PDA

View Full Version : Trees

DRL23411
08-09-12, 05:31 PM
What do you do with the trees you buy to master?

Also, what do you do when the trees are 10,000 coins or more? It would cost a fortune to buy very many or take a year using fewer trees. So far, I have saved everything but I have several thousand trees in storage. Can't use all of them and one does not get much if you sell them.

queentina3
08-09-12, 05:39 PM
I usually buy 10 of each try and put them out all at once. Then when mastered, I sell all but 5 of them and keep those 5 in storage. The only ones I don't sell are the goal ones, or ones I know were going to be pulled from the store. If I don't have enough money to purchase 10 right away, I buy just a few and then when I have enough to buy the rest, I do so.

DoubleZ
08-11-12, 03:53 PM
What do you do with the trees you buy to master?

I put them in my Inventory for possible use at a future date...should I ever want a particular look for my farm.

DRL23411
08-11-12, 07:00 PM
I usually buy 10 of each try and put them out all at once. Then when mastered, I sell all but 5 of them and keep those 5 in storage. The only ones I don't sell are the goal ones, or ones I know were going to be pulled from the store. If I don't have enough money to purchase 10 right away, I buy just a few and then when I have enough to buy the rest, I do so.

How long does it take you to master a tree. With only 10, it must be a long time.

sourlicorice5
08-11-12, 08:03 PM
I usually buy three rows of trees along the top of my farm. It cost a lot of coins but since I'm done expansions on farm I don't care. I just want the gems and gnome as fast as I can get them. After I store 5 for possible decoration later on and sell the rest. I know they don't sell for much but since I don't have to save for expansions I don't really care.

swiep07
08-12-12, 01:36 AM
I buy about 25 trees and sell 5. So I can make a forest again once.
I don't care about the coins either

TimeForACuppaTea
08-12-12, 02:24 AM
I buy 25 and set them up in a square. 5 rows of 5 (my whole farm is set in 5 rows of 5)

I used to be able to keep up with trees just fine. I would harvest my trees only when my crops were fully watered and I needed something for people to water until I could replant. But since we've been getting SOOOOOO many darn trees I've been forced to have many more trees on my farm than I really like. I'm trying to focus more on trees than on crops at the moment to get them mastered so I can focus on crops again.

With buying 25 I don't feel I'm spending an extreme amount of cash on trees, but I have enough that I can master them in a reasonable amount of time. Once I'm done I just store them in case I might want to use them later. I'm also fully expanded so don't need money for much else.

queentina3
08-12-12, 05:45 AM
How long does it take you to master a tree. With only 10, it must be a long time.

It does take a while, especially the 2 day ones. I have many out now that are on their 3rd leaf and I can't wait until they're finally mastered and I can store them. I'll probably buy more of each tree when I'm down to only have a few sets left, as I'll have more room, but for now, 10 is all I can buy and still have room for crops. LOL

nmishii
08-12-12, 08:13 AM

You need to harvest 875 trees to master. So 88 times with 10 trees. That's about 88 days for one day trees, 132 days for 36 hr trees, 176 days for 2 day trees.

Formulas:

number of harvests = (875 trees to master) / (number of trees)
days to master = (875 trees to master) / (number of trees) x (hrs to harvest) / 24 hrs/day

Lately I've been planting 25 trees. I master with 35 harvests. I pretty much lose money on each tree. About $3M so far.

I store all mastered trees in inventory. I don't sell my inventory in any of my games. I can't expand anymore, so I have more coins than I know what to do with.

pinkster73
08-12-12, 08:33 AM
I had i 6 or 7 caramel apple trees that i got last Halloween. I mastered them in july of this year.

pinkster73
08-12-12, 08:35 AM
Oh and after i master a tree, i sell them if they're ugly (like acorn tree or jackfruit tree) and i store the pretty ones like cherry tree or fig tree.

jtm101
08-12-12, 08:52 AM
I store all of my mastered trees for 2 main reasons.

1) In case i want to put them back out for decoration one day

2) In case i need them for future Goals. We have needed these in some goals like last years christmas needed quite a few.

pinkster73
08-12-12, 09:18 AM
I store all of my mastered trees for 2 main reasons.

1) In case i want to put them back out for decoration one day

2) In case i need them for future Goals. We have needed these in some goals like last years christmas needed quite a few.

Well seeing as how I'm android i don't have that issue. :p

WendingWanderer
08-12-12, 02:57 PM
No!

Androids are going to get goals.

They are! They are!

bbieprnc
08-12-12, 05:08 PM
No!

Androids are going to get goals.

They are! They are!

LOL!!!!!!!! In my lifetime?

pinkster73
08-12-12, 06:56 PM
LOL!!!!!!!! In my lifetime?

Are you immortal?

bobbyrae
08-12-12, 07:15 PM
Lol...wasn't there a flying pig in farm? :p

I store all my mastered trees. I have no reason for storing them, but I just do. I think I have over a hundred apple and plum trees in storage. :p

pinkster73
08-12-12, 09:50 PM
Lol...wasn't there a flying pig in farm? :p

I store all my mastered trees. I have no reason for storing them, but I just do. I think I have over a hundred apple and plum trees in storage. :p

A & E Hoarders: farm version

bobbyrae
08-13-12, 06:50 AM
A & E Hoarders: farm version

Hi. My name is bobbyrae. I am a hoarder.

bobbyrae
08-13-12, 06:51 AM
I hoard trees. Fruit trees.

bbieprnc
08-13-12, 07:08 AM
Are you immortal?

Exactly - thank you for confirmation Pinkster.

pinkster73
08-13-12, 08:22 AM
My name is pinkster and i hoard fences and corral fences, in all colors.

samizmyne
09-01-12, 04:32 PM
I thought this was a game. This sounds like way too much work.