PDA

View Full Version : Missing half my piano...

melby29
08-08-12, 01:31 AM
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w389/Melby29/bakery_story-2012-08-08-06-19-34.png

nmishii
08-08-12, 04:43 AM
That's from a bug from way before Stormie. The half cut off images happen all the time with me on all my games. You just have to wait until it decides to display it fully. TL is aware of the problem, but isn't doing anything about it.

melby29
08-08-12, 04:58 AM
It happened with a couple of my counters the other day too. It may have happened before Stormie came along, but somehow it is still his fault.... I'm sure of it.....

pinkcherryb
08-08-12, 05:20 AM
Melby has it out for Stormie lol

queentina3
08-08-12, 05:21 AM
It happened with a couple of my counters the other day too. It may have happened before Stormie came along, but somehow it is still his fault.... I'm sure of it.....

LOL!!! I had that happen to my time chairs once, and the clones walking by it were all smiling. It was a spooky picture, like they'd cut them in half on purpose. *giggles*

This has never happened to me on my iPad, but always used to happen on my Android. It would even flip tables, appliances, counters.......................

pinksugar800
08-08-12, 05:22 AM
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w389/Melby29/bakery_story-2012-08-08-06-19-34.png

HA!!!!!!! The guy is standing there speechless!!!!������

melby29
08-08-12, 05:28 AM
Melby has it out for Stormie lol

Melby loves Stormie, remember?

But EVERYTHING is always the guy's fault....

melby29
08-08-12, 05:30 AM
HA!!!!!!! The guy is standing there speechless!!!!������

"First, there was no stool..... now there is only half a piano? What kind of piano bar is this?"

queentina3
08-08-12, 05:30 AM
ha!!!!!!! The guy is standing there speechless!!!!������

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!

queentina3
08-08-12, 05:31 AM
"First, there was no stool..... now there is only half a piano? What kind of piano bar is this?"

Maybe it's one of the ones that you just hit a button and it plays itself? :p

melby29
08-08-12, 05:39 AM
Maybe it's one of the ones that you just hit a button and it plays itself? :p

Hopefully the button isn't/wasn't located on the lid....

mattyboo1
08-08-12, 05:54 AM
A ghost piano ahhahha teamlava never fixes the little bugs or the bugs that annoy us

bigbux3
08-08-12, 07:27 AM
Why would Stormie only want half? I'd take the whole piano.

[S8] Elsa
08-08-12, 09:54 AM
Let's steer this back on topic and discuss the piano issue. :)

bobbyrae
08-08-12, 10:00 AM
Let's steer this back on topic and discuss the piano issue. :)

ok...back to the piano issue.

Is TL doing something about it? Or is this one of those many things that are too low (or not even ) on the priority list?

lola1190
08-08-12, 10:04 AM
I have this problem with a number of items: certain foods, drinks and decor. It always happens when I visit someone who has a Barista Counter -- only half shows up.

amentofashion
08-08-12, 12:14 PM
Yeah this happened to me with my Mug Display thingy. When I got a new phone and installed it it was fine. Try reinstalling - you'll be told to by mods anyway ;)

lola1190
08-08-12, 01:18 PM
Yeah this happened to me with my Mug Display thingy. When I got a new phone and installed it it was fine. Try reinstalling - you'll be told to by mods anyway ;)

I'm too lazy to re-install. I'll have to do it at some point.

pinkster73
08-08-12, 01:27 PM
I just force close and it gets magically fixed.

queentina3
08-08-12, 03:13 PM
Ok, being serious now......The issue with processing circles over certain decor/foods, cut-in-half objects, and flipped objects, is due to a connection issue. What I mean by that is when we clear the cache on a game or if the game itself is having an issue loading certain images, what you see with the piano is what happens. I think it was DW that finally figured it out at one point, and is normally seen on Android devices, since it is easier to clear the cache on those than on Apple devices. I only notice a slow loading of content issue when I've had to uninstall/reinstall or when I've had to install a new version of a game.

I saw this ALL the time on my Android device because I had to uninstall/reinstall almost daily, and the times I didn't have to, I had to clear the cache on the game before going into it every time, so it always took a while for things to actually look like they were supposed to. If I tried to move across the screen to quickly, a table or counter would look flipped and have a long line drawing it across the screen.

At times funny, at others quite annoying. I actually haven't seen many posts about this issue in the past few months, so has something happened on TLs end to clear it up or have people just stopped posting about it?

nmishii
08-08-12, 04:18 PM
Ok, being serious now......The issue with processing circles over certain decor/foods, cut-in-half objects, and flipped objects, is due to a connection issue. What I mean by that is when we clear the cache on a game or if the game itself is having an issue loading certain images, what you see with the piano is what happens. I think it was DW that finally figured it out at one point, and is normally seen on Android devices, since it is easier to clear the cache on those than on Apple devices. I only notice a slow loading of content issue when I've had to uninstall/reinstall or when I've had to install a new version of a game.

I saw this ALL the time on my Android device because I had to uninstall/reinstall almost daily, and the times I didn't have to, I had to clear the cache on the game before going into it every time, so it always took a while for things to actually look like they were supposed to. If I tried to move across the screen to quickly, a table or counter would look flipped and have a long line drawing it across the screen.

At times funny, at others quite annoying. I actually haven't seen many posts about this issue in the past few months, so has something happened on TLs end to clear it up or have people just stopped posting about it?

I've stopped posting about it. What's even more annoying is when I get processing circles instead of objects. I have to kind of tap around to find empty tables to tip or crops/trees to water, and hope when I post "Full" they really are, so I don't look like an idiot.

queentina3
08-08-12, 05:13 PM
I've stopped posting about it. What's even more annoying is when I get processing circles instead of objects. I have to kind of tap around to find empty tables to tip or crops/trees to water, and hope when I post "Full" they really are, so I don't look like an idiot.

Please let me know if you ever have an issue finding tables/plots in my RS/BS/Farm, as I'll make sure to have something out that you COULD see and not have to play 'find-the-table or find-the-crop'. That has got to be annoying and I'd probably just post to those that I was having that issue with "sorry, everything is greyed out circles, not sure where to tip/water". :(

[S8] Elsa
08-08-12, 05:38 PM
@melby29: Please clear your app's cache and check your game again. If you're still experiencing this issue with your piano, please let me know.

melby29
08-08-12, 06:34 PM
Thanks Pony, that worked a treat. I now have the whole piano.

I guess once I cleared the cache, it was like resetting my memory so I no longer even know Stormie existed??