was great and the 1x1 space allowed me to maximize coins without having to expand.

BUT, TL changed the numbers and I've already changed my strategy several times so it wasn't worth it anymore to play....plus I have 5 other games running at the same time

chewytwix
08-20-12, 09:48 AM
The amount I collected was based off of playing for 12 hrs a day. I would have collected a little over 90k with 8 hrs of sleep (with no tipping)....I would have had my first wonder by this week.

benbever
08-20-12, 11:06 AM
The Greenhouse gives 40 goods for 20 coins and an energy click in 3 minutes. With a 3.2 ratio in businesses you can turn the 40 goods into 128 coins at a cost of about a third of an energy (140/40.) 128 coins divided by 1.3 energy clicks is about 98 coins per click with that strategy.
98 coins is hardly more than 90 coins from highrise condos, and less than profit from better homes.
98 coins times 20 clicks (one hour) is 1960 coins. that's 7840 in 4 hours and 23520 in 12 hours.
Definitely not worth the trouble of clicking every 3 minutes instead of every hour.

Before the last update, stores gave out double profit for the same goods in half the time, for some people, including me.
The goods-profit ratio was 6,43 for the Skyview. And 7,27 for the Corporate. And Skyview took only half an hour.

My Greenhouse gave out 20 goods for 20 coins in 3 minutes.
With the 3 minute greenhouse tactic that would give 99 coins per click, or 1978 per hour and 7914 in 4 hours and 23742 in 12 hours -not worth it.

My girlfriend had industry that gave double goods. Greenhouse gave 40 in 3 minutes. The idea factory even gave 520 goods in 2 hours(!)
however she never got the double profit-half time shops, just the regular shops all the time.

If you had double giving industry (40 in 3 minutes greenhouses) and double giving shops then you could turn the 40 goods into 257.2 coins.
That's 198 coins per click, 3957 coins in 1 hour, 15828 coins in 4 hours and 47483 coins in one day.
I don't know if some people had double goods giving non-crippled industry and double profit half time stores, but if they did, then 50,000 or 60,000 in 12 hours was possible.

Tipping gives +20% but only a handful of people visit my city and they always click the wrong buildings :)
I have 8 other games running.. but some of them only require a daily click session :)

chewytwix
08-20-12, 01:28 PM
i had 40 goods for 3 min, double business profits...*sigh*

we clearly thought a lot about this haha.

benbever
08-20-12, 04:58 PM
Well for me that's the fun part of this game.
Other games are already just clicking things, like pet and zoo story is just collecting money from animals once or twice a day. And dragon story is just gambling: breed 2 dragons, oh it's a common, wait 20 hours, breed again etc. there isn't much more to do.

Since businesses are limited by goods, goods are limited by industry, and industry is limited to six, the money-increase has to come from community or homes. The glass tower (210) and Beverly mansion (230) are better per click than the fancy condos (120), windmills (110) and opera house (140.)
Per 8 hours they give glass tower: 105, mansion: 76,67, condos: 240, windmills 110 and opera house (104.)
but in the end only the energy clicks will count, since those are limited to 20/hour. (unless they change that, I hope they will, I hate the floating coin icons.)
I am currently building as many glass towers as possible, those have high income per click, and give more per hour than the mansion, and only take 1 space instead of 4.
with 200 to 250 glass towers you can always click on towers and get at least 210 for every click, instead of the 90 that condo highrises give.
I calculated with every 1 hour 20 clicks that you could make over 17000 in 4 hours, and easily over 50000 in 12 hours. Then 900,000 would take only 18 days to save up. Of course 200 glass towers would cost 3,140,000 (more than the Eiffel tower) and that's excluding the cost in energy to build the towers, the cost of expansion, roads and community buildings needed. but it's still a nice goal.

chewytwix
08-20-12, 07:50 PM
haha yeah, I considered that too...but I wanted my city to actually look like a city instead of land of the glass towers.

i really liked the game cause you can't really calculate based on profit per hour because you have to consider energy consumption as well. I don't know the new numbers, but sometimes the 4 hr wait ones are better b/c you don't use up as much energy. the complexity is great

benbever
08-21-12, 06:09 AM
haha, because glass towers are so expensive, I only have 12 of them, and my city still looks like a city.

I like the complexity, but I'd rather not have the energy click limit, and just be limited by expansion (building space) and money, and be able to click everything.
The main disadvantage of the energy system is that almost all buildings except a few are useless, and will just be sitting with a floating coin icon hanging above them.

bopang
08-21-12, 06:51 AM
benbever, your work is amazing amazing amazing !!!

And at the same time, I think for frequently clicked users (such as me in leisure time), the major problem they experienced is energy limit, so priority is given to maximum single-click outcome rather than the real ratio. 10 goods for 40 money got a high ratio, but considering the precious energy units, I'd rather click something else maybe less than 1:3 instead of 1:4 merely b/c a single click produce 300+ money.

Since I just reach lv.15 with 500 population, i guess maybe the profile changes as higher level players? Then sorry for that =D

benbever
08-21-12, 04:28 PM
Indeed, maximum net profit per energy click is the most important attribute for a business.
After that it's goods to money ratio.
But there are other important aspects too: size (1 square is better than 4 squares), collecting time (shorter is better), and purchase price.
And there are unimportant aspects, like looks :)

The only businesses worth it are the ones that give 400 or more per click:
-The Corporate building gives 400 and has the highest goods to money ratio (3.64), but takes 4 spaces and costs gems.
-The Skyview restaurant gives 450 and has the second highest goods to money ratio (3.21) but is the most expensive to purchase.
-The Cineplex gives the most at 470 per energy click, but has a lower goods to money ration (3.13) and takes 4 spaces.
-The Luxury car dealer gives 400 but has a bad goods to money ration (3.08) and takes 4 spaces.
-The Gas station gives 410 and is decent all around (3.15) and is the cheapest to purchase and available at lower level.

Then there are 4 shops that give 250 to 310 money; greek restaurant, ice cream, hardware and department. These are worth clicking if you don't have enough of the more expensive businesses. Hardware is easily the best, but department and ice cream have a shorter collecting time.

The other shops are only worth clicking when you begin the games, later on they are just for show or end up in storage.
They give 40 to 150 money (30 to 100 net profit.) Taco, sushi and movie are the best of these. The barber gives 80 but takes 30 goods, and the coffee shop has a great ratio, but gives only 40 per click, these are the two worst businesses in the game.

sohocity
08-22-12, 10:31 PM
I don't know if any of you have problem in good supply. With the latest change to shorten the collection time by 75%, I can never have enough good to keep up with the needs of the business. It takes two hours for one factory to produce 100 to 120 goods. And the max no if factories is six at level 30. But on the demand side, there are seven businesses (office tower, cineplex, luxury car, gas station, department store, sky view restaurant, hardware store) that consume 100 + goods in less than one hour. Not to mention the smaller business like ice cream shop, Greek restaurant that take close to 100 goods in less than 1 hour. I really hate to see the floating coins / suplly goods sign masking the building. I think TL should devise a system that let the players maintain a good equilibrium between the demand and supply in the city, I.e. they should either increase the output per factory or increase the waiting time for the business. They should also increase the max energy level for the higher level players. If they don't make these changes, there is no way to grow the city.

benbever
08-23-12, 03:46 AM
you can grow the city with patience or with money ;)

Yeah, these changes are weird. I made and make 1080 goods in 4 hours, and that was enough to supply the corporate tower, skyview restaurant and cineplex, and sometimes the gas station and hardware store. Now it's just enough to supply the Skyview restaurant.
I don't have any problems since the skyview restaurant is the best anyway. all the other shops can go back in storage.
I suggest you use a skyview restaurant and one more good business, like the gas station or the corporate tower (gems.)

I guess my citizens just need to get adjusted to eating at home or in the skyview restaurant.
No more sushi, taco, greek food or ice cream or them!
I don't want to look at floating box icons!

sohocity
08-23-12, 11:08 AM
Yes, may be I should put all the other businesses into storage as I really hate the floating coins. But what is the point of designing all the cute business building for us but not letting us to supply them. For me, the fun of the game is building a city with alll the pretty buildings for the enjoyment of the residents. I am in no hurry to make a lot of money within a short time. I don't mind spending gems buying the buildings that I like. But using gems on a daily basis to get goods for supplying the businesses is a long shot for most players. I think TL is getting too greedy in pushing us to use gems to buy goods and energy. This really take away the fun of the game.

Smalls2019
08-28-12, 10:14 AM
I have just come to the realization that I am going to have to deal with the ugly floating coins above my city and just hit edit mode when I want to enjoy the looks of it because 90% of the buildings in the game are great to look at but a complete waste of energy to click and the ones that are worth clicking all the time can't be stocked fully with the tools they give us.

I did want to note that you all keep talking about $$$ per click but that is not the only thing you need to take into consideration. Another is ROI. And the ROI on the mansion and glass tower are horrible. For instance, the mansion costs $13,300 and gives you back $230 per click every 24 hours. At that rate you need to click 58 times to get your initial investment of $13,300 back. That means that you have to wait almost 2 months for that building to turn a profit. The glass tower is not much better at 50 days.

LIke benbever said a few posts up, if you want to make money in this game you need to use either the skyview restaurant (which depending on your cost of goods the payback time is only 31 clicks - businesses have to be measured in clicks instead of actual days due to the short collection time frame and the issue with not being able to supply them with goods constantly), or the corporate tower which is instant profit since it costs gems. You can do a pretty good job of supplying 2 skyview restaurants using 5 idea factories (180 goods every 2 hours with the latest changes) and 1 non-crippled greenhouse (40 goods in 3 minutes). You have no hope of keeping them going 24/7 so your going to have to deal with some floating boxes on your restaurant at times.

Salasana3011
08-28-12, 12:18 PM
My "problem" is that I want to build a town that looks nice. I want to keep those basic apartments, I want to have areas that are not so fancy and then again areas that are more business, more posh, more green... Now it seems like I can't afford to have anything but buildings that serve more grand plan that just building a town that looks balanced and pretty :( you capitalists!

benbever
08-29-12, 07:35 AM
I did want to note that you all keep talking about $$$ per click but that is not the only thing you need to take into consideration. Another is ROI. And the ROI on the mansion and glass tower are horrible. For instance, the mansion costs $13,300 and gives you back $230 per click every 24 hours. At that rate you need to click 58 times to get your initial investment of $13,300 back. That means that you have to wait almost 2 months for that building to turn a profit. The glass tower is not much better at 50 days.

LIke benbever said a few posts up, if you want to make money in this game you need to use either the skyview restaurant (which depending on your cost of goods the payback time is only 31 clicks - businesses have to be measured in clicks instead of actual days due to the short collection time frame and the issue with not being able to supply them with goods constantly), or the corporate tower which is instant profit since it costs gems. You can do a pretty good job of supplying 2 skyview restaurants using 5 idea factories (180 goods every 2 hours with the latest changes) and 1 non-crippled greenhouse (40 goods in 3 minutes). You have no hope of keeping them going 24/7 so your going to have to deal with some floating boxes on your restaurant at times.

ROI only matters a bit at the beginning. Later on in the game you get a lot of income, and you can build stuff with that. If you build a condo highrise, then the ROI is very good (you can collect 90 every half hour and earn back the building in a few days.) If you build ten of them then the ROI is still good. But if you build 20 or 30 of them, then you can't click them because of energy limit. You get 10 energy clicks in 30 minutes, so you can click a max of 10 condo highrises with that. If you save up your clicks to the cap of 30, then you can click 30 condo highrises, never more. If you build your 55th condo highrise, then the practical ROI will be 0; you can never collect from it.
The glass tower is a long term investment, but by collecting from that you get 210 coins instead of 90. The net profit is 120 more coins. It will take longer than 2 months for the glass tower to earn itself back, but long-term it's better than the condo highrise (NB if you already have enough condo highrises.) You can either spend your money on expansions or on decoration, but the only thing that nets you extra profit (when industry-business is maxed and there are always condo highrises to click) are homes better than condo highrise.
The mansion is indeed pretty horrible, it takes up 4 squares instead of 1, and gives only 20 more coins in 1.5 times the time. It does look cool though.

With the industry giving out roughly double goods now, two skyviews is a good idea. I use 6 idea factories for 6x180 goods in 2 hours.
The 40 goods in 3 minutes greenhouse is still not worth it. You can turn the 40 goods into 128 money (3.21 skyview ratio.) Minus 20 that's 108 money. Divided by 1.29 (you click the greenhouse 7 times and the skyview 2 times) that's 83.7 money per click. The condo highrise gives 90 per click, and so does the victorian house.
If you use multiple corporate towers instead of skyview restaurant, then it's 146 money (3.46 corporate ratio) minus 20 (126) and divided by 1.36 then that's 92.4 money per click. Still not worth the trouble of clicking every 3 minutes instead of once or twice an hour.

benbever
08-29-12, 07:46 AM
With the updated industry, I can make double the amount of goods in the same time. That means in 4 hours profit from businesses is doubled. Since industry to business is the money machine in this game, the (around) 14 clicks lost on extra clicking on industry instead of homes doesn't matter much. Businesses now give around $7000 in 4 hours instead of around $3500. The 14 clicks lost on homes would have given 14x90=1260 money. That means over 2200 more profit in 4 hours.
I now make (with increased number of glass towers, fancy condos, operas and windmills in my city) around $13100 in 4 hours.
That's almost 40000 in 12 hours (daily.)

Smalls2019
08-30-12, 11:08 AM
I make right around $12,400 in 4 hours using my method of just businesses (and my community buildings for the chance at bonus energy) and adding in a 4-5 clicks per hour for the 40 goods option (I also have a donut shop that I bought early and feed every so often because of the ridiculous goods to profit ratio). It is about $700 less per 4 hours than yours but I did not have to invest all the up front money for the cool buildings.

So really what it boils down to is your goals. If your looking for long term gain (and short term good looks of your city) then the glass towers/windmills/etc. are the way to go. If your looking to save as much as you can for the short term then stick with the businesses.

Expansion will really **** your profits as well. My last 2 expansions had a lake and a cliff....that's 32 clicks just to clear. What a pain!!!

nmid
11-11-12, 05:55 PM
I checked my earnings over a regular 24 hour period.... Hit 65000, made 4 new glass buildings with 3k odd change.
What are the heavy hitters averaging??

benbever
11-12-12, 04:56 AM
My last two expansions both had a lake to clear.. ;)

I make about 34k to 66k a day, depending on how often I check in and don't let the energy go to waste.
I use the idea factories to feed the corporate towers and skyview restaurants (that's a bit over 200 per energy click.)
With the other energy I collect from the glass towers (I have 120 glass towers.)
If there's energy left over (usually only after 8 or more hours after start of day) I use that on the wind parcs. They give 110 but with a good chance for extra energy. I also click daily on the haunted castle, haunted liberty, opera, mansions etc but I don't have many of those.

threeway5
11-27-12, 07:21 PM
I can earn $100,000 per day on average. The other day (I played all day) I earned about $130,000.

As bebbever rightly pointed out, Corporate Towers are Boss. For newer players I cound the Bike Shops and Cinemas were the best value for money / enery.

I only collect when sparkling (as it all adds up) so spend a lot of time visiting / posting on other walls to get people visiting my City!

Speaking of which - feel free to add me: threeway5

threeway5
11-27-12, 07:24 PM
oh, and benbever also rightly pointed out, Department Stores have a terrible goods:money ratio. They are only in my City for sho ;)

benbever
11-28-12, 08:04 AM
Mine is also just for show :)

Visiting and wall posting is great, but it takes a lot of time. I can't do it every day.

threeway5
11-28-12, 02:56 PM
I should probably clarify that averaging $100,000 is only possible with purchased goods.

I max out my Idea Factories as much as I can, but my Corporate Towers suck up the goods so quickly (I currently have 12 of them) I usually purchase 3,500 goods 1 - 3 times per day for 20 Gems a hit.

If anyone ever makes an ingame purchase of Gems - only ever spend it on Goods! Exchanging Gems for Money or Energy is the biggest waste of Gems.

I am planning for the long term by investing in more Glass Towers (as they don't require any goods) and Community (as they can give Bonus energy).

benbever
11-29-12, 11:29 AM
3500 goods (20 gems) can turn into 12726 money with the corporate towers.
For 20 gems you can also buy 10000 money.
Turning goods into money also takes energy clicks. Turning 3500 goods into 12726 money with Corporate Towers uses 32 clicks.
Clicks are also worth money, since you can always use them to get 90 money out of a 30 minute Condo Highrise. 32 clicks is worth 32x90=2880.

So if you have no other buildings just Corporate Towers then buying goods is better.
But if you have 10 condo highrises then you can just buy 10000 money for 20 gems and use 32 clicks to get another 2880 money for a total of 12880. That's more than the 12726 money.

If you have Idea Factories as well and a lot of Glass Towers, then a click is worth 200 money. 32x200=6400. With 10000 at 20 gems that's 16400 for 32 clicks and 20 gems. More than buying goods and using Corporate Towers.

In short, buying money is better than buying goods unless you have almost no buildings. Buying energy is indeed a waste.
You're best off just buying awesome gem-only or expensive buildings though :)

Have a look at these gem shops:
Haunted Hotel 90goods->380 (220 gems)
Pizza Shop 100goods->430money (160 gems)
Pool Hall 120goods->440 (200 gems)
These are better (but also more expensive) than the Corporate Tower. Especially the Pizza Shop, with a ratio of 4.3.

A lot of Glass Towers is great, they give a solid 210 but can't be clicked very often.
Community buildings are better than they look. they only take 8 hours and can give energy back. The wind farm is the best (only one square) and the Opera and Aquarium are also great (they give 140 and 150.)
After testing I noticed that my wind farms give 2 energy back about 30% of the time. That means a wind farm is worth 2.5 times what it normal gives, or about 275 per click. That's even better than Glass Towers.

threeway5
11-29-12, 05:02 PM
I really enjoy reading your calculations benbever! You have quantified everything I consider in my head when playing the game.

Re: Money returned from Buildings vs. Purchased money from Gems. I only ever collect from buildings which are Sparkling, so you can add 20% to your figures above. (eg. 3500 goods can turn into 15271 money with the Corporate Towers). So my Corporate Towers return 5271 more money from purchased Goods rather than purchased Gems.

I also take your point on the Pizza Shop and Wind Farms (which I have definitely considered for my City). But the reason I don't use these Buildings is simple - Aesthetics.

Although I like to make money in the most efficient way possible with the goal of saving for Wonders, I only choose buildings which contribute to the overall look and feel of my City design. Therefore those other Gem shops and Wind Farms don't make the cut for me.

But still very useful advice for anyone else who may be reading this and want to gain the most efficiency gains possible out of their City!!

Charsville
11-30-12, 01:14 AM
I love Wind Farms and Glass Towers. You can hide Wind Farms behind Glass Towers totally out of view.

hotbeef
12-02-12, 07:48 PM
Dude, you take this game far to seriously

79MattG
12-09-12, 02:08 PM
My question is whether I am reaching a point where I should abandon Industry AND Business as they do not offer the best energy/coin ratio available based on my playing style.

I currently have 126 Glass Towers, 61 Wind Farms, 6 Idea Factories, 2 Skyview Restaurants, 1 Gas Station, and 1 Cineplex.

Glass Tower: 210 coins every 16 hours
Wind Farm: 110 coins every eight hours, 25ish% chance of +2 energy when collecting

So with 30 energy, I could collect 6600 coins from 30 Glass Towers. If the Wind Farm gives 2 bonus energy 25% of the time, with 30 energy I could collect 58 of them for 6380 coins, an average of 212 coins/energy.

Idea Factory: -120 coins = 180 goods every 2 hours OR -210 coins = 280 goods every 8 hours
Skyview Restaurant: -140 goods = 450 coins every 15 minutes
Cineplex: -150 goods = 470 coins every 35 minutes
Gas Station: -130 goods = 410 coins every 45 minutes

So if I spend 720 coins on six 2-hour contracts, it pays 1080 goods that costs me 6 energy to collect. With that I can supply the Skyview Restaurant (best coins/goods ratio) 7.71 times producing 3,471 coins that costs me 7.71 energy to collect. So a net profit of 2,751 coins for 13.71 energy, or 201 coins/energy. Worse than both the Wind Farm and the Glass Towers.

Here's my playing style: I work 8-9 hrs M-F, usually without a chance to play, though sometimes I can burn 30 energy on a break. I sleep 8-9 hrs daily, usually without a chance to play. So I can burn 30-40 energy before work, and 90-150 after work before bed, with a little catch up on some weekends. I've always collected before spending coins and energy on building, but I've found recently that M-F I never finish collecting and am simply amassing coins, and even on a slow weekend I can't spend the coins I've built up through the week.

For now I'm going to keep the industry and businesses because I'm afraid not using the energy on those might tip the scales so that I run out of collection and construction needs with leftover energy on the weekends. But am I nearing a point where I should sell off all my industry and businesses since the homes and community are a more efficient never ending stream of revenue? Or am I missing something?

ggggdave
12-13-12, 08:39 PM
94 glass towers, the haunted mansion, 39 community, 2 wonders = ~$30k per day.. All on a 4x3 city

elwood99
01-26-13, 11:29 PM
Just wondering what are your objectives of playing? Is it to earn the most money or to build the most beautiful city or get all the wonders?

Sometimes the payback period of building these glass tower are quite long. I gave up calculating all these a long time ago. I just build businesses with high ROI of goods and then rely on community buildings and housing to earn the rest. It is just a matter of time i will get those wonders.

Charsville
01-29-13, 12:50 AM
My objective is to have a big beautiful city with all the wonders. The more you earn the more you get. I love the glass tower. It's definitely worth the money. It makes my city beautiful and gives me a lot of coins. I have rows of small ugly community buildings hidden behind larger buildings. I think all large beautiful cities hide wind farms behind glass towers, corporate towers and wonders. I make around 100,000 a day depending on how much time I spend collecting energy. I have a lot of community buildings for extra energy. I have a dozen wind farms you can't see and a dozen soup kitchens hidden behind other buildings.

psykopod19
01-29-13, 05:06 AM
Just wondering what are your objectives of playing? Is it to earn the most money or to build the most beautiful city or get all the wonders?

Sometimes the payback period of building these glass tower are quite long. I gave up calculating all these a long time ago. I just build businesses with high ROI of goods and then rely on community buildings and housing to earn the rest. It is just a matter of time i will get those wonders.

Your objectives are your own. There is no right or wrong in this game. If you want lots of coins, you pack your city with the minimum of roads, lots of postal offices and glass towers. But to my taste, it doesn't make for a beautiful city. I you want to have a beautiful city, you need a road network that makes sense, you need decorations that compliment your buildings. You also need to plan the layout of your city. When my city was big enough, I stored everything I had and started building my city from scratch with distinct neighborhood (Downtown, Industrial, Residential, Beach, ...). Your city should reflect your personality :)