PDA

View Full Version : Quetzal Dragon -

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

amnesiaNo9
04-29-13, 07:56 PM
Think this is absoulty unfair to those that don't have and feel sorry for those people. How can TL bring out a tree dragon which takes 26 HOURS to breed and which it will undoubtably give you multiple times as a fail on trying to get a quetzal!!! If they wanted remove this dragon then they should have done so before releasing the tree dragon so at least you didn't have to be the luckiest person in the world to breed one. I am so glad I got my 3 before the tree dragon came out but I really don't think this game is being fair to its loyal players and just wants to extract gold/money in any possible way. Very disappointing ��

lilobrat05
04-29-13, 07:59 PM
So not fair! I have been playing this game since it came out and I still don't have a diamond dragon! I have gotten almost every limited dragon now other than the passion and now it looks like I'm going to miss out on the quetzal because I have been unable to breed a diamond and I'm not willing to spend $100 USA dollars on a picture! So I guess I'm gong to miss out on this dragon. I guess this is one way to make people jump and spend money to just get the dragon outright. I'm not rich and can't spend that kind of money for a picture on my phone 😒

metalsubzero
04-29-13, 08:02 PM
If I'm reading the genius' mind, we're gonna get a red single colored dragon with a long breeding time that's gonna be seasonal.. Crusader will be a hard breed with this release with longer fail times.. And den before that seasonal red dragon goes LE, TL does the same thing by first making Crusader LE..

Genius..

henrylucky
04-29-13, 08:04 PM
So not fair! I have been playing this game since it came out and I still don't have a diamond dragon! I have gotten almost every limited dragon now other than the passion and now it looks like I'm going to miss out on the quetzal because I have been unable to breed a diamond and I'm not willing to spend $100 USA dollars on a picture! So I guess I'm gong to miss out on this dragon. I guess this is one way to make people jump and spend money to just get the dragon outright. I'm not rich and can't spend that kind of money for a picture on my phone 😒

I'm not rich too, but I'm just a student:D

henrylucky
04-29-13, 08:06 PM
If I'm reading the genius' mind, we're gonna get a red single colored dragon with a long breeding time that's gonna be seasonal.. Crusader will be a hard breed with this release with longer fail times.. And den before that seasonal red dragon goes LE, TL does the same thing by first making Crusader LE..

Genius..
Don't post anything LE! if they see it they will do it! Just say, Magic, Firestorm, Island are limited dragons.:p

amnesiaNo9
04-29-13, 08:08 PM

Genius..

So right, guarenteed to happen. They are smart, I must admit, lol

cakeandpie
04-29-13, 08:25 PM
Well this STINKS. I am one of those "lucky" level 94 players who STILL doesn't have a diamond. Therefore, no quetzal, ever.

I agree with a previous poster who said this game is just getting stressful. :(

alvistang
04-29-13, 08:27 PM
why dun wan remove "common" dragon" ~ i still dun have diamond dragon and how to breed quetzal dragon... ultra rare dragon easy get 1?? last year start to ply this game and i hv try many times to breed diamond and now i still cant get 1.

metalsubzero
04-29-13, 08:29 PM
Don't post anything LE! if they see it they will do it! Just say, Magic, Firestorm, Island are limited dragons.:p

I sure hope these 3 are gonna be LE.. Hahaha.. I'm pretty new to the game.. But I can say these 3 breeds probably make up 30-40% of my breeds.. It's magical, such that as long as they are one of the possible dragons to be bred with whatever combination I throw in, one of these 3 bound to appear.. Oh, and coral and fruitful.. Probably these 5 make up 50% of all my dragons breeding..

But fat hope I guess..

Autorithy
04-29-13, 08:39 PM
I have 3 quetzals lvl 10 and 3 lvl 6 add me id : autorithy

yayacupcake
04-29-13, 08:53 PM
The short answer: to keep the Market clean with all the new Dragons we have been releasing.

We can't really go into detail about that, but a lot of it is based on player feedback.

I call for TL to make a poll with all the dragons listed where you can only vote once and see which dragons we would like to be removed. Can almost bet ya the fruitful would be first to go.

FlamingInferno
04-29-13, 09:03 PM
Awwww crud Quetzal Limited?? So going crazy!!!! BTW can someone teach me how to get DawnTree?

metalsubzero
04-29-13, 09:06 PM
Awwww crud Quetzal Limited?? So going crazy!!!! BTW can someone teach me how to get DawnTree?

Forest + Forest?

chiefdragon
04-29-13, 09:15 PM
I wish I have read about quetzal going LE. I have just placed my night and pearl in the breeding den. I don't want to rush it. I wonder whose feedback did they read about getting rid of quetzal. I know everyone was expecting dawn tree next on the timer. I'm on the verge of quitting this game. I'm so disappointed.

roni122285
04-29-13, 09:34 PM
Quetzal Dragon is now limited. Hopefully, everyone will be able to hatch one before it's gone! We do appreciate your feedback on the decision to make this limited and we will pass it along to our game team. Thank you! :)

Past like that's possible what with the splitting and the difficulty of getting a diamond to get this one it'll be impossible unless of course some one wants to spend hard earned money on a game for something super difficult to get in the first place. Not to mention that passing on info to the game designers helps for anything other than TL profit since android and kindle still don't have parity.

eboats
04-29-13, 09:44 PM
Its just plain dumb to make a dragon limited that never was any sort of seasonal release. Bet they see a decrease in gold buying with tactics like this. I have one but the move is still boneheaded. Lets just start removing all dragons after 3 days so we can get some consistency. Hey why not just make dragons never intended to be limited, limited now.... Oh wait. Dumb, dumb, and dumb

opanugie
04-29-13, 09:56 PM
This diamond hybrid not suppose to be not a limited dragon and i'm so sad for this, until now i haven't have diamond and it means i will not have all the dragon hybrid

RotomGuy
04-29-13, 10:06 PM
What. The.

Of all the dragons TL could of chosen to "stop clutter", a Diamond hybrid was possibly the worst choice. This being my favourite of the lot, and me not having a Diamond yet, knowing ill never get it this one is a really hard kick.

I have always tried to keep playing but this might be the notion to make me quit.

lmac10
04-29-13, 10:06 PM
This is rather disappointing, I'm level 55 and one of those unfortunate ones who haven't joined the diamond club (despite my best efforts) so I have no way of acquiring this dragon except with buying it and at a price tag of over $100 when others have got it for free is a bit of a no brainer decision. If this was an attempt to increase sales of gold they need to take a look at their marketing team because this is a bad idea. When you could spend $5 here and there to speed up the last few hours on a dragon you do it more often. When that price doubles you tend to go "I think I'll wait for this one". If it's a decline in gold sales that has driven this limited edition of an otherwise permanent part of the collection (as now there will not be a Diamond/green hybrid) then maybe they should have a look at the comments, people are more willing to part with dollars when they can justify it, a few dollars here and there at an attainable goal is ok. Big spending for one dragon that is not a necessity is an unrealistic way to think this will encourage loyal players to part with their hard earned money.

Baraze
04-29-13, 11:20 PM
I thought that the forum players was the only place where users could say what they like and what they dislike. I m wondering where could you see that players dont want quetzal anymore instead of here? just asking.

In their dreams....

Baraze
04-29-13, 11:22 PM
So charms, corals, the original magic, island, firestorm, etc couldnt be removed to make room for the new dragons? Such baloney. I used to come to these forums for humor. Now with each passing day and mishap, I'm walking away with indigestion.

Lolas_Kryptonite
04-29-13, 11:35 PM
The short answer: to keep the Market clean with all the new Dragons we have been releasing.

There's a lot of factors that go into deciding which Dragons we choose to become limited. We can't really go into detail about that, but a lot of it is based on player feedback. While there may be plenty of you out there who may not be happy with the Quetzal Dragon now being limited, just remember that the forums represent only a small fraction of all of our players. Best of luck in getting the dragon while you still can! :)

I have to laugh. No, really I do. I don't understand what "keeping the market clean" means either. You know a great solution, would be to go back to releasing 1 dragon per week, instead of 3.
Maybe finishing a feature or 2 and releasing to everybody ontime.

I also don't understand what feedback you could possibly have received that said "PLEASE TL, GET RID OF THE DIAMOND HYBRIDS" unless people are emailing support with this absurd request?

If you need to make room, Why not get rid of stuff like magic? or island? or poison? the list goes on.

This is just something else.

Yeah and this fraction is getting smaller and smaller. Keep it up.
You guys continue to disappoint your players on a weekly basis now.
Don't stop now. You're doing a great job.
Hi-fives all around.

hellg3
04-29-13, 11:42 PM
I have been lucky enough to get a diamond, then all the new dragons came, so I didn't have time to breed hybrids (expensive habitats need to come from somewhere), and now I find out that a ultra rare hybrid is becoming limited. Great choice team lava. Keep this up and you will get a lot of 1 star reviews. Pour choice of timing!

kis1
04-30-13, 12:04 AM

There's a lot of factors that go into deciding which Dragons we choose to become limited. We can't really go into detail about that, but a lot of it is based on player feedback. While there may be plenty of you out there who may not be happy with the Quetzal Dragon now being limited, just remember that the forums represent only a small fraction of all of our players. Best of luck in getting the dragon while you still can! :)

Ok ill remember that the forums represent only a small fraction of all your players, so could you tell us how the large fraction who fed back to you that they want this dragon limited actually voice their opinions to TL...

Is there another forum somewhere that holds votes on which dragons to limit next?

I thought the official forums was the place to ask questions and provide feedback but seems that's not the case

This large faction of players that are happy to see the Quetzal leave the game are they by any chance all IOS players who spend hundreds of dollars a week to keep ahead of the changes they secretly vote for?

mistral88
04-30-13, 12:53 AM
This is just wrong. So wrong. Unforgivable, TL. Unforgivable.

sayake
04-30-13, 01:00 AM
Maybe people NOT buying Quetzal from the market is how TL collects information that people want it removed? lol

Sad thing is there wil be a lot of people who will buy Quetzal.

Yeah I know, but I won't be 1 of them!
Suddenly I think the diamond temple was a sign for this. I mean think about it. they release a temple that increases chances with 6x... (still no garantee and it only lasts for 7 days -_-' ) and now this.
Just feels like this: ""Oh look they're not buying our diamond hybrids, lets release this building. Oh they're not buying that either?? Start removing the hybrids! That'll teach em!""
If I don't have a Diamond by the end of his week, I'm going to quit... Seriously. I wanted a quetzal - dark angel - unicorn - anubis dragon for so long. And now they're starting to limit hybrids...
Team Lava. You're losing players like this. End this money pit scandal and give all the players the same chance on obtaining dragons. Make diamond easier to get.

lightningougi
04-30-13, 01:04 AM
As someone who still doesn't have a diamond, this is rather upsetting. Unless the dragon was supposed to be a reference to the 2012 would be doomsday, making it limited doesn't make a lot of sense, especially since its simply a diamond/primary color hybrid.

kis1
04-30-13, 01:08 AM
Who knows how much next weeks limited dragon will cost...

It's just a vicious limited dragon circle that must end...

It started with seasonal dragons being limited, and up to a point I could see the sense in that, and players knew when a Halloween or valentines dragon came out it would be for a limited time.

I guess a lot of money was made out of people panic buying the limited dragon when they realised they weren't going to be lucky enough to breed it...

So a Diamond temple appears, then a gold sale appears, then WHAM diamond hybrid limited...

This is the start of a very slippery slope, and the ONLY way to stop it is to NOT buy gold to get the dragon...

If you do then you are saying, it's ok to do this, and lets be honest it isn't ok :(

bryanjdbalot
04-30-13, 01:20 AM
This is just RIDICULOUS!!! and possibly all diamond hybrids going LE as well.Another bad move TL! They said theyre doing this to make

space on market because they know that there`s so many dragons but how come they dont increase the habitats?!!! Why quetzal how

about that ugly dawntree instead?or the ugly magic,coral,fruitful! TL you guys are making your players very unhappy!

MonkeyMomma76
04-30-13, 01:24 AM
I think it is categorically unfair to make a standard issue dragon suddenly "limited" in the market. Any dragon that has a short availability should be CLEARLY identified as such when it is introduced so players know which ones they need to focus on. I have been trying to get Mask ever since it came out, but with the ridiculous splitting rates of pink and black I am really starting to lose hope :-(( I only started doing Quetzal because all my purple habitats were full and so I needed a break.

TL is seriously making their customer base very cranky with all these changes. Instead of just flooding the market with tons of new product every week, they should focus on improving the general quality of gameplay experience for ALL their customers. They should address parity before all these other "improvements" (and I say that with total sarcasm!)

kurebiz
04-30-13, 01:25 AM
Good luck to those who haven't gotten theirs.. well, I guess ios users can try to use the diamond temple to increase their chances. Android and kindle are getting hit harder.

elwood99
04-30-13, 01:31 AM
Good luck to those who haven't gotten theirs.. well, I guess ios users can try to use the diamond temple to increase their chances. Android and kindle are getting hit harder.

I got only dawn tree after dawn tree. I am not spending any gold - I am saving for my treasure dragon. Looks like I have to kiss and say goodbye to quetzal.

sunkalito
04-30-13, 01:54 AM
So charms, corals, the original magic, island, firestorm, etc couldnt be removed to make room for the new dragons? Such baloney. I used to come to these forums for humor. Now with each passing day and mishap, I'm walking away with indigestion.
Quite right.

Anyuszko
04-30-13, 01:57 AM
Is it hard to craft ?

I am breeding diamond with forest . Ok i got forest 3 times but who cares, in 30 sec it is ready and you can start again . On 4th attempt i got dawntree. Now i speed up dawntree and wonder on which attempt i should get quetzal

Anyuszko
04-30-13, 02:00 AM
Or from otherview : with breeding diamond with forest , can you get anything else than: forest (ready in 30sec), dawntree, diamond and quetzal ?

kurebiz
04-30-13, 02:27 AM
Or from otherview : with breeding diamond with forest , can you get anything else than: forest (ready in 30sec), dawntree, diamond and quetzal ?

I think that would be all. It will be easier to get dawntree than quetzal though.. so you might have to speed quite a lot

Anyuszko
04-30-13, 02:32 AM
I think that would be all. It will be easier to get dawntree than quetzal though.. so you might have to speed quite a lot

Quetzal is super rare diamonds ultra rare . Wonder what the diffferences inchances are . Shouldtry it later , now i have to work

kurebiz
04-30-13, 02:44 AM
Quetzal is super rare diamonds ultra rare . Wonder what the diffferences inchances are . Shouldtry it later , now i have to work

I think you meant to say dawntree is super rare, instead?!

Anyuszko
04-30-13, 03:02 AM
I think you meant to say dawntree is super rare, instead?!

Yup :) i was in other forums as well :-)

NouraMoh
04-30-13, 03:08 AM
Thanks for the reply, but I doubt anyone wanted Quetzal to go so how TL got that from our feedback is hard to accept... like you said,

''just remember that the forums represent only a small fraction of all of our players''

Not one person on this forum can believe Quetzal is next to go, we all thought and wanted Dawn Tree to go next so that Quetzal was easier to get. A lot of people were actually waiting for Dawn Tree to go so they could try again for Quetzal...

TL never listens to us and this move , along with TD buy/breed and not increasing habitats is going to make a lot of players quit! I think it's about time JakeStorm8 came here and gave us information.

I don't want to hear about a new type of dragon next week if it means we have to lose another Diamond hybrid! We want android up to date, all iOS features to everyone and breed cost same with half the hours. This game is not what it used to be, the person in charge needs to think really hard about what he is doing to this awesome game.

Totally agree with everything you said

Loxieland
04-30-13, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the reply, but I doubt anyone wanted Quetzal to go so how TL got that from our feedback is hard to accept... like you said,

''just remember that the forums represent only a small fraction of all of our players''

Not one person on this forum can believe Quetzal is next to go, we all thought and wanted Dawn Tree to go next so that Quetzal was easier to get. A lot of people were actually waiting for Dawn Tree to go so they could try again for Quetzal...

TL never listens to us and this move , along with TD buy/breed and not increasing habitats is going to make a lot of players quit! I think it's about time JakeStorm8 came here and gave us information.

I don't want to hear about a new type of dragon next week if it means we have to lose another Diamond hybrid! We want android up to date, all iOS features to everyone and breed cost same with half the hours. This game is not what it used to be, the person in charge needs to think really hard about what he is doing to this awesome game.

Why, why, why doesn't TL poll the forum before they do unbelievable stuff like limit Diamonds?????

sollia
04-30-13, 03:44 AM
I got only dawn tree after dawn tree. I am not spending any gold - I am saving for my treasure dragon. Looks like I have to kiss and say goodbye to quetzal.

Unless you're trying to get a Treasure because you like the way it looks, it's a terrible deal. Even at epic level it will take months to break even. And I wouldn't want to bet that I'll be here very long. I don't want to tell you what to do, I'm just saying.

Anyway, I have another theory. I do believe that they are making this difficult on purpose with Dawntree.

But think about the Diamond Temple. What good is that thing once you have all the hybrids? That's why I didn't buy one, I knew it would eventually be useless. Maybe they're going to release a new Green/Diamond hybrid to address that problem.

I'm not saying that's an especially good reason, but it makes sense in a way. They could believe they're actually helping keep the game interesting. Unfortunately, players aren't taking it that way.

sollia
04-30-13, 03:47 AM
And one more thing.

Guys, I know the idea of removing common dragons has become popular with this news. But taking out all the common dragons would ruin breeding. I know you may be thinking about how frustrated you are with that millionth Fruitful/Firestorm/etc, and that's understandable. But without common dragons, breeding wouldn't work. If only rare and super rare dragons existed, then they wouldn't be all that rare.

noir77
04-30-13, 03:53 AM
And one more thing.

Guys, I know the idea of removing common dragons has become popular with this news. But taking out all the common dragons would ruin breeding. I know you may be thinking about how frustrated you are with that millionth Fruitful/Firestorm/etc, and that's understandable. But without common dragons, breeding wouldn't work. If only rare and super rare dragons existed, then they wouldn't be all that rare.

I think the suggestion is to remove the old commons and replace them with new ones that we're not too sick of yet.

sollia
04-30-13, 03:57 AM
I think the suggestion is to remove the old commons and replace them with new ones that we're not too sick of yet.

Okay I can mostly agree with that. And if they behaved like seasonal dragons, then once they're gone they won't be in the album anymore if you don't have them. Then it would still be possible for players to get a full album.

teogionia
04-30-13, 04:29 AM
This is so unbelievable that at First i thought pop up was introducing sale on Quetzal, Its so sad that It soon will be gone, there are lots of people who does not have it, TL makes unfear decisions lately, but removing Diamond hybrit just in 3 days is the best them all, brilliant. Seriously do u believe people will manage to breed it, especialy with tree out? Its your game TL, your rules and we all have choice not to accept it, but be honest to us, give us appropriate time to breed ultra rare dragon

evan003
04-30-13, 04:33 AM
Ya.... its too early to remove a diamond bred dragon... not all are lucky as the ones who got it... still its an ultra rare dragon..

CMCHASE
04-30-13, 05:16 AM
To be blunt, this is bull. Making room for new dragons?? That's a load of lies. This is purely another TL gold trap. "Oh no!! Quetzel will be gone! I have to buy it and spend real money" is what they want you to say. And why? Because TL has been spending more than they are making. STOP!!! TL, make one new dragon every other Thursday - 2 dragons a month. Then you will spend less and have more satisfied players.

I have quetzal already, but if other diamonds that I don't have go limited them I'm out. It's a joke and why woukdninolay some pathetic game where I am unhapp? TL doesn't care about its players - they only care about their player's bank accounts.

I'm trying to get gold dragon - if it goes limited before I get it, I'm out of here

sollia
04-30-13, 05:23 AM
To be blunt, this is bull. Making room for new dragons?? That's a load of lies. This is purely another TL gold trap. "Oh no!! Quetzel will be gone! I have to buy it and spend real money" is what they want you to say. And why? Because TL has been spending more than they are making. STOP!!! TL, make one new dragon every other Thursday - 2 dragons a month. Then you will spend less and have more satisfied players.

I have quetzal already, but if other diamonds that I don't have go limited them I'm out. It's a joke and why woukdninolay some pathetic game where I am unhapp? TL doesn't care about its players - they only care about their player's bank accounts.

I'm trying to get gold dragon - if it goes limited before I get it, I'm out of here

It's funny how they say they're making room, yet for ages people have been saying that there were too many dragons being released.

kwhales
04-30-13, 06:00 AM
Well, after 12 forests, my daughter is sitting through her first dawntree fail. Guess its good it happened while she is at school and can speed it when she gets home and start trying again.

holly_angel
04-30-13, 06:31 AM
Playing since xmas and I dont even have diamond yet, nvm the hybrids! Are all the other diamond hybrids going next? If so ill stop trying. Half the new ones are unattainable anyway since I am only an android player, not valued nearly the same as ios..

SamKanj
04-30-13, 06:33 AM
Can't believe that Quetzel is going!!

He was never meant to be LE.
I am just so afraid if they decide to make other diamond hybrids limited.
This game isn't the same as it used to be!!
Everyday passes the chances of quitting this game is getting higher for me.

Please TL do something about it.
WE DO NOT WANT ANY MORE DIAMOND HYBRIDS TO BE GONE!!

sollia
04-30-13, 06:38 AM
If the other Diamond hybrids go away, I just hope we have more notice.

Quetzal has been around forever, but what about Unicorn or Helios? Those are relatively new.

kbrown0410
04-30-13, 06:40 AM
Any coincidence I have a gold sale today? And not even a good one at that. 20%. More, I might have been tempted to buy enough to get a diamond

holly_angel
04-30-13, 06:46 AM
Can't believe that Quetzel is going!!

He was never meant to be LE.
I am just so afraid if they decide to make other diamond hybrids limited.
This game isn't the same as it used to be!!
Everyday passes the chances of quitting this game is getting higher for me.

Please TL do something about it.
WE DO NOT WANT ANY MORE DIAMOND HYBRIDS TO BE GONE!!

Same here, why try if you never getvthem? TL gave me left and passion before removal, but diamond is still evading me... ready to throw jn the towel

carlsbad69
04-30-13, 06:53 AM
If the other Diamond hybrids go away, I just hope we have more notice.

Quetzal has been around forever, but what about Unicorn or Helios? Those are relatively new.

I've been playing so long...I remember when Quetzal was released!

badger8
04-30-13, 07:26 AM
Anyone know how much longer until it's gone? I can't seem to locate a timer.

scottyhaha
04-30-13, 07:30 AM

2 days

Mani_Sari
04-30-13, 07:38 AM
I'm still missing a mercury, I think I better try to get that next, it's beside quetzal in the market lol. I wanted another quetzal, but that stupid dawn tree is still around making it more difficult.

plby
04-30-13, 07:42 AM

there's a timer on page 11, would've posted a link but my phone refuses to cooperate :p

badger8
04-30-13, 07:43 AM
there's a timer on page 11, would've posted a link but my phone refuses to cooperate :p
thank you!

hamadrys
04-30-13, 07:51 AM
Working on Gold right now...just in case.

xoam0re
04-30-13, 07:53 AM
Working on Gold right now...just in case.

me too... working on all of them actually.

Ryu99
04-30-13, 07:56 AM
This is unfair. How can i get an ultra rare in 2 days time with a failure chance of 26 hours (dawntree). This is not cool TL. Quetzal is not seasonal dragon nor limited in the first place. Why you guys intend to remove it? I see a lot of my neibours quit playing this game. Maybe they are fed up with the way you twisted things lately! Pls TL bring back DS to normal.

jmterao
04-30-13, 07:57 AM
I think they are getting rid of the old dragons because they do not cost as much to get to epic.

rubyjeen
04-30-13, 08:02 AM
Quetzal Dragon is now limited. Hopefully, everyone will be able to hatch one before it's gone! We do appreciate your feedback on the decision to make this limited and we will pass it along to our game team. Thank you! :)

I don't understand why this is being eliminated, but my biggest concern and complaint is that even though I've had my diamond for a few months now I kept concentrating on all the seasonal and limited dragons that ended up being available for months longer than originally thought. We should at least be given a couple of weeks to get Quetzal, not just two days. This is not at all unreasonable! I buy gold off and on but in large amounts when I really want a dragon, so I can speed up breedings etc. I don't buy the dragons because the whole point of the game is to try and breed them. I would spend a lot less gold just buying them than I spent actually playing the game. Please give us a reasonable amount of time to get a dragon that you all of a suddenly decide to randomly get rid of. Otherwise there is no reason to play this game if we don't have reasonable notice when a particular dragon is leaving so we can concentrate on it.

Anyuszko
04-30-13, 08:04 AM
My success rare, pairing diamond with forest:

3 forest dragon
Then a dawntree
6 more forest dragon
Then the quetzal

hamadrys
04-30-13, 08:04 AM
I agree. 3 or 4 days is not enough. Especially with the Dawn tree fail. I could see it being quick without it, but not anymore.

rosewaterlily
04-30-13, 08:08 AM
Yeesh, TL really wants all the free players to quit, that's for sure. I've been losing interest since the impossible night hybrids came out and haven't even bothered trying for mythic or cosmic and their dumb 6 million habitats that only hold 5000 coins (I have 45 million coins but it's the principle of the matter). I have a quetzal already so I'll be trying for the gold/mercury/angel dragons for the foreseeable future. As soon my dark angel wizard fail gets out of the den, anyway.

chiefdragon
04-30-13, 08:44 AM
I just got a dawn tree fail. I refuse to speed breed anymore. I'll probably miss the chance to get a quetzal and all the other upcoming LE dragons. I'm just playing this game because of my neighbors who visits me and give me gifts daily.

aceblade
04-30-13, 08:47 AM
Boosted Breed for this one?
Anyone find it's helpful or just a waste of coins?

Stovros
04-30-13, 08:52 AM
This is my first time coming to this forum in eight months of playing Dragon Story. I literally, finally, just got my Diamond Dragon over the weekend. Now you're discontinuing an end game hybrid, a REGULAR SERIES DRAGON, not a seasonal, but a REGULAR dragon that players strive to have after finally breaking into the diamond class. This decision makes no sense, nor do your explanations. Eight months to get my diamond dragon and now you cancel the regular diamond hybrids? You've churned out far more new dragons than necessary lately, PLEASE don't get rid of the end game dreams of so many players.

yayacupcake
04-30-13, 08:52 AM
I got mine after clearing 5 Dawn Tree fails and clearing out my nests and breeding den ( which had the cosmic dragon YAY ), cost me around 300g to do it. I would've been able to buy a Clockwork Dragon, which is not obtainable to me otherwise. Ugh, TL really screwed up making this limited with such a short timer. I shouldn't have had to do that, I should have been able to get the Clockwork Dragon ( I have a problem with this as well as I should've been able to obtain it somehow, but this is another issue ).

Poor communication once again by TL. I really wish they'd let us know what they are trying to accomplish, right now they're accomplishing confusion and frustration.

vmerani
04-30-13, 08:54 AM
From everything I have read about this, my understanding is that the reason is because the quetzal was evaluated as being the next best choice. But on what grounds? Because it has a low bred rate? And would that be because it's so difficult for people to get the diamond dragon to be able to breed any of its hybrids?

Why take away a dragon that was not limited or seasonal? What makes anyone think it is fair to take away a dragon that was NOT labeled as limited?

Does this mean that with the release of all these dozens of pointless dragons, such as the dawn tree dragon, that you're going to get rid of the forest dragon? Is the peacock replacing magic? Does this sound ridiculous? Because to me, it sounds the same as getting rid of the quetzal dragon. There isn't even another diamond/forest hybrid. Or is that coming with the 52 new dragons you'll release in May? Or maybe you'll remove diamond altogether!

Why did you change the pace of releasing dragons? Months ago, it used to be fine.

jonathanharker
04-30-13, 09:03 AM
Does this mean Anibus will be the next do go? They added Dawntree as a new Quetzal fail and the only other element like that right now is Magic with the new Peacock fail.

sunkalito
04-30-13, 09:04 AM
Does this mean Anibus will be the next do go? They added Dawntree as a new Quetzal fail and the only other element like that right now is Magic with the new Peacock fail.

Seems logical.

AuntyRose32
04-30-13, 09:15 AM
This is my first time coming to this forum in eight months of playing Dragon Story. I literally, finally, just got my Diamond Dragon over the weekend. Now you're discontinuing an end game hybrid, a REGULAR SERIES DRAGON, not a seasonal, but a REGULAR dragon that players strive to have after finally breaking into the diamond class. This decision makes no sense, nor do your explanations. Eight months to get my diamond dragon and now you cancel the regular diamond hybrids? You've churned out far more new dragons than necessary lately, PLEASE don't get rid of the end game dreams of so many players.

Exactly how I feel, I've yet to get my diamond and obviously looked forward to breeding the hybrids but now what's the point if they're going to be discontinuing diamond's hybrids, ....makes no sense to me. What's next to go, because it's obviously not just seasonal content anymore? It's all very disappointing to say the least.

krissy5000
04-30-13, 09:17 AM
I don't think this move has anything at all to do with customer feedback, that just makes no sense at all. What, have masses of players been emailing TL to ask them to remove the Quetzal dragon? I really doubt that's the case, and that's not why this is happening. I think some players probably got it right earlier in the thread, that it's about switching these diamond hybrids out for new ones that are lower-earning and need lots more food, to keep the game challenging. That, to me, makes a ton of sense and is actually pretty reasonable. I just wish they'd tell us as much, or even something close, instead of treating us like we're stupid.

Also, the way they went about this was really terrible, in giving us no notice at all. Before this one we didn't even know it was an option to lose dragons that didn't start out as limited, so to have this sprung on us now is pretty unfair, and just seems like a gold grab. The sad part is, it's gonna work.

Autorithy
04-30-13, 09:19 AM
We should start making crusaders before they publish some 30 hours dragon with fire element only cos that will be the next step with poutting the crusader limited
This is just RIDICULOUS!!! and possibly all diamond hybrids going LE as well.Another bad move TL! They said theyre doing this to make

space on market because they know that there`s so many dragons but how come they dont increase the habitats?!!! Why quetzal how

about that ugly dawntree instead?or the ugly magic,coral,fruitful! TL you guys are making your players very unhappy!

DragonTan1
04-30-13, 09:21 AM
Quetzal shouldn't be going, but it is so why isn't the timer for 7 days... 2 days isn't long enough! Obviously TL want people to use lots of gold to speed up Dawn Tree fails! Once Quetzal goes Dawn Tree will probably be next.

Autorithy
04-30-13, 09:30 AM
No they want you to buy the dragon LOL

Baraze
04-30-13, 09:53 AM
I tried to go for a third quetzal but after 30 forest fails I grew bored and gave up. I'm now trying to see if I can get another mercury. I tried for a second Anubis a few days ago but grew agitated with the long fail times. This is horrible.

Mani_Sari
04-30-13, 10:10 AM
Once Quetzal goes Dawn Tree will probably be next.

I hope so, unless Crusader is next, or worse Mercury!

queenlynnethethird
04-30-13, 10:57 AM
Hadn't even considered Quetzal because I just got my diamond. But I decided to try today and got about 30 forest fails and then 2 26 hour Dawn tree fails. I've decided that I just don't need Quetzal. I didn't get Easter after so many firestorm fails and guess what? I survived. Lol.

yayacupcake
04-30-13, 11:03 AM
Hadn't even considered Quetzal because I just got my diamond. But I decided to try today and got about 30 forest fails and then 2 26 hour Dawn tree fails. I've decided that I just don't need Quetzal. I didn't get Easter after so many firestorm fails and guess what? I survived. Lol.

Have no problem with them deciding to remove Quetzal, what I have issues with though is lack of communication about it. An abrupt 2 day timer is a slap in the face to everyone. And it sets a nasty precedence... I ask you this... What's next?

Autorithy
04-30-13, 11:11 AM
Next will be some 30 hours dragon with fire only element for sure

yayacupcake
04-30-13, 11:25 AM
Next will be some 30 hours dragon with fire only element for sure

Definitely, I'm going to go for Crusader next. Before DA and Helios this was my favorite looking dragon. I really don't want to have to deal with a long fail timer. Better hurry up...

Dairenna
04-30-13, 11:30 AM
I tried for most of last night getting the Quetzal but I'm lucky enough to have a diamond.

What about the players that DON'T? I know when I first started and saw how difficult diamond and it's hybrids were to get it gave me cause to want to breed them. I thought it was cool that there was this special color that you could focus on at the end of the game. END OF THE GAME, meaning once you had all the duel color, non-splitting types. Meaning once you had the extra gold to spend on habitats and food because it's darned expensive. You know, END OF THE GAME.

Quetzal WAS NEVER marked as seasonal so should NOT be the next one going. If anything it should have been Dawntree.

Besides, if you want to keep the marketplace clean, STOP MAKING A NEW DRAGON (or two) EVERY WEEK! There are still TONS of people on here who are working on getting the full set (114 for IOS, 84 for Android), we don't need a dragon every week. It takes long enough to breed one a month when it's new.

What we NEED are features across all platforms all being up to date. That means Kindle and Android players being able to do what IOS players can do. What we NEED is a less stressful, money-grabbing game that's fun again. Every time a new dragon goes limited I have to drop whatever I'm doing to try and get it. that's NOT fun. It's freaking annoying.

STOP LIMITING DRAGONS, especially when they're part of an actual set that's not even seasonal. I can understand Easter and the Passion set because both those holidays are gone. Heck, I understand the Halloween and thanksgiving Dragons being gone.

What I can't understand is breaking the set of a dragon only SOME players have. This is THE WORST decision made by TL so far, espcially since we're only given TWO DAYS. People who don't have the diamond have to hope they can breed one first try, speed it up, then hope they DON'T get a Dawntree. How is that even possible?

And a question, if we're a small percentage of players, where are all the others? Do you have some super secret website out there where people can leave feedback? BTW, even the SMALLEST percentage of players should count for something and I find it hard to believe that ANY player (besides the guy with six of the Quetzal up there) would want a diamond hybrid to disappear.

Stovros
04-30-13, 11:34 AM
Dairenna is 100% correct in a much more expansive post than mine a few pages back on the same topic/sentiments. Come on TL, this is the worst decision you've made in a long line of bad decisions recently. This is an end game goal that everyone strives towards and you're getting rid of them in favor of an over-abundance of new dragons that no one has the time to get before they expire? This is absurd and asinine in every sense. PLEASE DO NOT GET RID OF THE DIAMOND HYBRIDS. I finally got a diamond dragon after playing this game for 8 months and now this is happening. Come on.

scottyhaha
04-30-13, 11:39 AM
Nice, very nice move that TL made. There is no way to get this dragon without spend golds to speed up. And if you don't have a diamond you need to buy one.

yayacupcake
04-30-13, 11:45 AM
Nice, very nice move that TL made. There is no way to get this dragon without spend golds to speed up. And if you don't have a diamond you need to buy one.

TL is just money-grabbing. First they overlapped the timers on limited edition dragons and started sweepstakes, then they re-designed the timers ( stopclock ) and market to be MORE of a gold trap. It's extremely shady business tactics to trick you into spending gold / real money, instead of genuinely offering content that is purchase worthy. Definitely sad the game is turning out this way.

wolftiger1234
04-30-13, 11:54 AM
Since this had happened, my mom sister and brother along with 3 friends that I play with all have stopped playing. That's 6 people that used to love this game, look forward to playing it, and now it's deleted and won't be reinstalled. I'm probably next to delete this game. How is it suppose to be a free game if its modified so you have to buy things to archive goals? No way. TL have sunk to the lowest of low and it's only a matter of time before more and more ppl stop playing

abde123
04-30-13, 12:21 PM
Is he coming back or a new Dragon diamond forest is coming out ? Plz tell if you know :(

TyPat77
04-30-13, 12:30 PM
I got my first Diamond dragon two days ago at level 93. Imagine my excitement at finally getting the one dragon that I've wanted since I began playing many months ago. And now, I cannot believe the timing in this. Why is this happening? Even if the Quetzal was to be removed, why was it only given such a short window of opportunity? My Diamond dragon won't even be able to breed by the time the Quetzal is gone.

RotomGuy
04-30-13, 12:34 PM
Congratulations TL, this is probably the worst move you've ever made~

queenlynnethethird
04-30-13, 12:37 PM
Have no problem with them deciding to remove Quetzal, what I have issues with though is lack of communication about it. An abrupt 2 day timer is a slap in the face to everyone. And it sets a nasty precedence... I ask you this... What's next?

I agree with you! I would love to have this dragon. I'm just so tired of trying over and over just to get the same ridiculous long fails. I'm just not going to stress about it ever again. I feel if they are going to retire a dragon they could at least make it easier to get in those last few days. And I don't want to spend another dime on something that I have no chance of breeding. I refuse to buy the dragons because that just takes the fun and the challenge out of it. So frustrating

dragfed
04-30-13, 12:38 PM
I feel like I'm having d?j? vu.... where have I experienced this before? Oh yeah! Back when everyone played FarmVille! Haha It was once the most popular game on Facebook; now I don't know anyone who still plays it. Seems like DS is following in their footsteps. FV also started out challenging, but fun; with goals that required lots of game play but were attainable, much like DS. But, when they started to constantly release new content that took forever to earn or required "hefty" amounts of real money for limited edition items, it didn't take long for the popularity to die. It was criticized for "being designed to create an atmosphere of negativity, requiring an unprecedented commitment to the game, and encouraging users to exploit their friends." I'm so sad that DS seems to be doing the same thing! :( at least games like FV have objectives that can be attained when the required actions are taken; in DS it's all "luck", and no matter how much you play you may NEVER reach your goals. Suddenly, the goals that some of us have been working towards for more than a year are being taken away (and with little- to no notice)! It doesn't seem like a good business strategy to me, but I'm not a game designer. I guess we'll have to see how this plays out for them.

vmerani
04-30-13, 12:44 PM
I'm so glad you deleted my post, because while there was absolutely nothing in it that required removing, it's more proof that you do not care what your players think!

Autorithy
04-30-13, 12:56 PM
that was nerfed, th epassion can't breed anymore
Diamond x passion = infinity confirmed. Now I have to sell it.

Autorithy
04-30-13, 12:59 PM
It's not even that smart of TL, if they remove the diamond hybrids none will renew the (useless) dimond mine
Dairenna is 100% correct in a much more expansive post than mine a few pages back on the same topic/sentiments. Come on TL, this is the worst decision you've made in a long line of bad decisions recently. This is an end game goal that everyone strives towards and you're getting rid of them in favor of an over-abundance of new dragons that no one has the time to get before they expire? This is absurd and asinine in every sense. PLEASE DO NOT GET RID OF THE DIAMOND HYBRIDS. I finally got a diamond dragon after playing this game for 8 months and now this is happening. Come on.

Baraze
04-30-13, 01:01 PM
Another maintainence. Wonder what's being fixed or coming up. ALL the hybrids will be limited! Dweebs.

Lolas_Kryptonite
04-30-13, 01:04 PM
Another maintainence. Wonder what's being fixed or coming up. ALL the hybrids will be limited! Dweebs.

Nah! Probably just Diamond.

Autorithy
04-30-13, 01:04 PM
lol I don't want the quetzal to disappear at all, I love the quetzal , why I have 6, I got them long time ago tho, before to get the diamond mine, after I got the mine I didn't get any hybrids anymore, I like the quetzal better than crusader, it pays off many more coins
I tried for most of last night getting the Quetzal but I'm lucky enough to have a diamond.

What about the players that DON'T? I know when I first started and saw how difficult diamond and it's hybrids were to get it gave me cause to want to breed them. I thought it was cool that there was this special color that you could focus on at the end of the game. END OF THE GAME, meaning once you had all the duel color, non-splitting types. Meaning once you had the extra gold to spend on habitats and food because it's darned expensive. You know, END OF THE GAME.

Quetzal WAS NEVER marked as seasonal so should NOT be the next one going. If anything it should have been Dawntree.

Besides, if you want to keep the marketplace clean, STOP MAKING A NEW DRAGON (or two) EVERY WEEK! There are still TONS of people on here who are working on getting the full set (114 for IOS, 84 for Android), we don't need a dragon every week. It takes long enough to breed one a month when it's new.

What we NEED are features across all platforms all being up to date. That means Kindle and Android players being able to do what IOS players can do. What we NEED is a less stressful, money-grabbing game that's fun again. Every time a new dragon goes limited I have to drop whatever I'm doing to try and get it. that's NOT fun. It's freaking annoying.

STOP LIMITING DRAGONS, especially when they're part of an actual set that's not even seasonal. I can understand Easter and the Passion set because both those holidays are gone. Heck, I understand the Halloween and thanksgiving Dragons being gone.

What I can't understand is breaking the set of a dragon only SOME players have. This is THE WORST decision made by TL so far, espcially since we're only given TWO DAYS. People who don't have the diamond have to hope they can breed one first try, speed it up, then hope they DON'T get a Dawntree. How is that even possible?

And a question, if we're a small percentage of players, where are all the others? Do you have some super secret website out there where people can leave feedback? BTW, even the SMALLEST percentage of players should count for something and I find it hard to believe that ANY player (besides the guy with six of the Quetzal up there) would want a diamond hybrid to disappear.

Autorithy
04-30-13, 01:12 PM
It's really sad I can't make more quetzals, I gave a try on the diamond mine to get more diamond hybrids but I didn't get any and I was thinking to stick on quetzals and crusaders but now I'm stuck with our beloved fat magic dragon cos of the last anubis fail, I think I'm going to stick on crusaders untill they remove that too or put some 30 hours fire dragon

Autorithy
04-30-13, 01:15 PM
I don't expect anything good from updates, TL is being very self destructive lately

sollia
04-30-13, 01:18 PM
I can't really understand any of the decisions TL has made lately.

Yes, we've established that they are trying to get more money. I just don't understand how they don't see that this is hurting way more than it helps.

Stovros
04-30-13, 01:24 PM
What I don't understand is how these concerns, or, the widespread backlash against TL's decisions are always swept under the rug. Dozens of pages on topics like this that will continue to grow, yet we get no real dialogue with TL. Someone might pop their head in once or twice simply to reiterate TL's position or to offer half-hearted appeals for forgiveness and understanding, but no real dialogue. No real addressing of the massive amount concern, frustration, and anger. No taking on of the numerous well-constructed arguments contained in these pages. No engaging with the public, except to delete posts that they find troublesome. I do not understand how you can do this and think it a good practice.

Syphar
04-30-13, 01:25 PM
Dear TL,

I'm gonna start off by saying thx for all the new dragons, they're coming in a bit too fast though and considering they eat as much as they do I'm suggesting you're adding them all so fast to get more people to buy more gold. I think you could check your records and see that I'm one of those who bought alot of gold at times. However I'm gonna critizise you (TL, Storm8) for exactly what the topic of my thread says; you're removing dragons as fast as you're adding new ones. Now of course the seasonal dragons which were the ones you removed first was logic, absolutely no harm done there, but now you're removing the Quetzal Dragon which is the only diamond-forest-hybrid; so it seems like you will remove all the diamond dragons? It doesn't really make any sense already even before I've gotten down to the point, does it?

My point is you're evening out the number of dragons in the game instead of increasing them, and I'm sorry to say that it's not only a bad idea, but in fact the thought behind it all is also bad business ethics. Now you'll probably think I'm some dumb-*** kid, but that doesn't matter because we all know that's not true. Then again, I'm also one of those customers you really don't wanna lose.

So after all this whining (but also with questions I would like an answer to) I'm gonna get down to my last point.
Goodbye & thank you for the time when Dragon Story was well worth every penny.
/Syphar & syphar08

Autorithy
04-30-13, 01:29 PM
I really feel guilty for having brought lots of ppl into this game

sollia
04-30-13, 01:39 PM
I really feel guilty for having brought lots of ppl into this game

Don't say that. You're clearly not the one at fault there. *pointed look at TL*

[S8] Elsa
04-30-13, 01:49 PM
The Quetzal Dragon will eventually return to the game after it has enjoyed a relaxing vacation. Please continue sharing your feedback and letting the Quetzal Dragon know how much it'll be missed and we'll see if we can speed up the vacation. :3

DragonTan1
04-30-13, 01:51 PM
The Quetzal Dragon will eventually return to the game after it has enjoyed a relaxing vacation. Please continue sharing your feedback and letting the Quetzal Dragon know how much it'll be missed and we'll see if we can speed up the vacation. :3

So it is just for a little while? This is great news, thanks!

sollia
04-30-13, 01:52 PM

SAY WHAT?

That's the first I've heard that it's coming back! Are you sure, Pony? I'm afraid to believe that.

DragonTan1
04-30-13, 01:52 PM

Good news for once!

OpeningCeremony
04-30-13, 01:53 PM
Good news for once!

yay! you beat me to the punch.

noir77
04-30-13, 01:53 PM

Thanks for the information. Lol though, limited removal?

OpeningCeremony
04-30-13, 01:54 PM
i kinda sat there reading the reply and had to blink for a bit wondering if i was hallucinating.

Stovros
04-30-13, 01:55 PM
I'm skeptical. What's the point of taking it away at all? All the explanations have been completely unsatisfactory and I defer back to the point of my last post. They should jump in here and address the arguments and concerns.

sollia
In a way that's slimy too. They let us believe that it's going away forever, which means more people panicked to snag one.

Or maybe they actually listened to us and revised their original plan.

I don't know which I believe.

krissy5000

Hmm. So now the question is, was Quetzal always going to return or is this a course correction due to overwhelming negative feedback?

annbluebird
Good news for once!

Dont be happy too fast ! the post says "EVENTUALLY"

Lolas_Kryptonite
*rolls eyes*

Stovros
04-30-13, 01:56 PM
In a way that's slimy too. They let us believe that it's going away forever, which means more people panicked to snag one.

Agreed.

Baraze
04-30-13, 01:57 PM
Good news for once!

I don't understand. Why not remove more useless dragons and let this one stay? People are still without this dragons and some wouldn't be missed as much. Cough (island) cough. I think this excuse is just to shut us up.

midnightmeerkat
04-30-13, 01:57 PM

The thought crossed my mind.........

netwiz
04-30-13, 01:58 PM

That's even MORE disappointing statement to me then the sudden abrubt removal of Quetzal to the game! What you are basically telling the fanbase is that TL is intentionally deceiving it's customers in order to attempt to get MORE gold purchases from them(By stating it is limited edition and to get it before it vanishes), and then will likely boost it's cost and feeding when you bring it back to make additional money from those who didn't bite on the first invite.

If you wanted to be honest with your fanbase, the banner could have said Quetzal was going on a "relaxing vacation" instead of trying to manipulate people into buying the dragon ASAP.

DragonTan1
04-30-13, 01:58 PM
i kinda sat there reading the reply and had to blink for a bit wondering if i was hallucinating.

lol I just thought about it.. are they removing Quetzal to remove the Diamond element? Reduce the coins it gets? It's good news but when it returns it might not be the same... oh well I guess even dragons change. :p This is strange but I'm interested to see where they're going with this...

krissy5000
04-30-13, 01:59 PM
So what do you guys think, did they just neglect to mention it was just temporary before, or are they actually backtracking on the decision? If so, maybe it wasn't just the 'small fraction' here on the forum that were upset about it?

Lolas_Kryptonite
04-30-13, 02:00 PM

They stopped listening a while ago.

Perhaps this was there intention all along. How many posts have you read where people have sped up 2/3 trees in hope to get Queztal? And now it's going on vacation? Awwwww, how sweet!
NOT.

Personally, I don't even know what to believe anymore.

DragonTan1
04-30-13, 02:01 PM

I don't think they expected so many of us to be annoyed with this and decided not to take it away completely... I hope they don't do this to the other Diamond hybrids too.

yayacupcake

So can I get a refund of the 300 gold I lost speed breeding trying to get this based on bad information that was provided?

midnightmeerkat
So what do you guys think, did they just neglect to mention it was just temporary before, or are they actually backtracking on the decision? If so, maybe it wasn't just the 'small fraction' here on the forum that were upset about it?
*shrug/confused*

sollia
04-30-13, 02:03 PM
So can I get a refund of the 300 gold I lost speed breeding trying to get this based on bad information that was provided?

Haha, you're funny.

But in all seriousness, they won't do that. It's wrong and pretty enraging but it's the policy they've always gone by.

yayacupcake
04-30-13, 02:04 PM
Haha, you're funny.

But in all seriousness, they won't do that. It's wrong and pretty enraging but it's the policy they've always gone by.

Kinda figured they do this but didn't want to risk it. It's just horrible how TL never communicates to us.

midnightmeerkat
04-30-13, 02:06 PM

I have long since decided that I am not going to panic when they make a dragon limited and either speed breed or buy the dragon

DragonTan1
04-30-13, 02:09 PM
Kinda figured they do this but didn't want to risk it. It's just horrible how TL never communicates to us.

Agreed! They never release information because they were counting on people to use gold to hurry up and get it before it goes... too bad you were one of them. TL uses very dirty tricks and it isn't fair...

[S8] Elsa
04-30-13, 02:21 PM

If you're unhappy with the Dragon, please email support@teamlava.com and our Support team will look into this further. :)

Hmm. So now the question is, was Quetzal always going to return or is this a course correction due to overwhelming negative feedback?

It is a response to feedback. We didn't quite realize how much Quetzal would be missed! We hope that Quetzal's vacation is good news for those who want more opportunities to earn this Dragon in the future. We don't know when the vacation will end, so those that don't want to wait may want to snap him up now. But, he will eventually return to the game.

yayacupcake
04-30-13, 02:22 PM
I have long since decided that I am not going to panic when they make a dragon limited and either speed breed or buy the dragon

Yeah and I've never done it before either but this one wasn't seasonal or tied to any holiday. What are we supposed to believe? Do I assume the pop-up saying that Quetzal going away is a lie and won't return? And really... if it's going away when would it make sense to bring it back? I'd probably say since it's Mayan looking, then it will be brought back once the new Mayan calendar comes out...

igames4me
04-30-13, 02:27 PM
But those s that dont come to the forum think it will go away forever since they see the pop up
Can you put in a pop up that states its just going on vacation and not gone forever ?

Since forum users are only a small part of your players ... Only 1% will know but what about the 99% that don't come to forum

yayacupcake
04-30-13, 02:30 PM
But those s that dont come to the forum think it will go away forever since they see the pop up
Can you put in a pop up that states its just going on vacation and not gone forever ?

Since forum users are only a small part of your players ... Only 1% will know but what about the 99% that don't come to forum

99% * gold being bought to get this on bad info = $$

krissy5000
04-30-13, 02:39 PM
If you're unhappy with the Dragon, please email support@teamlava.com and our Support team will look into this further. :)

It is a response to feedback. We didn't quite realize how much Quetzal would be missed! We hope that Quetzal's vacation is good news for those who want more opportunities to earn this Dragon in the future. We don't know when the vacation will end, so those that don't want to wait may want to snap him up now. But, he will eventually return to the game.

I do appreciate your response, and it's good to hear you guys sometimes make changes based on negative feedback. Can the next one be the double gold costs that myself and many other players have been hit with? :(

DragonTan1
04-30-13, 02:40 PM

Those who don't check the forum should, it's not TL's problem if they don't... but I agree with you, there should be a pop up saying that ''Quetzal will be back'' as they have a right to know.

sollia
04-30-13, 02:42 PM

Okay, I was thinking and it could be even worse.

They let us believe Quetzal was leaving forever. What if that was never the plan? It's a win-win for TL. They get the initial panic purchases AND they get to pat themselves on the back because they listened to the community feedback.

yayacupcake
04-30-13, 02:48 PM
Okay, I was thinking and it could be even worse.

They let us believe Quetzal was leaving forever. What if that was never the plan? It's a win-win for TL. They get the initial panic purchases AND they get to pat themselves on the back because they listened to the community feedback.

And upset the community, making many decide to quit, tarnishing their credibility. Think it hurts more than it helps really.

yayacupcake
04-30-13, 02:53 PM

So who's the next diamond hybrid needing a vacation? You know, so we can pack their bags accordingly.

kwhales
04-30-13, 02:57 PM
So who's the next diamond hybrid needing a vacation? You know, so we can pack their bags accordingly.

How long is this vacation? A visit to Disney World or a world tour? Did you pack one suitcase or their whole wardrobe?

xoam0re
04-30-13, 02:57 PM

LOL.... i laughed out loud so hard at this.

sollia
04-30-13, 03:00 PM

Stop spoiling the dragons! They can do it themselves!

;)

davewin
04-30-13, 03:02 PM
Yes, Crusader is the easiest one.

I think you could do with a few more! So many Diamond habitats, how many dragons are you missing?
Dark Angel and the diamond water one.

kwhales
04-30-13, 03:08 PM

Poor little mercury, always being forgotten.

waywardmars
04-30-13, 03:34 PM

This is definitely good to hear, PonyRoar, and thanks for passing that along. I love snakes (I'm a weirdo that way) so Quetzal is definitely on my to-get list.

midnightmeerkat
04-30-13, 03:36 PM

How long is this vacation? A visit to Disney World or a world tour? Did you pack one suitcase or their whole wardrobe?

LOL.... i laughed out loud so hard at this.
Rofl!! Me too!

DragonTan1
04-30-13, 03:39 PM

Those were my last two, hopefully you get Mercury before DA... I didn't and Water/Diamond combo was boring.

henrylucky
04-30-13, 03:39 PM

Thanks, so it just a vacation!

carlsbad69
04-30-13, 03:54 PM
With the change of Infinity to a Eunuch (unable to breed), I'd be looking for it to be next to disappear if the trend continues.

knj00
04-30-13, 03:55 PM
I am happy they are going to have this return and I hope it is just as it was with no changes....

This goes to show that TL does listen to the customers sometimes and that is something great. So a big Thank You to TL. <3

allenomg
04-30-13, 04:02 PM
whee + i didnt know dawntrees were trade worthy XD

yayacupcake
04-30-13, 04:09 PM
I am happy they are going to have this return and I hope it is just as it was with no changes....

This goes to show that TL does listen to the customers sometimes and that is something great. So a big Thank You to TL. <3

Hopefully it shows that this is not the right path to go. It's great that they were listening though. I'll leave it at that.

jrocket97
04-30-13, 04:13 PM
"The Quetzal Dragon will eventually return to the game after it has enjoyed a relaxing vacation. Please continue sharing your feedback and letting the Quetzal Dragon know how much it'll be missed and we'll see if we can speed up the vacation. :3"

Why does it NEED a vacation? Not only is it the sole Diamond + Green hybrid, but it's not linked to any holiday at all. It's been around since "Ancient History" so why on Earth would it disappear now? Use your head once every hundered years or so, Team Lava.

sollia
04-30-13, 04:20 PM
"The Quetzal Dragon will eventually return to the game after it has enjoyed a relaxing vacation. Please continue sharing your feedback and letting the Quetzal Dragon know how much it'll be missed and we'll see if we can speed up the vacation. :3"

Why does it NEED a vacation? Not only is it the sole Diamond + Green hybrid, but it's not linked to any holiday at all. It's been around since "Ancient History" so why on Earth would it disappear now? Use your head once every hundered years or so, Team Lava.

It's bad enough that we thought for a while it's permanent. If they just said "oh hey nvm" then the people who bought it would be even more upset than they already are.

bryanjdbalot
04-30-13, 04:23 PM
After all the bad complaints today ofcourse theyre saying now its only going for vacation but earlier they said to make the market clean etc and hve space.

Vacation?lol why not just leave it in the market if its goin to come back anyway...I get you guys when you said theyre so many dragons now

with all these new ones,but how come u guys don`t increase habitats then???

codenameraven
04-30-13, 04:44 PM
THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR ALMOST A YEAR FOR DIAMOND!! Now because I am unlucky this not cool......they are going to start cancelling out non-seaonal dragons!!!! Not okay!!

EvanaC
04-30-13, 05:16 PM
Are the other diamond hybrids ***na "take a vacation"? -_-'

sunkalito
04-30-13, 05:33 PM
Oh dear gosh. I hope it's temporary. Pony, I'll get you special glitter polish for your hooves for bringing positive news! This change of heart is a reaction to our uproar, people. :)

sunkalito
04-30-13, 05:35 PM
It's bad enough that we thought for a while it's permanent. If they just said "oh hey nvm" then the people who bought it would be even more upset than they already are.

I understand that. But still relieved, so relieved, because i never had a chance at it before.

[S8] Elsa
04-30-13, 05:43 PM
Those who don't check the forum should, it's not TL's problem if they don't... but I agree with you, there should be a pop up saying that ''Quetzal will be back'' as they have a right to know.

We're excited to see so much enthusiasm for the Quetzal Dragon! We'll try to update the Quetzal announcement as soon as possible so that you can rest easy when you see that he's just taking a short break and will return to the game at a later time. The Quetzal is taking a vacation after the sale ends, so we can continue to make room for new Dragons for you to enjoy.

Also, thanks for sharing your feedback about the uniqueness of the Quetzal Dragon. We understand that obtaining a rare dragon is a hard-earned accomplishment, so we will try to avoid using Diamond dragons for future Limited Time Dragons. Thanks again, everyone!

allenomg
04-30-13, 05:55 PM
i got a dawntree on my first try right after breeding another dawntree y___y

noir77
04-30-13, 05:56 PM
Great news:)

elwood99
04-30-13, 05:58 PM
Tq TL. Pls bring quartzal back ASAP.

wolftiger1234
04-30-13, 06:03 PM
Sooo....can I stop trying to get my quetzal back and work on other stuff? How long is this 'vacation' going to be?

Torachan1980
04-30-13, 06:06 PM

Start trying for a quetzal. I guarantee you'll get one. Probably four.

wolftiger1234
04-30-13, 06:10 PM
Start trying for a quetzal. I guarantee you'll get one. Probably four.

Just got my second one while trying for quetzal so it brings my total up to 4 :/....

mariba1556
04-30-13, 06:11 PM
I just got it. It is another 25 hours. But it said that it will goon vacation in 1 day and 15 hours . Do I need to have an egg before it will disaper? Or does it mean I can hatch it before it is gone? Please help. Don't want to lose this one. My times are not decreased like for some

cuzicouldyay
04-30-13, 06:12 PM
Whyyyyyyyy? D: I only have crusader, are all diamond hybrids going away?

mariba1556
04-30-13, 06:19 PM
I just got it. It is another 25 hours. But it said that it will goon vacation in 1 day and 15 hours . Do I need to have an egg before it will disaper? Or does it mean I can hatch it before it is gone? Please help. Don't want to lose this one. My times are not decreased like for some

Never mind I think it is a dawn tree

Torachan1980
04-30-13, 06:19 PM
with the change of infinity to a eunuch (unable to breed), i'd be looking for it to be next to disappear if the trend continues.

bwahahahaha!

Torachan1980
04-30-13, 06:22 PM

As long as the breeding has be*** before the timer runs out, you're ok. You won't loose it. Even if it's 1 minute til the timer runs out when you see the 32 hour breed time, you still get your quetzal.

tuskmage
04-30-13, 06:58 PM
We're excited to see so much enthusiasm for the Quetzal Dragon! We'll try to update the Quetzal announcement as soon as possible so that you can rest easy when you see that he's just taking a short break and will return to the game at a later time. The Quetzal is taking a vacation after the sale ends, so we can continue to make room for new Dragons for you to enjoy.

Also, thanks for sharing your feedback about the uniqueness of the Quetzal Dragon. We understand that obtaining a rare dragon is a hard-earned accomplishment, so we will try to avoid using Diamond dragons for future Limited Time Dragons. Thanks again, everyone!
Have a nice vacation Quetzal, hope TL treat you a trip to Cancun, because I know TL could afford it & you deserve it :) Enjoy your vacation & don?t worry about rush back until the **** tree ? Dawn tree? is gone :P Just make sure you are coming back.

Whatever the excuse is. I?m applaud the decision that you are making TL. Like I said before I don?t really care about Quetzal 1: I already have this dragon. 2: Personally I think Quetzal is the worse designed of all the diamond hybrid, however some player find it loveable. Anyhow this dragon never mean to leave DS since it was introduced so we like to keep it that way.

I can?t speak for other, What I want as a player is I want to trust a company that I been put my real money in to supporting it. Well it?s by choice, it?s a free game we all know that. But without a group of true loyal $$$ supporter, there won?t be too many free update to keep the free player entertain. There for I hope this is a lesson to be learn from all of us. If there is a change like that ever happen again I truly hope TL will communicate with us, maybe there?s a programming issue that need to make those necessary change who know. Just give us a chance to voice our opinions.

We can?t complain about if we can?t get a limited dragon in time. Because it is what it is, limited means limited if we can?t get it too bad. However, if a dragon introduced as a breedable & is not a limited dragon please keep that way. TL just need to keep their words & stand behind their products that?s all we are asking.

Last but not least please look into the Double cost for some of us. We never got a good explanation about it. Is it going to stay that way or there is a chance it going to reverse? That?s all I need to know. I just don?t get how TL going to benefit from doing it. Because I already stop speed breeding since the cost went double, it taking 40 gold for a Magic failure is just insane?Maybe there is people could afford to do so, but not me & I believe there?s not too many.

AuntyRose32
04-30-13, 08:14 PM
Wow....Quetzal is been removed, now it's gonna be returned, eventually...due to feedback! I'm sorry but I have to say this, after 130+ pages (if I remember correctly) of feedback regarding the price hikes in Bakery Story nothing *absolutely nothing* was done by TL to fix that, our feedback must not have been good enough at that time but 42 pages of feed back on Dragon Story is enough to get things sorted? I won't hold my breath for Quetzal's return, is a matter of fact it doesn't really matter anymore to me, trying to decipher and second guess everything is just getting old. All very unnecessary if you ask me, this all just makes me feel tired of the game/s and doesn't entice me to play. I feel like these days I just log into the games, get what I need done and get out....what a shame.

chiefdragon
04-30-13, 09:14 PM
I hope Quetzal will really come back. I don't think I'll be able to get it thru breeding before the timer ends. I don't want to buy it with gold.

eboats
04-30-13, 09:52 PM
This is still boneheaded. Why not just remove all diamond hybrids? Oh wait that is probably next. Just an outrageous move by TL. If anyone misses a diamond because they just decide to make it limited it is a true travesty.

AraRaider
04-30-13, 10:14 PM
How unfair that the quetzal dragon is now limited. I've wasted nearly all my time on the diamond temple TRYING to get this dragon. I've also wasted 250 plus gold to skip thru all the annoying dawn tree dragons I keep getting & I still haven't gotten my quetzal dragon yet. The only dragon hybrid I got with the diamond temple was the crusader dragon & that took me 134 tries. It seems like everyone else except for me has the best luck in getting rare dragons. Every time I breed for something I want it always seems to end up taking ten times longer than everyone else...and now that this dragon is limited it just further makes me even more disappointed with this game. I was so excited to start breeding for all the diamond hybrids once I got my diamond dragon(which I unfortunately bought btw) & it now seems like I'm going to waste even more gold trying to get this dragon before its gone. I guess they're probably going to make all the other diamond hybrids limited too. It honestly doesn't even make any sense because these dragons are almost impossible to get in the first place.

midnightmeerkat
04-30-13, 10:18 PM
How unfair that the quetzal dragon is now limited. I've wasted nearly all my time on the diamond temple TRYING to get this dragon. I've also wasted 250 plus gold to skip thru all the annoying dawn tree dragons I keep getting & I still haven't gotten my quetzal dragon yet. The only dragon hybrid I got with the diamond temple was the crusader dragon & that took me 134 tries. It seems like everyone else except for me has the best luck in getting rare dragons. Every time I breed for something I want it always seems to end up taking ten times longer than everyone else...and now that this dragon is limited it just further makes me even more disappointed with this game. I was so excited to start breeding for all the diamond hybrids once I got my diamond dragon(which I unfortunately bought btw) & it now seems like I'm going to waste even more gold trying to get this dragon before its gone. I guess they're probably going to make all the other diamond hybrids limited too. It honestly doesn't even make any sense because these dragons are almost impossible to get in the first place.
It's 'on vacation'. Will be back apparently

AraRaider
04-30-13, 10:58 PM
It's...on vacation??? It still says it's available on the market...but what's the point of making it go away for awhile? Doing so then means there's no diamond/green hybrid to breed at all.

stoogehunter
04-30-13, 11:01 PM
It's...on vacation??? It still says it's available on the market...but what's the point of making it go away for awhile? Doing so then means there's no diamond/green hybrid to breed at all.

I would say that after receiving a tonne of complaints about removing a diamond hybrid, TL have changed their mind.

midnightmeerkat
04-30-13, 11:28 PM

According to ponyroar it's on vacation

midnightmeerkat
04-30-13, 11:30 PM
I would say that after receiving a tonne of complaints about removing a diamond hybrid, TL have changed their mind.

Yes, they did say due to the feedback they have changed their minds

idestined
05-01-13, 12:05 AM
Oh for God's sake... let TL have their precious gold from NON-FORUM users. We know it's coming back, non-forum users likely aren't going to be playing for long enough to see it come back, let alone know how to BREED the dragon, so let them buy the dragon. Some people just have gold to spend. The announcement isn't going to be updated and even if it isn't going to updated, who cares? We have our answer and if regular players have a brain, they'd check the forums first before buying random []. Otherwise, their loss.

AraRaider
05-01-13, 12:31 AM
Well, 650 gold later of speeding up dawn tree dragons I finally got my quetzal dragon. I'm so happy I could cry! I only have 2 hours and 49 minutes left on my diamond temple. That was very frustrating dragon to obtain I must say. It seems like I always have to work so hard for my dragons. I've never gotten one of my dragons easily like where my friends have gotten theirs on their 2nd or 3rd try. I wonder why I'm so unlucky? ;-;

So I guess it's lucky for me the quetzal wasn't still on vacation, or they'd be hearin' some feedback from me too!

idestined
05-01-13, 01:25 AM
Well, 650 gold later of speeding up dawn tree dragons I finally got my quetzal dragon. I'm so happy I could cry! I only have 2 hours and 49 minutes left on my diamond temple. That was very frustrating dragon to obtain I must say. It seems like I always have to work so hard for my dragons. I've never gotten one of my dragons easily like where my friends have gotten theirs on their 2nd or 3rd try. I wonder why I'm so unlucky? ;-;

So I guess it's lucky for me the quetzal wasn't still on vacation, or they'd be hearin' some feedback from me too!
You learn to be patient or lose gold unnecessarily. The instant I got my diamond several months ago, I started making Quetzals. I currently have 8. Instead of trying to make Quetzals now you should have been working on making Crusaders before they depart. They, too, are very easy to make. They likely targetted Quetzal first because it earns the most coins and I suggested breeding a park full of them for coins.

Your actions are far too predictable. Quetzal will be back and you have pointlessly wasted gold that would have sped up 20 Quetzals.

itzjulezzz
05-01-13, 01:41 AM
I gotta evolve my diamond to breedable & produce a cabbage patch of crusaders.

sunkalito
05-01-13, 01:44 AM

Good to know our (irate) feedback has reached the team. :)

Thing is, like someone has stated before (who was it? i would quote but don'trenember) diamond hybrids are that ultimate goal, that you go for after you have managed to get all others - or almost - because they're supposed to always be there and be very, very hard to get.
They're supposed to be quite a challenge and a nice reward.
especially with the annoying one-element extra fails, I have a feeling there will be more single-elements

Besides, Quetzal has a cool design, in my opinion.

Indeed the best - to "make room" for new dragons - would be to get of the seasonals, which have been fairly predictable (&thank tou for leaving them on for longer than the Halloween ones), and then some of the more common dragons with overly-seen designs, like island, fruitful, charm, coral, love, etc, and bring in a new bunch of commons.

kwhales
05-01-13, 02:58 AM
I am just wondering, Has anyone gotten a quetzal since it became limited?

sunkalito
05-01-13, 04:08 AM

A couple of people were lucky to get it, at least i read so in some walls today. Lucky. Stupid dawntrees.

lollipop_rp
05-01-13, 04:11 AM
tq tl. Pls bring quartzal back asap.

definitley

hahadrago1998
05-01-13, 04:11 AM

That's ultra rare pony. Don't mess with the ultra eared. All for making firestorm a limited dragon say "I"

sunkalito
05-01-13, 04:16 AM
That's ultra rare pony. Don't mess with the ultra eared. All for making firestorm a limited dragon say "I"

I'm more for island and fruitful and charm and coral. At least firestorm looks pretty cool as epic.

Anyuszko
05-01-13, 05:06 AM

For example, me. After One dawntree i made One. Currently One more dawntree is "under construction", then should try further until it goes away (for a second One).

cheryllemon
05-01-13, 05:31 AM

About 3 hours ago I bred a diamond and forest and got 2 days/ 32 gold. So I was very excited because I thought it was a quetzal. But when I just went to check it I am now getting 23 hours/24 gold. It's only been three hours since I put the egg in the nest. I don't know if it was a glitch and now I'm not sure that its a quetzal.

lady_n66
05-01-13, 06:50 AM
I bred Diamond & Forest...and got a Dawntree instead of a quetzal :/

Dior0
05-01-13, 06:51 AM
Today I got my braeding time 44 hours so I getting diamond so I cant get quetzal

lady_n66
05-01-13, 06:54 AM
Does anyone know what's the combo for an ice cream dragon?
(Sorry to post this here, but I can't find it) :/

elwood99
05-01-13, 06:59 AM

Light n water. You can see in the market, no

Dior0
05-01-13, 07:01 AM
Light n water. You can see in the market, no

I got with dream and light

chiefdragon
05-01-13, 08:34 AM
Hmph... second dawn tree fail! I guess I have to say farewell to Quetzal.

chiefdragon
05-01-13, 08:40 AM
About 3 hours ago I bred a diamond and forest and got 2 days/ 32 gold. So I was very excited because I thought it was a quetzal. But when I just went to check it I am now getting 23 hours/24 gold. It's only been three hours since I put the egg in the nest. I don't know if it was a glitch and now I'm not sure that its a quetzal.

It's a dawn tree. That's what mine says whenever I get dawn tree. 2 days because it takes more than 1 day to breed (1 day and 2 hours). 32 gold because of the double gold price increase for speed breeding (26 x 2).

kurebiz
05-01-13, 08:56 AM
It's a dawn tree. That's what mine says whenever I get dawn tree. 2 days because it takes more than 1 day to breed (1 day and 2 hours). 32 gold because of the double gold price increase for speed breeding (26 x 2).

26 x 2 = 52..?

henrylucky
05-01-13, 09:02 AM
26 x 2 = 52..?

Maybe cherrylemon really got a Quetzal!

cheryllemon
05-01-13, 09:15 AM
26 x 2 = 52..?
I was lucky, my gold prices never increased. When I paired the diamond and forest I checked the egg chart to make sure 32 gold=quetzal which it did. But three hours later when I went back in to collect coins I checked the breeding den again and it said 23 hours 23 gold. I was so mad because I feel like I had a quetzal at first but then TL took it away because the dragon is now LE. I don't think that's fair and I no what I saw as for the breeding time when I checked it 2 times!!

kooky panda
05-01-13, 10:05 AM

I was lucky, my gold prices never increased. When I paired the diamond and forest I checked the egg chart to make sure 32 gold=quetzal which it did. But three hours later when I went back in to collect coins I checked the breeding den again and it said 23 hours 23 gold. I was so mad because I feel like I had a quetzal at first but then TL took it away because the dragon is now LE. I don't think that's fair and I no what I saw as for the breeding time when I checked it 2 times!!

You will need to email support@teamlava.com so they can check your game.

Check here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41090-Dragon-Story-Game-Guide&p=590677&viewfull=1#post590677) for current threads for the dragons.

AraRaider
05-01-13, 10:22 AM
You learn to be patient or lose gold unnecessarily. The instant I got my diamond several months ago, I started making Quetzals. I currently have 8. Instead of trying to make Quetzals now you should have been working on making Crusaders before they depart. They, too, are very easy to make. They likely targetted Quetzal first because it earns the most coins and I suggested breeding a park full of them for coins.

Your actions are far too predictable. Quetzal will be back and you have pointlessly wasted gold that would have sped up 20 Quetzals.

I highly doubt I will ever get 20 quetzals. My game seems to be messed up in the fact that every dragon I try to bred I only ever get ONE of and they ALWAYS end up taking weeks and weeks to breed where as my friends end up getting several on their 2nd or third or even fourth try. Quetzal says limited. Who knows when it will come back. With all the unfair moves TL has been doing lately I doubt it would be anytime soon.

I already have a crusader dragon, that was my first hybrid. It also took me 134 tries to get. I counted every single time. My quetzal dragon was around the same, only it was worse because of all the annoying dawn tree dragons...

It doesn't matter what I do, I have to try REALLY hard for all of my dragons otherwise I DON'T get them because they always end up disappearing. Example the zombie dragon I wanted more than anything, but I have to wait all the way til Halloween for another one.

While I think getting rid of the quetzal dragon is majorly unfair and in appropriate by TL...I'll be happy to have my quetzal when they are unfairly removed. Again I say it's absolutely Rediculous to move the ONLY GREEN DIAMOND hybrid when there ISN't any others to breed for! Not to mention not all players have a diamond dragon let alone its hybrids. They're trying to take away the one thing that WAS sure with the diamond dragons & that was breeding for its hybrids! SO VeRY wrong of them to do so.

sehana
05-01-13, 10:33 AM
Looks like I won't be getting Quetzal :(

buffmama
05-01-13, 10:36 AM
No Quetzal for me, only 2 DawnTree and 30 Forest... with double gold prices no speeding up, so time has run out for me ;-(

annbluebird
05-01-13, 10:48 AM
Time to me to say that I dont care about quetzal. I dont have the diamond and with all the new dragons I m not sure that I will have it once. For the moment the game is attractive for me because I m not level 94 and I still miss about 30 dragons.
I DONT BUY GOLD ANYMORE so I take my time to breed something everyday and wait to see what happen.
Some weeks ago I was logging in several times / day and was really acting in the game (visits, comments on walls, maps, apples...) now I dont care anymore. I still visit some nice neighbors but if I cant log in one day I m not mad about it.
more and more of my neighbors are saying the same than me : game have lost its interest.

abde123
05-01-13, 12:03 PM
So is he getting back or not ? Dont understand anymore :( !!!!

mikeclit
05-01-13, 12:44 PM
Looks like I won't be getting Quetzal :(
Are the others going away too? Why was it necessary to force players to buy a Diamond mine and then take away the hybrids? There are a few i'd like but not if they're going to go away, so not point in buying a mine. Either that or TD I guess.

aceblade
05-01-13, 12:51 PM
Everyone smash their gaming devices in 3... 2... 1...

wolftiger1234
05-01-13, 12:56 PM
3rd dawntree in a row...it's like you want me to stop playin bc I won't buy gold from you crooks ever again.

drevo77
05-01-13, 01:32 PM
Everyone smash their gaming devices in 3... 2... 1...

Finally,(whilst weilding a sledge-hammer kathy Bates style) someone with a sense of humour like mine. lol

jlalo
05-01-13, 02:29 PM
Ok I have some weirdness happening in my DS.....I was trying to breed Quetzal before it goes bye bye, using Forest and Diamond,both epic. I was getting forest after forest and then I got a Dragon with a breed time of 26 hrs.....well it will cost me 26 gold to breed now, although the timer reads 13 hrs. I thought you could only get a quetzal from diamond/forest, not a dawntree or Pegasus? Help!

aceblade
05-01-13, 02:35 PM
Finally,(whilst weilding a sledge-hammer kathy Bates style) someone with a sense of humour like mine. lol

haha *highfives*
:D

yayacupcake
05-01-13, 02:39 PM
Ok I have some weirdness happening in my DS.....I was trying to breed Quetzal before it goes bye bye, using Forest and Diamond,both epic. I was getting forest after forest and then I got a Dragon with a breed time of 26 hrs.....well it will cost me 26 gold to breed now, although the timer reads 13 hrs. I thought you could only get a quetzal from diamond/forest, not a dawntree or Pegasus? Help!

Sounds like you have 1/2 breeding times with 2 gold per hour. Lucky! Shoot for 16 hours then. 13 hours = Dawn Tree , 16 = Quetzal.

doop01
05-01-13, 02:51 PM

I'm pretty sure dawntree is 26 hrs. So your gold stayed the same but time is halved. You are one of the lucky ones :)

sunkalito
05-01-13, 03:06 PM
May be unrelated tp the topic, but the Flower dragon is on sale. I'm taking it's an omen of it leaving? I remember seeing some sales for certain dragons (I think they did for Quetzal too, correct me if I'm wrong) and some "package offers". But Flower is 40% off so I am wondering if it means anything?

kwhales
05-01-13, 03:08 PM
It's not on sale on my device.

judyluvs
05-01-13, 03:25 PM
I've bred Diamond and Forest resulting in a Dawn dragon, then a Forest dragon ... And Dawn dragon again. I'm boned as to getting that Queztzl dragon now before the deadline... Not fair when it takes so long to just get that Diamond element for combos. Maybe it'll just become a random vector in future combos?

badger8
05-01-13, 03:34 PM
The only hope I see is that Dawn Tree becomes limited (it was a special occasion dragon) and it goes away, then quetzal comes back.
I am only getting the Ent too. very frustrating.

Baraze
05-01-13, 03:38 PM
I've sold two tre fungus dragons because like peacock it's useless, unless it have something special. Unlike peacock it's hideous. So thankful I got this dragon beforehand. Someone posted on their wall a prediction that fire and gold will get the magic and forest treatment. I'm afraid they may be right. It's annoying.

sollia
05-01-13, 04:00 PM
May be unrelated tp the topic, but the Flower dragon is on sale. I'm taking it's an omen of it leaving? I remember seeing some sales for certain dragons (I think they did for Quetzal too, correct me if I'm wrong) and some "package offers". But Flower is 40% off so I am wondering if it means anything?

It could just be a "April showers bring May flowers" special.

drevo77
05-01-13, 05:36 PM
Aww, Quetz, you have good vacation/holiday/sebaticle.. Etc.. ya hear? lol

drevo77
05-01-13, 05:41 PM
Do you think the team lava team take us seriously"? Cant think why not if they dont, I mean they must have a good sense of humor, right? ...zzz

mikeclit
05-01-13, 05:42 PM
So tomorrow a different diamond hybrid becomes limited?

allenomg
05-01-13, 05:44 PM
3 dawntrees in a row
yay

belizeanmama
05-01-13, 07:04 PM
I'm glad he is just taking a vacation. I think limited dragons should be limited to the colors that are easily attainable by all players, that way everyone had a fair chance of getting it. I still haven't gotten a diamond and I was very upset when I saw the announcement on my game that quetzal was going away, so relieved when I came on here on saw that he'd be back.

I just got one from epic plant and epic diamond. Breeding time is 32 hours ! =)) :p:p

NOW LIMITED: 2013 Apr 29
Quetzel Timer: http://goo.gl/c9He7 :( --Sehana

[/URL]

10 hours
http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj597/northsweets/a2491d48.jpg

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj597/northsweets/fd162a8f.jpg[URL="http://forums.teamlava.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3508&d=1344551095"] (http://forums.teamlava.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3508&d=1344551095)

chiefdragon
05-01-13, 09:45 PM
26 x 2 = 52..?

I'm sorry for my wrong calculation. I was thinking of 16 x 2. Contemplating now if I should speed up my dawn tree so I can try for another quetzal whiie there's still 12 hrs left on the timer. I don't trust that vacation thing.

andreeamanu
05-02-13, 01:13 AM
My activity in the last days: 3 dawn tree dragons, hundreds of forest, no quetzal.... I thought the chances to breed quetzal should increase lately, but i was wrong.

Lolas_Kryptonite
05-02-13, 01:25 AM
My activity in the last days: 3 dawn tree dragons, hundreds of forest, no quetzal.... I thought the chances to breed quetzal should increase lately, but i was wrong.

I'm here just wondering if I should bother trying again for Queztal. Or if I should just wait for it to return from it's "vacation". Already had 2 trees. I don't really want a third.....!

Amaranta_Moony
05-02-13, 01:41 AM
Ok... I bought this dragon two days ago 'cause I thought it will expire forever. And now this message about Quetzal's returning... Well, I'm feeling almost like a loser right now :ccc I don't even care about money I've wasted, but the way u treat your customers is just... Unfair

sunkalito
05-02-13, 01:57 AM
Saw this today.

kwhales
05-02-13, 03:16 AM
One day it will be back? This year or this decade?

HenryLucky1
05-02-13, 03:18 AM
One day it will be back? This year or this decade?

Just TL know that!

kurebiz
05-02-13, 03:40 AM
Well, they did change the pop-up message..

Androidville
05-02-13, 03:48 AM
Im SoSo glad that Quezal will make a come back,, That is one that I wanted. But I dont even have diamond, and Im on lvl 51,,( well thats beside the point), I am really relieved to hear its coming bck, I hope soon, I dont like the snake looking dragons either. & mermaid looks kinda scary, Lol ツ Thx for letting us know 

fultones
05-02-13, 05:06 AM
3 Dawn tree & 69 forest. Nae luck with quetzal dragon

picklylily
05-02-13, 07:08 AM
Did anyone get an Infinity fail from Diamond-Forest combo? Anyone? Thanks! :3

kurebiz
05-02-13, 07:09 AM
Did anyone get an Infinity fail from Diamond-Forest combo? Anyone? Thanks! :3

Haven't seen anyone reported this in the infinity thread, so I don't think its possible. Probably have to use diamond/diamond hybrids for infinity now..

chiefdragon
05-02-13, 08:04 AM
4 dawn tree and hundreds of forest... Goodbye Quetzal :(

sollia
05-02-13, 08:34 AM
I guess I got really lucky then. I had briefly tried for Quetzal but gave up. About a week ago, I decided to sit down and try again. First try.

I'm sorry for everyone having trouble. But at least you'll get another chance, right?

aceblade
05-02-13, 08:45 AM
Trying for this one must have been a pain once Dawntree was introduced. ****er fail time.
:S

Lienyty
05-02-13, 09:31 AM
I think it's nearly impossible to get quetzal now. I got first one months ago. and then tried once more now. For the first one, it was like one hundred of forests and finally quetzal. Now I tried and got only forest and dawn tree.
Shame.