PDA

View Full Version : Fan Aloe 👎👎

DoubleZ
08-10-12, 10:44 PM
While I like the concept of this new flower, it's small size is awful. Its so small that I only accidentally discovered it was ready to harvest. Seriously, all I saw was the dirt, which looks like plowed land, with sort of a stem sticking out of it. I planted them in front of my flagstone/stone walkway, and the top part of the plant, which is supposed to be the decorative part, could not be seen. This flower's leaves/blooms should be significantly larger. Fan aloes are not dainty plants. They're big and branchy with long, wide, spikey leaves. They can grow to be massive in size. It had such promise too...very disappointed.

Going back to the Orange Carnation for now. Don't much care for it either (very much not an orange fan), but at least they can be seen and brighten things up a bit.

This is a relatively small one, but you can see how thick it's base (not a twig) and full the greenery are.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i284/pupsavr4life/8d1a61d0.jpg

pinkster73
08-11-12, 08:15 AM
Another ugly and too small flower, sigh.

DoubleZ
08-11-12, 03:46 PM
Another ugly and too small flower, sigh.

Yeppers. They're regressing. :eek:

Chocolit
08-25-12, 10:57 PM
For over 1/2 a day, I didn't harvest it when I saw it because they didn't look like they were ready for harvest/collection - it's so tiny!!!

DoubleZ
08-28-12, 10:09 PM
For over 1/2 a day, I didn't harvest it when I saw it because they didn't look like they were ready for harvest/collection - it's so tiny!!!

And the prickly pear cactus are the same way.