PDA

View Full Version : Collection of questions - mostly about breeding/results/the database

brittanafan
08-09-12, 02:29 PM
So I've been asking questions all over the place and figured I should just make one post with all of them to save the space and stop flooding the forum :( :(

To start, I'm playing on a kindle fire(android) and as of this posting I am level 13.

Database Questions:

I'm curious about the database, about the possible outcomes for breeding pairs, since I've been getting results that aren't listed as possible outcomes. Is the database new and still in progress? Or is it wildly known that the database is only for assumptions and not a definitive chart for what you can/can't get from possible pairings? If I get a result that isn't listed, should I post it on the database or in the database thread so it can be added? Is the database only reliable/accurate for ios users?

For example, I just got an Eagle from breeding lvl 5 Firestorm and lvl 5 Island, and under the Eagle section Island isn't listed on either sides...

Breeding Questions:

These are more general breeding questions, though it does relate to the database as well. If I were to say breed an Atlantis with another dragon, how are my potential results figured out? Atlantis is only listed as a parent for Forestfire, Mistmoth and Parakeet - so does that mean regardless of which other dragon I choose to breed it with, I will Only get one of those three as a result? And if that were the case, would that mean if I bread Atlantis with Magic, I would always get Mistmoth? Since that's the only one of those three that has Magic listed...

I sorta feel like that isn't going to be the case, since it would be too easy, and I know I've been reading tons of things with people trying for dozens or hundreds of times to get some of the super rares with the same two breeding pairs.

So my next question is, how does one determine what the possible outcomes really are? Like if the chart isn't definitive, how could I possibly determine what my possibilities are?

Questions about colors/elements:

This is probably the answer to my question above, but I thought i'd label it specifically. What do the colors/elements actually mean in relation to the possible breeding outcomes? Like, Atlantis is blue and green, if I were to breed it with Eagle, which is red and orange... what exactly happens?

Is it like human genetics where one from each is passed down? So my possible results of the above breeding could be: blue/red, blue/orange, green/red, green/orange? Or is it even more complicated where you can possibly only get one color instead of one from each?

But either way, do you take the potential color results and then look for dragons that are made up of that color, to figure out your potential results? Like, blue/red I see is Athletic, blue/orange I don't see any of those on the database, green/red is Life, Wild and Forestfire, and green/orange i also don't see... but does that mean my potential breeds from the example above, Atlantis and Eagle, are only Athletic, Life, Wild and Forestfire?

But about the colors, why is there no orange on the database? The Eagle is listed as red/yellow, but I know when I look at it on my game it def. has an orange gem... Hmmmm

Numbers of Dragons Questions:

Is it to my advantage to have more than one of each dragon starting off? What do you guys generally do in the beginning, when habitats and space are limited? Right now I'm selling duplicates (only if they are common) to keep space for rares.

I get that the more dragons you have, the more coins an hour you make, but since I'm limited to 7 habitats right now... Or should I just try and level up more quickly and stop breeding so much so that I have the ability to place all of them? I mean, it does kinda suck that I'm selling dragons I spent gold to advance the breeding of... But in general, what do you guys usually do?

Dragon Levels Questions:

Does it matter what level the dragon is when you breed them, in terms of getting a rare or super/ultra rare result? Like I've gotten 2 super rare and 3 rare from breeding level 4 and 5 dragons, but I've mostly seen people getting Diamonds with epic dragons. I've tried breeding my level 5 Firestorm and Island 5 times now since that is listed as being a potential pairing for a diamond, but if it's known that you can't get a diamond unless they are a certain level or higher, then obviously I should wait on that lol

Okay that's all I'm asking right now, I'm sure I'll add questions to this as I go and think up more. But mostly I just really want to know the answers to the breeding questions, since I'm low on gold and want to wait to find out for sure how to figure out what I might get before I try again.

Thanks for your patience reading this, and for any answers you can give!
Brittanafan

northsweets
08-09-12, 02:38 PM
Answer to colors if you breed a blue /green with a red / yellow your out come would be almost every dragon when you breed 4 colors together it would pick any 2 of the colors or a diamond. Like it could take red and yellow and make a eagle or a scorpion, blue and green could get you a poison or a serpent, all 4 colors could give you a diamond. You can end up with a magic, life, island.

northsweets
08-09-12, 02:43 PM
Right now do not sell the dragons until you have one you really want to keep. The more dragons you have the more money they bring in. It does not matter what level your dragons are to breeding them it is all about luck, like a video lottery game it is all random play and outcome.

northsweets
08-09-12, 02:43 PM
There is no orange color that color is supposed to be yellow

brittanafan
08-09-12, 02:48 PM
Answer to colors if you breed a blue /green with a red / yellow your out come would be almost every dragon when you breed 4 colors together it would pick any 2 of the colors or a diamond. Like it could take red and yellow and make a eagle or a scorpion, blue and green could get you a poison or a serpent, all 4 colors could give you a diamond. You can end up with a magic, life, island.

Okay, I realize I labeled Eagle as Orange in my above post because the gem looks orange... but it's actually yellow, which makes sense now. My bad...

But anyway, so there's no rhyme or reason for whether the resulting egg takes one from each, or both from each? So again using my example above, Atlantis blue/green x Eagle yellow/red could give me any combination of those four, including blue/green or yellow/red (even tho it would be taking two from just one parent) OR all four of them (as in a diamond)?

What about purple? I want to say a red x blue would get purple, because I think that's how I got my magic, but for the dragons that are purple/other color, does one of the parents have to have purple, or just blue and red?

I hope this is making sense... It's really confusing and I wish there was a more comprehensive FAQ for this.

brittanafan
08-09-12, 02:53 PM
Right now do not sell the dragons until you have one you really want to keep. The more dragons you have the more money they bring in. It does not matter what level your dragons are to breeding them it is all about luck, like a video lottery game it is all random play and outcome.

gotcha, and noted... I do actually regret selling my last two which were a fruitful and firestorm...

What level do I need to be to be able to have more habitats? Right now I'm maxed at 7... They are all basic habitats though since I haven't had the coins to upgrade to the next level. I suppose I should just upgrade them all as Im able to since that'll allow me to keep the 1 extra dragon per habitat, but i'm curious anyway what the levels are when you can add more (i didn't see it on the database and it's not listed in the market, like in BS/RS when it says you can't add another appliance until you're level xx)

Thank you for answering and baring with me! I'm sure I'll be an expert in no time, but for now I just want to make sure I know what i'm doing before I buy more gold and waste it all lol

Kijame
08-09-12, 02:54 PM
Hey, TL isn't taking it too serious with the genetics, so yes, a four colour combo could essentially leave you with any dragon containing any two of the elements used. even if that means you end up with "clones" of one parent, lol. Which is why I stopped breeding with the Island + Firestorm combo, since some people got diamonds with 3 elements + magic element.

'cause who wants to wait 20 hours to hatch all those spare islands XD

brittanafan
08-09-12, 02:58 PM
Hey, TL isn't taking it too serious with the genetics, so yes, a four colour combo could essentially leave you with any dragon containing any two of the elements used. even if that means you end up with "clones" of one parent, lol. Which is why I stopped breeding with the Island + Firestorm combo, since some people got diamonds with 3 elements + magic element.

'cause who wants to wait 20 hours to hatch all those spare islands XD

Yeah, or spend the 40 gold to advance breed/hatch them! It's clever of them to make diamond and island both hours, so you don't know which you have while it's in the breeding den!

I wish they'd taken the genetics more seriously and made it more logic/math based, so that we could figure out for certain what the possible results are and whatnot... It's like, I love logic and finding patterns, but if it's going to be random in the end... :/

northsweets
08-09-12, 03:00 PM
By level 30 you will have all 25 habitats available every 2 or 3 levels you advance will give you another habitat you can buy and if you put a egg into a habitat before you sell it it will give you the experience you need to level up faster

Kijame
08-09-12, 03:01 PM
Yeah, or spend the 40 gold to advance breed/hatch them! It's clever of them to make diamond and island both hours, so you don't know which you have while it's in the breeding den!

Well actually, Diamonds will cost you 44 gold, Islands 20. And currently I'm not wasting my gold on that XD

northsweets
08-09-12, 03:02 PM
Red and blue makes purple so if you use a magic with another color will get you other dragons like purple ( magic) and blue ( water) could get you a coral or wizard.

rionkimchi
08-09-12, 03:48 PM
I am new to this game but try this chart :

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?33426-Alternate-Breeding-Chart