PDA

View Full Version : Advice Thread

08-10-12, 08:17 AM
The title says it all!
Here you can ask questions and our fellow TeamLava Players will try their best to answer them! You can ask about anything! TeamLava Games itself, or you might have friendship or boy problems! Or how about Homework? ANYTHING YOU WANT!

Have fun!

bobbyrae
08-10-12, 08:33 AM
How do I get over my shock that not everyone is on pinterest?! :-0

pinkster73
08-10-12, 08:35 AM
How do i tell my husband he's gotten a bit too "fluffy" and needs to lose weight without sounding like a total cow? I've already suggested he should work out at the gym "for his health" but he hasn't.

queentina3
08-10-12, 08:36 AM

WTH is pinterest? LMAO!

pinkster73
08-10-12, 08:36 AM

Step 1: tell us what pinterest is.

queentina3
08-10-12, 08:38 AM
How do i tell my husband he's gotten a bit too "fluffy" and needs to lose weight without sounding like a total cow? I've already suggested he should work out at the gym "for his health" but he hasn't.

After washing a pair of his pants tell him you're sorry but you think you may have shrunk them a bit. See if he gets the hint. :p

pinkster73
08-10-12, 08:40 AM
After washing a pair of his pants tell him you're sorry but you think you may have shrunk them a bit. See if he gets the hint. :p

He's aware. He had to get bigger sized pants. He knows but doesn't do anything about it.

08-10-12, 08:42 AM

Leave some diet phamplets? Or try to say you want to spend time with each other.. In a gym... Or if you have kids try to have a family "work-out" day or do things like take walks in the morning. If you make the food in the house, try to make things healthier. avoid meat, and look for fat free foods. Or try a contest sorta thing. if he can avoid fatty foods give him like money or something that he rally wants.

queentina3
08-10-12, 08:43 AM
He's aware. He had to get bigger sized pants. He knows but doesn't do anything about it.

Well then, be a cow about it. LOL!

pinkster73
08-10-12, 08:48 AM
Leave some diet phamplets? Or try to say you want to spend time with each other.. In a gym... Or if you have kids try to have a family "work-out" day or do things like take walks in the morning. If you make the food in the house, try to make things healthier. avoid meat, and look for fat free foods. Or try a contest sorta thing. if he can avoid fatty foods give him like money or something that he rally wants.

When he was here full time he ate my low fat food because that's what i cook. He now works up north and lives on site for weeks or a couple months at a time. He obviously doesn't make good food choices while he's there. When he came home last week for 6 days he was visibly fluffier. So i can't do the gym thing with him or make his food. I work out every day and even when he's here he doesn't do it with me. It's like he's happy being fluffy.

08-10-12, 08:53 AM
When he was here full time he ate my low fat food because that's what i cook. He now works up north and lives on site for weeks or a couple months at a time. He obviously doesn't make good food choices while he's there. When he came home last week for 6 days he was visibly fluffier. So i can't do the gym thing with him or make his food. I work out every day and even when he's here he doesn't do it with me. It's like he's happy being fluffy.

lol :p if worst comes to worst tell him straight on. :p

pinkster73
08-10-12, 08:56 AM
lol :p if worst comes to worst tell him straight on. :p

Sigh, i was thinking that. I was thinking i should word it like I'm concerned for his health instead of "holy cow you're getting fat".

bobbyrae
08-10-12, 12:21 PM
Sigh, i was thinking that. I was thinking i should word it like I'm concerned for his health instead of "holy cow you're getting fat".

"Holy cow you're getting fat" might work. Men tend to like that direct thing. Except that he may think it's ok to be direct and then may say something like, "Good grief you've got more grey hair/your {} look smaller/closer to your navel than when I saw you last..." Which, you know...may not go over well with you.
:p

bobbyrae
08-10-12, 12:22 PM
Oh! Pinterest. Oh people. It's the best thing since...well...since facebook. Lol. It's an online ...pinboard...of sorts. :D
Check it out!

kooky panda
08-10-12, 12:59 PM

Give him a big hug, squeeze his love handles and say ... "I love these, something to hold onto, it makes me feel so secure"!!!

bobbyrae
08-10-12, 01:00 PM
Give him a big hug, squeeze his love handles and say ... "I love these, something to hold onto, it makes me feel so secure"!!!
Lol!
Lol!! Just make sure you don't have any love handles for him to squeeze back! Lol. Good one kooky. :)

kooky panda
08-10-12, 01:07 PM
Lol!
Lol!! Just make sure you don't have any love handles for him to squeeze back! Lol. Good one kooky. :)

Oh no, I better not try that one on Mr. Kooky...lol

queentina3
08-10-12, 02:28 PM
Oh! Pinterest. Oh people. It's the best thing since...well...since facebook. Lol. It's an online ...pinboard...of sorts. :D
Check it out!

No thanks. I dislike Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, and any or all other places like that. :p

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kooky, you crack me up!

pinksugar800
08-10-12, 04:45 PM

Tell him to work the fluff of or hit the gym..the best possible answer from me:p

bobbyrae
08-10-12, 04:55 PM
No thanks. I dislike Facebook, Twitter, Myspace...!

That's why pinterest is so great. It's unlike them in every way :) you should give it a try sometime. There is so much creativity on that site it boggles the mind. :)

Lol @ kooky :)

08-10-12, 06:31 PM

oohhh, Kooky! laughed my head off at that!! good one!

sourlicorice5
08-10-12, 10:41 PM
Sigh I just wish I had a man to squeeze my love handles lol :p

pinkster73
08-11-12, 10:36 AM
Sigh I just wish I had a man to squeeze my love handles lol :p

Lavalife? Eharmony? Grocery store?

sterlingempire
08-11-12, 01:59 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AJmKkU5POA

sourlicorice5
08-11-12, 07:59 PM

Lavalife, eharmanoy I have never heard of. Lol

pinkster73
08-12-12, 08:13 AM
Lavalife, eharmanoy I have never heard of. Lol

When you're back in Canada you'll see commercials for them all the time. Matchmaking sites.

shakiba
08-12-12, 09:05 AM
When you're back in Canada you'll see commercials for them all the time. Matchmaking sites.

Yes, especially eharmony! So annoying. :p

sourlicorice5
08-12-12, 09:12 AM

Yikes I think I'll pass. I'm not interested in match making sites. If its meant to be ill find some one to squeeze my love handles :p

pinkster73
08-12-12, 09:56 PM
Yikes I think I'll pass. I'm not interested in match making sites. If its meant to be ill find some one to squeeze my love handles :p

Well the ads say now 1 in 5 relationships begin on an online dating site.

sourlicorice5
08-13-12, 10:25 AM
Well the ads say now 1 in 5 relationships begin on an online dating site.

The 4 put of 5 sound like better odds lol :p

sourlicorice5
08-13-12, 10:26 AM
Fiddlesticks

Put should be out

And I know I don't have to correct it but it annoys me :p

kooky panda
08-13-12, 11:16 AM
Never fear sourlicorice, there is someone out there for your love handles!!!!! He will make himself known soon, I can feel it!!!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5zfW1av7gHuoJhokrZxwPzK4qN-g4pru0v-nuHJYGXH-CEBa-eg

bobbyrae
08-13-12, 11:27 AM
Grocery store? Lol. So that's where available men willing to squeeze love handles hang out? Lol

pinkster73
08-13-12, 12:01 PM
Grocery store? Lol. So that's where available men willing to squeeze love handles hang out? Lol

Better then a bar. And all men eat.

bobbyrae
08-13-12, 12:07 PM
Better then a bar. And all men eat.

This is true. And i suppose you can tell a lot about a man from his shopping cart :p

purpsandherb
08-15-12, 01:37 AM
Lol u guys crack me up!
To pinkster, one suggest approching him with joking bout it, then end the approch with hun seriosly i dont want us to end up cruising side by side in motorized carts! It took my bf's dr. to finaly get him to walk with me long distances at r local park. Or if there is a outside activity he adores then u can do that with him when he gets bak. To sourlicourice, just hav fun! Be confidafe in yourself and someone will want to come and join in. dont be afraid to start conversations.

pinksugar800
08-15-12, 01:43 AM
How do I get over my tiredness after I wake up?!
I don't drink coffee!

pinkster73
08-16-12, 08:26 AM
I don't drink coffee!

Do ten jumping jacks as soon as you get out of bed.

sourlicorice5
08-16-12, 08:55 AM
I don't drink coffee!

Eat an apple. It's better at waking you up then caffeine. Just one of the things I read while searching for fun facts to post n nbrs walls.

sourlicorice5
08-16-12, 08:56 AM
Lol u guys crack me up!
To pinkster, one suggest approching him with joking bout it, then end the approch with hun seriosly i dont want us to end up cruising side by side in motorized carts! It took my bf's dr. to finaly get him to walk with me long distances at r local park. Or if there is a outside activity he adores then u can do that with him when he gets bak. To sourlicourice, just hav fun! Be confidafe in yourself and someone will want to come and join in. dont be afraid to start conversations.

Thanks though I was only joking in my previous threads. I'm happy being single :)

08-16-12, 10:48 AM
Ok now i need some advice! so i am having a fight with one of my best friends and she never emails alot during this summer, but i see her always on skype and facebook. She says she misses me but if she really did she would take the time to email me.. ann she is says she is always too busy to email me.. so she isnt busy to go on skype or facebook? what should i do? leave her or forgive her? is she a keeper? i like known her for like 6 years. and now she is getting to be close friends with my mortal enemy. what should i do!!! PLEASE HELP!!

pinkster73
08-16-12, 05:52 PM
Ok now i need some advice! so i am having a fight with one of my best friends and she never emails alot during this summer, but i see her always on skype and facebook. She says she misses me but if she really did she would take the time to email me.. ann she is says she is always too busy to email me.. so she isnt busy to go on skype or facebook? what should i do? leave her or forgive her? is she a keeper? i like known her for like 6 years. and now she is getting to be close friends with my mortal enemy. what should i do!!! PLEASE HELP!!

Keep being friendly towards her, say nothing bad about anyone. In time you will probably be buds again just like you were. All relationships go through natural cycles of closeness and distance.

lylahmae
08-16-12, 07:41 PM
My best friend has been with me since fifth grade (19 years) and we can go a month without talking due to our busy lives and when we hang out just the two of us it's like we didn't miss a beat. Friendship like love must be unconditional. If she is busy don't make it more than that it will only ruin the time you do have together if you harbor resentment about the time you didn't have. Oh and what pinkster said too.

pinksugar800
08-16-12, 09:07 PM

Hahaha, I'll try that & an apple:)

pinksugar800
08-16-12, 09:07 PM

Eat an apple. It's better at waking you up then caffeine. Just one of the things I read while searching for fun facts to post n nbrs walls.

Thank you, I'll try both of them:)

08-16-12, 09:22 PM
Keep being friendly towards her, say nothing bad about anyone. In time you will probably be buds again just like you were. All relationships go through natural cycles of closeness and distance.

My best friend has been with me since fifth grade (19 years) and we can go a month without talking due to our busy lives and when we hang out just the two of us it's like we didn't miss a beat. Friendship like love must be unconditional. If she is busy don't make it more than that it will only ruin the time you do have together if you harbor resentment about the time you didn't have. Oh and what pinkster said too.

Thank you soo much! That helped me ALOT.... I also forgot to mention I have two vest friends and it was always the three of us. Because I got so mad for her not emailing I let out ALL my feelings about this to my other best friend. THen she goes and talk to (the friend who never emails) and exaggerates my whole point and then we gOt into this fight. I apologized and then sh forgave me but she Hangs out more with my mortal enemy. Now my two best Friends hate each other because of me, and my othe best friends wants to yell at her for hurting me (another long story ) but I don't want her to anymore. I emailed her explaining how I felt about this because she is like an AMAZING FRIEND AND I LOVE HER TO DEATH, but i feel like u should take care of this myself. --I just got an email from her and she understands!! :D now I just hope the situation woth the best friend who never emails goes well.

pinkster73
08-17-12, 07:58 AM
Thank you soo much! That helped me ALOT.... I also forgot to mention I have two vest friends and it was always the three of us. Because I got so mad for her not emailing I let out ALL my feelings about this to my other best friend. THen she goes and talk to (the friend who never emails) and exaggerates my whole point and then we gOt into this fight. I apologized and then sh forgave me but she Hangs out more with my mortal enemy. Now my two best Friends hate each other because of me, and my othe best friends wants to yell at her for hurting me (another long story ) but I don't want her to anymore. I emailed her explaining how I felt about this because she is like an AMAZING FRIEND AND I LOVE HER TO DEATH, but i feel like u should take care of this myself. --I just got an email from her and she understands!! :D now I just hope the situation woth the best friend who never emails goes well.

Thats good, and I'm sure the whole situation will work out.

08-17-12, 11:43 AM
Thats good, and I'm sure the whole situation will work out.

I guess i have to cross my fingers, and see what happens when i see her again at school in a few weeks.

pinksugar800
08-17-12, 04:26 PM

Woahhh, talk about the real housewives!

08-17-12, 04:30 PM
Woahhh, talk about the real housewives!

i know right?!?! :( :/ i have no idea what to do. other then just wait nd see whta happens!!

pinksugar800
08-17-12, 04:33 PM
i know right?!?! :( :/ i have no idea what to do. other then just wait nd see whta happens!!

Yup, go w/ the flow:D
If she, "mortal enemy gonna be" is trying to start a fight, maybe she's not the friend for u..?

08-17-12, 04:49 PM
Yup, go w/ the flow:D
If she, "mortal enemy gonna be" is trying to start a fight, maybe she's not the friend for u..?

yea... i find my mortal enemy tries EVERYTHING to seperate me and her. :(

pinkster73
08-17-12, 06:45 PM
yea... i find my mortal enemy tries EVERYTHING to seperate me and her. :(

Your mortal enemy envies something about you.

lylahmae
08-17-12, 07:43 PM
I usually choose the passive aggressive method to deal with a mortal enemy...pretend they don't exist. Don't talk to or about them. Avoid being near them and if you are forced to be near them do not make any eye contact and pretend they are invisible. Above all act as you would if that person weren't there. I make it like a challenge or game in my head, it distracts me from angry feelings and it drives the crazy woman even crazier than she is to start with. This method works for me but not everyone can pull it off so I advise discretion.

pinkster73
08-18-12, 08:34 AM
I usually choose the passive aggressive method to deal with a mortal enemy...pretend they don't exist. Don't talk to or about them. Avoid being near them and if you are forced to be near them do not make any eye contact and pretend they are invisible. Above all act as you would if that person weren't there. I make it like a challenge or game in my head, it distracts me from angry feelings and it drives the crazy woman even crazier than she is to start with. This method works for me but not everyone can pull it off so I advise discretion.

I don't do that. I act extra nice. My ex husband's new wife hated my guts for the sole reason i was married to her man before. I always waved hello at kid drop offs, got her a Christmas card, made polite small talk at events etc. She never waved back, wouldn't even say hello back etc. Who looked like a cow? Her. Hmmm, they're separated now.

08-18-12, 09:06 AM
Haha!! :) lol I would totally love to do that!! But she is very manipulative, if I'm mean to her to my vest friend will get mad at me cuz she will exaggerate to her dying I'm being a []or something... :/ she will turn ANYONE against me if she wanted to.

08-18-12, 09:08 AM
Your mortal enemy envies something about you.

Probably.. But there is to be jealous about me.. Yes I get good grades and all, and I have some really good friends, but if she works hard and isn't two-faced she would have the same things as me

northsweets
08-21-12, 07:37 PM
It is frustrating you click on a area to expand that takes 2 days while you wait you gather up enough money to expand again but you have to wait until the expansion is done before you ask people for maps now that takes 3more days because your only allowed 20 a day. So every 5 days if you get 20 maps a day before you can expand again even though you have enough money in 2 days