PDA

View Full Version : Gifting & Tipping Best Practices

redgirl220
08-09-12, 09:43 AM
Hi everyone! My name is Bee. I recently started a few best practices when it comes to gifting and tipping. I know that not every neighbor is a good fit for this, but it is my hope that I can acquire a neighbor list that mirrors what I've started to do. :)

Gifting
Before accepting or declining a gift, I go to my neighbor's restaurant, TIP them and then take a look around. If they have an unfinished, constructible appliance or item on their floor, I check their wall to see if they have a particular preference and them gift accordingly. If they don't have an unfinished appliance, I visit their Wall to see if they have a gift preference. If they do, I gift them that item. If they don't, I gift them a part that can be used on several current appliances. It is usually a part for the Easy Oven, Easy Stove and Easy Grill. My "go to" parts are Gear and Paint. If a player is fairly new and haven't accumulated a lot of appliances, I may gift other parts to other appliances that are still in circulation.

Double Gifting
When I receive a gift request, I take note of what my neighbor wants before visiting their restaurant. When I get to their restaurant, I TIP them first. The second step is gifting. I either gift them what they requested on the Materials Request OR I gift them an accompanying part for that appliance/item OR for another constructible appliance/item they may have on their floor.

I then return to the Materials Request and hit Accept. This way, I've gifted them twice and tipped them.
I LOVE THIS AND HOPE THAT OTHERS JOIN ME IN DOING THIS. :p

Tipping
I always return tips from neighbors and community members if I see it on my News Feed or they posted on my Wall.

Declining Food Gifts
I decline EVERY food gift. I may also decline a part that I don't need. If I receive a food gift, I follow my usual gifting best practice. In addition to that, I write a very nice note on my neighbor's wall like this: "Hi! I really appreciate your gifts, but please send parts instead of food. Thanks! :)"

If I receive another food gift from that neighbor, I delete them. While I appreciate gifters and don't actually like deleting them, I've had to do this in recent days. Because we can only receive 20 direct gifts, I'd like those slots to be for things I actually need. If I can't get to my game to clear out these unwanted gifts, I may miss out on a part gift from another neighbor. I've had this happen enough times to finally take action.

Gifting All Neighbors
After I've maxed out on receiving my 20 direct gifts, I go to my Neighbor List and send a general gift to everyone on my list. Again, this is either a part for a new appliance or one of the "go to" parts.

Tipping All Neighbors
It is very time consuming to tip every table of 200 or more neighbors. This is especially true since most of them are at 0 stars. LoL So...at the end of every other day, I go through my Neighbor List and tip those that have at least 1 star.

Writing on My Neighbor's Walls
I don't typically leave a message on my neighbor's walls to let them know that I stopped by. I only use this to communicate a specific message, return the favor of a very nice post on my wall or if we happen to strike up a conversation.

Writing on My Wall
If I have a gift preference, I may write it on my wall for inquiring neighbors.

If you are interested in a neighbor like me, my Storm8ID is RedGirl220. I use the same best practices on Bakery Story...and on Nightclub Story as it applies. Have a great day! Ciao! :cool:

PloyM
08-09-12, 10:05 AM
I'm interesting in your practices. After reading over and over again, you kinda put my thoughts out there of what I looking for a new neighbor! I decline food and accepting tools, well some neighbor aren't reading my wall much so I just said to them that any tools would be great for me.

I don't remember If you already my neighbor but add me, I play both RS and BS active.

redgirl220
08-09-12, 11:37 AM
I'm interesting in your practices. After reading over and over again, you kinda put my thoughts out there of what I looking for a new neighbor! I decline food and accepting tools, well some neighbor aren't reading my wall much so I just said to them that any tools would be great for me.

I don't remember If you already my neighbor but add me, I play both RS and BS active.

I'm glad this is interesting Ploy! We are neighbors on RS...I'm Chicago Red. :-) I'll add you on BS...I'm Sweet Eats on there.

PloyM
08-09-12, 11:51 AM
Ooh no wonder why your ID sound familiar, oh hey!

KadeeDid
08-09-12, 01:49 PM
Thanks! Great post. I do the same so good to know what you do. I have just started these games. Less than 2 weeks ago. I have been accepting food and thought that was best gift. I didn't know about the slots. I accept foo, then immediately use it. I haven't built up the inventory yet. Just learning. Thank you for sharing the tips as I want my neighbours to be happy. I try to check their walls and watch my wall to see what they like. Some do ask for food. If they request something, I do gift that. I wan't sure if requests counted as gift but glad to hear that I can gift and fill request. Intry to fill ASAP as I know how frustrating it is waiting.

Thanks so much.

Kadee

Potatocat
08-09-12, 07:22 PM
Hi Bee.

Everyone has their own way of tipping and gifting, and what you chose to do depends upon what is important to you, so there is no best I worst way.

For me, visiting and tipping my neighbors is important cause I develop relationships with them. I keep my neighbors list small so tht I can tip each one of them nearly every day. having a lot if nghbrs is kind of pointless to me because of the 20 gift max anyway.

Gifting isn't that important to me....I ask my nghbrs if they prefer parts or food as I don't have the time to individually tip everyone different things. If they want special items then they can request them. :)

I expect my nghbrs to post when they tip. That way I know for sure that they tip as I don't check the news feed. I post when I do. If ppl don't post within a week, I delete. unless they are good friends :) I keep a list to keep track as this makes it easier for me.

marrrina
08-10-12, 05:35 AM
I tip everyone who has gifted me, written on my wall, or appears in my news feed. I find by doing that I'm tipping those who are neighborly and I don't waste time tipping neighbors who generally won't ever tip back.

PloyM
08-10-12, 09:07 AM
I tip everyone who has gifted me, written on my wall, or appears in my news feed. I find by doing that I'm tipping those who are neighborly and I don't waste time tipping neighbors who generally won't ever tip back.

I'm doing kinda the same thing that you did too. I tip to anyone who tipped me or written on my wall, or show up in news feed. Oh wait! That's the same thing!

almondieeyez
08-10-12, 10:03 AM
This is awesome, Red. I just recently went through a massive sweep on my neighbor list on both RS and BS. I was so tired of giving out requests and end of the day only managed to accumulate half the parts I need for an appliance. I didnt have alot of time to play before so I would accept all incoming requests and gifts and did a mass gift giving of parts.

Now I actually have a lot more time to invest in BS and RS, your practices have got me thinking of trying to hone mine's a bit more.

PloyM
08-10-12, 10:45 AM
I'm kinda tired of repeating myself that I only need tools. Eventhough my RS's counter are empty but I don't need food at all. Right now I'm trying to have a small size amount of neighbor who really understands me or the same type i am. I don't need extras neighbor who always need me to repeat again and again. Anyone have a problem like mine? I bet lots of people does.

almondieeyez
08-10-12, 10:50 AM
Right now I'm trying to have a small size amount of neighbor who really understands me or the same type i am. I don't need extras neighbor who always need me to repeat again and again.

How many neighbors do you have? After doing a massive sweep, I came on here the last week to get more neighbors, now with so many neighbors i am having a hard time juggling RS, BS, and FS. Trying to be a exceptionally good neighbor is time consuming. I am literally on my phone all day giving out tips.

redgirl220
08-10-12, 11:04 AM
Hi Bee.

Everyone has their own way of tipping and gifting, and what you chose to do depends upon what is important to you, so there is no best I worst way.

For me, visiting and tipping my neighbors is important cause I develop relationships with them. I keep my neighbors list small so tht I can tip each one of them nearly every day. having a lot if nghbrs is kind of pointless to me because of the 20 gift max anyway.

Gifting isn't that important to me....I ask my nghbrs if they prefer parts or food as I don't have the time to individually tip everyone different things. If they want special items then they can request them. :)

I expect my nghbrs to post when they tip. That way I know for sure that they tip as I don't check the news feed. I post when I do. If ppl don't post within a week, I delete. unless they are good friends :) I keep a list to keep track as this makes it easier for me.

Hi Potato!

You are absolutely right about there not being a best or worst way. How one plays is based on a lot of factors. I was sharing my practices because this is the way that works best for me (at this current time) and the kind of neighbors I'd like to have.

I also keep a list for a few different reasons. I have two sheets...one for BS & RS. LOL It can be hard to keep up with people who unknowingly gift food without it. If I've already requested that they don't send food, it's easy for me to refer to my list before deleting them.

Thanks for sharing,
Bee :)

redgirl220
08-10-12, 11:20 AM
Thanks! Great post. I do the same so good to know what you do. I have just started these games. Less than 2 weeks ago. I have been accepting food and thought that was best gift. I didn't know about the slots. I accept foo, then immediately use it. I haven't built up the inventory yet. Just learning. Thank you for sharing the tips as I want my neighbours to be happy. I try to check their walls and watch my wall to see what they like. Some do ask for food. If they request something, I do gift that. I wan't sure if requests counted as gift but glad to hear that I can gift and fill request. Intry to fill ASAP as I know how frustrating it is waiting.

Thanks so much.

Kadee

Hey there Kadee!

I'm glad you liked the post and it was truly a pleasure to share. :) I needed food when I first started too. I would run out allllll the time! heehee I've been playing for 1.5 years and my needs and how I play have changed over time. If you continue to play, yours will likely evolve too.

Thanks for sharing,

kittyboo45
08-10-12, 11:21 AM
I do the samething

redgirl220
08-10-12, 11:27 AM
I'm doing kinda the same thing that you did too. I tip to anyone who tipped me or written on my wall, or show up in news feed. Oh wait! That's the same thing!

Hey Marrrina & PloyM,

I do that too...that is a great practice!

Thanks for sharing,

redgirl220
08-10-12, 11:31 AM
This is awesome, Red. I just recently went through a massive sweep on my neighbor list on both RS and BS. I was so tired of giving out requests and end of the day only managed to accumulate half the parts I need for an appliance. I didnt have alot of time to play before so I would accept all incoming requests and gifts and did a mass gift giving of parts.

Now I actually have a lot more time to invest in BS and RS, your practices have got me thinking of trying to hone mine's a bit more.

Thanks AlmondieEyes,

Yes, it is quite tiresome. It takes waaaay more time to build appliances when your neighbors aren't responsive. I'm hoping to trim my list to neighbors who are more like me. :)

Bee

PloyM
08-10-12, 11:58 AM
How many neighbors do you have? After doing a massive sweep, I came on here the last week to get more neighbors, now with so many neighbors i am having a hard time juggling RS, BS, and FS. Trying to be a exceptionally good neighbor is time consuming. I am literally on my phone all day giving out tips.

Well the neighbor who understands me are not that many, I have about 115 neighbors, which about less than 50 of them are who really tip me, accept my request everyday, and gift me tools in BS. In RS I have total of 55 neighbor and there are less than 25 person that doing the same thing that I expected them.

PloyM
08-10-12, 12:00 PM
Hi Potato!

You are absolutely right about there not being a best or worst way. How one plays is based on a lot of factors. I was sharing my practices because this is the way that works best for me (at this current time) and the kind of neighbors I'd like to have.

I also keep a list for a few different reasons. I have two sheets...one for BS & RS. LOL It can be hard to keep up with people who unknowingly gift food without it. If I've already requested that they don't send food, it's easy for me to refer to my list before deleting them.

Thanks for sharing,

You really have a list tracking people who did the criteria? I'm looking for a list too but I'm too tired to make one for my own with paper, ruler, and pen! I'm looking for a chart that I can edit and take notes (like the chart inventory etc.) that I can use on my iPad.

almondieeyez
08-10-12, 12:10 PM
I was thinking about put eveything on paper and pen too but I feel like once I do that I expect too much from my neighbors since every one plays at their own pace. Once I start hounding them to do things a certain way, I am the one that acts like a bad neighbor. Can't have it all!

PloyM
08-10-12, 12:21 PM
I know how you felt! I always chase down the neighbor that always send me food and that neighbor is a person who needs only food but I'm a neighbor who only need tools and send tools out! And I'm always get confused! My way is send & received tools and accept request, also tipping neighbor. Can't have one different neighbor in a group, it just confused me!

KadeeDid
08-10-12, 01:15 PM
Hey there Kadee!

I'm glad you liked the post and it was truly a pleasure to share. :) I needed food when I first started too. I would run out allllll the time! heehee I've been playing for 1.5 years and my needs and how I play have changed over time. If you continue to play, yours will likely evolve too.

I can fill my counters on BS but can't keep up on RS. food disappears as soon as I cook it. justbstartedva few days ago and trying to decide what food to cook, what oven or grill I need next. browsing for tips. iI didn't,t know about the 20!slots and wondered why my requests weren't getting filled. so much stew filling the slots!

kadee

redgirl220
08-10-12, 01:42 PM
You really have a list tracking people who did the criteria? I'm looking for a list too but I'm too tired to make one for my own with paper, ruler, and pen! I'm looking for a chart that I can edit and take notes (like the chart inventory etc.) that I can use on my iPad.

I do...I write it all down on a piece of paper. I have Restaurant on one side and Bakery on the other. I play on my iPad too, but having a checklist on that would be more labor intensive. Writing it down is much faster than typing it out on the iPad. I spend way too much time on it already. LBVS I do manage my parts on a spreadsheet via laptop though. I took Sehana's spreadsheet and tweaked it a bit. I started on a spreadsheet of my own, but never followed through and finished it. I'm so happy I found hers! Thank God for the forum. :)

monkeynuts21
08-10-12, 02:44 PM
re: best practise, i have several neighbours whose cooking appliances are empty but occassionally picking up tips & not tipping back. i presume they are on holiday but they havent notified me of this. would it be rude to delete them? i have kept non tipping nieghbours for 3 mnths as they have said they are goig away but i think it's rude to not notify your neighbours that you are going away for a period of time, to delete or not- all advice very welcome

redgirl220
08-11-12, 09:50 AM
re: best practise, i have several neighbours whose cooking appliances are empty but occassionally picking up tips & not tipping back. i presume they are on holiday but they havent notified me of this. would it be rude to delete them? i have kept non tipping nieghbours for 3 mnths as they have said they are goig away but i think it's rude to not notify your neighbours that you are going away for a period of time, to delete or not- all advice very welcome

It really depends on your needs. If it is an inconvenience to you and you feel like you're wasting your time, then I'd say that is enough to delete them if I had that situation. I agree that it is rude to not notify your neighbors of an extended absence. At the very least, one should post on their own wall that they are away.

LoviepetsGarden
08-11-12, 07:59 PM
I tip and gift everyone as long as they are not full. With almost 300 hundred friends between RS and BS, I honestly don't have time to write on their wall each time I tip. I do let them know they are full in the event they want me to come back and tip. I am noticing that some players aren't participating anymore (food rooting on stoves for days on end, no new food being made, store not expanding, etc) so I will start cleaining out my list.
If someone asks me for a specific grift I try to remember and send it next time. I usually give parts but will give food if I see their counters are empty.

Zetra
08-11-12, 11:05 PM
This method only apply to those who have lower than 10 neighbor,It's way to crazy if you have over than 50 neighbors.

starstar2
08-12-12, 01:10 AM
Delete if less than 3 star rating in my situation.

ms_holla
08-12-12, 05:46 PM
Couldn't have said it better than myself. I comply with the same concept! Thanks for adding ms_holla

crazycat76
08-15-12, 12:24 PM
I can fill my counters on BS but can't keep up on RS. food disappears as soon as I cook it. justbstartedva few days ago and trying to decide what food to cook, what oven or grill I need next. browsing for tips. iI didn't,t know about the 20!slots and wondered why my requests weren't getting filled. so much stew filling the slots!

kadee

Kadee and all which have the same problem, I can only give you the advice to read fecsuper's highly informative threads.

For example this one:
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23600-Adjust-food-Consumption-speed-using-this-technics-(without-Maths)&p=221871#post221871

...and mostly this one: How to, do not stock out!!

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23110-How-to-do-NOT-STOCK-out-!!!-(servings-hour)

You will never again have the problem to run out of food or need to block the door.

crazycat76
08-15-12, 12:35 PM
Back to topic: I will never understand why most people here collect neighbours like socks...?

I have 40 neighbours in RS and 35 in BS, and I just started to sort out some of the non-active people. You can only get 20 gifts, why do you need over 100 neighbours, most of them non-tippers/gifters/request-answerers? My deadline is definitely 30-40, because I have a fulltime-job and a household and still want to have a reallife, too.

I just posted for non-tippers (bad enough that noone really seems to read the words after "storm-ID" or on my wall, so there are beginners inviting me, too), because its useless time and not worth the coins/xp you get for it. I rather prefer having the time to chat more with my really nice neighbours than tipping this bouncing useless horror on tables.

But thats only my two cents, everyone finds its way to play.

Therefore: happy cooking, and good luck, RedGirl :)

PloyM
08-15-12, 07:17 PM
I don't know if you already mentioned this in the list, Bee, but Ive seen this happend usually from my neighbors. Let's say I'm restaurant "A" and my neighbor is restaurant "C" ( don't get confused later on) The story start of with daily routine which me, restaurant "A" send out tools that restaurant "C" wants in their walls. Then, restaurant "C" did the same thing daily which is send back tools gift. Coincidently, restaurant "C" decided not to send back the favor of tools which I did sent one tool that day. That restaurant "C" instead sent food, which I declined, and sometime restaurant "C" sent a request to me for tools for their constructable appliances. Beforehand, I tried to sent request to restaurant "C" and perhaps they declined it��. Restaurat "C" keep sending and asking for tools request and they keep sending me food!��

I don't want to complain but I'm sure not only myself that wants a strong neighbors who paid back the favor and really understand the rule��. You can't say that your allergic to daily, while you eating cheese. Get the point? I think that's meant the same thing.

The important word I want to say again is Pay back the favor your wonderful neighbor did to you, and you always will get one in return.

redgirl220
08-16-12, 01:22 AM
I don't know if you already mentioned this in the list, Bee, but Ive seen this happend usually from my neighbors. Let's say I'm restaurant "A" and my neighbor is restaurant "C" ( don't get confused later on) The story start of with daily routine which me, restaurant "A" send out tools that restaurant "C" wants in their walls. Then, restaurant "C" did the same thing daily which is send back tools gift. Coincidently, restaurant "C" decided not to send back the favor of tools which I did sent one tool that day. That restaurant "C" instead sent food, which I declined, and sometime restaurant "C" sent a request to me for tools for their constructable appliances. Beforehand, I tried to sent request to restaurant "C" and perhaps they declined it��. Restaurat "C" keep sending and asking for tools request and they keep sending me food!��

I don't want to complain but I'm sure not only myself that wants a strong neighbors who paid back the favor and really understand the rule��. You can't say that your allergic to daily, while you eating cheese. Get the point? I think that's meant the same thing.

The important word I want to say again is Pay back the favor your wonderful neighbor did to you, and you always will get one in return.

It always goes back to finding neighbors who are a good fit for your evolving needs. After kindly asking a neighbor to send parts instead of food, she said she wouldn't take the time to remember which of her neighbors wanted food or parts. I told her I completely understood and that we probably weren't a good fit for each other and wished her well. I liked that she was a gifting neighbor, but I didn't want to miss an opportunity of receiving a part gift that I can use because Food gifts were sent that I hadn't declined yet. I'm not a witch about it either. It doesn't upset me if it doesn't work out. I just tip them, gift them and then delete them.

magicmaker1121
08-16-12, 01:41 AM
These are some good tips! I've been playing for a while, but it took me a while to figure out exactly how the constructable items worked, and I only recently ventured into the social side of things. These strike me as much better practices than gifting randomly, and I'm going to try to put them into practice. Thanks!

redgirl220
08-16-12, 01:45 AM
Back to topic: I will never understand why most people here collect neighbours like socks...?

I have 40 neighbours in RS and 35 in BS, and I just started to sort out some of the non-active people. You can only get 20 gifts, why do you need over 100 neighbours, most of them non-tippers/gifters/request-answerers? My deadline is definitely 30-40, because I have a fulltime-job and a household and still want to have a reallife, too.

I just posted for non-tippers (bad enough that noone really seems to read the words after "storm-ID" or on my wall, so there are beginners inviting me, too), because its useless time and not worth the coins/xp you get for it. I rather prefer having the time to chat more with my really nice neighbours than tipping this bouncing useless horror on tables.

But thats only my two cents, everyone finds its way to play.

Therefore: happy cooking, and good luck, RedGirl :)

LoL @ collect neighbors like socks! heeheehee Yes, there is real value in not wanting to waste time on what one considers a bad neighbor. Some people consider you a bad neighbor if you don't post on their wall when you stop by. Others feel like you've gotta tip them every single day. I don't feel that way, but everyone has their own reasons on what works best for them. I definitely have some clean up to do...especially those that are no longer playing. But for right now, my biggest issue is food gifters and old specialty part gifters. Thanks for your feedback crazycat! I love your dry sense of humor, btw. You made me laugh! Happy cooking and good luck hon! :-)

redgirl220
08-16-12, 01:47 AM
These are some good tips! I've been playing for a while, but it took me a while to figure out exactly how the constructable items worked, and I only recently ventured into the social side of things. These strike me as much better practices than gifting randomly, and I'm going to try to put them into practice. Thanks!

Awesomeness! Good luck Magic! :-)

3squares
08-16-12, 01:36 PM
Everyone has his own "best practices". I accept any neighbor request if the player has 2 or more stars. I gift almost every day, and I gift all my neighbors.

I always gift Stew to players below Level 30 unless they post their current request on my wall, or if their current request is plainly visible on their wall. Players at or above Level 30 get a generic part unless they specify they need something. The exception is when new appliances come out. I assume my neighbors will be building the new appliance, and I send those parts for at least a few days.

Periodically I go through my neighbor list and delete players who have zero stars, after looking at their restaurant and wall. Sometimes a player gets bored and stops playing for awhile. I might keep them on as neighbors just because I like the design of their restaurant, or have been good neighbors in the past and I'm hoping they will return. That said, any zero star player who is just merrily rolling along, cooking and decorating, accepting gifts and tips, but not reciprocating, Gets deleted.

I also have a lot of zero star neighbors who are Level 96 and above. I figure I might become one of them some day soon.

I don't tip everyone every day. It is so easy to get to 3 stars in this game. I tip everyone who has 3 or 4 stars, and anyone who posts on my wall. I tip off my wall if nothing else.

almondieeyez
08-17-12, 10:04 AM
Communication is key to finding a good neighbor that fits your ideal. After three attempts at asking someone to gift parts instead of food, i just delete them after I give them a warning. Even with high level players who play everyday tip and gift daily and don't response to your messages tells me that they aren't going to be good neighbors. I just find it rude ignoring someone on the wall.

3squares
08-17-12, 12:01 PM
I don't delete neighbors if they send me an unwanted gift. I delete the gift to make room for another wanted gift. Since I hav so many neighbors, my chances are pretty good.

Even neighbors who send French Toast are pretty good at filling goal and part requests.

haleyms
08-20-12, 06:28 AM
People should be glad to have three and four star neighbors. Most people don't have time to tip 300 people every day. I tip as much as i can and prioritize by amount of stars. I gift everyone. Stop looking your gift horses in the mouth. You take the fun out of the game when it becomes a job and you are held accountable and threatened with deletion if you miss a day of tipping.

Add HALEYMS I'm a good neighbor who gifts every neighbor every morning and tip as much as i can (3 & 4 stars priority) i only delete zero. stars and if your wall posts and rotten food tell me that you are inactive. Muuuah!

haleyms
08-20-12, 06:39 AM
See you just said you give a "warning". What's fun about giving a warning? Its a game. Just take mental notes and delete as needed. There was a warning on one of my neighbors walls saying that if you don't retip she will delete. I deleted her because she obviously takes this game too seriously. Giving your pretend neighbors warnings is rude. This game should be relaxing and when someone tries to make it unfun, that's when i delete. That's just me though. Everyone is different.

PloyM
08-20-12, 09:54 AM
Im not sensitive on tipping but I do sensitive on gifting daily. Most of my neighbor usually came in handy dandy of daily gifting tools that I wanted and tipped. These tips are little amount of cash in my pocket from my wonderful neighbors.

cookietyler
08-20-12, 05:03 PM
I tip and gift my neighbors everyday (on BS, RS, FS, and NS), I also fulfill requests for parts daily as well. The issue that I have is this: I have neighbors who don't gift and don't tip, but still send requests for parts? What's your take on this?

PloyM
08-21-12, 11:30 AM
The issue that I have is this: I have neighbors who don't gift and don't tip, but still send requests for parts? What's your take on this?

I have that same issue too from some of my neighbors who keep sending me tools request daily but don't send me tools daily. Like I mentioned before, neighbors need to paid back favors, I do that every morning when I woke up. Just give tools back and accept the neighbors request (tipping is optional to some neighbors) that's not hard, you don't have to give out tools every hour of the day.

JohnDede
08-21-12, 02:09 PM
The issue that I have is this: I have neighbors who don't gift and don't tip, but still send requests for parts? What's your take on this?

Are they adding to your game, or a negative? Everyone plays the game their own way. Neighbors who don't fit your game need to be moved on. There are lots of others out there whose game they will be a better fit for. If the way they play aggravates you, they're a negative.

Pleach
08-25-12, 12:11 AM
Please answer if I'm right: If you decline a gift you received (food and you prefer parts) it doesn't count to the 20 gifts limit!? So nothing has happened so far. Simply this neighbour can't gift you a second gift that day (unless answer a material request). If we have many neighbours it's not a big deal. Just ask another one... I prefer food gifts and when I build something I make it with a material request. I accept parts that people send me either. As I play in android I cannot see the parts I already have. For me tipping and receiving tips is fun.

xoxjenn
08-25-12, 12:57 AM
See you just said you give a "warning". What's fun about giving a warning? Its a game. Just take mental notes and delete as needed. There was a warning on one of my neighbors walls saying that if you don't retip she will delete. I deleted her because she obviously takes this game too seriously. Giving your pretend neighbors warnings is rude. This game should be relaxing and when someone tries to make it unfun, that's when i delete. That's just me though. Everyone is different.

I agree with you. I had a neighbor write on my wall that I apparently didn't read her wall because I didn't gift her accordingly. & she is right, I didn't read her wall. I don't read any of my neighbors walls. I don't comment anyones wall unless it is to compliment their bakery. BUT I do gift EVERY neighbor & tip EVERY neighbor of mine every single morning. I don't expect my neighbors to gift or tip me everyday. It is nice, but not expected. But I do delete people that have zero stars on a regular basis.

haleyms
08-27-12, 12:36 PM
I agree with you. I had a neighbor write on my wall that I apparently didn't read her wall because I didn't gift her accordingly. & she is right, I didn't read her wall. I don't read any of my neighbors walls. I don't comment anyones wall unless it is to compliment their bakery. BUT I do gift EVERY neighbor & tip EVERY neighbor of mine every single morning. I don't expect my neighbors to gift or tip me everyday. It is nice, but not expected. But I do delete people that have zero stars on a regular basis.

Finally. Someone with some sense on this thread. I started a thread titled "rude, neighbors". I have found a lot of neighbors who feel the same as me on it. You should take a look.

Id:haleyms

tastytoastie
08-28-12, 02:09 AM
I'm glad this is interesting Ploy! We are neighbors on RS...I'm Chicago Red. :-) I'll add you on BS...I'm Sweet Eats on there.

I am also intriged by your practices, I will try to put them in practice, I also added you on bakkery (easy oven) and on restaurant (tadtytoastie)

redgirl220
08-31-12, 08:30 AM
I tip and gift my neighbors everyday (on BS, RS, FS, and NS), I also fulfill requests for parts daily as well. The issue that I have is this: I have neighbors who don't gift and don't tip, but still send requests for parts? What's your take on this?

You are either maxed out when they do attempt to gift you or they simply don't attempt to. Some of my neighbors aren't tippers and I'm okay with that because I understand that it is very time consuming. But I'm okay with them not tipping if they are gifters and respond to part requests. LoL Some of my best neighbors have 0 stars. Before the News Feed update where it notes that someone responded to a request (not always reliable or correct with the information, btw), you had no way of knowing. If it makes you uncomfortable, just remove them and find more like-minded neighbors. Everyone has a different style and reason for playing. The key is finding people who fit what you're looking for. It's kind of like dating. LOL

yorba
08-31-12, 08:55 PM
Wow way too complicated. You don't have to visit me and look around before you gift. You can gift me anything. And I'll tip you even if you don't leave a msg or on news feed or have lots of stars. I won't be hurt or offended if you delete me for any reason. Don't even have to warn me about anything. Just tip and gift me at least 3 times a week and I'm good...

haleyms
09-03-12, 08:26 PM
Wow way too complicated. You don't have to visit me and look around before you gift. You can gift me anything. And I'll tip you even if you don't leave a msg or on news feed or have lots of stars. I won't be hurt or offended if you delete me for any reason. Don't even have to warn me about anything. Just tip and gift me at least 3 times a week and I'm good...

I'm sooooooo with you on that one. Add haleyms if you like.;)