PDA

View Full Version : Going to give this game a shot........

lin77
08-13-12, 07:54 AM
Ok...so I just started playing DS....thought I would give it a try...I'm not new to story games as some of u may know but I have questions......

What is the gold for? Is it like gems? I'm confused because we can gift gold in this game but cant gift gems in any other story game.......?

And what is the fasted way to make money?

If u want a good nbr u can add me....PLZ bare w/ me as I'm trying to catch on! ;)

lin77
08-13-12, 09:02 AM
Ok..so I know what gold is for.....kinda a stupid question...but I take it u cant earn gold like we can earn gems? So the only way to get it is from nbrs or u buy it?

kooky panda
08-13-12, 09:29 AM
You can only gift three neighbors per day. You can receive up to 20 gold per day.
There is no mastery to earn gold in the game.
The fastest way to make coins is get as many habitants as you can, then breed and evolve dragons. The higher the level of dragon, the more coins it brings in.
Also try to go into your game as much as you can to collect "plays " from neighbors .

lin77
08-13-12, 10:39 AM
You can only gift three neighbors per day. You can receive up to 20 gold per day.
The fastest way to make coins is get as many habitants as you can, then breed and evolve dragons. The higher the level of dragon, the more coins it brings in.
Also try to go into your game as much as you can to collect "plays " from neighbors .

Ok thx kooky! :)

kooky panda
08-13-12, 11:11 AM
Lin

Here is a great thread with good information and a link to a spreadsheet for more information.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?28258-Dragon-Story-Lists-(In-Progress)&p=301546&viewfull=1#post301546

brittanafan
08-13-12, 11:30 AM

How do you know if you're collecting "plays"? Or if you're just collecting regular coins?

lin77
08-13-12, 11:42 AM
So if we can only get 3 gifts a day then there is no reason for having more than 3 nbrs? Is that right?

AkumaNeko
08-13-12, 12:10 PM
So if we can only get 3 gifts a day then there is no reason for having more than 3 nbrs? Is that right?

You can only gift away 3 gold per away but can receive up to 20 from neighbors. Neighbors help alot esp when you need maps for expansion. Amidst other things :)

northsweets
08-13-12, 12:15 PM
How do you know if you're collecting "plays"? Or if you're just collecting regular coins?

"plays" as in the stars left behind after some one plays with your dragon

lin77
08-13-12, 12:19 PM
You can only gift away 3 gold per away but can receive up to 20 from neighbors. Neighbors help alot esp when you need maps for expansion. Amidst other things :)

Oh ok....thx!

lin77
08-13-12, 02:24 PM
Ok here is my hang up with this gifting only 3 gold a day....what if I have more than 3 nbrs....I have to choose 3 to gift and the rest get nothing from me? So why would they keep me as a nbr? And if I don't gift them then why would they gift me gold? It seems like an unfair gifting system!

Also, what if ALL my nbrs already have their chosen 3 to gift...then that means I will never get any gold! This just doesn't seem right! Can someone PLZ explain the reasoning to me? :(

riitzc
08-13-12, 03:18 PM
If the neighbor (or you) select more than 3 people to gift to then it chooses who to gift at random. I have 180 neighbors and receive about 10 gold a day. If I notice one person is repeatedly sending me gold, I'll return the favor but I usually send about 80 maps a day. Your neighbors can also play with 6 dragons instead of 3. At start you get 100 per play. Later on it goes up to 250 coins per play.

One tip...

Plant your food (I plant the 3 minute crop) go out and play with other dragons and leave a little note on their wall and go back to collect your food and plays. The game takes three minutes to refresh and tell you that someone has visited but if you collect before plays appear, you automatically collect them.

riitzc
08-13-12, 03:19 PM
I usually end up collecting more than I'm spending on food by using this method.

lin77
08-13-12, 03:22 PM
If the neighbor (or you) select more than 3 people to gift to then it chooses who to gift at random. I have 180 neighbors and receive about 10 gold a day. If I notice one person is repeatedly sending me gold, I'll return the favor but I usually send about 80 maps a day. Your neighbors can also play with 6 dragons instead of 3. At start you get 100 per play. Later on it goes up to 250 coins per play.

One tip...

Plant your food (I plant the 3 minute crop) go out and play with other dragons and leave a little note on their wall and go back to collect your food and plays. The game takes three minutes to refresh and tell you that someone has visited but if you collect before plays appear, you automatically collect them.

Ok...maybe that's what I'll do.... select all to gift.....I only have 5 or 6 nbrs right now...if anyone wants to add me PLZ do! I'll be an excellent nbr!

ID: Lin77

lin77
08-13-12, 06:32 PM
People are asking for maps what is that about? I cant find out where I can do this....but then maybe its still locked for me....I'm on level 7 and play on a Kindle Fire....maybe I don't have this???

lin77
08-13-12, 06:35 PM
People are asking for maps what is that about? I cant find out where I can do this....but then maybe its still locked for me....I'm on level 7 and play on a Kindle Fire....maybe I don't have this???

And how do I sell or store stone paths?

northsweets
08-13-12, 07:04 PM
And how do I sell or store stone paths?

To sell anything in the game click on the move button like your going to move it somewhere and then the sell button will come up

lin77
08-13-12, 07:30 PM
To sell anything in the game click on the move button like your going to move it somewhere and then the sell button will come up

I take it android does not have this? Or is it just Kindle Fire's cuz I did what you said and I don't have the option to sell the stone paths.

Also what are the map requests about ......are they a goal?

AkumaNeko
08-13-12, 07:35 PM
I take it android does not have this? Or is it just Kindle Fire's cuz I did what you said and I don't have the option to sell the stone paths.

Not sure but I think it shld be the same?

Maps are needed when you expand.

lin77
08-13-12, 07:44 PM
Not sure but I think it shld be the same?

Maps are needed when you expand.

Ok....thx!

In other story games you have a news feed that tells u who tpd/watered/cleaned, etc. This game does not have a news feed.

I hope TL will improve this game as time goes...it has so much potential but if they leave it as it is I think it will fail! It needs more of the features that other Story games have......

kooky panda
08-13-12, 07:47 PM

When you hit the expand button you will need maps from neighbors. The first few expansions you do not need maps.
You can start expanding on level 5.

I checked my kindle fire game and you can sell the stone path.
Tap on the stone path then in lower right hand corner hit the move button. You will then see in lower right hand corner a sell button.

northsweets
08-13-12, 07:48 PM
I only know that in the iPad and the android phone the sell button shows up after you click on the move button I do not know on the kindle

lin77
08-13-12, 07:58 PM
When you hit the expand button you will need maps from neighbors. The first few expansions you do not need maps.

Tap on the stone path then in lower right hand corner hit the move button. You will then see in lower right hand corner a sell button.

K....will look down in the corner. Thx.

lin77
08-13-12, 08:01 PM

Ur right...I was looking at where the icons appear when ur moving something. Duh! :rolleyes:

AkumaNeko
08-13-12, 08:08 PM
Ok....thx!

In other story games you have a news feed that tells u who tpd/watered/cleaned, etc. This game does not have a news feed.

I hope TL will improve this game as time goes...it has so much potential but if they leave it as it is I think it will fail! It needs more of the features that other Story games have......

Click menu on bottom left hand corner. Then click news (top left corner).
That will show the news feed.

squilibob
08-13-12, 11:58 PM
A tip I think new players dont realize is that if you click on Your exp bar (the purple one with Your level) it takes you straight to your profile/wall